Losing Your Salvation - Bible Verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If i am in Christ I have been made new, I am a new creation. The old has gone. There is no more old me.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Exactly... unless one does not separate themselves from the world anc continues in sin or goes back to living in sin.

Those that do that are NOT accepted by the Lord!

2 Corinthians 6:16,17
And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God; as God has said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people....Therefore come out from among them, and be separate, says the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. (in the OT see: Exodus 29:45-46, Ezekiel 37:27)

The Father's purpose for creating mankind was / is to be with us, and share Himself with us!
(see: 2 Corinthians 6:16,17, Ezekiel 37:27, Leviticus 26:12, Zechariah 2:10-11, Psalms 68:17-18, Isaiah 12:6, Psalm 46:4-7, Revelations 21:3, Luke 1:68, John 1:10-14, Ephesians 2:7)

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 10:28-30​

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.”

And, this should be read right along side other things Jesus said... where He said there are things believers can do that will result in them being lost

Matthew 10:32,33
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 6:14,15

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

John 15:1,2
I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

John 15:5

If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And, this should be read right along side other things Jesus said... where He said there are things believers can do that will result in them being lost

Matthew 10:32,33
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 6:14,15

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
Why do you think it is better to dwell on the negative than the glorious positives.

Reactions: mailmandan

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly... unless one does not separate themselves from the world anc continues in sin or goes back to living in sin.
True born of the Spirit Christians are separated from the world not by their own efforts but by God placing his Holy spirit in us.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you think it is better to dwell on the negative than the glorious positives.

God placed warning in His Word... those that ignore His warnings do so at their own peril AND they easily fall pray to the devil's false doctrine because they only accept part of what God says.

It's like buying a car with no transmission and 2 wheels missing... they don't have the whole car.

True born of the Spirit Christians are separated from the world not by their own efforts but by God placing his Holy spirit in us.

UNLESS one does not separate themselves from the world and continues in sin or goes back to living in sin... which is open rebellion against God

1 Timothy 4:1,2
Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron

("depart from the faith" is not referring to sinners in the world who never came to faith in the first place)

Jude 1:17-21
Remember the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

These are those who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
But you, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

("those who separate themselves" is not referring to sinners in the world who were never joined unto the Lord in the first place)

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture verses below would not even be in God’s Word if it were NOT possible for someone to get
born again and fall away from the Lord later and end up being separated from the Lord for eternity in hell

It's sad to hear some folks just can't be bothered with ALL of what God says in His Word as they only believe a few things He says are actually true!

1 Corinthians 9:27
I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Castaway (G0096 in Strong's) = unapproved, rejected, worthless, reprobate.

This is the same greek word used in Romans 1:28 when the Lord turned those over to a reprobate mind who refused retain God in their knowledge and walk with Him.

This means, Paul believed that if he did not control himself and went back to walking after the fleshm HE would be unapproved, rejected, worthless, reprobate!

Obviously the Apostle Paul did not believe in "once saved, always saved" aka "eternal security"

James 5:19,20
Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Let him know, that he which converts the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
*By addressing this to “brethren” we know this is speaking to believers who turned from the truth and if they are converted back to the truth, the soul of the person that had fallen away is being saved from spiritual death which is separation from God.

Colossians 1:21-23
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
IF ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven.

*A condition is given here to be righteous before the Lord which is IF we continue in the faith.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endures to the end shall be saved.

Jude 1:5,6
I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

*If once saved always saved was true, then the Lord would not be speaking thru Jude to put us in remembrance about what happened to those that quit believing (turned their backs on the Lord to live in opposition to Him which is to live in sin).

*If angels having been created perfect turn away from the Lord and be separated from Him forever, we would experience the same. Thankfully, the Lord has provided a way for man to confess and forsake sin in order to receive mercy (see Proverbs 28:13), but if we continue in our sin we will not have mercy due having turned away from the Lord

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils
*This is speaking of those that were once in the faith having become born again believers and later turned away from the Lord.

Hebrews 10:26
For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins

*If we knowing and willing continue in sin, Jesus’ sacrifice on the Cross is no longer applicable and there will be no new sacrifice for sin forthcoming other than what Jesus has already done at the Cross. One must cease from sin for the work of Christ to be applicable to them.

