Losing Your Salvation - Bible Verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A

Again not scriptural....we have all been born again several times in our earthly life time. Unless you are dead none have been saved. Because you have not been finally judged by Christ.
Um

maybe you have.

But I was born again 40 years ago. And jesus said i will never die

if I can;t die. I do not need to be reborn again

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A

Again not scriptural....we have all been born again several times in our earthly life time. Unless you are dead none have been saved. Because you have not been finally judged by Christ.
Scripture please that we have been born again three times?...thanks.

Online source.may give you a better understanding..

Nicodemus did not understand what Jesus was saying and thought he had to re-enter his mother’s womb to be born a second time (John 3:4). Jesus gently corrected him as a “teacher of Israel” and went on to explain that he meant being born from above by the Spirit of the living God. Nicodemus should have connected the Messiah with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit promised in several places in the prophets, such as Ezekiel 36:25-27 and the vision of the resurrection of the dry bones in Ezekiel 37.

Reactions: mailmandan

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't

that would require you to be perfect in every aspect of your life.
Not so again....after born again and we sin...payer is indicated to re-establish forgiveness to born again. Otherwise we loose our status.
Why do you suppose there are two books....the Book of Life...and...The Lamb's book of life.? Of which we must be in one at Judgment.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so again....after born again and we sin...payer is indicated to re-establish forgiveness to born again. Otherwise we loose our status.
Why do you suppose there are two books....the Book of Life...and...The Lamb's book of life.? Of which we must be in one at Judgment.
sorry bro

Gods standard is perfection. If you do not live up to that standard. your dead, that is what is required to maintain our righteous status

the wage of sin is death, the gift of God is life

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the wage of sin is death, the gift of God is life
Yes!
And a GIFT can't be earned.
Otherwise, it's not a gift.

Romans 5:15 NIV
But the gift is not like the trespass.
For if the many died by the trespass of the one man,
how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came
by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ,
overflow to the many!

/

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can;t lose our born gain status

Jesus said when we are born again we will never perish, and have eternal life.
Correct, but only your spirit was born again....NOT your soul or body. Your spirit can't PERISH, but your soul/body can. You apparently don't know the scripture, any better than you just misquoted it. And, I'll share it AGAIN like I just did with Steven.

"MAT 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell/gehenna.

What's missing above with the "BOTH" soul/body above? The spirit. And what is the definition of "destroy" above?

0622 apollumi: to destroy fully (reflex. to perish, or lose) lit. or fig.

JOH 3:15 that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during, 16 for God did so love the world, that His Son - the only begotten - He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during.

believing is PRESENT TENSE not past tense. Therefore it is not talking about your past tense OSAS spirit upon being 'born again' it's talking about the future tense salvation of your soul/body. But only if you are WALKING according to the leading of that holy "spirit of Christ" IN you. When you aren't, you are not walking in belief, then you're walking in the lie of your sinful flesh nature which will lead to soul and body death on the installment plan.

And the only thing which can keep your body alive after your SPIRIT IS OSAS and has become the SPIRIT OF CHRIST IN YOU THE HOPE OF A SAVED OR GLORIFIED BODY is if you are led by that OSAS SPIRIT and not by your sinful flesh natured body.
You are a triune being and you have 3 salvations to go through. SPIRIT SOUL and BODY...saved by....JUSTIFICATION, SANCTIFICATION and GLORIFICATION.

ROM 5:2 Through him we have obtained access to this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in our hope of sharing the glory of God.
The grace comes 'Through' our Lord Jesus Christ and His spirit in us. And it is 'that spirit' which imparts the power in which we STAND in our WALK of righteousness.

I can DO all things THROUGH Christ in me. But only if you are making Him. LORD in your walk. If the spirit of Christ says 'do/don't do' and you don't obey then you have just said NO! LORD! and that is an oxymoron confession. If you said NO! He is not your Lord at that moment. Even though He was/is LORD all the time.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct, but only your spirit was born again....NOT your soul or body. Your spirit can't PERISH, but your soul/body can. You apparently don't know the scripture, any better than you just misquoted it. And, I'll share it AGAIN like I just did with Steven.

"MAT 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell/gehenna.

What's missing above with the "BOTH" soul/body above? The spirit. And what is the definition of "destroy" above?

0622 apollumi: to destroy fully (reflex. to perish, or lose) lit. or fig.

