Look up, He's with you

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I look around as I sit here and I know that He is here with me. With us. Though we live mostly separate from humankind except for a random food shopping trip when we do see others. He never leaves. If I go He goes with me.

I don't have to go to a building somewhere to find Him. I've heard preachers at churches we attended either say outright or strongly infer that we must come to that building, that denomination, that pastor for our prayers to be effective. To really be in the presence of God. Not so. Untrue. Until you know His presence truly abides you really don't know Him. But you can...

1 John 2:27 KJVS
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

The only way those brave souls who have laid down their lives for Jesus survived was by the knowledge that Jesus was right there with them. The most Inspiring words ever written, the new testament letters, were written by a man that was imprisoned and chained in a cold Roman prison awaiting Caesar's orders for his head to be chopped off. He knew Jesus would never leave or forsake him. If God be for us who can be against us?

We live alone, have no church except the real church of God to which we belong. But we know that He is with us, will never leave us. I sense continually His abiding presence. It's always here. Perhaps you are alone, or sick, or hungry, in need of medical care. Maybe you have no real dwelling place, food or clothing. But if you know Him you have something that will carry you through. Jesus told His disciples that he "I have meat that you know nothing of". He knew the presence of the spirit of God was always with Him.

We have afflictions and hardships here that I won't even speak of. So do you. Yet I believe He is for me. For us. Jesus knows. He feels every pain, every lack, every rush of loneliness, every firey dart that afflicts us. No one knows like Jesus.

May I encourage you to hold on? He will not leave. When God says a thing that's it. It's done. He's so faithful that He even continues to honor His spiritual gifts after a recipient begins to deal unfaithfully and departs from the straight and narrow. As surely as I write this I know that there are those that feel desperate and on the edge of destruction. He knows. This sure knowledge is our anchor. It will not fail. Do not give up friends.

Watchman Nee was imprisoned for his faith by the Chinese communists. A prisoner that was released from that place reported that the last he heard of Watchman was the sound of his voice as he sang psalms from his cell down the hall. No more was ever heard of him and they quietly disposed of this man of faith. He knew Jesus was there with him. Just as brother Paul knew as he wrote encouragements from his cell on death row.

Stop whatever you are doing and be still. Still your thoughts and emotions. Look around you. Can you not discern that He is present? I will never fail you nor forsake you. Once you really see that He is with you it will change your life.

Hebrews 13:5-6 KJVS
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. [6] So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

David said there is no place that God is not. In the midst of solid rock He's there. On the farthest planet He's there. In the hospital room, the jail cell, the foreign prison He's there. In your bed of sickness and affliction He's right there seeing your plight. He sees the stack of unpaid bills, the single mother with her face in her hands wondering how she shall care for her small ones. The jobless father wondering his he will feed his family. Our tears are placed into God's bottle the word says.

A man drove by a large estate daily and the Lord would say "take them some groceries". The man replied Lord I'm not going to embarrass myself by taking food up to those rich folks. Day by day the urge continued. Finally he relented and took bags of groceries to the door. A man came at his knock and broke into tears at the sight of provisions. The estate was tied up in court and the family there had been eating beans from bean bag pillows. This is a true story. Does God know your plight? Will He answer? Will He send help?

Will you or I be able to hear when He says do this or do that? That urge to do a thing to help another is the Lord. Yield to the urge, extend yourself and see another lightened. Prayers answered. God has given my wife and I the ability to draw from Him. It's the only way we have survived these four decades in the literal wilderness. "Behold, I give you the ministry if encouragement" He spoke to me nearly forty years ago. May I encourage you? Jesus through me speaking to your heart.

You may belong to a church. You may belong to this or that religious group. No matter. You must still draw your strength from Him. Jesus was strengthened by His lonely prayer vigils, not by walking in the crowds or with His disciples. The manna must be gathered day by day. It cannot be stored up. Get it straight from the maker. He has the market cornered. Strength, love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness all come from close fellowship with God. With His Holy Spirit.

He said to a man "never ask me to fulfill another's prayer if you are able to meet the request". We are His extended hands and feet. We are His agents here. His disciples. When we give or do or encourage or advise in His name and by His spirit we are truly His ministers. His yoke is easy His burden light.

You are never alone friends if you have yielded yourself to Him. He is with you now. Look up and see. Take heart. You have an eternal friend and savior. Jesus the Christ. Amen

Last edited: