Let your spirit teach and lead you.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Let your spirit teach and lead you.

(1 John 2:27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you, the anointing he gave teaches you everything; you are anointed with truth, not a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

One’s mind cannot know God.

One’s spirit united with the Holy Spirit should lead one to know God.

A Christian worships God in Spirit.

(John 10:1-5)"I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

Ask yourself who teaches you about God? Does God lead you or are you being led by some man’s interpretation of the written Word of God?

Remember the written Word is only some of the Words of God, and God told us that were to live on every Word of God. Only God know everything he said.

(Matthew 4:4) “Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’[sup]”[/sup]

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
One's responsibility is to God, to live according to the light they are given.

That does not mean that man lives on an island and that he should shun the wisdom and knowledge of others.
Quite the contrary, we are encouraged to consider and weigh the words of those who have gone before us and thereby obtain wisdom.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

That does not mean that man lives on an island and that he should shun the wisdom and knowledge of others.
Quite the contrary, we are encouraged to consider and weigh the words of those who have gone before us and thereby obtain wisdom.

The Holy Spirit told me to tell people that no matter who tells them anything about God they were to ask Jesus if it was right or wrong. God ahead and listen to whom you will, but do believe unless Jesus say it is right.

Jesus told me personally not to read about him. Meaning that I was not to read about what others wrote about him, not meaning the Written Word of God.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

Does that mean we shouldn't be reading what you say about Jesus?

That is right, no matter who tells you anything about God you are to ask Jesus if it is right or wrong, and I am no different than anyone else.

My job is just to give a word, and the main word is for people to let God teach him or her about God.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
That is right, no matter who tells you anything about God you are to ask Jesus if it is right or wrong, and I am no different than anyone else.

My job is just to give a word, and the main word is for people to let God teach him or her about God.
If we shouldn't be reading what you write about Jesus then why do you write it? One of us is confused.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

If we shouldn't be reading what you write about Jesus then why do you write it? One of us is confused.

I don’t care if you read what I write or not. If you do read what I write, it would be best if you would ask Jesus if it is right or not. That may be hard for you, because you don’t believe one can tell the difference between Jesus and Satan.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I don’t care if you read what I write or not. If you do read what I write, it would be best if you would ask Jesus if it is right or not. That may be hard for you, because you don’t believe one can tell the difference between Jesus and Satan.
So then, you don't read anything that others here say about Jesus because Jesus told you not to?

You wrote: "Jesus told me personally not to read about him. Meaning that I was not to read about what others wrote about him"

If you don't read others' comments then how do you know what to comment?

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

So then, you don't read anything that others here say about Jesus because Jesus told you not to?

You wrote: "Jesus told me personally not to read about him. Meaning that I was not to read about what others wrote about him"

If you don't read others' comments then how do you know what to comment?

I don’t believe you would accept or believe anything that I told you, so why do you ask?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I don’t believe you would accept or believe anything that I told you, so why do you ask?
It just seems that it would be quite difficult to impossible to obey what 'Jesus' told you and still read or post in this forum. Why wouldn't that be sin? Disobeying Jesus is sin, right?

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

It just seems that it would be quite difficult to impossible to obey what 'Jesus' told you and still read or post in this forum. Why wouldn't that be sin? Disobeying Jesus is sin, right?

What Jesus told me was not to read books about him. You see when he told me not to read about him I was asking what seminary he wanted me to attend. He told me NO! Don’t read about me. I will teach you about me. At the time he told me that there was no such thing as an Internet. He reminded me of what he said not long after he told me. I was in a Christian bookstore because my wife was looking for a book. I saw a book about the Holy Spirit, and started to reach for it when I started to throw up my breakfast. My hand jerked back very fast. I never again made that mistake.

Now I explained it to you, do you believe me? Well it does not matter, because I did not do it for you anyway. I did it for the other people who may read this post.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is also not the Oprah Winfrey show where we say things that are politically correct and people stand up and applaud!

At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. - 2 Timothy 4:16

This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.- 2 Timothy 1:15

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
What Jesus told me was not to read books about him. You see when he told me not to read about him I was asking what seminary he wanted me to attend. He told me NO! Don’t read about me. I will teach you about me. At the time he told me that there was no such thing as an Internet. He reminded me of what he said not long after he told me. I was in a Christian bookstore because my wife was looking for a book. I saw a book about the Holy Spirit, and started to reach for it when I started to throw up my breakfast. My hand jerked back very fast. I never again made that mistake.

Now I explained it to you, do you believe me? Well it does not matter, because I did not do it for you anyway. I did it for the other people who may read this post.

I think thankful 1 is talking about him self as to what God is giving him direction as reading books ect can lead one astray of the real God message to him self. and he is just relating that message to us.
As i my self also take every word with a grain of salt, then seek God to find the answer but that may take time. the main problem is the worldly interpretations opposed to spiritual.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Love your first post Thankful!!!!

:) Miss Hepburn

Thank you, it is not often that I post any thing that people can agree with. This fact used to surprise me. Now it only makes me sad.

The more Jesus has reviled to me the less people agree with me. I know that without a personal relationship with Jesus there is very little chance of one coming to the truth.

When Jesus called me into his ministry, I believed that my understanding of the way to God was the only right way. It did not take Jesus long to show me just how wrong I was. And here it is thirty some years later and I am still learning.