Losing Your Salvation - Bible Verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Weren't we spiritually dead before God made us spiritually alive?
Spiritual death is different than physical death, as I understand it.

• Ephesians 2:1
    As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,

• Colossians 2:13
    When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh,
    God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

/
Did Jesus DIE spritually on the cross? No, He did not. His sinful flesh body died and his soul slept/death. Both in the tomb for 3 days. He sent His spirit to the Father from the CROSS. Remember Jesus talking to his disciples who were as dumb as 'the church theology' of today? He kept referring to "Lazarus' sleeps". He knew He was going to WAKE the soul of Lazarus and RESSURECT his dead body.

The disciples figured he was dead dead and would be saved in the resurrection.

JOH 11:12 The disciples said to him, "Lord, if he has fallen asleep, he will recover/SOZO."

4982 sozo: to save, i.e. deliver or protect (lit. or fig.)

Translators did one HELL of a job covering up the definition of SOZO in every translation I know....EXCEPT. :Broadly:

YOUNGS LITERAL TRANSLATION
JOH 11:12 therefore said his disciples, 'Sir, if he hath fallen asleep, he will be saved;'

Reactions: St. SteVen

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus DIE spritually on the cross? No, He did not.
Actually yes he did. He was seperated from the father..
His sinful flesh body died and his soul slept/death. Both in the tomb for 3 days. He sent His spirit to the Father from the CROSS. Remember Jesus talking to his disciples who were as dumb as 'the church theology' of today? He kept referring to "Lazarus' sleeps". He knew He was going to WAKE the soul of Lazarus and RESSURECT his dead body.

The disciples figured he was dead dead and would be saved in the resurrection.

JOH 11:12 The disciples said to him, "Lord, if he has fallen asleep, he will recover/SOZO."

4982 sozo: to save, i.e. deliver or protect (lit. or fig.)

Translators did one HELL of a job covering up the definition of SOZO in every translation I know....EXCEPT. :Broadly:

YOUNGS LITERAL TRANSLATION
JOH 11:12 therefore said his disciples, 'Sir, if he hath fallen asleep, he will be saved;'

Reactions: Ritajanice

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus DIE spritually on the cross? No, He did not. His sinful flesh body died and his soul slept/death. Both in the tomb for 3 days.
Not the way I understand it. What do you make of this?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where was Jesus for three days before his resurrection from the dead?

Matthew 12:40
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish,
so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Note: Christ was laid in an above ground tomb. Where is the heart of the earth?

Answer: the realm of the dead

Ephesians 4:8-10
This is why it says: “When he ascended on high, he took many captives and gave gifts to his people.”
9 (What does “he ascended” mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions?
10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.)

1 Peter 3:18-20
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.
He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.
19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits
20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah
while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,

1 Peter 4:6 NRSV
For this is the reason the gospel was proclaimed even to the dead, so that,
though they had been judged in the flesh as everyone is judged, they might live in the spirit as God does.

Romans 14:9
For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He kept referring to "Lazarus' sleeps". He knew He was going to WAKE the soul of Lazarus and RESSURECT his dead body.
Are you saying that you believe in soul sleep?
That physical death is unconscious nonexistence?

/

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually yes he did. He was seperated from the father..
Online commentary.

Which I can 100% relate to.

Jesus’ cry, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Mark 15:34) has puzzled many. Jesus is actually quoting the opening line of Psalm 22 and using it to express His deep agony on the cross. He is suffering the penalty for our sin, in our place.

The penalty for sin is death (Romans 6:23). Death includes two dimensions—physical and spiritual. Physical death is the separation of the spirit from the body. Spiritual death is the separation of the spirit from God. Since Jesus was dying for our sin as our substitute, He was experiencing the agony of separation from His Father. It was the agony of hell.

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your theology is flawed, imo/belief.

I have posted scripture stating this.that a Born Again can never lose their salvation..providing they have been birthed in the spirit.no good flogging a dead horse...so at the moment I will leave it there.
Your posting has been wrongly interpreted. Many cautions warn us to be careful and not loose our crowns.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your posting has been wrongly interpreted. Many cautions warn us to be careful and not loose our crowns.
A Born Again who has been “ Birthed in the Spirit “ can NEVER lose their salvation.

