Lol on your “Christian only” take

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Waiting for someone to turn up and fix all the problems you've created, is as my old high school teacher said to me when I didn't study.

"A cop-out"

if we could have fixed it, do you really think things would be getting worse as they are?? How many centuries does it take to solve the problems we face??
You’re either giving mankind too much credit, or not enough credit to God.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christian's are the evidence that Christianity is false. Because of what's come out of Christian belief in the last 2000 year's. No way if there was a Jesus, who is God, wouldn't have dealt with all this hypocrisy by now.

can you be more specific about christian beliefs that are bad? Also, understand that not everyone who claims to be a christian, is a christian.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What has Jesus cured today without actual real human's having to research and invent treatment's. Miraculous cure's don't exist, and I am happy they don't.

where do you think those humans got the intellect to figure out treatments?? How do you know that God didnt design them to be smarter in order to figure out the treatment?
As far as miracles not happening, once the apostles had died, the apostolic gifts were gone. Can miracles happen today? If God wants them to, they can. You just arent giving God the praise and glory He deserves. The man who created everything in the universe clearly has the power to do a lot more.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
That's an assumption, mere opinion of your's. That belief you have does not prove anything.
The Bible teaches God will eventually no longer allow this hypocrisy to continue.
Acts 17:31
Because He(God) hath appointed a day, in which He will judge the world in righteousness by that Man whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him from the dead.

God has already chosen when He will put an end to this wicked world.
So, we better take the opportunity He has given us and believe and repent while we are able!
Now is the time to obey Jesus' gospel.
Wisdom is proven by her children.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I agree!
God no longer performs miracles today, by His choice, read the whole chapter of 1Corinthians 13.
But why would you not want God to heal today?
Is it because then you would have no excuse for denying Him?
That's not what Jesus says about performing miracles.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
can you be more specific about christian beliefs that are bad? Also, understand that not everyone who claims to be a christian, is a christian.
Believing hell exits has caused great mental anguish on a scale that can not be measured.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
where do you think those humans got the intellect to figure out treatments?? How do you know that God didnt design them to be smarter in order to figure out the treatment?
As far as miracles not happening, once the apostles had died, the apostolic gifts were gone. Can miracles happen today? If God wants them to, they can. You just arent giving God the praise and glory He deserves. The man who created everything in the universe clearly has the power to do a lot more.
A god who requires praise is definitely a god that a man invented to inflate his own sense of place in the universe.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
if we could have fixed it, do you really think things would be getting worse as they are?? How many centuries does it take to solve the problems we face??
You’re either giving mankind too much credit, or not enough credit to God.
Thing's worsen because of believing. It's not the other way around.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what Jesus says about

Friend, 1Corinthians 13 does teach the cessation of miraculous gifts.
Hope you know I love you.
I only want you to have the joy, peace, assurance, hope and love that only God can give to His justified, sanctified, glorified saved people.

I wish I had the ability to take your illness from you.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I don't know exactly what to say Titus. But I do know those feelings attached to the beliefs you have, that never cease pushing you to perform.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
good!!!!
Warnings exist for a reason. Jesus spoke about how bad a place it is often.
Yeah but, look at the harm it's done to far too many people. Are you saying that God needs to cause mental anguish for a few people. What did children ever do to God as to be tormented by the living fear of hell?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes the morning day itself good?
Multiple ways. It brings the sun which makes it warmer. Specially here in Maine, USA where we are just coming out from under a very cold winter.
It brings light, so I can see outside and not worry about animals lurking in the woods.
And best of all:
COFFEE and Breakfast!
:D
Definately coffee though.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Eternal Wall of Answered Prayer
I don’t intend to defend my faith or my relationship with God , I had enough years of doing that with my youngest atheist son …..then God challenged him and within months he came to faith and became a Christian. His views turned around. Anyway the above is a link to answered prayers, evidence of miracles , just because you do not believe in them does not mean they do not happen……..
Rita

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Multiple ways. It brings the sun which makes it warmer. Specially here in Maine, USA where we are just coming out from under a very cold winter.
It brings light, so I can see outside and not worry about animals lurking in the woods.
And best of all:
COFFEE and Breakfast!
:D
Definately coffee though.
So the day is good for you. Do you think Eskimos have a good day too?