Let’s Do a “ Dangerous” Experiment— BB plays “ God”......

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He hates it when you sin , But HE Loves it when you come to Him in your “ time of need .” The “ Bolder” you are when you approach Him, the-better He likes it! He knows that “ Boldness” is in direct proportion in the TRUST you have in the Blood Of His Son.I ain’t got much, but I got that Trust ! What about you?
The huge mistake you're making is saying this means I can go out and purposely sin. Purposely sinning is rejecting trust in the blood of Christ. You have been deceived by a corrupt church that is teaching people that sinning is you showing that you are not working for your salvation but trusting the blood instead. What an incredibly stupid teaching! They do not know that not sinning is how you show that your trust is in the blood of Christ, and so they are leading multitudes of people, particularly young people, astray into sin, and making them think they are at peace with God.

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One time...!
(And so it begins...)
One time for Him.
As often as necessary for us.
full
(There is no point in starting this debate all over, yet again, is there?)

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One time! First off Jesus was not an old testament sacrifice Hebrews 10:1-18 explains quite well

But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God,

John 6:68 You have the words of eternal life. John 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

There is no Debate...Who saved you? how are you saved? Who keeps you saved all through The blood of Jesus, What can you possibly contribute When without Jesus we can do nothing! He gets all the glory

Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
And so this means we are free to sin?

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
(And so it begins...)
One time for Him.
As often as necessary for us.
full
(There is no point in starting this debate all over, yet again, is there?)

No scripture for that, you can't make up things and then run, or you lose by default

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No scripture for that, you can't make up things and then run, or you lose by default
I have plenty of Scripture; both sides do. The problem is that I have never seen closure on the matter.
(And I don't think we will until 1 John 3:2 takes place.)

Instead of reinventing the wheel, let's just look at previous threads on the matter and see if they haven't already made the same points that you or I intend to make...

Using this forum's search box, I got 9,100 hits for "OSAS."
Are you confident that you could make a new, irrefutable argument in that debate?
(I have no confidence that either of us could. It would be a colossal waste of time.)
Nobody Calls Me Chicken

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He Bore Our Sins in his Body At Calvary the price and consequence was huge, The point is God can deal With Sins, the issue is Faith, What is it in
The one thing faith in God won't cover is the rejection of faith in God. You reject faith in God when you willingly and purposely choose to sin. There is no sacrifice to pay for that sin.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is incredibly stupid. You should address the actual argument being leveled against you. Don't talk about the misguided doctrine of an equally corrupt church that no one is defending.

Willfully sinning is the sign of the unbeliever. They are the one's who are 'free' to indulge the flesh. They are the ones who are free from the control of righteousness.

Romans 6:20
20When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness.

This is incredibly stupid

Lol....I couldn’t agree more.....but my points is well made....lighten up a little, friend.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all know God has our weaknesses covered. That's not abusing the grace of God. That's what the grace of God is for. But you have been saying over and over that we have the freedom to willfully and purposely sin because grace has that covered too. That is the issue. That is the point you keep evading. You abuse the grace of God to your own eternal destruction when you refuse God's grace and sin willingly. The willful sinner has rejected the grace of God. He does not have the grace of God to cover his sinning. There is no sacrifice available for willfully refusing the grace of God.

There is NO SACRIFICE for those that reject Paul’s Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing.....UNBELIEVERS ...That guy who had sex with his own Mother, or perhaps his “Stepmother” if you want to play “ nicey” . You think that was NOT a “ Willful Sin?” Baloney. The man was a Saved member of Paul’s Church . A Believer.What was His Fate? He got Chastised by God....that Chastisement took the form of getting kicked out of the church.That must have really woken him up, because later we find out that he returned to that church, fully welcomed by the congregation......it could happen to ANYBODY .....even those that think they are “ above” willfull sin.....Why else would Paul give the WARNING that he did to ALL the church members ?He warned them not to get “ cocky” about this whole matter and look down on this man.why? Paul warned—— YOU MIGHT BE NEXT!

