Like A poll>> Will there be Another Election For Pez In America?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The relationship God had with Israel was a very special one. In those days, he worked through its kings and priests.
what a coincidence, i am a priest
Today, he works through his body of believers.
hmm. seems to me most believers today are anxious for Jesus to come take His body back lol

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what a coincidence, i am a priest

Then you will be held to a higher standard by God than me because of the title you claim to have. I'm sure you are well aware of that.

hmm. seems to me most believers today are anxious for Jesus to come take His body back lol

And you'll notice that most of those people believe in the pre-tribulation rapture. Like I've always said, they will be waiting for a long time. They should instead be focusing more on studying the word of God to show themselves approved, so that they can be of some use to the Lord.

Uh huh, and what does that have to do with any government being "ministers of God"?

yes, and i even agree with you, but who wants to hear that lol, "you don't understand the spiritual" i mean yikes

default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
Yeah, I don't understand the spiritual things of God because I don't believe that Donald Trump or Kim Jong Un are "ministers of God", its a joke if I've ever seen one.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Last edited:

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Search: study the word

no return, hmm

i guess Nebu Chad Nezzar can answer that; ministers may not mean what we think it means iow

(2 Timothy 2:13-15) "If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. {14} Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. {15} Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

Everything I say is me rightly dividing the word of God. The Lord cannot put you in remembrance of his word if you haven't studied it to begin with.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Everything I say is me rightly dividing the word of God.
so you say, but imo you cannot study Word at all; not that i don't agree that one should study the Book (Law), yes.
so i'm not sure how understanding all that might affect your post here, disregarding that you might be deceiving yourself in some other regard, etc, as "everything" likely indicates

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, yet you cannot quote "study the Word" from the Book, hmm

Does it have to say "study the word"? Are we really going to play this silly semantics game now? The sentiment on opening the book and reading it for understanding is still there. It doesn't have to say "study the word" anymore than the book has to have the word "homosexual" for it to be clearly speaking against it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Does it have to say "study the word"? Are we really going to play this silly semantics game now? The sentiment on opening the book and reading it for understanding is still there.
oh, i totally agree, ya--only calling It Word obscures Word, see, and may lead someone to think they have found Word, or have a hard copy of Word in their hands, when they do not. And so then Word is not even sought
It doesn't have to say "study the word" anymore than the book has to have the word "homosexual" for it to be clearly speaking against it.
yet the words "homosexual" are in the Book, huh? And i tell you that you are not defining it according to Scripture either, wadr.
So it is as clear to you as Word is, i guess, not meaning to be rude here sorry

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh, i totally agree, ya--only calling It Word obscures Word, see, and may lead someone to think they have found Word, or have a hard copy of Word in their hands, when they do not. And so then Word is not even sought

m'kay

yet the words "homosexual" are in the Book, huh?

Its not, it does an even better job by spelling it out for you what homosexual behavior really is and calls it an abomination to God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
m'kay

Its not, it does an even better job by spelling it out for you what homosexual behavior really is and calls it an abomination to God.
all i can tell you is that about the time Word clarifies for you, the other will become apparent also. There is nothing wrong with your current understanding as far as i'm concerned, ok. But you might pay special attn to any epiphanies you have especially while the wind is blowing

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The sentiment on opening the book and reading it for understanding is still there.
after sleeping on this and searching i have to disagree with even this assumption. We do have two refs for "study the Book," Bible Search: study the book, both OT,
with a third, forged one, John 7:52 They replied, "Are you from Galilee, too? Look into it, and you will find that a prophet does not come out of Galilee.", NT,
and here is the list of "study" NT, Bible Search: study NT.

So, even looking at the first two, given in the Disp of Law, give clues imo that steer us away from that...sentiment, "This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth; but you shall meditate therein day and night, that you may observe to do..." , and a bit less directly @ Isaiah 34:16, as that v is a summary of the several vv preceding it, and if you read the verse it does not even make practical sense, you cannot look in the scroll and verify that none of them will be without a mate, right; you have to observe that IRL.

And of course if you looked hard enough, you could find a bird without a mate anyway, literally speaking, and this passage is really about...something else, imo.

This is not meant to be a discount of studying the Book either, i don't mean that ok, but it is kind of like the Word thing; if you believe that studying can only be accomplished by reading the Book, you will discount the "observe" part that occurs IRL--or at least i did, for years--and your theology is in danger of being completely disconnected from IRL in any practical way, again from experience.

And i suggest that this is how...that we have already lived through this stage, up until a couple hundred years ago even if you were an atheist you had to be in the closet about it, everyone had to be religious, it was virtually the law, or at least carried the force of law.

Study to show yourself approved, BAM. But if you limit "study" to the Book and you might be an excellent professor (of the literal, anyway), while simultaneously being sanctimonious and overbearing...a couple of members come to mind here...and practically speaking, completely useless to God.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Similarly, faith comes by hearing; and it is hearing that comes by the Word. Iow not more reading comprehension.
Now, i don't know any other way to get "hearing" than first reading the spiritual principles in God's Book myself, and assuming that is Word until the Book shows you otherwise, but that is because that is the path i took i guess.
But a point is that the Word must be "heard," and one can accept a recital of a passage in the Book as long as that suits them, it is a great way to get started, but surely at some point--pretty early in the game, i would say?--a studier will be witness to some scenario in which they find themselves living out a scene from the Book, all of the actors present, and reciting their "lines" more or less unawares? Or even just hearing in passing, whether literally spoken by someone else, or even with the spiritual ear, more of a discerning kind of thing, you know what i mean

John 5:39
You study the Scriptures in detail because you think you have the source of
eternal life in them...

iow you do not have the source of eternal life in the Book, ok, cue mjr, etc, and not only that, not only is the Book not the Source, but the Book (which is, most emphatically, not the Word/Source) even obscures the Source if one lets it, or even if one is just a noob who is not really seeking so much as curious, or coming out of fear, etc.

this is why i never proselytize--at least american style--any more.
i do evangelize, but not with my mouth. except here.
IRL ppl never hear religious talk coming from me, at least until they start asking questions, and i won't lie, i get asked questions now all the time.
i post this for the frustrated proselytizers, who seek a more fulfilling way.

Last edited: