Let's try making a happy thread that stays happy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, LOL, when I was a youngster my sister had horses. I was still quite small so she put me on a shetland pony which is a tiny horse. I was so happy to ride the horses like she did but was a little nervous. Immediately I tried to get the horse to walk, it began to run. And then it veered straight into the woods and under a low branch that was just low enough to catch me in the mid section. Needless to say I was knocked off.

I didn't get on another horse until I was around 25 years old and it was like one of those clydesdale horses, but my sister held onto the reigns and walked us around in a circle. I had fun and that was about how much control I wanted to have on that beast of a horse. I'm happy just to watch other people ride them. :watching and waiting: My sister has had troubles with them also being the owner, one time she was kicked in the chest by one and barely survived. Thankfully she's doing well. But wow! Just wow!
She is very blessed to have survived.

Years ago I went to a riding stable with friends. Shortly into the ride one of the hands decided to feed the stabled horses.

Big mistake. My friends horses were fine. But apparently, my horse was hungry and smelled the grain.

He took off at high speed and I'm gripping on for dear life. He headed for a low tree branch and I laid back so my head was bumping off his backside. I saw that branch go over us right where my head would have been.

The owner caught the horse as he ran into the open coral. I wanted off do horsie could eat, but he admonished the horse with a snack and sent us back out.
:( I apologized to the horse for the owners behavior and comforted them. All was well after that but we never returned.

I still feel sorry for his horses. He's mean.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She is very blessed to have survived.

Years ago I went to a riding stable with friends. Shortly into the ride one of the hands decided to feed the stabled horses.

Big mistake. My friends horses were fine. But apparently, my horse was hungry and smelled the grain.

He took off at high speed and I'm gripping on for dear life. He headed for a low tree branch and I laid back so my head was bumping off his backside. I saw that branch go over us right where my head would have been.

The owner caught the horse as he ran into the open coral. I wanted off do horsie could eat, but he admonished the horse with a snack and sent us back out.
:( I apologized to the horse for the owners behavior and comforted them. All was well after that but we never returned.

I still feel sorry for his horses. He's mean.
I don't feel alone now. Glad you did OK!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happy .
Happy is the one who KEEPETH JESUS SAYINGS .
i notice in the world a lot of folks are always looking for happiness , peace , joy , things they think will fulllfill
them and give them true peace and happiness .
I knew a man once who always had peace at his job . It didnt seem to matter what was going on around him or to him .
A few folks noticed .
And asked that man why on earth are you always so happy and peaceful .
To which the man replied i am a christain .
To which a few o them said well so are we .
TO which the man then said HAPPY IS HE WHO DOETH JESUS SAYINGS .
BINGO . the LORD IS OUR HOPE and our JOY and rejoices the souls of His own .
HAPPY are ye when even you are persecuted for his name sake . Our happiness cometh not of the world
nor do our peace . IT COMES FROM GOD . Yet many have not this peace , this happines ,this true abundant life .
SO i ask us , WHY DO WE SUPPOSE That is . exactly . hearers and DOERS of the word . He who hears and DOES my sayings .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, LOL, when I was a youngster my sister had horses. I was still quite small so she put me on a shetland pony which is a tiny horse. I was so happy to ride the horses like she did but was a little nervous. Immediately I tried to get the horse to walk, it began to run. And then it veered straight into the woods and under a low branch that was just low enough to catch me in the mid section. Needless to say I was knocked off.

I didn't get on another horse until I was around 25 years old and it was like one of those clydesdale horses, but my sister held onto the reigns and walked us around in a circle. I had fun and that was about how much control I wanted to have on that beast of a horse. I'm happy just to watch other people ride them. :watching and waiting: My sister has had troubles with them also being the owner, one time she was kicked in the chest by one and barely survived. Thankfully she's doing well. But wow! Just wow!
Oh I bet there are some pictures floating around out there! Lol, would love to see a video of that experience! :jest::Hanging:

Reactions: dev553344

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happy .
Happy is the one who KEEPETH JESUS SAYINGS .
i notice in the world a lot of folks are always looking for happiness , peace , joy , things they think will fulllfill
them and give them true peace and happiness .
I knew a man once who always had peace at his job . It didnt seem to matter what was going on around him or to him .
A few folks noticed .
And asked that man why on earth are you always so happy and peaceful .
To which the man replied i am a christain .
To which a few o them said well so are we .
TO which the man then said HAPPY IS HE WHO DOETH JESUS SAYINGS .
BINGO . the LORD IS OUR HOPE and our JOY and rejoices the souls of His own .
HAPPY are ye when even you are persecuted for his name sake . Our happiness cometh not of the world
nor do our peace . IT COMES FROM GOD . Yet many have not this peace , this happines ,this true abundant life .
SO i ask us , WHY DO WE SUPPOSE That is . exactly . hearers and DOERS of the word . He who hears and DOES my sayings .
It's hard these day's to see the church's move so far from the simple Gospel. As you surely know, there countless charlatans making gazillions off of faithful and sincere (BUT-Sincerely wrong)- Christians, and have for many decades. Why would these false teachers want to give up their golden goose! They become crazed with "love of money". :(

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I bet there are some pictures floating around out there! Lol, would love to see a video of that experience! :jest::Hanging:
Yeah it was pretty much like an old western I would think. Let me see if I can find some pics, oh yeah, here's what I thought it would turn out like:

cat-pony.gif

And here's how it went that fateful day:

fall-off-a-horse-failarmy.gif

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's hard these day's to see the church's move so far from the simple Gospel. As you surely know, there countless charlatans making gazillions off of faithful and sincere (BUT-Sincerely wrong)- Christians, and have for many decades. Why would these false teachers want to give up their golden goose! They become crazed with "love of money". :(
I shudder in fear for them . For if they repent not , man they will not like what they will hear on the DAY of the LORD .
It is very sad dear sister . They too are all headed under the false love unity stuff too . Copeland and scores of them
are in kahoots with the one world religoin . Big time too . but marvel not . IT is written
that all NOT in the lambs book of life will worship the beast . I hope and pray these folks repent asap fast .
Till they do , however , i must warn against them and their doctrine .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah it was pretty much like an old western I would think. Let me see if I can find some pics, oh yeah, here's what I thought it would turn out like:

cat-pony.gif
Puss and Boots has moved up in the world. Chkl:
And here's how it went that fateful day:

fall-off-a-horse-failarmy.gif
Ouch! I hope they're OK.