Heaven will be a Home for many a Willful Sinner! Moses was a murderer......David was a Murderer and an Adulterer.....I guess these guys Murdered accidentally .....and poor ol’ David ! Committing Adultery by accident? Nathan must have been wrong when he confronted David with his Willful sins.Right?

David and Moses are in Heaven for the same reason as anybody else is there—— they took God at His Word .....they Believed in His Promises.....that’s what Faith is....TRUSTING GOD .God took their Faith and just as did to Abraham —- He counted it for Righteousness...

Both Moses and David paid a VERY high price for their sins.....Moses no longer enjoyed the pleasures of being a Ruler and living a life if Luxury in the Palace Of Pharioh.David? My gosh.....just go to the Bible and read about his life after his Sins were discovered .....his life here on Earth was a complete Wreck.

If I have a Son that does wrong, I will punish him .....If my Son “ does wrong” on purpose , he will get punished more severely.....He is still my Son
Both Sinners and Willful Sinners will stand before their Maker someday.....if they are UNbelievers in Jesus , they will be damned for their UNBELIEF .....If they are Believers in Christ Jesus , they will be Saved on Account Of That and that only.....As those Believers march forward to enter those Pearly Gates, notice their “ behinds” —— Some will have lots of welts ....others not so many....it's our choice...God NEVER takes away anyone’s Freedom—— that includes the Freedom to be a Foolish Believer who made the mistake of Willfully Sinning .....he may be one of those poor , yet saved souls , that “shrinks back” from God because he is thoroughly ashamed of what he did with the Grace that Jesus Shed His Blood for.....
The man was SAVED by his Faith in Christ, yet ASHAMED because of his Behavior.....He” made it in” like “ a man escaping a burning house”.......what a way to enter Heaven....ashamed of yourself with welts all over your Rear-End .Others will be rejoicing after they hear “ Well Done, good and faithful servant !” What a Contrast!
Fortunately for that forgiven Lout...God will “wipe the tears” of His Children , the wise and the foolish Believers alike will enter.....the best and the worst had one thing in common—- they were ALL recipients of God’s Grace......The Grace That was available for the entire human race.....all anybody had to do was to “ cash in” on what Jesus had already accomplished at the Cross and most of the World freely chose to reject.....THAT is the “ Willful Sin” that gets one damned—— willfully rejecting the Gospel That the Bible says that “ you will be judged by”....... Paul’s Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 —- Given to Paul personally by Jesus.....God Bless......

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For those who read the Bible, King David acted God Like three times and the last time, the scriptures acknowledges that Satan had a hand in it.

The biggest sin in the world is people acting God like. The best place to see this is on our roads where Road rage is prevalent.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is NO SACRIFICE for those that reject Paul’s Gospel Of Grace
That's right. What you aren't getting is when you purposely sin you are rejecting God's grace and making a mockery of it and treating it with contempt.

Numbers 15:30-31
30“ ‘But anyone who sins defiantly, whether native-born or foreigner, blasphemes the Lord and must be cut off from the people of Israel. 31Because they have despised the Lord’s word and broken his commands, they must surely be cut off; their guilt remains on them.’ ”

Deuteronomy 29:19-20
when such a person hears the words of this oath,d he invokes a blessing on himself, saying, ‘I will have peace, even though I walk in the stubbornness of my own heart.’
This will bring disaster on the watered land as well as the dry. 20The LORD will never be willing to forgive him.

Hebrews 10:26, 28-29
26If we deliberately go on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins remains, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume all adversaries.
28Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting thought experiment TC but I would still not like to sin, even if I could get away with it
He's not saying 'even if you could'. He's saying you CAN get away with it. The verses I just posted above show that is an utter and complete lie. And this lie is being taught to youth groups all across the U.S. so that we have multitudes of young people just coming to the truth in our churches being destroyed and led astray into remaining in the lusts of the flesh thinking they are saved nonetheless because salvation is not by works.

Jude 1:4
4For certain men have crept in among you unnoticed—ungodly ones who were designated long ago for condemnation. They turn the grace of our God into a license for immorality, and they deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 2:18-19
18With lofty but empty words, they appeal to the sensual passions of the flesh and entice those who are just escaping from others who live in error. 19They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves to depravity. For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him.