Unfortunately, it is “ YOU” who isn’t understanding the “ LIVING “ word of God.

Only God can birth you in the Spirit ...which is “ Alive” .....it’s a “ Living “ Spiritual birth.....an experience you would NEVER forget....because it came from the Living word of God.

Which can NEVER be erased....a testifying with our spirit that we are his children/ Born Again....Mind Blowing...the testifying can only come from the Holy Spirit...he testifies His Living Truth to our spirit.

Romans 8
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Walking by the Spirit
(Ezekiel 36:16–38; Galatians 5:16–26)
1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.a2For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set youb free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin.c He thus condemned sin in the flesh, 4so that the righteous standard of the law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace,7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the fleshd cannot please God.
9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alivee because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the deadf will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.
Heirs with Christ
12Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation, but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
15For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17And if we are children, then we are heirs: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ—if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified with Him.
Future Glory
(2 Corinthians 5:1–10)
18I consider that our present sufferings are not comparable to the glory that will be revealed in us. 19The creation waits in eager expectation for the revelation of the sons of God. 20For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will, but because of the One who subjected it, in hope 21that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.
22We know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until the present time. 23Not only that, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved; but hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he can already see? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet see, we wait for it patiently.
26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know how we ought to pray, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans too deep for words. 27And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
God Works in All Things
(Ephesians 1:3–14)
28And we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose. 29For those God foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified.
31What then shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also, along with Him, freely give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34Who is there to condemn us? For Christ Jesus, who died, and more than that was raised to life, is at the right hand of God—and He is interceding for us.
More than Conquerors
(Psalm 44:1–26)
35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or distress or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:
“For Your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”g
37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Born Again who has been “ Birthed in the Spirit “ can NEVER lose their salvation.

Unfortunately, it is “ YOU” who isn’t understanding the “ LIVING “ word of God.

Only God can birth you in the Spirit ...which is “ Alive” .....it’s a “ Living “ Spiritual birth.....an experience you would NEVER forget....because it came from the Living word of God.

Which can NEVER be erased....a testifying with our spirit that we are his children/ Born Again....Mind Blowing...the testifying can only come from the Holy Spirit...he testifies His Living Truth to our spirit.
Your position makes no common sense.
The Bible tells us in many ways to be careful and not loose our way.
If we can't loose our....... born again status.......then why does God have to give us unlimited times of sin forgiveness? One time would be all we need....right?....does that make sense.?
Further...why does the Lord's prayer contain a daily inclusion of...forgive us of our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.....?
Why does scriptures tell us to ..."maintain (righteousness) until the end (death/2nd advent)?
There are many other references.
You have shown no scriptures(s) that support you position.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Upon final Judgment if we are found wanting we can be relegated to eternal damnation ..that is spiritual death.
Spiritual death...is being in sin and alienated from God.

Spiritual Life..is when we are “ Birthed in the Spirit “..

You must be “ Born Again “ to see the Kingdom of God.

It’s a spiritual birth...which can only be given by God, through the Holy Spirit.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well it wouldn’t....because it was said in the Spirit...

Lose your way...who hasn’t lost their way?

Who brings us back to God’s truth?

We have a living relationship with God through the Holy Spirit..yes?

He is in our spirit, permanently..yes?

How would we know he’s in our spirit, never ever to leave?
If we can't loose our....... born again status.......then why does God have to give us unlimited times of sin forgiveness? One time would be all we need....right?....does that make sense.?
It wouldn’t...because it was said in the Spirit....

Which you obviously aren’t understanding....what I post is scriptural...

You are understanding it in your own understanding, you need to ask God to lead you through the Bible by the Holy Spirit.

You can’t lead yourself ..you must be birthed in the Spirit to understand God’s word.

1 Corinthians 2:14​

14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

Everything I post I can back up with scripture.

