Lol on your “Christian only” take

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a parent uses some form of fear based punishment to curb their child's actions when they have done something wrong; it does not correct the child's bad behaviour. Rather it causes the child to learn better methods to hide their wrong behaviour.

sounds like rebellion.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a true blue Christian? How do you know you are? How do you test your own faith so you can know if your are a fake believer or not?
Yes. The Bible defines a true Christian as one who has received Jesus Christ as Savior. (John 1:12; Romans 10:9,10; 1 John 5:11-13) A true Christian trusts in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ as the all sufficient means of their salvation. (Romans 1:16; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4) A true Christian has received the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:5; 8:9,16) and is a new creation in Christ Jesus. (2 Corinthians 5:17) Love is a characteristic of a true Christian. (1 John 3:10; 4:7)

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
you ever seen the movie good fellas?? In the beginning of it, we see henry’s italian father beating him. Its much the same thing.
Yes I have seen that movie, with the horses head in the bed and I will grant you one request as today is the day of my daughters wedding.

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Yes. The Bible defines a true Christian as one who has received Jesus Christ as Savior. (John 1:12; Romans 10:9,10; 1 John 5:11-13) A true Christian trusts in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ as the all sufficient means of their salvation. (Romans 1:16; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4) A true Christian has received the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:5; 8:9,16) and is a new creation in Christ Jesus. (2 Corinthians 5:17) Love is a characteristic of a true Christian. (1 John 3:10; 4:7)
That's it? That's how you know you are a true blue Christian.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever you force on somebody will return to you as the opposite. If you force someone to do what you believe is good, then you will only get the bad in return.

and you have just explained why the majority of mankind will be cast into hell.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you sound like someone who like's baiting people into a reaction you can use against them later.
Just the opposite. You asked me a question and I gave you a solid, Biblical answer, then you called my answer “insufficient.”

Reactions: Nancy

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
i find that answer …. Confusing. Lets start back at the beginning, do you believe God exists? Do you believe the Bible is the inerrant word of God?
There might be a God. I do not believe the Bible to be inerrant in any sense.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There might be a God. I do not believe the Bible to be inerrant in any sense.
iu

HUGS

Reactions: Lambano