Living Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I have been sinless...IN Christ. He is and was my sinlessness. He is/was my victory. When I am tempted away from His shelter and power (under grace) I return to the natural world which is under the law of sin
that is what you might like to believe, but that does not comport with Scripture nor reality wadr.

Great way to avoid having to confess though I guess huh, just profess instead?

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok well so you say, Bible says different. If you say you have no sin you are deceived

You can't build a doctrine on one part verse.. too many many other verses against it!!
That is not the Gospel = Good News.
We either declare ourselves dead to sin...or we choose to hug it to our breast like the asp.

Rom 6 “Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
That is the "work".

But best if we just stop now...your mind has been made up already! :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If we sin we have neither seen Him or known Him. (Same author as you have misunderstood and misquoted)
ok, go with that then, and have a nice day.
you don't have to bother demonstrating "misunderstood and misquoted" to anyone, surely
and you can skip all those posts you don't want to confront too, ok with me

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You can't build a doctrine on one part verse.. too many many other verses against it!!
That is not the Gospel = Good News.
We either declare ourselves dead to sin...or we choose to hug it to our breast like the asp.

Rom 6 “Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
That is the "work".

But best if we just stop now...your mind has been made up already! :)
Might get you to Nehushtan worship I guess, and wadr no one has ever busted a grape doing that I guess. Stop whenever you can't stand the heat any more lol, and go sing "when we all get to heaven" with your friends, as long as that seems right to you, I am not meaning to condemn that either

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ok, go with that then, and have a nice day.
you don't have to bother demonstrating "misunderstood and misquoted" to anyone, surely

Surely. ALL have sinned and fallen short. We cannot deny that. But John never says we HAVE to continue in sin. That is utter nonsense making the bible an apologetic that condones sin.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have been sinless...IN Christ. He is and was my sinlessness. He is/was my victory. When I am tempted away from His shelter and power (under grace) I return to the natural world which is under the law of sin.

If it is raining outside and I am exposed to the air then I am UNDER the rain. I get wet...no surprise there. But if I have an umbrella then I am saved from the rain because I am UNDER the umbrella. I remain dry. However, If my umbrella blows away in the wind...then I am again UNDER the rain. I get wet again.

So then think of sin as getting wet in the elements of this world...as we do in the rain. The umbrella is grace.

Too simple?

We sin when we are tempted AWAY FROM Christ.

James 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Drawn away from what or whom???

Drawn away from our protection of grace.

Just as the umbrella is effective against rain...so grace is effective (sufficient) against sin.
The ignorant have an umbrella, sure; not only our sins, but the sins of the whole world.
Ignorance is not a sin, right, but hypocrisy is?
So imo trade that umbrella for a cross ok

Reactions: Waiting on him

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So imo trade that umbrella for a cross ok

Exactly! But people don't understand the power of the cross that crucifies our tendency to sin....so I have to use the umbrella idea to put across the power of it.

Would people understand what staying out of the rain is like by being under the shadow of His wings?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Surely. ALL have sinned and fallen short. We cannot deny that. But John never says we HAVE to continue in sin. That is utter nonsense making the bible an apologetic that condones sin.
I am not saying that you have to continue in sin either Epi, just that I would accept that as our default rather than this pious self-testifying of sinlessness and "leaning on Jesus" that identifies Nehushtan worshippers who have not yet found No Son of Man may die for another's sins

Reactions: friend of

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Exactly! But people don't understand the power of the cross that crucifies our tendency to sin....so I have to use the umbrella idea to put across the power of it.
So now we are talking about Jesus' cross I guess, not your own right

look, you profess "long periods" of "no sin," right; is it possible that you were sinning by omission, or w/o realizing it, or no?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not saying that you have to continue in sin either Epi, just that I would accept that as our default rather than this pious self-testifying of sinlessness and "leaning on Jesus" that identifies Nehushtan worshippers who have not yet found No Son of Man may die for another's sins

Our "natural" condition is as sinners...and hopelessly so. Our "super-natural" condition is as saints who are holy as Jesus is.

How? By the power given to us through Christ becoming as we are and developing a way for us to follow Him in that same power. This is called the "Way".

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So now we are talking about Jesus' cross I guess, not your own right

look, you profess "long periods" of "no sin," right; is it possible that you were sinning by omission, or w/o realizing it, or no?

No. Because I was WITH God in Zion. Living in both places with this world slightly out of focus. There is no sin possible IN Christ. The only omission is we omit God.

Here is an exercise of what it is like. Focus on something close to you. You can still notice things in the distance but they are out of focus. Now do the opposite. The same thing but in reverse.

Now walk in the Spirit and the things of this world grow faint.

There is a spiritual veil that once removed allows us to see in depth into the Spirit. That's how Jesus saw the world. And that's how we see as He did so we can walk as He did.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Do yourself a favor and go find "Jesus did not die for your sins" whenever you are ready. Most of them are trying to lead you to a better understanding of Christ I think

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Our "natural" condition is as sinners...and hopelessly so. Our "super-natural" condition is as saints who are holy as Jesus is.

How? By the power given to us through Christ becoming as we are and developing a way for us to follow Him in that same power. This is called the "Way".
yes, that few find, and that mostly manifests twice the sons of hell you are!
not meaning to ID "you" there, but after all these are revealed in their professions I think, who one identifies as "we" and "us," etc.

iow no reason anyone in the world cannot be included in that "us," until we start listening to a "believers" interp right

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
yes, that few find, and that mostly manifests twice the sons of hell you are!

If you falsely claim to see when you don't...yes. But the opposite is also true....when you do see into the Spirit then you are a son of heaven.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
There is a spiritual veil that once removed allows us to see in depth into the Spirit. That's how Jesus saw the world. And that's how we see as He did so we can walk as He did.
well "we" can hope for this, sure, but saying "that's how we see" immediately dqs anyone who says that, hopefully that is apparent. "We" are mostly an Emo bunch of hypocrites enjoying our tares I guess, or at least that is my "we"

but "we" are free to ID as we like of course

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@amadeus

John can you read posts #86 - #92 between bbyrd009 and myself and tell me what I am not seeing or getting? Add in also #104 and the one of his I am replying to..thanks, hope you have time..
For the life of my I can't see what Mark is saying? ( or trying to say :( )
You know us both well, so you know how we think... Ha!