Likes and Dislikes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Share your interests here! Ill share first.

Likes: Scrapbooking, Bible, Homemaking, Fishing, Modest Fashion, Head Covering, Thrift Stores, Historical period romances and dramas, Anime, "Grandmacore" and "Cottagecore" aestetics, minimalism....

I like traditional marriage roles and femininity. I like my husband and unborn baby girl. My husband is nerdy and loves debate and I love it. I like the random super sweet grapes that come in the bunch and frozen blueberries.

I like to make people feel special and interesting. I like long conversations and some controversy at times.

Dislikes: Sharing on Facebook, the way I used to just accept any kind of behavior as friendship, powdered donuts, cheese puffs, doritos, ad hominem arguments.

I dislike how it sounds when its quiet and just one person is eating. I have trichtophobia, so anything with too many small holes makes my skin crawl.

I dislike stereotypes that people try to box me in. I gave up trying to fit in those boxes a long time ago. I dislike when people assume I should think a certain way because of gender or race.

I dislike clutter and having a bunch of extra stuff in my home.

I dislike certain bible translations and cheesy devotionals. I dislike the modern obsession with "grace" to the point where obedience is seen as a lack of faith.

I dislike wearing too much makeup. I hate abortion. Im extremely pro life. I dislike when women share too many things online that would make them vulnerable to predators and when people overshare in general. I don't even like when people have too many bumper stickers on the back of their car.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Share your interests here! Ill share first.

Likes: Scrapbooking, Bible, Homemaking, Fishing, Modest Fashion, Head Covering, Thrift Stores, Historical period romances and dramas, Anime, "Grandmacore" and "Cottagecore" aestetics, minimalism....

I like traditional marriage roles and femininity. I like my husband and unborn baby girl. My husband is nerdy and loves debate and I love it. I like the random super sweet grapes that come in the bunch and frozen blueberries.

I like to make people feel special and interesting. I like long conversations and some controversy at times.

Dislikes: Sharing on Facebook, the way I used to just accept any kind of behavior as friendship, powdered donuts, cheese puffs, doritos, ad hominem arguments.

I dislike how it sounds when its quiet and just one person is eating. I have trichophobia, so anything with too many small holes makes my skin crawl.

I dislike stereotypes that people try to box me in. I gave up trying to fit in those boxes a long time ago. I dislike when people assume I should think a certain way because of gender or race.

I dislike clutter and having a bunch of extra stuff in my home.

I dislike certain bible translations and cheesy devotionals. I dislike the modern obsession with "grace" to the point where obedience is seen as a lack of faith.

I dislike wearing too much makeup. I hate abortion. Im extremely pro life. I dislike when women share too many things online that would make them vulnerable to predators and when people overshare in general. I don't even like when people have too many bumper stickers on the back of their car.
Very precise and full up! There are a ton of things I once loved to do but haven't been physically able for lot's of years! So the things I USED to love...Walking on a beach, kayaking, volleyball 2 wheel motorcycles, lolo...need the three wheeler now. Horse riding, bicycle riding, cooking (I can still do that yet I don't do it much for myself) Like yourself LOVE thrift stores! Deep conversations one on one and mature disagreements. Oh yes, MINIMALISM!!! Yet, I clutter wherever I am, kitchen table, couch...

Things I dislike: Driving 20 mph below the speed limit because someone in front of you is in the passing lane texting or talking on a cell phone, grr! Getting lost while driving. Toll booths that were only supposed to be there for a year or so and many decades later...still there! And, our roads are lousy-taxpayers money lining the pockets of ALL politicians. Unfair and unkind treatment of anyone. Injustice of any kind. "Christians" that are no different than the unsaved. Wasting food.

BTW Wynona, does your trichophobia cause you to be afraid of hair? loose hairs?

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW Wynona, does your trichophobia cause you to be afraid of hair? loose hairs?
I may have spelled the term wrong. Loose hair doesn't bother me. But any surface with lots of little holes, especially if it looks skin-like? My face will crawl. I would give an example but even those make me uncomfortable.

One time I watched a video to test whether I had it. I think it made it worse. I couldn't get through the video.

• Sad
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may have spelled the term wrong. Loose hair doesn't bother me. But any surface with lots of little holes, especially if it looks skin-like? My face will crawl. I would give an example but even those make me uncomfortable.

One time I watched a video to test whether I had it. I think it made it worse. I couldn't get through the video.
I once worked with a woman who would make the funniest face if she not only touched cotton balls but, even just seeing them...and we worked in a lab, lol! She hated them and ran from the room many times when certain procedures required cotton balls!

• Haha
Reactions: Lambano and Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I once worked with a woman who would make the funniest face if she not only touched cotton balls but, even just seeing them...and we worked in a lab, lol! She hated them and ran from the room many times when certain procedures required cotton balls!
Cotton balls, wow!! Lol.

I did get it wrong before, Sis. It's trypophobia. Thank you, google images, for the trauma added on to looking up the term.

Reactions: Lambano

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cotton balls, wow!! Lol.

I did get it wrong before, Sis. It's trypophobia. Thank you, google images, for the trauma added on to looking up the term.
oops....sry! Lord, calm your daughter please?

• Haha
Reactions: Lambano