So ask..I’m going out..will be back later if you would like me to back up what I say...by the Living word of God.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Losing Your Salvation - Bible Verses​

Ahhhhh, holey pockets; who would have thought!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Upon final Judgment if we are found wanting we can be relegated to eternal damnation ..that is spiritual death.
there is not a question if anyone will be found wanting. For all have sinned and fall short of Gods standard.

if we are left to our own, we will be delivered and suffer the second deth

If we come To God and are born again, we will not be present at that judgment, we will be judged for our works. And either recieve reward or see our reward burnt in fire. But we ourselves will still be saved, even as through fire

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Further...why does the Lord's prayer contain a daily inclusion of...forgive us of our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.....?
Why does scriptures tell us to ..."maintain (righteousness) until the end (death/2nd advent)?
There are many other references.
We can;t lose our born gain status

Jesus said when we are born again we will never perish, and have eternal life.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus DIE spritually on the cross? No, He did not.

You should pay closer attention when you read your bible.... Jesus specifically stated while hanging on the Cross that the Father had forsaken Him:

Matthew 27:46 (also see Psalm 22)
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Jesus indicates that... the Father had forsaken Him, which is being separated from God (spiritual death). Very obviously not because Jesus did anything wrong, but because He is being forsaken in our place suffering what we would have suffered had we died in our sin. This is literally what it means to be the Lamb of God and be the offering for our sin.

Isaiah 53:10-12
Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin
[spirit is inside the soul], he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death [separation from God]: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

2 Corinthians 5:21
For He has made Him to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.

(see Romans 6:23 - the wages of sin is death)

All things are possible with God (except lying), including Jesus experiencing what we would have experienced had we died in our sins and would have been completely separated from God...

This is what Jesus Christ experienced as He tasted of death for every man (see Hebrews 2:9) which also says Jesus was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death.

But, Jesus never became corrupt and suffered satan having dominion over Him in Hell as some have taught and claimed in error (see scriptures below)

Acts 2:27 (see Psalm 16:10)
Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption

1 Peter 3:19
By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Weren't we spiritually dead before God made us spiritually alive?
Spiritual death is different than physical death, as I understand it.

• Ephesians 2:1
    As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,

• Colossians 2:13
    When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh,
    God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

/
Spiritual death is a term invented by those trying to understand what happened in the Garden when God said "in the DAY that you eat you will surely die." Well they obviously didn't drop dead physically so theologians ASSUMED they must have died spiritually. But that assumption isn't scriptural.

I'll back the soul dying and the body/flesh dying.

EZE 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sins shall die.

ROM 8:11 and if the Spirit of Him who did raise up Jesus out of the dead doth dwell in you, He who did raise up the Christ out of the dead shall quicken also your dying bodies, through His sSpirit dwelling in you.

So do you believe that every one who sins has a dead soul? What is your definition of the soul? Is it a MIND WILL EMOTIONS (functioning BRAIN?). Or does that scripture mean your soul has a FUTURE DEATH SENTENCE on it?

And do you believe everyone HAD a dead body before receiving the spirit of Christ which dwells in us after our spirit is REBORN and NOT RESURRECTED?

GEN 2:17* But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

The Companion Study Bible says this verse is better understood in the Hebrew as "in DYING thou SHALT SURELY DIE". It does not mean they died in the 24 hr day that they ate. They received the 'death sentence' the instant they ate on the day that they ate.

NOW show me ONE verse that says a spirit can die, I've never found one. HELL doesn't even get your spirit.

MAT 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can we really apply the term MORTAL to anything outside the physical realm?
Meaning, we can be dead spiritually?

/
What is the definition of MORTAL? Something that is "subject to death" or has the capacity to DIE. I just showed you that the soul can die and the body can die.

"MAT 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell/gehenna.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So do you believe that every one who sins has a dead soul?

Do you believe when one chooses to turn away from the Lord to be in opposition to Him and does sin.... they are allowing the the Holy Spirit to lead and guide them?

Would the Holy Spirit lead someone to sin?

When one chooses to do sin, are they allowing the Holy Spirit to dwell (live) in them?

Status
Not open for further replies.