Lets discuss the gifts one at a time.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(thesuperjag;51095)
Neither of us can show you with that attitude, The only person can show you is God himself...
Your right, God has shown me, so I will rest in that and leave you to your own thinking.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;51106)
Again you see what you want setfree New unheard of yes these were a small group of Jews from Jerusalem area. I repeat there was no world wide church a small group It is written they went to Asia, africa ect how many of these Jews that never traveled more than a few days from home ever heard these languages they would run across? They were new unheard of uncommon to the area Some were most likely even tribal. Speaking unknown babbel/languages/prayers no one could understand would have been a useless gift to start the church it would have served no purpose.And please do not give me the edify self argument as thats exactly what they were warned not to do. To Go into a place and preach the good news of Christ in a language the listener could not understand the only purpose that would serve is to make you feel good for giving a great sermon.But it would do nothing for the listeners. Who was the one the message was to be given to they wouldnt even understand Amen.
I still do not see scriptures. I agree they went to preach and they had to learn if they did not already know other languages.I do not agree that tongues(languages) was for the purpose of preaching...these scriptures I have shown.As for as edifying...Jude tells you to edify yourself..there is nothing wrong in building your faith up. Well I have gone over...over...and over with scriptures. Like I said before it is not there. It has nothing to do with the attitude...it is standing on the truth. NO ONE will budge my belief without scriptures.Take the scriptures I have noted with the examples of tongues in Acts or Cor. and show me the purpose of preaching...it is not there.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(setfree;51112)
(thesuperjag;51095)
Neither of us can show you with that attitude, The only person can show you is God himself...
Your right, God has shown me, so I will rest in that and leave you to your own thinking.Let me remind you that neither of me, Kriss, Denver, and some others doesn't want a man-made Jesus.II Corinthians 11:4 - For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(thesuperjag;51114)
Let me remind you that neither of me, Kriss, Denver, and some others doesn't want a man-made Jesus.II Corinthians 11:4 - For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
You make statements that you do not back up with scriptures. You do not understand the purpose of tongues so you justify it by your own thinking.If you are accusing me of man-made Jesus, your judging poorly. You do not know my heart!

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
Before this thread is locked...I have noticed that every thread that is locked...it doubles in viewing.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(setfree;51115)
You make statements that you do not back up with scriptures. You do not understand the purpose of tongues so you justify it by your own thinking.If you are accusing me of man-made Jesus, your judging poorly. You do not know my heart!
Agreed.The early church had tongues. You just choose to follow a story about tongues appearing in the 1900's, but it doesn't have merit to back up it's claim. I know for a fact that there are people in healing ministries (I'm not talking about Tod Bentley or Beny Hinn) who are great men of God. One of my favorite preachers is in the Middle East proclaiming God's word in places where many American ministers dare not to go.Jag, your insult of setfree, a fellow Christian who has done no wrong, is unChrist like. Setfree is not preaching another Jesus. It's not a different spirit.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(setfree;51116)
Before this thread is locked...I have noticed that every thread that is locked...it doubles in viewing.
I also notice that threads concerning tongues are locked. Whilst threads about an old earth are not. It's kind of unfair.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(Wakka;51117)
Agreed.The early church had tongues. You just choose to follow a story about tongues appearing in the 1900's, but it doesn't have merit to back up it's claim. I know for a fact that there are people in healing ministries (I'm not talking about Tod Bentley or Beny Hinn) who are great men of God. One of my favorite preachers is in the Middle East proclaiming God's word in places where many American ministers dare not to go.Jag, your insult of setfree, a fellow Christian who has done no wrong, is unChrist like. Setfree is not preaching another Jesus. It's not a different spirit.
Thank you!

