Life and Death? Abortion too?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While the two terms are similar, they are not exact synonyms. The difference I see is that in a court of law, a mediator is the judge, while the intercessor is more like the lawyer presenting to the judge on behalf of his client.

If I may suggest the meaning from Romanism. where the pope, the pontiff, by the literal meaning of the word pontiff, is the bridge, between God and man.
Not sure what you mean by "Romanism"
I'm a Catholic - not a "Romanist", whatever that is.

That being said - I don't make up the rules of language - I simply abide by them. As I stated earlier - Merriam-Webster's Thesaurus lists "Mediator" and "Intercessor" as SYNONYMS:
Synonyms of mediator
broker, buffer, conciliator, go-between, honest broker, interceder, intercessor, intermediary, intermediate, interposer, middleman, peacemaker

I trust that the linguists over at Merriam-Websters are FAR more qualified than you or I to judge whether these words are synonyms.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not sure what you mean by "Romanism"
I'm a Catholic - not a "Romanist", whatever that is.

I am sure that you know very well what I meant! I am a catholic, as a member of the universal church; but I am not a Catholic nor a Roman Catholic, a counterfeit religion synchronistic with paganism.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sure that you know very well what I meant! I am a catholic, as a member of the universal church; but I am not a Catholic nor a Roman Catholic, a counterfeit religion synchronistic with paganism.
No - I don't know what you meant.

As I stated - I am a Catholic. "Roman" is the Rite to which I belong.
NOT all Catholics are Roman Catholics as I explained to you. Yours is an ignorant view.

As to the Catholic Church being a "counterfeit" religion - that is an equally-ignorant view by somebody who obviously doesn't know his Bible OR Church history.

As to the actual TOPIC we were discussing - Mediator vs Intercessor - have you finally accepted that they are synonyms or are you still having problems with Merriam-Webster?