Letter From My Sister In Prison

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
My sister was strung out on meth for a few years. It's a long story, but, the basics,

During that time I was a hardcore alcoholic. The Lord kept talking to me relentlessly. Needless to say I was delivered from it. It concerned me more to get sober after I found out my sister was strung out on meth.
I wanted to help her, but what could I say to her? I was drunk.

My sister showed up at my house with her kids, some strange dude driving a pickup with all their stuff in the back. So, I made her get rid of the dude. I let the kids stay at the house and set my sister up in a hotel room for a few days. I always hated tweekers and didn't trust them, especially when my family is sleeping. (Tweekers don't sleep and tend to go on weird "adventures" no telling what can happen).

Anyway,, I wouldn't let my sisters kids go back with her. I contacted every family member I could to get her help and see if anyone could keep the kids. There were many but the way it would be done kidknapping charges would be brought up. So, we kept them and contacted DHS. For some idiot reason they had to go back to their home town since their school already filed a report with DHS. So they went to my Aunt and Uncles up there. Eventually DHS took them and placed them in foster homes.

Now all 3 kids are with their natural fathers. (each one has a different father) I'm not sure how they're doing I don't know where 2 of them are and 1 is in El Paso Texas.

My sister is in prison on a 5 year note. She's due to be out in about a year and a half if everything goes well.

Right before this all started happening I got a flash in my mind. "Somethings going to happen and it's going to be hard. But it will turn out for the good." (not exact words, I can't put what I "heard" into words) About a week or two all this started happening.

I got a letter from my sister while she was in Jail awaiting her transfer to a prison. She was in for about a year an a half I guess. I heard she had some charges and was locked up. The letter she wrote me spoke of being delivered from meth and expressing sorrow for being a "bad mom" and repentence and what not. She used words that only a saved person would use. Today I got a card from her, and I truely am humbled. I don't ever speak to people about Jesus the way she did in this. I can preach or teach or debate and argue, but I never realy truely glorify the Lord so openly and blatantly. Here's what she wrote.

Dear Marty, Lori and Children.

Sending you warm thoughts, joi, peace, love, happiness, and hope your Holidays are filled with all your favorite things.
You know God is a changer. He changes darkness into light, bondage into liberty, conflict into peace, ashes into beauty, heaviness into praise.
He has changed my death to life, and now I can celebrate this holiday seasn, the true meaning of Christmas... Jesus.....
May you and yours know His changing power and love this Chrismas and New Year.

Marty, I've found someone that has changed my life. His Name is Jesus. I have come to believe that He is the way to heaven,
the real truth, and the source of eternal life.
Wow! can you imagine giving your sun for the whole world? That's awesome Love!

Well anyway, I just wanted to send best wishes, and lots of love with big hugs and soft kisses. Wish I was there.

I love you all. Plese send me pictures.

So, seems to me, this is great! She's clean, and praising the Lord and seems full of joy even though she's locked up.
I was going to see her but we had a nice little blizzard. So, I've only got the 2 letters to guage with. I'm hopefull,
and I know my little sis, and she would never never never, use words like that. She's a horrible liar, but she's always been
loving and loyal to me. Growing up all we had was eachother so we're very close.

So, ending this ultra personal post. I hope others that know someone who's addicted or strung out on drugs or alcohol can have mercy, and have faith that the Lord does deliver and the Lord does hear your prayers.
I hope that if anyone reads this and is strung out on drugs or alcohol knows, that the Lord hears your prayers too! And He aches to deliver you as much as you ache to not be addicted!

Blessings to all who read this.

Reactions: kestrel

gumby

May 29, 2009
Wow you had me crying as i was reading this, it sounds like christ is working through that prison and using her to spread the good news. God bless you and your sister, good refrences to keep in mind are Matthew 6:22 and Matthew 6:23.

God bless :)

Reactions: kestrel

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just got to this post, Whiteknuckle.

What can I say.
Yup, God draws us nearer to Him.
How wonderful. When she gets out -you'll be a teacher/helper for her.
She just started and has so much more to learn about God's Kingdom and
what awaits her. How exciting.
:) Miss Hepburn

Getting the kids away from a meth addict was the right thing to
do, have no doubt about that one. It will be so important for her to communicate
that it was mom's problem -and had nothing
to do with them and that she loves them and is proud of them.

Also, it is 5:50 am where I am - not 12:30 pm or something.
I don't get the time markers on this new format.

Rank Stranger

Jun 1, 2008
Many of us probably say "God Bless" routinely and without a lot of thought behind the words. But your story, and that of your sister, do give meaning to this term. god has blessed you both so wonderfully. Praise His holy Name.

May God continue to bless you both, and all of us as well,

Rank Stranger