Lol on your “Christian only” take

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Nice theory - in practice, Jesus said the world hated Him and therefore hates His followers - so the majority of the world has a hate-induced bias against Christians.

To whit:

Joh 15:18 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.

Joh 15:19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
How does the world have bias against Christian's? Christian's have won the world, they are the major religion of this day and age.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Thanks Angelina!
I call myself agnostic because as a human I can’t truly say I “know” there is a God. I want to believe and get the whole idea of faith, yet I still only have hope, but not knowledge.
But if you did know there was a God, why would you need to continue believing?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great Point.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Hebrews 11:6)

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does the world have bias against Christian's? Christian's have won the world, they are the major religion of this day and age.

look at what christianity believes vs what the world believes. For example, christians are against abortion, our own govt believes abortions should be legal. Christians believe gay marriage isnt real marriage as defined by God, yet our own govt has said it is.

Just because someone says they are a christian, doesnt mean they actually are. But your question demonstrates another problem. If someone says “i am a christian”, you should ask why are you a christian. What you’ll see is because of tradition. They grew up in a christian home, so they continue on in that tradition, simply because its how they were raised. Thats not why a person becomes a true christian. You become a christian to have a relationship with God.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

if i proved to you that Cars were real, why would you need to continue believing in cars??

what you’re really asking is, if i proved God was real, you would realize that the Bible was truth, and that would mean you would realize what real fear is, and that would mean you realized you needed to change your life. But could you live without your sin???

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are genuine Christians and there are “nominal/pseudo” Christians. There are genuine believers and there are make believers.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
as a cynic, that wont do.
Cynicism these days means you believe people are always motivated by self interest. But what of God?
Acts 17:25 "And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else."

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cynicism these days means you believe people are always motivated by self interest. But what of God?
Acts 17:25 "And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else."

God isnt a cynic. People are. Maybe a better question would be, how exactly does love make you believe?? This is where the cynic in me comes up, my primary motivation to believe is fear of hell, not love. You and I see God differently. I see God as the person who sends most people to hell, you see God as love and who saves people from hell.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
God isnt a cynic. People are. Maybe a better question would be, how exactly does love make you believe?? This is where the cynic in me comes up, my primary motivation to believe is fear of hell, not love. You and I see God differently. I see God as the person who sends most people to hell, you see God as love and who saves people from hell.

I see God as high and mighty, the creator of the universe. Then I see what he has done for me, even the tinyiest thing, which should be so far beneath his notice. The whole human race should be beneth his notice. But it is not, and we are not beneath his notice because he is above human capabilities. And he has shown kindness and concern for us. Concern enough to send his Son to us to die on the cross.

Psalm 8:4 "what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
So God wants us to believe, and be reconciled to him. And the only reason for that is his love.

Reactions: ScottA

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet, i see God as the italian father who is always in a bad mood and beating his sons with his belt when they miss school. Fear is opposite of love, and God is quite scary. Arent you scared when you die and have to stand in front of Him?? For that matter, arent you scared of death?? Why? Because God will be waiting for you on the other side.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
look at what christianity believes vs what the world believes. For example, christians are against abortion, our own govt believes abortions should be legal. Christians believe gay marriage isnt real marriage as defined by God, yet our own govt has said it is.

Just because someone says they are a christian, doesnt mean they actually are. But your question demonstrates another problem. If someone says “i am a christian”, you should ask why are you a christian. What you’ll see is because of tradition. They grew up in a christian home, so they continue on in that tradition, simply because its how they were raised. Thats not why a person becomes a true christian. You become a christian to have a relationship with God.
How do you have a relationship with something you believe in?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
if i proved to you that Cars were real, why would you need to continue believing in cars??

what you’re really asking is, if i proved God was real, you would realize that the Bible was truth, and that would mean you would realize what real fear is, and that would mean you realized you needed to change your life. But could you live without your sin???
When a parent uses some form of fear based punishment to curb their child's actions when they have done something wrong; it does not correct the child's bad behaviour. Rather it causes the child to learn better methods to hide their wrong behaviour.

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
There are genuine Christians and there are “nominal/pseudo” Christians. There are genuine believers and there are make believers.
Are you a true blue Christian? How do you know you are? How do you test your own faith so you can know if your are a fake believer or not?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
And yet, i see God as the italian father who is always in a bad mood and beating his sons with his belt when they miss school. Fear is opposite of love, and God is quite scary. Arent you scared when you die and have to stand in front of Him?? For that matter, arent you scared of death?? Why? Because God will be waiting for you on the other side.
Why an Italian father?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
For the Lord God has made you a offer you can not refuse.