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

*One must cease from sin for the work of Christ to be applicable to them.

1 Corinthians 6:9,10
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21:7,8
He that overcomes shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be My son. (abide In Christ!)
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers (man whores), and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (These things, and all sin, must be confessed and forsaken to avoid going to hell!)

Romans 1:28-32
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Ezekiel 18:26,27
When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, and commits iniquity, and dies in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.
Again, when the wicked man turns away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.

Ezekiel 18:20 (see Romans 8:13)
The soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Ezekiel 18:
But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Ezekiel 33:13
When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it

Galatians 6:7,8
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
If someone chooses to focus only on the 1st step of knowing God by salvation, going NO FURTHER into maturing in God by the study of the word in the Holy Spirit; they then stunt God's plan for them, the HS and their own growth in God!

To be as the Pharisee, standing before God claiming to be," O, so righteous bc I am born again, ect., ect.",ONLY, does NOT make one a child of God. They must then take up their cross and FOLLOW CHRIST in the word!
John 14:21
“He that hath my commandments, and KEEPETH them, he it IS THAT LOVETH ME: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, AND WILL MANIFEST MYSELF UNTO HIM.”

Many do lip -service in front of the world & Christendom, yet their heart is FAR from God. They have NOT been born again in both heart & mind but are deceiving themselves. Therefore they have NO FEAR to work out their own salvation. Working OUT from the point of salvation is growing in the knowledge of God!

If one refuses to remain in the vine, God will NOT force one to do so. To say we have zero choice in the matter is to call God a liar. The word of God is truth and ever MAN a liar !

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To say we have zero choice in the matter is to call God a liar

And this is what the OSAS peoples do all the time.

They look at the happy scriptures that promise eternal life and of course those are all true... problem is, they stop right there and ignore the rest of what God's Word teaches concerning salvation!

This is why raising awareness of OSAS being false doctrine is so important because literally there are people's eternal destiny weighing in the balance!

OSAS teaching is a stumbling block for so many because it is greasy grace, a license so sin, a green light to let yo freak flag fly!

Because, the OSAS peoples keep telling everybody that it's not possible to lose your salvation and many people hear that and think it's OK to keep living in whatever their favorite sin is and it's all good up in tha hood!

And, the devil's over there laughing at how easy it is to deceive all these people since the answers are in God's Word... 'ol slewfoot to keep pushing his Cherry Pickers Syndrome (CPS) on the OSAS peoples so they'll get the word out that all we need to do is look at a handful of happy verses and ignore the rest of God's Word.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

And this is what the OSAS peoples do all the time @Big Boy Johnson says.......I say how come you left all of these verses of scripture below out.....LOL​

If one believes they can lose their salvation..once they have received the rebirth/ birthed in the Spirit/ Born Again...we’re talking a living spiritual birth here.​

Were they / are they truly Born Again?
As I say down below...why do they NEVER want to talk about what it means to be spiritually birthed ?

I have also noticed those who profess losing their salvation....never ever want to talk about being Born Again..and what it actually means?.......any Born Again in my opinion...Loves talking about being Born Again and what it means....

We are led through the Bible by the Holy Spirit, how can anyone understand his “Living word” Without the Holy Spirit leading and guiding them through God’s word.

You Sir..have answered not one of my questions on that subject ....neither has another....it just begs the question, Before you can grow and mature in the Spirit....you must be supernaturally “ Birthed in the Spirit??

You can’t grow in your own spirit....You need the Living word of God..in your spirit/ Born Again.​

Lip service is what I see , nothing from the Spirit of God...all in my opinion and belief.

As everyone else’s comments are only their opinion and belief.

God tells the truth and keeps His promises.​

Titus 1:2 “In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;”

Belief births you into God’s family.​

John 1:12 “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:”

Jesus promised you would not perish.​

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

You are not condemned (reserved for destruction).​

John 3:18 “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”

You currently have everlasting life.​

John 3:36 “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”

You passed from death unto life.​

John 5:24 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

Jesus will not cast you out for any reason.​

John 6:37 “All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.”

