Let off some steam thread....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So tiring to see this over and over again.
I am prepared to leave it alone. But when a Catholic comes along and says that every criticism of the RCC is "lies", then we need to put a stop to that lie. Catholics should be prepared to honestly say that their church went off the rails long ago, and now with a dedicated Communist at the helm, things can only get worse.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't actually want to do the dishes! Somebody else do the dishes! If I cleaned the dishes as the only person since I was 19, I have done the dishes

Whatever 14 or 15 x 365 days is, excluding leap years
lol....my dear....doing dishes is as necessary as wiping your bottom.....a repetitive action that keeps all and sundry around you from being grossed out.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I would not call myself a "Protestant", there is no question that there were good and sound reasons for the Reformation. So Catholics must always take that into account. It is a historical fact. There were good and sound reasons for the Five Solas of the Reformers.

I would agree you would think those that served a hierachy of men lording it over the understanding of the non-verable that they would of learned the lesson from the 1st century reformation the standard for any refomation restoring the govenemt of God . Same principle sola scriptura . . in His name not the names many of the legion of fathers .

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ordered some white walking shoes to do my work in. I am a size 5 1/2. There was an error and they sent the wrong size - size 11. Now I'm not going to return them over $9.88. So now I'm stuck with these big shoes and I don't know what to do with them!

And I reported the error! So now it puts all selections at size 9 instead of 11. It isn't fixed.

Btw is anyone else's ring size the same as their shoe size? Is that normal?

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ordered some white walking shoes to do my work in. I am a size 5 1/2. There was an error and they sent the wrong size - size 11. Now I'm not going to return them over $9.88. So now I'm stuck with these big shoes and I don't know what to do with them!

And I reported the error! So now it puts all selections at size 9 instead of 11. It isn't fixed.

Hey I wear size 11!

I have no idea what my ring size is...never wear em...

I have an owl ring I found hanging around my neck...on a necklace I also found...

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anywho, I came here to let off some miscommunication steam...

I have no idea why a lady I met and kinda connected with goes from 0 to 60 faster than...a fast car...

And she can't seem to put down her psychologic/therapeutic lens...

This is what I left her with when she went off on me on an email rant:

"Well, one of these days, you'll meet a man who you'll be able to fly with...above both of your understandings...unto higher realms of being."

Im praying for a woman that will put aside a mere worldly outlook and join me in asking Abba for His Higher Understanding.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Maybe you have friends with big feet? That is a bummer. I can't remember my ring size. I know my feet are much bigger. Lol

Reactions: DuckieLady

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, so I don't know if I'm right...about most of my behavioral observations...

But I feel that I'm beginning to see why some people are easily offended. It's a control thing. They want to be owed something...

So, maybe they look for some lowly apologetic soul to feed off of. They can nitpick all of their faults and revel in their indignation until the offender is willing enough to make amends.

It becomes a drain...

Sorry (there I go) for the macabre post, but hey, this is the rant thread...right...

Taodeching

Apr 8, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it when the follies of the Catholic church are exposed, they are deemed to be "lies"? There is not benefit in lying about the RCC. So was Father Chiniquy lying when he told the truth about the RCC?

I am not a Catholic. What I here are nothing but lies spewed out without any intelligence behind them. The ones on here spreading the lies act all better than anyone because they aren't those evil Catholics, yet the lies spewed are five times more evil than a demon can come up with. How hard would it be for you people to be humble and ask question instead of hurl false accusations.

Reactions: April_Rose

Taodeching

Apr 8, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let off some steam thread....

pressurecookers-steam2.gif

:D :D :D

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you realize what you should have been doing all along, but just didn't "get" it. I feel like a snail in "getting" things sometimes.
Lol I relate to this.

My complaints today :

Getting up and feeling like the tin man. Joints are so stiff and it's uncomfortable. Now I have to work out. I think.

Five years ago I could eat whatever I wanted. Now I have three bagels in morning (don't judge, I'm really into salmon cream cheese) and then I'm nauseated all day.

Okay, so I don't know if I'm right...about most of my behavioral observations...

But I feel that I'm beginning to see why some people are easily offended. It's a control thing. They want to be owed something...

So, maybe they look for some lowly apologetic soul to feed off of. They can nitpick all of their faults and revel in their indignation until the offender is willing enough to make amends.

It becomes a drain...

Sorry (there I go) for the macabre post, but hey, this is the rant thread...right...
I agree with the control issue thing but I think it's also because most of the younger generations were not raised entirely by their parents.

They were raised by daycare workers and teachers, most of the time with a single parent or an absent parent working extra hard to make ends meet, and even if not by the end of the day, they were sent to their rooms to be raised by video games and TV.

There's going to be some feelings of insecurity from a lack of nurturing since childhood, and also probably not told "no" enough. And most of all they won't learn emotional intelligence and how to regulate their emotions while being brainwashed by everything else raising them.

Reactions: Tone and Mayflower

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HOW DARE SOMEBODY ACCUSE ME OF BEING SELFISH!!! :mad: (Don't worry I don't think it's anybody in this thread. I know it's a sin, but sometimes I can't help but want to B slap people!!! Lord Jesus forgive me.)

JazzyJeff15

May 12, 2021
Connecticut
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont eat fast food often but nothing increases my blood pressure more quickly then getting luke warm french fries. Not to mention they didnt give me any bbq sauce for my chicken nuggets. For crying out loud! Next time that happens i will...or ill do something! They wont get away with it again! :mad:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont eat fast food often but nothing increases my blood pressure more quickly then getting luke warm french fries. Not to mention they didnt give me any bbq sauce for my chicken nuggets. For crying out loud! Next time that happens i will...or ill do something! They wont get away with it again! :mad:

I'll be looking forward to the day when we can start going into restaurants again. It's easier to receive what you ordered that way.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's clear you've never been hungry!