Let's discuss..cessation after death?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
İ am the real witness , believe that

we are living with the devil in turkey

Hmm..how is it that you are the "real witness?"
Yup, the world is in utter chaos wouldn't you say?
Anyway, a warm welcome to the forum brother, real "intense personal debates" going on here.
J.

Sword wtns

Apr 26, 2022
İstanbul
Faith
Christian
Country
Turkey
Beacuse i got a letter from God

my cat wrote to me letter with using my computer.

please ask questions, dont hesitate that i am the witness

i am there for a reason

Sword wtns

Apr 26, 2022
İstanbul
Faith
Christian
Country
Turkey
İf you dont beileve me read revelation 2

it talks about me

the two edged sword

means the two witness

i am Mert Kılıç

if you translate my name into english

it means brave sword

also devil is in my country

so look at revelation 2

you will see this

Sword wtns

Apr 26, 2022
İstanbul
Faith
Christian
Country
Turkey
No look at my name

my name is Mert Kılıç

if you translate in english

it means brave sword

then look at revelation 2

about two edged sword

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol! Well said.
It is appointed once for man to die and after that?
J.

And after that, there are some other verses to consider also. Like the second death that is spoken of, for instance. There are, considering each mans final destiny, some very disturbing verses and parables. They seem to portray the second death as being not the worst fate. For instance, the one that says it will be worse for some men on “that day” than it will be for sodom. What did you think when you first read that? My thought, (given what I had heard men teach), was… are there better and worse levels of hell?? The men who tried to break the door down to do despicable things to angels do not have the worst outcome…??
I could give many more likewise disturbing verses and parables. They disturb what we hold as being settled truth. They show us that there are things we haven’t yet seen or understood. They turn systematic theology on its head.

Reactions: Lambano

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
They turn systematic theology on its head.
I actually agree with you.

Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
Rom 11:34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
Rom 11:35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
Rom 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

There seems to be a radical redefinition of entire doctrines in the West and I am astonished to see there are over 45,000 denominations/churches in the world.
We are definitely in the "last days"
Blessings
J.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I could give many more likewise disturbing verses and parables. They disturb what we hold as being settled truth. They show us that there are things we haven’t yet seen or understood. They turn systematic theology on its head.

I am weary of people who "knows" all the answers especially when it is the infallible scriptures.
J.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol!
Examine the nature of Hell? Ol' Bible Highlighter send me a link with over 500 pages to disprove the "eternal torment" and soften the tone to "utter destruction" Ronald, which make me think...wonder how many 7th Day Adventists are there on this forum?
Time for a "reformation" back to holiness I would say.
I have heard that our salvation is a futuristic event and not a present reality..so we have JW's here as well.
Anyway's, don't want to get too far ahead of myself...
Blessings
Johann.
I am neither a JW, nor SDA, it's just the concept of eternal hell has never made sense to me, so much so that it inspired me to write a book on the subject; but then only devoted two chapters to it. That was enough. It has a nice ring to it: "Hell ... If I Know". Don't bother - it is out of print, so this isn't a plug. It did not do well for several reasons, one of which is the title - too scary ... along with the cover as well. A woman would not pick it up. What was I thinking? Oh well, it detoured a few people and I loved the research and enjoy writing
I had a year off during the 2008-09 recession, so I dove in 8-10 hours/ day for ten months. Needless to say, I am familiar with the nature of hell, having examined it in every which way. It is a good study. It is important- it is what we are saved from.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It is a good study. It is important- it is what we are saved from.

...and live a life pleasing unto our Lord, denying self, take up our cross and keep on following the Master.
I find these words encouraging: Let everyone that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
The whole salvation of Christ in our stead is not just saved from hell Robert.
Which begs the question..how many are sealed with the Holy Spirit?
Is it biblical to be frivolous and lighthearted since Christ had nowhere to lay His weary head?
Can we live, in our old age, with one foot in the world and the other in Christ?
The Jews have a saying...there is a time to laugh, and it is not now..
Blessings to you and family
Johann.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually agree with you.

Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
Rom 11:34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
Rom 11:35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
Rom 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

There seems to be a radical redefinition of entire doctrines in the West and I am astonished to see there are over 45,000 denominations/churches in the world.
We are definitely in the "last days"
Blessings
J.

I don’t know…is eternal torment one of those radical redefinitions? I don’t know how long it’s been around. But I know that “to whoever more is given more will be required” has become to whoever more is given, nothing will be required, not even unshakable trust. Let’s just make them all real comfortable and focused on the outside of their cup so nobody can become a threat. Keep them from the kingdom inside them so nobody is taken into holiness where the dead are raised and mouths of lions are shut. Keep them focused on anything but the race to trust more and more. Let them become fat and complacent. Let them repeat, we be the seed of Abraham! We be the seed of the Holy Spirit and the best outcome is reserved for us!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am weary of people who "knows" all the answers especially when it is the infallible scriptures.
J.

Yes, I am often weary too. Gods word is infallible but men’s proclamations of what Gods word means are not. They are too busy about protecting their elevated saved position and claiming all the pleasant words for themselves and claiming all the difficult and disturbing words for others. Israel did the same thing. They marveled over Him when He spoke gracious words and a moment later He spoke words unpleasant and disturbing to them and they tried to push Him off a cliff. Sweet in the mouth, turning bitter when it hits the inward parts.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I don’t know…is eternal torment one of those radical redefinitions? I don’t know how long it’s been around. But I know that “to whoever more is given more will be required” has become to whoever more is given, nothing will be required, not even unshakable trust. Let’s just make them all real comfortable and focused on the outside of their cup so nobody can become a threat. Keep them from the kingdom inside them so nobody is taken into holiness where the dead are raised and mouths of lions are shut. Keep them focused on anything but the race to trust more and more. Let them become fat and complacent. Let them repeat, we be the seed of Abraham! We be the seed of the Holy Spirit and the best outcome is reserved for us!

You sound "angry/bitter" and that is understandable.
I cannot read your thoughts since I have not yet attained absolute perfection in this life as some boldly claim for themselves

Shalom chesed
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
They are too busy about protecting their elevated saved position and claiming all the pleasant words for themselves and claiming all the difficult and disturbing words for others.
@stunnedbygrace
I notice you are a serious one.
Some men/women are hiding behind worldly oratory and some frivolous and lighthearted.
You have a problem with men behind the pulpit?
What is it that you are not saying?
J.