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
There are four different diversities of tongues:1. Tongues for Personal Edification ( 1 Cor. 14:4)This is the supernatural language the Holy Spirit prays through us that we can use to pray hour after hour as we desire. 2. Tongues for Interpretation (1 Cor. 14:5)This form is tongues is normally presented in a public assembly, accompanied by interpretation by the same or another person.3. Tongues of Deep Intercessional Groanings (Rom. 8:26)This diversification of tongues empowers the believers to stand in the gap for their own lives, their families, their church, their city, their nation, etc. God may also call them to intercede for someone that is totally unknown to them.4. Tongues for The Unbeliever (1 Cor. 14:22)This is the phenomenon that took place in the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:4-11). It occurs when the Holy Spirit transcends the intellect and all language barriers by empowering a believer to preach, teach, or testify about Christ in some language of men of which the believer himself has no knowledge.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(setfree;51115)
(thesuperjag;51114)
Let me remind you that neither of me, Kriss, Denver, and some others doesn't want a man-made Jesus.II Corinthians 11:4 - For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
You make statements that you do not back up with scriptures. You do not understand the purpose of tongues so you justify it by your own thinking.If you are accusing me of man-made Jesus, your judging poorly. You do not know my heart!I John 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.Do I know your heart setfree? No I do not. But however I do attack the words of an evil spirit.Didn't Christ say to preach the gospel? (Mark 16:15) Apparently thank God there is no such thing as an unknown tongue existed at all...all it is a foreign language. (English, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Greek etc)

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(thesuperjag;51121)
I John 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.Do I know your heart setfree? No I do not. But however I do attack the words of an evil spirit.Didn't Christ say to preach the gospel? (Mark 16:15) Apparently thank God there is no such thing as an unknown tongue existed at all...all it is a foreign language. (English, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Greek etc)
There is. The same gift that edifies us (through prayer in tongues) also preaches to people of foreign languages.To understand what I mean, here is a post by our beloved member Jodycour.
One time I had a very interesting experience happen too me.I attended a UPC church for 2 years and God directed me to start attending a Word Church. About a year later I grew my beard back, and one day I just had a desire in my heart to go to worship at my old UPC church. I really felt the hand of God in this but before I went in, I asked God to not let me Prophesy in tongues, because I knew that these people would not recieve it because they thought that I had back slidden because I left their church. Plus I had a beard and that's pretty unexceptable there.Things went really great until the worship got real quiet. I tried really hard with every thing in me not to prophecy in tongues but I just felt it so strongly that I couldn't hold it back! Sure enough no one interpretted it, not even the pastor.When I left I was so frustrated. I told God I asked you not to let me do that?There was no explaination from Him.2weeks later, I was visiting with a friend. A young pentecostal girl stopped by to visit and as my friend introduced me to her, the young girl said," I know you, you where that guy that prophecied in our church a while back". I said ,"yes" She said," That day my father was visiting our church, he had been backslidden and had not been to church for years. He travels over seas alot with his job. When you prophecied in tongues that morning He asked if you spoke malaysian? we said probably not!He said, " that man is speaking directly to me in the most perfect malaysian language I've ever heard.He gave his life back to the Lord that day!God is so awesome!
[url="http://www.christianityboard.com/showpost.php?p=37162&postcount=132]http://www.christianityboard.com/showpost....2&postcount=132[/url]You see, all Jody was doing was praying in tongues like he normally does. But the Holy Spirit interceded the language barriers and talked to that man without Jody's knowledge.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Wakka;51122)
(thesuperjag;)
I John 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.Do I know your heart setfree? No I do not. But however I do attack the words of an evil spirit.Didn't Christ say to preach the gospel? (Mark 16:15) Apparently thank God there is no such thing as an unknown tongue existed at all...all it is a foreign language. (English, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Greek etc)
There is. The same gift that edifies us (through prayer in tongues) also preaches to people of foreign languages.To understand what I mean, here is a post by our beloved member Jodycour.(Jodycour;37162)
One time I had a very interesting experience happen too me.I attended a UPC church for 2 years and God directed me to start attending a Word Church. About a year later I grew my beard back, and one day I just had a desire in my heart to go to worship at my old UPC church. I really felt the hand of God in this but before I went in, I asked God to not let me Prophesy in tongues, because I knew that these people would not recieve it because they thought that I had back slidden because I left their church. Plus I had a beard and that's pretty unexceptable there.Things went really great until the worship got real quiet. I tried really hard with every thing in me not to prophecy in tongues but I just felt it so strongly that I couldn't hold it back! Sure enough no one interpretted it, not even the pastor.When I left I was so frustrated. I told God I asked you not to let me do that?There was no explaination from Him.2weeks later, I was visiting with a friend. A young pentecostal girl stopped by to visit and as my friend introduced me to her, the young girl said," I know you, you where that guy that prophecied in our church a while back". I said ,"yes" She said," That day my father was visiting our church, he had been backslidden and had not been to church for years. He travels over seas alot with his job. When you prophecied in tongues that morning He asked if you spoke malaysian? we said probably not!He said, " that man is speaking directly to me in the most perfect malaysian language I've ever heard.He gave his life back to the Lord that day!God is so awesome!