JOH 3:15 that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during, 16 for God did so love the world, that His Son - the only begotten - He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during.

believing is PRESENT TENSE not past tense. Therefore it is not talking about your past tense OSAS spirit upon being 'born again' it's talking about the future tense salvation of your soul/body. But only if you are WALKING according to the leading of that holy "spirit of Christ" IN you. When you aren't, you are not walking in belief, then you're walking in the lie of your sinful flesh nature which will lead to soul and body death on the installment plan.

And the only thing which can keep your body alive after your SPIRIT IS OSAS and has become the SPIRIT OF CHRIST IN YOU THE HOPE OF A SAVED OR GLORIFIED BODY is if you are led by that OSAS SPIRIT and not by your sinful flesh natured body.
You are a triune being and you have 3 salvations to go through. SPIRIT SOUL and BODY...saved by....JUSTIFICATION, SANCTIFICATION and GLORIFICATION.

ROM 5:2 Through him we have obtained access to this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in our hope of sharing the glory of God.
The grace comes 'Through' our Lord Jesus Christ and His spirit in us. And it is 'that spirit' which imparts the power in which we STAND in our WALK of righteousness.

I can DO all things THROUGH Christ in me. But only if you are making Him. LORD in your walk. If the spirit of Christ says 'do/don't do' and you don't obey then you have just said NO! LORD! and that is an oxymoron confession. If you said NO! He is not your Lord at that moment. Even though He was/is LORD all the time.
The body will die

the soul will live forever.. where depends on your spirit.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BIG BOY JOHNSON

You should pay closer attention when you read your bible.... Jesus specifically stated while hanging on the Cross that the Father had forsaken Him:

Matthew 27:46 (also see Psalm 22)
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Jesus indicates that... the Father had forsaken Him, which is being separated from God (spiritual death). Very obviously not because Jesus did anything wrong, but because He is being forsaken in our place suffering what we would have suffered had we died in our sin. This is literally what it means to be the Lamb of God and be the offering for our sin.
You should probably stick to quoting me a scripture I don't know which says being forsaken is spiritual death. You aren't quoting scripture you are just spouting how indoctrinated you are to the 'theological diatribe of whatever religious SECT you belong to.

Isaiah 53:10-12
Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin
[spirit is inside the soul], he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
[Spirit is inside the soul] OK, Mr. bible reader quote me YOUR scripture.

PRO 20:27 The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

I weigh 155, just how big is your soul...that your spirit lives in?

JOH 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Now BB...big belly...Please tell me what the soul is defined as being, in your excellent 'bible attention' that I don't have?
quote me YOUR scripture

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
And then tell me what the difference is between "iniquities"...and transgressions...and sins is.

EXO 34:7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin,
LEV 16:21 And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins,
LEV 16:21 And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins,

quote me YOUR scripture

I'd really like your answer because Jesus did commit transgressions. So your biblical understanding is really important to this biblical dunce with a skinny soul belly that can't possibly have room for a spirit as big as yours. IMHO

ISA 53:12* Therefore I will divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he poured out his soul to death, and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
So, explain to me just what is a TRANSGRESSION which Jesus had to commit causing the death of HIS SOUL ...not His SPIRIT
quote me YOUR scripture

Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death [separation from God]: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
More BULLLLOGNA [separation from God] in your stinkin thinkin biblical opinion....period....and that's it.

2 Corinthians 5:21
For He has made Him to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.

(see Romans 6:23 - the wages of sin is death)
So, according to YOU, your Jesus has now died spirit soul and body.....I'm sorry YOUR GOD IS DEAD DEAD DEAD.
My Jesus never died in spirit or soul. Only His sinful flesh body died....because THAT was the price for sin from the beginning.

YOUR theology DEMANDS Jesus be sitting in ETERNAL HELL in your place, because THAT IS THE PRICE YOU BELIEVE sin costs. Thank GOD YOU ARE WRONG.

All things are possible with God (except lying), including Jesus experiencing what we would have experienced had we died in our sins and would have been completely separated from God...
You're right BUT BUT BUT back it with a scripture....like I HAVE, and not just a religious rope a dope doctrine like so many are bound with.

HEB 2:17 Therefore he had to be made like his BRETHREN in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make expiation for the sins of the people. 18 For because he himself has suffered and been tempted (transgression), he is able to help those who are tempted (transgressors).