Jesus knows His sheep.​

John 10:27 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:”

Jesus gave you eternal life.​

John 10:28 “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”

You are in Jesus’ hand and no one can get you out.​

John 10:28b “neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”

The Father placed His hand over the Son’s and no one is more powerful than Him.​

John 10:29 “My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.”

The combined strength of God the Father and God the Son is protecting your soul.​

John 10:30 “I and my Father are one.”

Jesus promised that you would never die.​

John 11:25–26 “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?”

God is your Father.​

Romans 8:15 “For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”

You are two-fold the Child of God; by birth and by adoption.​

Romans 8:15 “For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”

The Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit reminding us that we are saved.​

Romans 8:16 “The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:”

God is the Judge of the soul and He already gave you His verdict.​

Romans 8:31–33 “What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth.”

Jesus Christ is at the right hand of the Father making intercession for us.​

Romans 8:34 “Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.”

Nothing can separate you from the love of Christ.​

Romans 8:35–39 “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

You are a new Creature.​

2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”

You are made righteous in Christ.​

2 Corinthians 5:21 “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”

You are sealed with the Holy Spirit.​

Ephesians 1:13–14 “In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.”

You are saved by grace through faith not by works.​

Ephesians 2:8–9 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

You are kept by the power of God.​

1 Peter 1:5 “Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.”

You are a citizen of Heaven.​

Philippians 3:20 “For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:”

You are seated in Heavenly places.​

Ephesians 2:6 “And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:”

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

You are kept by the power of God.​

1 Peter 1:5 “Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.”
Online commentary.

God is guarding our inheritance, and He is guarding us from anything that might cause our inheritance—our eternal life with Him forever—to be lost. The Greek term used in this verse is phrouroumenous, a military term, also translated as "shielded," "kept," or "protected." We are being guarded by God's power

My words ..HALLELUJAH and Praise God!!....His LIVING word NEVER LIES....unlike human words...which are full of deceit and lies...all in my opinion and belief.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 Timothy 4:1,2
Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron
Those who depart from the faith , were NEVER Born Again in the first place.

You tell me this..how can a Born Again who has been birthed in the Spirit/ Born Again...give heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils.....when GODS SEED IS IN US...???

When they have the Spirit of God in them??

Show me in scripture where a Born Again can do this?....imo, you are speaking in the flesh and not the Spirit...which we all can do from time to time.

1 John 3:9
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

New Living Translation
Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God.

English Standard Version
No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Berean Standard Bible
Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Berean Literal Bible
Anyone having been born of God does not practice sin, because His seed abides in him, and he is not able to continue sinning, because he has been born of God.

King James Bible
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

New King James Version
Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

New American Standard Bible
No one who has been born of God practices sin, because His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin continually, because he has been born of God.

John.6 Verses 37 to 40​

1. [37] All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.[38] For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.[39] And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.[40] And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can ppl NOT understand, salvation was / is secured by Jesus D,B,& R, it is a gift of God to whosoever WILL, by OUR acceptance. It is not an entitlement he owed unto us.

It was however, the only acceptable payment for our sin debt, without spot nor blemish, blameless; that we could NEVER pay bc of our sin nature, but that was required to give us a relationship with God

That does not mean we cannot therefore reject such a gift as well at anytime we so choose. God does not force us to accept him nor his gift nor remain faithful but said,
Revelation 2:10.....................
be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.” This is our only security ; OUR FAITHFULNESS TO HIM UNTO DEATH!

We must abide in the vine, for it is from HIM, we receive what we need to know of the Father.

1 John 2:3-6 KJV
He that saith, I KNOW HIM,AND KEEPETH NOT his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso KEEPERH his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: HEREBY know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Romans 8:14-16

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

I am an adopted child of God with all the benefits that brings. I am a joint heir with Jesus who I count as a a brother. I can not be unadopted although if I go wrong I may have to endure consequences, But being a New Creation the old me has gone.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Romans 8:14-16

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

I am an adopted child of God with all the benefits that brings. I am a joint heir with Jesus who I count as a a brother. I can not be unadopted although if I go wrong I may have to endure consequences, But being a New Creation the old me has gone.
Excellent..Amen!!!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, for starters.... do you believe the Apostle Paul was a born again Christian???