This is what the teachers he follows are doing to the church. Here's what Jesus says about those who lead babes in Christ astray.....

Matthew 18:6
6But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting thought experiment TC but I would still not like to sin, even if I could get away with it
Maturing Christians who know and have seen God aren't interested in getting away with sin. The wages of sin pale in comparison to living righteously and being in fellowship with his Spirit. To them sin is not worth the cost. The danger is new believers, or potential believers who have yet to know the fellowship of the Spirit can be led astray by his message that willful sin is forgivable because salvation is not by works. The scriptures are very clear to the contrary. Unrepentant, willful sin is unforgivable. It's the sin of rejecting the grace of God. There is no sacrifice for that sin.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lucky Repentance” is THE Key to getting saved and staying saved———- NOT!

Actually, Lucky Repentance IS the key to getting saved (1 Corinthians 15:37, Matthew 13:30)

The central debate in this thread is
  • Is the first such Washing good enough? or
  • Do we keep getting Washed as often as we need to?

The Greek verb tense of "cleanseth us from all sin" in 1 John 1:7 gives the answer to that. It is better translated, "continually cleanseth us from all sin."

that James talked about.....as he stated so truthfully... “ We ALL STUMBLE” at times.

That comes from this scripture:

Jas 3:2, For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

which is qualified by:

Phl 1:10, That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;

There is no Debate...Who saved you? how are you saved? Who keeps you saved all through The blood of Jesus, What can you possibly contribute When without Jesus we can do nothing! He gets all the glory

We are truly justified by His precious blood (Romans 5:9).

I will say that we are also sanctified by it (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleansed by it (1 John 1:7).

Is it possible, that, when applied, it will do one thing (justify) without also doing the other (sanctify and cleanse)?

Using this forum's search box, I got 9,100 hits for "OSAS."
Are you confident that you could make a new, irrefutable argument in that debate?

I believe that a wild look at Jeremiah 32:38-40 (kjv), Psalms 19:9 (kjv) will reconcile the arguments between OSAS and the idea that you can lose your salvation if anyone will read them with understanding. They also answer a common argument that is leveled against eternal security when we are looking at John 10:27-30. That while no one can snatch us out of His hand, we can walk away ourselves. This is a valid argument concerning those who don't have the fear of the LORD. If anyone does have the fear of the LORD, the verses in question promise that you won't walk away. And the reconciliation is in that we are made eternally secure by heeding the verses that warn against doing what it might take to lose one's salvation; in the fear of the LORD.

Reactions: Sabertooth

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unrepentant, willful sin is unforgivable. It's the sin of rejecting the grace of God. There is no sacrifice for that sin.
I actually committed a willful sin after having walked in total freedom from it for a period of about a year, about 30 years ago.

God cut me down as a tree.

But fortunately for me, there was grace in the following passages:

Job 14:7, For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:8, Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground;
Job 14:9, Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.

and again,

Psa 23:3, He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

and again,

Psa 31:22, For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually committed a willful sin after having walked in total freedom from it for a period of about a year, about 30 years ago.

God cut me down as a tree.

But fortunately for me, there was grace in the following passages:

Job 14:7, For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:8, Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground;
Job 14:9, Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.

and again,

Psa 23:3, He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

and again,

Psa 31:22, For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.
Yes, you had to repent and turn back to God to be forgiven. There was no forgiveness available to you until you did that. Like the dude sleeping with his father's wife in 1 Corinthians 5. But the church tells us that we are forgiven even if we don't come back from willful sin. Just as long as we have faith, they say. Not knowing that walking away from God and purposely sinning is not having faith, that's unbelief.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it possible, that (the blood), when applied, it will do one thing (justify) without also doing the other (sanctify and cleanse)?
No....

Acts 26:18
so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.

Acts 15:9
He made no distinction between us and them, for He cleansed their hearts by faith.

Faith in the blood of Christ justifies, sanctifies, and cleanses. Though technically, sanctified and cleansed are the same thing. This happens the moment you get saved.

Reactions: justbyfaith