Limited Atonement VS Universal Atonement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Sure! Why not? Don't forget your idols, Dave. You can dance in front of them!
“Then David exclaimed to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord!” Nathan replied to David, “Yes, and the Lord has forgiven your sin. You are not going to die.” (2 Samuel 12:13)
Your issue is with God, not me. I just quoted his word, that's all.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Then David exclaimed to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord!” Nathan replied to David, “Yes, and the Lord has forgiven your sin. You are not going to die.” (2 Samuel 12:13)

What? I don't have an issue with God, and I'm not going to argue with you. I'm just setting up your party for you and your friends. Do as Martin Luther says. Don't just sin, sin BOLDLY!!!

LET'S PARTY!!!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have already explained.

In your own explanation you have placed the Holy Spirit as primary in salvation and saving faith of men, when that is not the way Jesus himself said it. What He said, is that these things originate with the Father, that He first draws a person, then Christ, then Christ sends the Holy Spirit. This is the proper order of things as explained by Jesus.

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
D

Dave L

I have already explained.

In your own explanation you have placed the Holy Spirit as primary in salvation and saving faith of men, when that is not the way Jesus himself said it. What He said, is that these things originate with the Father, that He first draws a person, then Christ, then Christ sends the Holy Spirit. This is the proper order of things as explained by Jesus.
It still remains, biblical faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. Do you think the Holy Spirit is a fruit of human faith?

Reactions: LC627

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
well the Lord did that every single time i think, even in the dispensation of Law. Or what i mean is find me a single Quote where the Lord did not forgive. As to the making it go away part, David paid a very high price, and reaped what he sowed there imo. i can even go so far as to say the kingdom was never the same i guess. But i see you prolly meant that differently now, you believe forgiveness is conditional, and God needed Jesus to die for David's sins, etc--whoa, ty, how could D be forgiven if Christ had yet to die for David's sin? hmm
ah, that's not His Word either Dave, and wadr you have got the wrong impression there @ 2Sam too imo;
or a better way to say it might be more rungs on that ladder, ok, nothing wrong with what you believe right now imo
Do you think Jesus did not pay for David's sins?
i know for a fact Jesus did not pay for them Dave, we even have Scripture to the effect, and It is not ambiguous at all

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It still remains, biblical faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. Do you think the Holy Spirit is a fruit of human faith?
No. But, it would appear that you are simply recounting things backwards, as if the cart drives the oxen. Jesus gave us the proper order, which is: Father, Son, and [then] Holy Spirit.

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@H. Richard, @bbyrd009, @Taken and @Dave L

I've rented out the strip club for you. You know the one down in Hell's Town! Have fun!

If I don't make it, start without me.

Sound like you have appointed yourself with authority to dictate the guest list for Hell.

I have an other appointment...but thanks for revealing your plans.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: LC627
D

Dave L

No. But, it would appear that you are simply recounting things backwards, as if the cart drives the oxen. Jesus gave us the proper order, which is: Father, Son, and [then] Holy Spirit.
How can the fruit produce the tree? How can faith, a fruit, produce the Holy Spirit?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sound like you have appointed yourself with authority to dictate the guest list for Hell.

I have an other appointment...but thanks for revealing your plans.

Glory to God,
Taken

It won't be up to you if you keep sinning.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It won't be up to you if you keep sinning.

Good grief, how is it the simplest of communication escapes your understanding?

I sinned. I was forgiven. I am covered. I am Converted. I sin NO MORE.

THERE IS NO "IF" to consider, for me.
I sin NO MORE...

Is it beyond your comprehension to understand what NO MORE means?

Sheesh!! :eek:

Glory to God,
Taken

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good grief, how is it the simplest of communication escapes your understanding?

I sinned. I was forgiven. I am covered. I am Converted. I sin NO MORE.

THERE IS NO "IF" to consider, for me.
I sin NO MORE...

Is it beyond your comprehension to understand what NO MORE means?

Sheesh!! :eek:

Glory to God,
Taken

What you have said is that when you sin they are not sins; therefore, you sin no more. What were they if they are not sins? Just clarifying for your conversation with bbyrd009.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
is that when you sin
you have plainly said that you sin no more? in an unquotable way, btw
ok, could you rectify this with the v that we are all aware of that suggests differently? ty
This should be fun...
my guess is that we have miscommunicated here somewhere, and are now all agreeing with each other at the top of our lungs lol

ida swore i was just asking you if you were amenable to admitting that we are all swimming in sin, in the last day or two?
maybe it was @Naomi25, i confuse you two for some reason

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you have plainly said that you sin no more? in an unquotable way, btw
ok, could you rectify this with the v that we are all aware of that suggests differently? ty

my guess is that we have miscommunicated here somewhere, and are now all agreeing with each other at the top of our lungs lol

ida swore i was just asking you if you were amenable to admitting that we are all swimming in sin, in the last day or two?
maybe it was @Naomi25, i confuse you two for some reason

Seems there was a mixup, between you and me. No problem.

Glory to God,
Taken