Let your women be silent?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Agree.
I usually refer to "believers, and or believing believers" , big difference , of which there are not as many.
well, not sure the distinction there, but you prolly mean basically the same thing, yeh
my meaning was that i no longer hold any "beliefs" about the ancient past or the distant future

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let your women be silent?
OP ^

1 Cor 14
[34] Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
[35] And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Temples were attended by men.
One at a time, learned (able to read) leaders in the Temple would take turns Reading Scripture...all the rest of the men would be Silent and Listen.
(4,000 year tradition).

4,000 years later Enter Jesus.
Jesus chooses 12 men to follow Him, learn from Him.

They listened, they Observed and Occasionaly "privately" asked Jesus Questions.

Temple Destroyed.
Church established.
Gathering of people ...men AND Women to Learn AND Hear.

Men with 4,000 years history of being Quiet and Listening.

Women, newcomers to A Church Assembly...taught to BE QUIET during the teaching and Preaching.
Reserve their comments and Questions "Privately", with their husbands.

I find this quite in line with historical teaching.
If a group...men, women, children are assembled to hear the Word of God...all, regardless of gender or age should be Quiet in ORDER to Hear.

Glory to God,
Taken