Longsuffering....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wonder, by what or who's measure is long-suffering determined?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something I told my mom today,

In times of trials that is when a light can really shine..

While Jesus could have said anything to those who put him on the cross, and those who turned him over to be hung on the cross.

"Father forgive them, they no know not what they do"

If longsuffering has anything to do with this type of compassion while being ill-treated, or even ignored, or felt as though they are not loved, or they are bothered by others and their own decisions, or they are poor and can't have everything everyone has, and still have compassion and mercy.

That is long-suffering and a light that truly shines.

It all comes from the Spirit of Christ though, and those who do not have the Spirit are not his, or at least that is what Paul had written, and the struggle between the flesh and spirit is a viable thing as well.

All the best, quiet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We live in a world of ‘ instant solutions ‘ in the west and I think this sometimes creeps into our thinking when we are suffering. We doubt God or prayer if we don’t see something changing quickly. Yet Gods timing and time frame is just so different, also his purposes. We see suffering, but he sees the much bigger picture, or perhaps the internal one. Proverbs 3:5-6 and Romans 8:28 have become my go to verses that remind me that I know so little about what is going on and what the end result will be …………

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something I told my mom today,

In times of trials that is when a light can really shine..

While Jesus could have said anything to those who put him on the cross, and those who turned him over to be hung on the cross.

"Father forgive them, they no know not what they do"

If longsuffering has anything to do with this type of compassion while being ill-treated, or even ignored, or felt as though they are not loved, or they are bothered by others and their own decisions, or they are poor and can't have everything everyone has, and still have compassion and mercy.

That is long-suffering and a light that truly shines.

It all comes from the Spirit of Christ though, and those who do not have the Spirit are not his, or at least that is what Paul had written, and the struggle between the flesh and spirit is a viable thing as well.

All the best, quiet.
Those are beautifully written thoughts on long-suffering. Enjoyed it alot.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are beautifully written thoughts on long-suffering. Enjoyed it alot.
Hello Debp, hope that you are having a good morning so far, thank you for your thoughts and all glory to God. @Rita, had some good thoughts too, because this life is full of 'instant solutions', but the true solution that one whom gives us spiritual life through and through. :)

Reactions: Debp