Where is my Paraclete?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Etymology:

Paraclete comes from the Koine Greek word παράκλητος (paráklētos). A combination of para ('beside/alongside') and kalein ('to call') ... often used of one called to help in a lawcourt. In the Jewish tradition the word was transcribed with Hebrew letters and used for angels, prophets, and the just as advocates before God's court.
When I was born of the Spirit, the Paraclete dwells in my human spirit which is in touch with my conscience, Romans 9:

1 I am speaking the truth in Christ—I am not lying; my conscience bears me witness in the Holy Spirit
The Paraclete strengthens your inner being, Ephesians 3:

16 according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith … 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Whenever I focus on the Paraclete, I always sense peace, John 14:

26 But the Helper [Paraclete], the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
Isaiah 26:

3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.
Can you sense the Paraclete/perfect peace in you?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you sense the Paraclete/perfect peace in you?
Having been raised up in the church, I always had a sense of God. But when I began to obey the voice of God to my conscience, and came to understand God wanted to indwell me fully, I came to experience the "Paraclete" in a much stronger way. If we quench Him, or decide to ignore His voice, the sense of His presence weakens, and He seems no longer to direct us in the area where we refuse to listen.