1 Corinthians 9:27
I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Castaway (G0096 in Strong's) = unapproved, rejected, worthless, reprobate.

This is the same greek word used in Romans 1:28 when the Lord turned those over to a reprobate mind who refused retain God in their knowledge and walk with Him.

This means, Paul believed that if he did not control himself and went back to walking after the fleshm HE would be unapproved, rejected, worthless, reprobate!

Obviously the Apostle Paul did not believe in "once saved, always saved" aka "eternal security"
Yes, I believe Paul was a born again Christian.

When he spoke of being rejected after testing (translated here "reprobate"), you assign that to mean that he would have lost his rebirth, becoming unsaved. However that puts you in direct contradiction to both Paul and John, in these passages:

Colossians 3:1-4 KJV
1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

1 John 3:1-3 KJV
1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

In both of these passages, a clear and plain statement is made that those who have been born again - as I believe Paul was - will remain to be with Jesus when He appears in glory, and will remain to be transformed to be like Him when He appears.

You shall appear with Him in glory. You shall be like Him when you see Him. If these simple statements are shown false then the Bible is simply not true. But what about Corinthians, being reprobate?

Again, this means being rejected after testing. The "testing" isn't specified, as you've posted that particular verse but not more context.

1 Corinthians 9:22-27 KJV
22) To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
23) And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.
24) Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
25) And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
26) I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
27) But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

"Castaway", that is, adokimos, the negation of dokimos, "accepted after assay", that is, tested and approved. Castaway, reprobate, "tested and rejected".

So the question is, what is rejected, and what results from this rejection? This word is used in contexts such as a reprobate mind, reprobate concerning the faith, reprobate works. What is the context here?

Paul is here speaking of his efforts to bring others to Christ, and then goes on to compare this to a contest, and how the athlete strives for their crown. He too is seeking a crown, a better crown, and is harsh on himself, not like he's just "air-boxing", not a tentative runner, but he's harsh on his body, making it his slave, so that after preaching to others, he is not himself rejected.

Is he speaking here of his salvation, his rebirth? Or is he speaking of the reward of his ministry, that is, the effectual salvation of those to whom he preached, his crown?

1 Thessalonians 2:19 KJV
For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?

However we are to interpret this passage, we know that it won't contradict passages such as,

1 John 3:1-3 KJV
1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture verses below would not even be in God’s Word if it were not possible for someone to get
born again and fall away from the Lord later and end up being separated from the Lord for eternity in hell

None of these passages will, in when we actually look at them, none of them will actually teach that the born again may die again. Not one. They will all turn out to be out of context, misapplied, or interpreted with presuppostions not found in the Bible.

For instance,

Who wouldn't agree with this? It's one of those plainly stated passages. If a man does not abide in Christ, he is cast forth as a branch.

The presuppostion is that the man once had abided in Christ, and then doesn't.

I don't abide in Russian. If any man abide not in Russia . . . he is not a Russian, we could say. I don't abide in Russia, I'm not a Russian. Let's not presuppose things in Scripture when we seek to interpret, and inadvertantly contradict things that are plain in other places.

I've spent years going through everyone's list that they put together, and as a result have become more convinced then ever of the reality of our permanent rebirth.

Much love!

Reactions: mailmandan

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question rather should be , what do we call negative and what we do consider postive .
For many believe the warnings to be negative . WHEN IN FACT every WORD OF GOD IS POSTIIVE and for our good .
Dwelling on EVERY WORD OF GOD , IS GOOD . AND DARN GOOD FOR OUR SOUL TOO .
From every warning , every word . YES even exposing sin IS GOOD . Too many now follow
a wacked out love of this world and it calleth positive things that are not true and calls negative teachings OF GOD , OF CHRIST
and of the apostels . AINT A WORD OF GOD NEGATIVE , NAYSAYING or DOOMSDAY . ITS ALL GOOD . EVERY WORD
EVERY SINGEL WORD OF THE LORD and that HE DID INSPIRE IS WONDERFUL GOOD FOR THE LAMBS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of these passages will, in when we actually look at them, none of them will actually teach that the born again may die again. Not one. They will all turn out to be out of context, misapplied, or interpreted with presuppostions not found in the Bible.

