Lol on your “Christian only” take

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Avagabond

Feb 22, 2022
Thunder Bay Ontario
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Canada
This forum should also have a “free for all”.
As it is we are either self professing christians or not.
In the early days those who had faith in Christ didn’t call themselves christians, but were called Christ ians because they reminded folk of Christ.
Now a days just about anybody calls them selves christians, YIKES!
Let those who “see” Christ in you pronounce, then it’s real!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the early days those who had faith in Christ didn’t call themselves christians, but were called Christ ians because they reminded folk of Christ.

Nice theory - in practice, Jesus said the world hated Him and therefore hates His followers - so the majority of the world has a hate-induced bias against Christians.

To whit:

Joh 15:18 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.

Joh 15:19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Avagabond

Feb 22, 2022
Thunder Bay Ontario
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Canada
Nice theory - in practice, Jesus said the world hated Him and therefore hates His followers - so the majority of the world has a hate-induced bias against Christians.

To whit:

Joh 15:18 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.

Joh 15:19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
Thanks Curtis, it just seems so many are considering themselves christians today.
Yet their doctrines are so very very different.
There’s a word in Greek used for Lamb, each and every time it’s used referring to Christ the Messiah. However there’s another word translated as lamb which king James didn’t bother using proper translation. It was first used, as I recall, when Apostle Peter had his vision and was told “ if you
Love me feed my “lambkins” a diminutive of lamb.

If you check with the strongs exhaustive concordance, you’ll see the not once was the lamb used in the book of revelation, but always the word “lambkin”, interestingly especially when the elders say, “who is worthy to open the book and remove the seals thereof and I looked and behold the “lambkin” took the book and opened the seals. It Christ in you (the lambkin) that is the hope of glory, or the manifestation of Christ

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Angelina!
I call myself agnostic because as a human I can’t truly say I “know” there is a God. I want to believe and get the whole idea of faith, yet I still only have hope, but not knowledge.

when you look around, do you not think that God created everything??

Reactions: JohnPaul

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There are a lot of posers out there. Some people don't realize their error.

What do you need to be convinced to turn to God Christ Jesus?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Avagabond,

In the "early days'......as in "100 years after Jesus was taken up into Heaven, off the earth, in full view of the Apostles, in the day time..?
That first 100 yrs +, the born again disciples of Jesus, were known as "followers of The Way".
Why you ask?
Good question.<
Its because Jesus defined Himself as they only Way to the Father.... "I am THE Way"...."no person comes to THE Father, but by ME".
See that?

So, those who trusted in Christ, as wall as the Apostles, were knows as followers of "the Way", as Jesus is THE WAY to the Father.
The only way to heaven.

images

Avagabond, do you see the Savior on the Cross, dying for your sins?
He is the ONLY WAY to Heaven. And there you see Jesus providing the only way for you to go there after you die.
Jesus also told the disciples that they would be "fishers of Men".
So, the earliest SIGN that the apostles used was the Ichthys // Ichthus

You've seen this sign....

<><

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Thanks Curtis, it just seems so many are considering themselves christians today.
Yet their doctrines are so very very different.
There’s a word in Greek used for Lamb, each and every time it’s used referring to Christ the Messiah. However there’s another word translated as lamb which king James didn’t bother using proper translation. It was first used, as I recall, when Apostle Peter had his vision and was told “ if you
Love me feed my “lambkins” a diminutive of lamb.

If you check with the strongs exhaustive concordance, you’ll see the not once was the lamb used in the book of revelation, but always the word “lambkin”, interestingly especially when the elders say, “who is worthy to open the book and remove the seals thereof and I looked and behold the “lambkin” took the book and opened the seals. It Christ in you (the lambkin) that is the hope of glory, or the manifestation of Christ
gth out! ty :)
Thanks Angelina!
I call myself agnostic because as a human I can’t truly say I “know” there is a God. I want to believe and get the whole idea of faith, yet I still only have hope, but not knowledge.
can anyone truly say they “know” there is a God? Point being the definition of agnostic seems to have changed from when it was a-gnostic
word

also in the Bible i guess; calling yourself a Christian is basically testifying of yourself, right?

ntmy btw, im mark