Let's discuss..cessation after death?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, for believers it will be "age-during"...wonder how long is that?
For unbelievers it would be "age-during" let me guess, final utter annihilation?
J.
I used that translation just to show a difference in the numerous translations.
Every person's age is different. Every judgment is proportioned to the an individual's sins. Eternal Life we see now during this age. The spiritual realm is outside of time so that is a given. We have it now, then crossover at the resurrection or death whichever comes first.
The idea is that if Hades is part of this physical world, it will end with this massive fervent heat that destroys everything _ the Lake of Fire_ when that takes place.

Reactions: Brakelite

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I definitely opened up a can of worms re this topic Ronald.
I have it from all sides, orthodox, unorthodox...
Blessings
J.
It's all good, J. :cool: We gotta give each other room to make conscientious, informed, uninhibited decisions pertaining to faith and morals. Don't you think that's the way God wants it? I think you do. :)

Reactions: marks and Brakelite

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ronald, you have made several confusing statements below.
I used that translation just to show a difference in the numerous translations.
Agreed.
Every person's age is different. Every judgment is proportioned to the an individual's sins.
If this is a reference to the Great White Throne then that is correct.
Eternal Life we see now during this age.
Eternal life -- by definition -- transcends "this age". It is for eternity.
The spiritual realm is outside of time so that is a given.
That there will be time no more is true. But the spiritual realm and the material realm will be interconnected since there will be a New Heavens and a New Earth.
We have it now, then crossover at the resurrection or death whichever comes first.
If this statement confirms that souls and spirits are imperishable, then that is true
The idea is that if Hades is part of this physical world, it will end with this massive fervent heat that destroys everything _ the Lake of Fire_ when that takes place.
There is a fair bit of confusion here.
1. Hades is "in the heart of the earth" which means within the core of the earth -- deep down.
2. The Lake of Fire is in "outer darkness" -- outside time and space.
3. The supernatural fire which destroys the surface of the earth and all things therein has no connection to either of these region.
4. When the Bible says that Death and Hades (personified) are cast into the Lake of Fire, that needs to be properly interpreted. It simply means that death and Hades are terminated. Death will never again exist on earth therefore there will never again be a need for Hades -- the abode of unsaved souls. At the Great White Throne, all those who were in Hades will be resurrected and judged, then cast into the Lake of Fire in order to experience "the Second Death". This is eternal torment in the Lake of Fire.

There are several naysayers on this forum who believe in the false doctrine of Annihilationism. But if it were true, there would be no need for the Gospel. All sinners would be simply extinguished -- cease to exist.

Reactions: marks