Now you also have 'a clue' how to go back and answer my "iniquity" question based on SCRIPTURE. And if you don't answer that question biblically, along with each of the BIBLE challenges I've given you here, I'd appreciate you not posting me again.

quote me YOUR scripture
Last question which you need to answer right; Just when did you become "like His BRETHREN in every respect". And the answer I want, has nothing to do with 'a day or date'.

YOU ARE THINKING WAY MORE HIGHLY OF YOURSELF THAN YOU OUGHT. Personally I don't believe I am.....IMHO. But if you get off that self righteous horse you keep trying to run me over with....I will dialogue.

And I'm not even going to finish addressing the rest of your post because you have to much garbage on your theological plate to prove wrong, from what I have already presented FROM THE BIBLE!!!!

Last edited:

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
question 1 Do you believe when one chooses to turn away from the Lord to be in opposition to Him and does sin.... they are allowing the the Holy Spirit to lead and guide them?

question 2 Would the Holy Spirit lead someone to sin?

question 3 When one chooses to do sin, are they allowing the Holy Spirit to dwell (live) in them?
I can't answer your questions. Because YOU obviously haven't read, or maybe understood (trying to be nice) what I have presented so far. So read slowly and try to learn what I'm about to share....again.

NOBODY has 'the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD' IN THEM. Not even Jesus had 'the Holy Spirit of God' IN Him. Want scripture? I will give 5 saying He did not, and you give me ONE SCRIPTURE saying HE DID.

MAT 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting UPON him:

MAT 12:18 “Behold, my servant whom I have chosen, my beloved with whom my soul is well pleased. I will put my Spirit UPON him….

The KJV and Weymouth translations both have lower case ‘spirit’. RSV, NAS, NIV, YLT correctly have upper case ‘Spirit’ (of God). If it was “IN him” the lower case would be correctly referring to ‘the holy spirit of Christ’ in Jesus and not ‘the Holy Spirit’ of God (which the bible states is “upon” Jesus).

LUK 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove UPON him,…

LUK 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is UPON me,

JOH 1:32-33 .....I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode UPON him. 33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining ON him,......

Now I'll answer your 3 questions from MY OPINION of scripture as I believe God has taught me.

1. NO!; not the holy spirit of Christ IN them. Not the Holy Spirit of God UPON them.
2. Redundant question, but NO!; Neither spirit of Christ or Spirit of God would.
3. YES! But only the spirit of Christ is IN YOU. And without that spirit of Christ in you, YOU"RE dead.

JAM 2:26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead,...

When Jesus resurrected a little girl from DEATH....it was her NON 'born again' spirit that returned. A born again spirit wasn't even available, because Jesus had never died to even avail us to having His spirit in us.

LUK 8:53 And they laughed at him, knowing that she was dead. 54 But taking her by the hand he called, saying, "Child, arise." 55 And her spirit returned, and she got up at once; and he directed that something should be given her to eat.

I hope you have not just READ everything I've posted in these last two posts to you.... because you have a lot to learn. And you need to ASK more questions, because your side hasn't proven anything yet to me that I haven't heard before in my 51 years. :innocent:

Last edited:
Reactions: St. SteVen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture verses below would not even be in God’s Word if it were not possible for someone to get
born again and fall away from the Lord later and end up being separated from the Lord for eternity in hell

It's sad to hear some folks just can't be bothered with ALL of what God says in His Word as they only believe a few things He says are actually true!

*This indicates that these folks were born again and they had "fallen from grace" because they turn away from trusting in Jesus for their salvation.
Men can lose “their” salvation ONLY Because they did not TAKE “their” salvation!

A man WILL REAP…HAVE…TAKE what he sows..

A man THAT SOWS, TAKES, Gods MAKING him a NEW SPIRIT…SHALL REAP LIFE EVERLASTING!

Galatians 6:7,8

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Everlasting IS FOREVER…and IS NOT receiving a Born Again spirit and Salvation of his soul…AND THEN CAN LOSE IT!

Heed the Warning…Be NOT DECEIVED.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who suffer from OSAS derangement syndrome seem to be wrapped up in SELF promotion, SELF preservation and SELF righteousness. They can't seem to understand God's preservation, (Psalm 37:28) the righteousness of God which is by faith, (Philippians 3:9) and boasting only in Christ. (Galatians 6:14)
they ignore the fact that grace and works do not mix.

