Lets's talk about what the Holy Spirit feels like and means to us!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
farouk, that's all true and there's plenty of stuff about
that on other threads BUT this thread is about people's experiences of feeling the Holy Spirit.
Wish I could give you more than one like.

Reactions: Pearl

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our bedrock is NOT our faith, my friend. Knowledge and faith are less than Love:

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing." I Cor 13:2

As for our Rock...

"The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower." Psalm 18:2

And our Rock is that proper immovable foundation:

"Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock." Matt 7:24-25

For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ." I Cor 3:12

But then once that Foundation is secured beneath us, then we are back to the Holy Spirit feelings as per the OP question:

"And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." Acts 2:4

Back in March of 1976 it was when I really opened up my heart to God. As I began for the first time to speak in an unknown language I felt a marvelous warmth flow through my entire body top of my heard moving slowly all the way down to my feet. Every single part of my physical body felt the Holy Ghost pouring into me. Give God the glory!

That's exactly what I felt too. Still feel sometimes. Even at odd and random moments sometimes. Whenever I spoke about it, I was counseled not to trust it as being from God. But that wasn't going to happen! I might not have known what God was saying with it, or what He meant by it, but I most certainly knew it was God. :)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did go wrong concerning it. I began to think it was God speaking to me, and based on when it happened and what was going on at the moment it would happen, I began to think God was telling me something and became convinced I knew of something yet future that would occur. It never occurred. But I couldn't find anyone to tell me what it was or what it meant, so...I tried to figure it out on my own.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is Wisdom....but what a person experiences in the presence of the Holy Spirit cannot be mistook as human emotion. It is a euphoria that many non-believers try to attain through drugs, alcohol or other means that excites the flesh and mind. This feeling is very difficult to express in words....it permeates throughout your whole body and spirit...your heart is so full of Him that you just want to shout in ways you can't seem to describe.
I love that!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did go wrong concerning it. I began to think it was God speaking to me, and based on when it happened and what was going on at the moment it would happen, I began to think God was telling me something and became convinced I knew of something yet future that would occur. It never occurred. But I couldn't find anyone to tell me what it was or what it meant, so...I tried to figure it out on my own.

And I don't mean, by the above, that anyone was right to tell me not to trust it because it was just a feeling. They weren't right. I'm not playing both sides of an argument. I am just sharing what happened with me when I couldn't find anyone to explain it to me or even anyone who had experienced it, but only heard it could be Satan, so don't trust it as from God. So yes, I agree with the poster who said we should openly talk about these things.

Reactions: Helen

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sigh, the Holy Spirit. How glorious.
But, this won't be only praise so I placed it here.

The magic, the wonder, the feeling, the experiences of this Indwelling Spirit...oh my!
My experiences have been ... well, hard to put into words at times.
Sweeping, like a breeze that washes through me - through every part of me...
There is no mistaking the Holy Spirit...it is not an angel...it's God.

I'll talk more about individual surprise visits later. :) Cuz wow...takes my breath away.
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, working in us as the above. :)

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is Wisdom....but what a person experiences in the presence of the Holy Spirit cannot be mistook as human emotion. It is a euphoria that many non-believers try to attain through drugs, alcohol or other means that excites the flesh and mind. This feeling is very difficult to express in words....it permeates throughout your whole body and spirit...your heart is so full of Him that you just want to shout in ways you can't seem to describe.
Correct! I needed to bring the would 'emotion' into this...
but you did it for me, thanks!! :)
Euphoria, exhalted inspiration, being infused with insight and clarity can not be mistaken as emotion. But, they are feelings.
How did you know people do all those things to get this feeling...kidding.:D
Yes, it is sometimes an intoxication, similar to first falling in love...making you want to shout from the roof tops.
Sorry, guys, I have nothing to 'be careful' about when the Holy Spirit visits. Goofiest thing I've ever heard!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 15:13
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Something to remember . . . no, the Holy Spirit is much more than having good feelings, just the same . . .

If we look at the full-bodied meaning of . . . fill you with all joy and peace . . . how do you suppose that feels?

Much love!