[url="http://www.christianityboard.com/showpost.php?p=37162&postcount=132]http://www.christianityboard.com/showpost....2&postcount=132[/url]You see, all Jody was doing was praying in tongues like he normally does. But the Holy Spirit interceded the language barriers and talked to that man without Jody's knowledge.I'm not interested in speaking in tongue that edifies oneself and not the Church. I rather speak in tongues where it edifies the Church and not onself. And my tongue is English where everybody in this forum can understand.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(thesuperjag;51124)
I'm not interested in speaking in tongue that edifies oneself and not the Church. I rather speak in tongues where it edifies the Church and not onself. And my tongue is English where everybody in this forum can understand.
You can't have one without the others. The gift comes in a bundle. I classified it as the 4 different diversities of tongues. I added scriptural references mind you.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Wakka;51125)
(thesuperjag;51124)
I'm not interested in speaking in tongue that edifies oneself and not the Church. I rather speak in tongues where it edifies the Church and not onself. And my tongue is English where everybody in this forum can understand.
You can't have one without the others. The gift comes in a bundle. I classified it as the 4 different diversities of tongues. I added scriptural references mind you.A bundle? Now this is getting ridiculous. If God grant me Japanese, and I spoke the Word, you won't understand, cause it will only edify myself, and it is clear that the Word is against edifying oneself, because it leaves the believers empty-handed...Once again, I rather edify the Church not because it feels right, but it is right in the eyes of God. So I rather speak English.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(thesuperjag;51126)
A bundle? Now this is getting ridiculous. If God grant me Japanese, and I spoke the Word, you won't understand, cause it will only edify myself, and it is clear that the Word is against edifying oneself, because it leaves the believers empty-handed...Once again, I rather edify the Church not because it feels right, but it is right in the eyes of God. So I rather speak English.
Nothing is getting ridiculous, it's just my way of explaining it. You cannot have the gift of tongues without the 4 diversities of the spirit as I mentioned.1 Corinthians 14:2For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
thesuperjag,Maybe since you believe that I am so off base with my doctrine...You take the manifestations... one by one explain them-with scriptures-with examples in the Bible of the use of the manifestations. Without contradictions! You seem to accuse others of being of the devil so freely. Please show me what God has shown you.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(Wakka;51120)
There are four different diversities of tongues:1. Tongues for Personal Edification ( 1 Cor. 14:4)This is the supernatural language the Holy Spirit prays through us that we can use to pray hour after hour as we desire. 2. Tongues for Interpretation (1 Cor. 14:5)This form is tongues is normally presented in a public assembly, accompanied by interpretation by the same or another person.3. Tongues of Deep Intercessional Groanings (Rom. 8:26)This diversification of tongues empowers the believers to stand in the gap for their own lives, their families, their church, their city, their nation, etc. God may also call them to intercede for someone that is totally unknown to them.4. Tongues for The Unbeliever (1 Cor. 14:22)This is the phenomenon that took place in the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:4-11). It occurs when the Holy Spirit transcends the intellect and all language barriers by empowering a believer to preach, teach, or testify about Christ in some language of men of which the believer himself has no knowledge.
You mentioned in #4 that the manifestation of tongues were used to preach...was this through Peter? Because the ones speaking on tongues were magnifying God..speaking of the wonderful works of God. I do not see them preaching in tongues. I do not see them speaking to the crowd they just heard what they were saying in their praising. Right?By the way..I am reading that book and I can hardly stop to go to bed...Thanks for the recomending it.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(setfree;51133)
You mentioned in #4 that the manifestation of tongues were used to preach...was this through Peter? Because the ones speaking on tongues were magnifying God..speaking of the wonderful works of God. I do not see them preaching in tongues. I do not see them speaking to the crowd they just heard what they were saying in their praising. Right?By the way..I am reading that book and I can hardly stop to go to bed...Thanks for the recomending it.
Just like Jodycour, the Holy Spirit preached to that Malaysian man through Jody without his knowledge. He was just praying, as were the the people in Acts 2.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(Wakka;51134)
Just like Jodycour, the Holy Spirit preached to that Malaysian man through Jody without his knowledge. He was just praying, as were the the people in Acts 2.
So Jody and the ones in Acts were praying/praising and it ministered to the ones/one hearing. Right?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(setfree;51129)
thesuperjag,Maybe since you believe that I am so off base with my doctrine...You take the manifestations... one by one explain them-with scriptures-with examples in the Bible of the use of the manifestations. Without contradictions! You seem to accuse others of being of the devil so freely. Please show me what God has shown you.
Never had I yet call you a devil, because I don't know your heart so don't add words unto my mouth...besides I showed you a few times...I think few is enough...so I'm going to let it stand of it. All I'm going to say you are following men.

Status
Not open for further replies.