Romans 4: 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.
5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
believing is PRESENT TENSE not past tense. Therefore it is not talking about your past tense OSAS spirit upon being 'born again' it's talking about the future tense salvation of your soul/body. But only if you are WALKING according to the leading of that holy "spirit of Christ" IN you. When you aren't, you are not walking in belief, then you're walking in the lie of your sinful flesh nature which will lead to soul and body death on the installment plan
My belief...those who are Born Again ( truly Born again)...the Holy Spirit is at work in us....bringing our flesh under his control.....he doesn’t force us to let go of flesh....once he reveals it to our heart/ Spirit.....then we are without excuses...

Everything is being worked out in our lives, exactly how God planned it.....we are safe in the fact that we have been truly birthed into the vine by God...Through the power of the Holy Spirit.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. NO!; not the holy spirit of Christ IN them. Not the Holy Spirit of God UPON them.
2. Redundant question, but NO!; Neither spirit of Christ or Spirit of God would.
3. YES! But only the spirit of Christ is IN YOU. And without that spirit of Christ in you, YOU"RE dead.
What do you make of this?

Luke 1:41 NIV
When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb,
and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

/

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My belief...those who are Born Again ( truly Born again)...the Holy Spirit is at work in us....bringing our flesh under his control.....he doesn’t force us to let go of flesh....once he reveals it to our heart/ Spirit.....then we are without excuses...

Everything is being worked out in our lives, exactly how God planned it.....we are safe in the fact that we have been truly birthed into the vine by God...Through the power of the Holy Spirit.
My belief...we are triune beings I am a spirit I have a soul and I live in a body, or as Paul said "this earthly tent that I live in". And...those who are "truly born again" are truly saved in their spirit which was not dead needing to be RESURRECTED, but was born anew/again into a higher spiritual plane of "the spirit of Christ in you the HOPE of glory". They don't have 2 spirits in them, they have one because "he that is joined unto the Lord is ONE SPIRIT". They are at that point 1/3 saved.

Only then can they start to "work out the salvation (of their soul) with fear and trembling." Why? Because I can be led of the holy spirit of Christ in me one day, overcoming sin issues (drink smoke cuss) and then I can not be led of the spirit in me, but be temped by "the lust of my flesh, the lust of my eyes and the pride of (fleshly) life)". When that happens I start BACKSLIDING and lose the ground I gained in the salvation of my soul. When I or one of my BRETHREN backslides and lose part of their soul's salvation to sins they once had victory it is US who saves their soul IF they repent.

James 5:19 "My brethren, if any one among you wanders from the truth and some one brings him back,
20* let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

If anyone among us totally overcomes all sin then we will have fully saved our soul (mind will emotions). We do that as we progressively "Put on the mind (soul) of Christ" which came from the leading of the "spirit of Christ IN you". Personally I haven't arrived, but I have left.....and I'm closer than I was 50 years ago. But if anyone does fully work out the salvation of their soul, they would be 2/3 fully saved.

But NObody has a saved body, because that is the salvation we are all still hoping for. And that salvation is, scripturally, the salvation of a glorified spiritual body. because the first body we have is ADAMIC or natural/soulish our saved body will be a SPIRITUAL If you had that salvation upon accepting Jesus your body would not die and end up in HADES just like the unsaved people in the world today.

1CO 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

The salvation of your spirit is your ticket to go to heaven in the hereafter.
The salvation of your soul determines your rewards you get IN heaven.
The salvation of your body will be a glorified spiritual body. And it will be as glorified as was the degree to which you worked out the salvation of your soul from being led by your OSAS spirit .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Only then can they start to "work out the salvation (of their soul) with fear and trembling." Why? Because I can be led of the holy spirit of Christ in me one day, overcoming sin issues (drink smoke cuss) and then I can not be led of the spirit in me, but be temped by "the lust of my flesh, the lust of my eyes and the pride of (fleshly) life)". When that happens I start BACKSLIDING and lose the ground I gained in the salvation of my soul. When I or one of my BRETHREN backslides and lose part of their soul's salvation to sins they once had victory it is US who saves their soul IF they repent
I don’t worry about any of this, as the Holy Spirit is in control of my life...this is where the will of God comes into play...for those who have been predestined according to his plan.

