Limited Atonement VS Universal Atonement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
This is complete nonsense.
Why don't you address the Ethiopian Eunuch, Einstein?

In Acts 8, the Eunuch as well as everyone else who has been water baptized is showing their outward faith by what already occurred inward. Many hear the good news but do not receive it.

Acts 8:35 Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that produces godly righteousness, not to save yourself with your religion
Produces righteousness??
I thouth you guys said we were "covered" by CHRIST'S righteousness.

Make up your mind . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we can't separate ourselves because of the love of God already in us. The devil loves words..
No - Paul left US off that list for a reason.

What the devil loves is your misinterpretation . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Acts 8, the Eunuch as well as everyone else who has been water baptized is showing their outward faith by what already occurred inward. Many hear the good news but do not receive it.

Acts 8:35 Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.
And NOWHERE does it even imply that the Eunuch was saved PRIOR to being baptized.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I beg to differ. See Mark 1:4..
JOHN’S Baptism.
It doesn’t say that about the Baptism of CHRIST in the Gospels.

We read about that LATER on from the Apostles.
My response...
“OTHER” creatures – NOT ourselves.
Paul does NOT list the ONE person who can separate you from the love of God - which is YOU.

There are other verses that explicitly state this (1 Cor. 15:1-2, Heb. 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-28, 2 Pet. 2:20-22, Rev. 22:19).[/QUOTE]

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
of course not. This is why He changes you. If your salvation is anything but the work of the spirit in you from start to finish, what you have is works righteousness, not salvation.
God does not change us through His Son to something better than what Adam and Eve before they disobeyed. Rather He gives us the opportunity to succeed where they failed. The choice will remain ours until we have finished our walk along the highway of holiness. Yes, the good work to be done is by and through the Holy Spirit, but like Adam and Eve we do not have to obey God; we do not have to follow the lead of the Holy Spirit. However, without the Holy Spirit we cannot make it to the end with God.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And NOWHERE does it even imply that the Eunuch was saved PRIOR to being baptized.
If you stay with the KJV, then it becomes very clear that the Ethiopian was saved before he was baptized. Please note the sequence of events:

ACTS 8
THE GOSPEL IS PREACHED
35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

THERE IS A RESPONSE TO THE GOSPEL
36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

THE CONDITION FOR SALVATION IS STATED (see Acts 16:31)
37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest...

FAITH IN CHRIST IS AFFIRMED
...And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

BAPTISM BY IMMERSION IS ADMINISTERED
38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

THERE IS REJOICING IN HIS SALVATION
39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

NOTE: Verse 37 has been omitted by modern Bible versions gratuitously. Another reason to stick to the KJV. But the Catholic Douay-Rheims Bible follows the KJV.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And Philip said: If thou believest with all thy heart, thou mayest. And he answering, said: I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
No - Paul left US off that list for a reason.

Hmm.. looks like we're a part of that list, not for the religious though, for the elect only.

Rom 8:35, 38-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you stay with the KJV, then it becomes very clear that the Ethiopian was saved before he was baptized. Please note the sequence of events:

ACTS 8
THE GOSPEL IS PREACHED
35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

THERE IS A RESPONSE TO THE GOSPEL
36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

THE CONDITION FOR SALVATION IS STATED (see Acts 16:31)
37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest...

FAITH IN CHRIST IS AFFIRMED
...And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

BAPTISM BY IMMERSION IS ADMINISTERED
38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

THERE IS REJOICING IN HIS SALVATION
39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

NOTE: Verse 37 has been omitted by modern Bible versions gratuitously. Another reason to stick to the KJV. But the Catholic Douay-Rheims Bible follows the KJV.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And Philip said: If thou believest with all thy heart, thou mayest. And he answering, said: I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Aknowledging that Jesus is the Son of God DOESN'T save you.
Even the DEMONS believe this and tremble (James 2:19).

IF that's ALL you do - then you are no better off than the demons.
The Eunuch was OBEDIENT - and THAT'S where his faith began.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the religious yes, H2O is a requirement because they haven't believed in the death, burial and resurrection.
No - H2O is a requirement because JESUS says so (John 3:5).

YOU can remain disobedient - but as for me and MY household - WE will serve the Lord (Josh. 24:15).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm.. looks like we're a part of that list, not for the religious though, for the elect only.

Rom 8:35, 38-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
No - we ourselves are NOT one the list, Einstein . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BOL, His righteousness is everlasting, we don't just accept it all in one shot glass lol
Soooooo, you are NOW saying that you re NOT "covered" in the righteousness of Christ - but that YOU yourself produce righteousness??

Nov 2, 2016
USA
No - H2O is a requirement because JESUS says so (John 3:5).

YOU can remain disobedient - but as for me and MY household - WE will serve the Lord (Josh. 24:15).

Jhn 3:5 water is in reference to being born from mothers womb, and spirit is Holy Spirit baptism. Disobedience in a believer is a result of chastisement ,not loss of salvation

Nov 2, 2016
USA
No - we ourselves are NOT one the list, Einstein . .

Yes we are, :rolleyes: