Life and Death? Abortion too?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where did u find Mary's age? coz its not in scripture.
Not from Scripture but from extrabiblical texts.
The Protoevangelium of James is where we get some of the information about Mary's childhood - as well as the names of her mother, Anna.

These are by no means inspired texts - but they are an historical insight.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No lower criteria is mentioned. The only criteria is mentioned is that they be virgins, and they were not to be shared with their sons. They were just dad's toy. So any virgin from birth on up was fair game.
Just because the text is not ultra-specific doesn't mean that you should add your own spin.

I could do the same thing with just about ANY historical text - including American history.
That's what revisionists do . . .

Last edited:

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not from Scripture but from extrabiblical texts.
The Protoevangelium of James is where we get some of the information about Mary's childhood - as well as the names of her mother, Anna.

These are by no means inspired texts - but they are an historical insight.

so you think theres lie's about catholism, wat lie's den?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you think theres lie's about catholism, wat lie's den?
I don't believe I accused you of a lying- but yes. MANY people tell lies about the Catholic Church.
Here's a short list of some of the most common ones:

- Catholics worship statues.
- Catholics worship Mary.
- The Catholic Church was started by Constantine in the 4th century.
- The Catholic Church is so rich that it actually runs the world governments.
- Repetitious prayer like the Rosary is condemned in Scripture.
- Catholics were prevented from reading the Bible During the Middle Ages.

And many more . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
BreadOfLife says "Child molestation isn't mentioned. Is THAT not a sin?"

Again, like your failed addition to Scripture concerning abortion, God doesn't have a problem with interaction with little girls.

According to Scripture. God often ordered Israel to attack another nation, completely wiping out thousands of men, women and little children. which obviously included the termination of a pregnancy. God didn't have a problem with soldiers capturing and keeping little girls for their own gratification, all the little girls they captured as sex slaves, a reward for the soldier's services.

"Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the little girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves." Numbers 31

Do you want to debate the morality of keeping little girls as sex slaves? How young is too young?

God doesn't seem have a problem with it!
liked you down to here, and while i have met plenty of "girls" ready for marriage at even 12, imo, i wonder if maybe what you bless will be blessed, cursr will be cursed or something should not get a hearing here?

Is it not a sin to compel a child to sex against their will? A pre-pubescent one? So i see do unto others being violated by...too far a swing in that direction, also, although i agree we are ridiculous prudes on the matter of sex generally speaking right now, practically Puritans lol imo
No lower criteria is mentioned. The only criteria is mentioned is that they be virgins, and they were not to be shared with their sons. They were just dad's toy. So any virgin from birth on up was fair game.
i mean pls bro. Some moderation should be indicated? Would you want some guy messing with your little daughter bro?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
where did u find Mary's age? coz its not in scripture.
they do still get married over there a lot younger than we do, and while there are surely abuses, imo for the most part it is handled pretty judiciously, the girl's feelings on the matter are usually even taken into account, etc

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeh, "knowing God" is also ruination

yes, definitely. Yet ...unlike men’s ruination ...or spoiling.
God’s “Ruination” is good, as in “counted it all dung” in light of Christ.

Would that i were too young to know, lol

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.
...however in malice be you children? Mark 10:13-15 And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. [14] But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. [15] Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nether said u did. and ok who's ur mediator between God and man?
Christ is our only MEDIATOR – because only His blood – His perfect sacrifice brings peace between us and the Father.
HOWEVER – this does not mean that we don’t have other intercessors.

We are ALL called to be intercessors for one another (James 5:16). Rev. 5:8 sho0ws those in Heaven interceding on our behalf before God – and Rev. 8:4-5 shows the Angels doing the same thing.

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christ is our only MEDIATOR – because only His blood – His perfect sacrifice brings peace between us and the Father.
HOWEVER – this does not mean that we don’t have other intercessors.

We are ALL called to be intercessors for one another (James 5:16). Rev. 5:8 sho0ws those in Heaven interceding on our behalf before God – and Rev. 8:4-5 shows the Angels doing the same thing.

hang on now u just said he's the "ONLY MEDIATOR" where in scripture does it say theres other intercessors/??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it doesn't say there are other mediators.
Intercessor and Mediator are SYNONYMS.
A synonym is a word that is spelled differently from another word but means essentially the SAME things.

in·ter·ces·sor
/ˈin(t)ərˌsesər/

noun
1. a person who intervenes on behalf of another, especially by prayer.
"they rejected the notion that an intercessor was needed to appeal to God"

Synonyms:
mediator
, moderator, go-between, negotiator, middleman, intermediary

As was stated earlier - Christ is our only MEDIATOR – because only His blood – His perfect sacrifice brings peace between us and the Father.
HOWEVER - ALL intercessors are mediators in prayer.

Here is another example:
We are not required to make Temple sacrifices because Christ's sacrifice is what saves us.
HOWEVER - every time, we go out of our way to help a person in need - as we are commanded to do by Christ (Matt. 25:31-46) - we SACRIFICE of ourselves.

Does that mean that HIS sacrifice is no longer needed or valid?
Absolutely NOT.
We
join our sacrifices with HIS perfect sacrifice.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Intercessor and Mediator are SYNONYMS.
A synonym is a word that is spelled differently from another word but means essentially the SAME things.

in·ter·ces·sor
/ˈin(t)ərˌsesər/

noun
1. a person who intervenes on behalf of another, especially by prayer.
"they rejected the notion that an intercessor was needed to appeal to God"

Synonyms:
mediator
, moderator, go-between, negotiator, middleman, intermediary

As was stated earlier - Christ is our only MEDIATOR – because only His blood – His perfect sacrifice brings peace between us and the Father.
HOWEVER - ALL intercessors are mediators in prayer.

Here is another example:
We are not required to make Temple sacrifices because Christ's sacrifice is what saves us.
HOWEVER - every time, we go out of our way to help a person in need - as we are commanded to do by Christ (Matt. 25:31-46) - we SACRIFICE of ourselves.

Does that mean that HIS sacrifice is no longer needed or valid?
Absolutely NOT.
We
join our sacrifices with HIS perfect sacrifice.

While the two terms are similar, they are not exact synonyms. The difference I see is that in a court of law, a mediator is the judge, while the intercessor is more like the lawyer presenting to the judge on behalf of his client.

If I may suggest the meaning from Romanism. where the pope, the pontiff, by the literal meaning of the word pontiff, is the bridge, between God and man.