Romans 8:29
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

New Living Translation
For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters

The flesh has to be understood in the Spirit ..as does walking in the Spirit...our learning comes from the Holy Spirit...therefore I REST”in God...he’s in control of my life......

he LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid? 1 Peter 5:6-7Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Psalm 118:6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid.

Our heart must be open for the word of God to penetrate....if it’s full of pride,arrogance,stubbornness...we can’t grow....God’s knows where we are....and without question....he’s most definitely in control.

As we grow and understand the flesh through the Spirit...it will most definitely get less and less....

We are being sanctified by the indwelling Holy Spirit whose at one with him in spirit..one in spirit for me means. @Hillsage

One in spirit means you are comfortable with one another's company. There is a peace that penetrates your presence. Distractions diminish in importance when you experience oneness in spirit. There is an unspoken loyalty that leavens the relationship of those who are one in spirit

1 Corinthians 6:17
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

New Living Translation
But the person who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him.

English Standard Version
But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him.

Berean Standard Bible
But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with Him in spirit.

...he is making us into Jesus image.....it’s the flesh that we battle with...that Old Man..who doesn’t want to die.....God knows exactly how to get that old man/ flesh under control...

That’s my belief.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you make of this?

Luke 1:41 NIV
When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb,
and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

/
That my brother is another whole teaching that these bunnies have never been down the hole on. YOU have peaked down though, if memory serves me from years ago.

In the Greek, the definite article is not in this verse when it says "the Holy Spirit". That was added by translators NOT TRANSLATING but INTERPRETING scripture. And they did so based upon their false indoctrinated teachings from the church of Rome which were filled with error. I'm just going to post a snippet of my 18 page teaching on THE BAPTISM OF HOLY SPIRIT POWER.

SNIPPET
1)
The Holy Spirit is the gift giver, and spiritual power is the gift from the giver.

2) The presence or absence of the definite article (the) in the Greek helps us to determine if scripture is talking about the person (giver) or an action from the person (gift). In this whole lesson I’m sharing, any time you see an underlined the before Spirit or Holy Spirit, in any verse, that always means ‘the definite article’ is in the Greek. And a strikethrough (the) before Spirit or Holy Spirit means the definite article was not in the Greek, but was added by translators who were no longer translating, but interpreting what they think the Greek meant. The presence of this ‘definite article principle’ is confirmed when reading and understanding a Greek English Interlinear bible.

AN ENGLISH EXAMPLE of the book’s teaching:

The Doctor is in his office let’s see if he can doctor that cut for you.

(who the Person is)....compared to.…(what a person does)
END OF THE SNIPPET OF THE TEACHING

Now to answer your post's question.

Elizabeth did not get filled with THE person of THE HOLY SPIRIT, nor did baby John in her womb. But that 'John fetus' was filled with a surge of POWER from THE PERSON of the Holy Spirit causing him to leap.

This is much like how Mary was filled with PRETERNATURAL POWER from THE HOLY SPIRIT when He impregnated the egg, in her womb. The Holy Spirit wasn't in the womb of Mary or the fetus of Jesus. But this was when her fetus received the "spirit of christ" which was in the babe that would be born "Jesus the Christ/Messiah".

LUK 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow/episkiazo thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

1982 episkiazo: to cast a shade upon, i.e. (by anal.) to envelop in a haze of brilliancy; fig. to invest with preternatural influence

OK guys, I can't live on this forum, I'm going to town to fellowship with 'the brethren'....at the coffee shop.

Last edited:
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1) The Holy Spirit is the gift giver, and spiritual power is the gift from the giver.

2) The presence or absence of the definite article (the) in the Greek helps us to determine if scripture is talking about the person (giver) or an action from the person (gift). In this whole lesson I’m sharing, any time you see an underlined the before Spirit or Holy Spirit, in any verse, that always means ‘the definite article’ is in the Greek. And a strikethrough (the) before Spirit or Holy Spirit means the definite article was not in the Greek, but was added by translators who were no longer translating, but interpreting what they think the Greek meant. The presence of this ‘definite article principle’ is confirmed when reading and understanding a Greek English Interlinear bible.
That makes sense, thanks.
Too bad we can't trust our Bibles. (sigh)
Bible study requires debunking the bad translation work.

/

Reactions: Hillsage
Status
Not open for further replies.