Lol on your “Christian only” take

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Eternal Wall of Answered Prayer
I don’t intend to defend my faith or my relationship with God , I had enough years of doing that with my youngest atheist son …..then God challenged him and within months he came to faith and became a Christian. His views turned around. Anyway the above is a link to answered prayers, evidence of miracles , just because you do not believe in them does not mean they do not happen……..
Rita
Who are you talking too Rita?

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah but, look at the harm it's done to far too many people. Are you saying that God needs to cause mental anguish for a few people. What did children ever do to God as to be tormented by the living fear of hell?

fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Jesus said dont fear those who can kill your physical body, but to fear the One who can destroy your body and send your soul to hell.

anyway, i have been more than patient with you. You’ve made your point that you have no desire to know God and get saved. I wish you the best.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
it is blasphemy because you look at God as just another person, even with contempt. I have to wonder if you treat your parents the same way.
What? My narcissistic mother and my sociopathic father (Who was a delight to live with) No. All honour goes to MacGyver who was a better role model than those real parents I had.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Jesus said dont fear those who can kill your physical body, but to fear the One who can destroy your body and send your soul to hell.

anyway, i have been more than patient with you. You’ve made your point that you have no desire to know God and get saved. I wish you the best.
Where does the Old Testament God require people to fear him on the basis he is warning the Jewish people of hell? Not the New Testament, But found in the Old Testament.

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
The Old Testament was formed over thousands of years.

The New Testament was formed in less than 600. (Most likely no more than 200 year's)

Reactions: Ziggy

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia

Hell house. Road House!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Old Testament was formed over thousands of years.

The New Testament was formed in less than 600. (Most likely no more than 200 year's)

As I understand it, The OT follows the lineage and trials and triumphs of the Israelites.
The NT is a correction from how they were about to go off a cliff, and turn them to a better way.
At the same time including into that fold of people, all the other peoples (gentiles) of the world.
The OT was to be used as a guide, how one people were to be an example to the rest of the world.
We see how and where they failed and where they excelled. And the bible uses their history as the rest of the world's teacher of what to do and not do. What God approves of and what he doesn't
I think if Israel did everything 100% wrong, then the NT would have been much longer.
But I also see the NT as an overlay of the OT.
It shows us what they were missing and what was still needed to be "perfected" .
Through disobedience and bad behavior, they just kept heaping more burdens upon themselves.
The NT is a new start. Leave your burdens here at the door. You messed up. Your not perfect.
Jesus is the example all people should follow. Jesus is what Israel should have been, if Israel had put God first and let him lead them.
So I believe God came in the flesh and he called himself Jesus to be the example he wanted his children to follow.
In the NT God is more concerned about the perfection of your heart than the perfection of ritualistic services.
There are a lot of lessons in the OT we are still learning. But everything we need to learn is in it.
We just need to apply the tools (Holy Spirit) of the NT to understand the OT and how they missed the mark.

Just my 2 cents.

I hope your day has more yes's than no's.
:D
Hugs

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
As I understand it, The OT follows the lineage and trials and triumphs of the Israelites.
The NT is a correction from how they were about to go off a cliff, and turn them to a better way.
At the same time including into that fold of people, all the other peoples (gentiles) of the world.
The OT was to be used as a guide, how one people were to be an example to the rest of the world.
We see how and where they failed and where they excelled. And the bible uses their history as the rest of the world's teacher of what to do and not do. What God approves of and what he doesn't
I think if Israel did everything 100% wrong, then the NT would have been much longer.
But I also see the NT as an overlay of the OT.
It shows us what they were missing and what was still needed to be "perfected" .
Through disobedience and bad behavior, they just kept heaping more burdens upon themselves.
The NT is a new start. Leave your burdens here at the door. You messed up. Your not perfect.
Jesus is the example all people should follow. Jesus is what Israel should have been, if Israel had put God first and let him lead them.
So I believe God came in the flesh and he called himself Jesus to be the example he wanted his children to follow.
In the NT God is more concerned about the perfection of your heart than the perfection of ritualistic services.
There are a lot of lessons in the OT we are still learning. But everything we need to learn is in it.
We just need to apply the tools (Holy Spirit) of the NT to understand the OT and how they missed the mark.

Just my 2 cents.

I hope your day has more yes's than no's.
:D
Hugs
2368687_0.jpg

Reactions: Lambano

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Who are you talking too Rita?
Sorry I couldn’t find the original post where you mentioned about doubting there were miracles, it came up in someone’s quote but I couldn’t find the original post. I had to go to work, so just presumed you would know it was addressed to you. I should have made that clear.
Rita

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What? My narcissistic mother and my sociopathic father (Who was a delight to live with) No. All honour goes to MacGyver who was a better role model than those real parents I had.

so you dishonor your parents. Daily. That actually explains a lot. I have found that people who do that, continually, dont have a good life.

the first commandment with a promise is the 5th commandment. Honor thy mother and father.
Ephesians 6:1-3 says “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— 3 “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”

You treat your parents as if they are insignificant, as you do God also. You gotta stop that. Things will never get better for you till you do. And this is why we tell people about God and the Gospel. You say you dont believe in God due to no proof. Well heres your proof, change your ways with your parents and see if life gets better. It will, and then you’ll see that the Bible is as truthful as it gets. It is the inerrant word of God. It is without error or lie in all matters.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
so you dishonor your parents. Daily. That actually explains a lot. I have found that people who do that, continually, dont have a good life.

the first commandment with a promise is the 5th commandment. Honor thy mother and father.
Ephesians 6:1-3 says “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— 3 “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”

You treat your parents as if they are insignificant, as you do God also. You gotta stop that. Things will never get better for you till you do. And this is why we tell people about God and the Gospel. You say you dont believe in God due to no proof. Well heres your proof, change your ways with your parents and see if life gets better. It will, and then you’ll see that the Bible is as truthful as it gets. It is the inerrant word of God. It is without error or lie in all matters.
I know. It's terrible how I am.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Sorry I couldn’t find the original post where you mentioned about doubting there were miracles, it came up in someone’s quote but I couldn’t find the original post. I had to go to work, so just presumed you would know it was addressed to you. I should have made that clear.
Rita
What about me doubting miracles? I would think everyone here feels doubts about what I say. But they tell me doubt is bad in relation to what they say to me. You don't see a problem with that mentality?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"to the lobsters in the galley, the sinking of the Titanic was a miracle"
love...believes all things
Where does the Old Testament God require people to fear him on the basis he is warning the Jewish people of hell? Not the New Testament, But found in the Old Testament.
it's not even in the NT fwiw; Jesus said Gehenna