Living Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@"ByGrace"
John can you read posts #86 - #92 between bbyrd009 and myself and tell me what I am not seeing or getting? Add in also #104 and the one of his I am replying to..thanks, hope you have time..
For the life of my I can't see what Mark is saying? ( or trying to say :( )
You know us both well, so you know how we think... Ha!

I will give it a shot, but I haven't read much, if any, of the rest of this thread.

The it is SIN. ( but it reads like you 'count every little separate sin' )
Jesus came to remove sin from us, the sin of Adam that we inherited.
He either did that...or He did not!!
Jesus came to bring Life! Can a person be in sin and or have sin in him and be alive in the sense that Jesus is Life? What Jesus did was pay the price as one uncorrupted. This opened the Way or the Door which had been closed since Adam and Eve were put out of Eden. To open the Door for us, we were cleansed, but this is like washing a toddler in the bathtub. The toddler is soon is sparkling clean, but then instead of drying him and putting on fresh clean clothes, mama loses hold of him and he streaks naked and soaking wet out into the yard and right back into the dirt.

When we come out of the bathtub fresh and clean, we need first to put on those proper and clean garments. Then we need to be directed away from the yard and its dirt toward the Door and the Tree of Life.

The proper and clean clothes are described here:

"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:" Eph 6:13-17

The "Tree of Life" is also Jesus of whom we need to eat His flesh and drink His blood in order to have Life:

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you." John 6:53

So what did Jesus say he came to bring?

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

@"ByGrace" wrote:
If we say that He did not..then we make God a liar.
Isa 53 "God saw the travail of His soul and was satisfied.."

The weight of sin was upon Him. If not then the cross is just laughable.

Do we often fail in appropriating His grace? Yes.
There is necessary, I believe, the proper preparation which means being both clean and wearing the proper garments as described above in Ephesians. Without Jesus the Door/Gate to the Tree of Life would never have been opened to men. Without the proper apparel still no man could walk through that open Door/Gate unhindered:

"And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
For many are called, but few are chosen." Matt 22:11-14

Or having been called out of death, but still bound by the clothing of death how could we walk through that Door/Gate unhindered?

"And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go." John 11:43-44

Jesus did NOT loose Lazarus from the graveclothes, the clothing of death. Someone else needed to do that! Jesus told someone else to do it!

@"ByGrace" wrote:
Do we fail in believing that what God said that He had done, He did? Yes.
We still believe that we can get ourselves to 'heaven' by being good, by doing better, ...
"What shall we do that we may work the works of God? And He answered, this is the work on God, that you believe on Him who He sent."

Believing is so hard, we are much happier believing that we can DO something other than have faith.

So "shall we sin that grace may abound? God forbid."
Love keeps us on the straight and narrow, love is the only measuring rod.
God does it all but how often is His work completed instantaneously rather than by steps over time and by renewing touches on each of us? We do not live for God only in the moment we first believe in His name but over the period of time which He has given to each of us. He has provided everything that is necessary for us including assistance along the way as needed and if we ask for it. The work was not all done when we first repented anymore than was all of Jesus's work all done when he was born to Mary or when he announced that he was to do his Father's work when he was 12 years old. Presuming even that all of his work was in the time of his specific "ministry" it lasted 3½ years. Only at the end of that time did he declare "It is finished".

God through Jesus provided all of the tools and assistance required for us to do our part so that we too will be able to say, "It is finished". It may take us longer to finish, but we had a mess to clean up which he never did. He never was out in the dirt to begin with, with yen to run back into that dirt at the first opportunity.

@"ByGrace" wrote:
You can't build a doctrine on one part verse.. too many many other verses against it!!
That is not the Gospel = Good News.
We either declare ourselves dead to sin...or we choose to hug it to our breast like the asp.

Rom 6 “Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
That is the "work".
Make any necessary declarations to God, but also do everything else that He requires of you. He has provided the means for us to do a greater work than what Jesus did. Will we not do it, saying that Jesus already did it all?

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." John 14:12

What is our work again? To sit back and wait for Jesus? Is He not already here and now He waits on us?

@bbyrd009 Wrote
But best if we just stop now...your mind has been made up already! :)
Might get you to Nehushtan worship I guess, and wadr no one has ever busted a grape doing that I guess. Stop whenever you can't stand the heat any more lol, and go sing "when we all get to heaven" with your friends, as long as that seems right to you, I am not meaning to condemn that either

What and where is Nehushtan? If we are NOT seeing ourselves becoming more like Jesus as depicted clearly in Matt 5:3-11, then we are remaining in the darkness of our first vision instead in , or on the approach to, the Light by which we are able to see "face to face" He who is the Light.

As we become the "ye" of Matt 5:3-11 we are moving from the
through a glass darkly of I Cor 13:12 to "face to face" vision, then we are going to perish...

Our vision of Life has then become or is becoming the death of Nehushtan.

"Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he." Prov 29:18

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 7:25
[25] I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Paul was truly grieved to his soul to learn that judaizers were infiltrating Corinth, and assaulting his character to do so. As a result God sent him a messenger of Satan in my opinion the leader of these judaizers. What a God we serve, one that buffets us (a thorn in the fles) when he knows we’re about to get puffed up an exhault ourselves.

Reactions: marks and bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@amadeus Thank you John..I appreciate the work you put into the post.

Im going to re read it now...s l o w l y!!!

Many blessings....H

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Paul was truly grieved to his soul to learn that judaizers were infiltrating Corinth, and assaulting his character to do so. As a result God sent him a messenger of Satan in my opinion the leader of these judaizers. What a God we serve, one that buffets us (a thorn in the fles) when he knows we’re about to get puffed up an exhault ourselves.
It was a problem with the Galatians also, seemingly.

Reactions: Waiting on him

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
hey, good one maybe! I'll have to check that one out a little better, I have recently thought it was "sycophants," but I dunno