For instance,

Who wouldn't agree with this? It's one of those plainly stated passages. If a man does not abide in Christ, he is cast forth as a branch.

The presuppostion is that the man once had abided in Christ, and then doesn't.

I don't abide in Russian. If any man abide not in Russia . . . he is not a Russian, we could say. I don't abide in Russia, I'm not a Russian. Let's not presuppose things in Scripture when we seek to interpret, and inadvertantly contradict things that are plain in other places.

I've spent years going through everyone's list that they put together, and as a result have become more convinced then ever of the reality of our permanent rebirth.

Much love!
Not all who lip the name of JESUS CHRIST are HIS . THAT my friend you already know well .
yet why is it often men of OSAS disregaurd the fact that paul even warns and warned the church
YE MUST CONTINUE IN HIM , HIS GOODNESS OR YOU TOO WILL BE CAST OUT .
WHY , WHY did they LIKE JESUS warn and remind the church YE MUST CONTINUE .
KNOWN UNTO GOD ARE ALL THINGS . SO WHEN folks start trying to omit certain warnings or reminders
EXPECT DESTRUCTION . THEY KNEW BY THE GRACE OF GOD HOW TO KEEP the CHURCH safe .
I suggest we take heed to ALL REMINDERS . KNOWING THAT IN JESUS CHRIST WE TRULY DO HAVE ETERNAL LIFE
and THAT WE INDEED MUST CONTINUE IN HIM TO THE END . ITS NOT ASIN nor error TO REMIND THE CHRUCH
YOU MUST CONTINUE IN HIM TO THE END and that IF YOU DONT YOU WILL BE CAST OUT .
IF IT IS A SIN TO WARN the CHURCH OF THIS , THEN FOLKS accuse JESUS WHO SAID IT FIRST
and later even the apostels who said it of being IN SIN cause they TOO REMINDED THE CHURCH TO DO SO .
THIS IS WHY I GO AFTER OSAS . NOT because they say IF ONE comes out they were never truly of us , CAUSE THAT IS TRUE
but because they have taken off with REMINDERS THAT THE CHURCH NEEDS to BE REMINDED ABOUT .
SOMETHING went dead wrong . I KNOW with ZERO DOUBT
that to be saved ITS ALL ABOUT HAVING FAITH *IN JESUS CHRIST . that it was not andis not my works that saved me .
I JUST happen to TRUST IN JESUS . AND IF HE OR THE APOSTLES were DILIGENT TO WARN
and to remind the church about the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON HIM , TO CONTINUE IN HIM , OR ELSE
THEN WE NEED TO DO SO AS WELL . may that SINK IN .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can ppl NOT understand, salvation was / is secured by Jesus D,B,& R, it is a gift of God to whosoever WILL, by OUR acceptance. It is not an entitlement he owed unto us.

It was however, the only acceptable payment for our sin debt, without spot nor blemish, blameless; that we could NEVER pay bc of our sin nature, but that was required to give us a relationship with God

That does not mean we cannot therefore reject such a gift as well at anytime we so choose. God does not force us to accept him nor his gift nor remain faithful but said,
Revelation 2:10.....................
be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.” This is our only security ; OUR FAITHFULNESS TO HIM UNTO DEATH!

We must abide in the vine, for it is from HIM, we receive what we need to know of the Father.

1 John 2:3-6 KJV
He that saith, I KNOW HIM,AND KEEPETH NOT his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso KEEPERH his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: HEREBY know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
You will see a huge difference between JESUS CHRIST , the apostels and todays osas mindset .
For example . IF i come reminding the church YE must continue in JESUS CHRIST to the end or ELSE
THEY accuse me of having no trust in JESUS .
YET BOTH JESUS AND THE APOSTELS ALL WARNED BELIEVERS ABOUT THIS . IF THEY WARNED adn REMINDED
THEN WE OUGHT to warn and to remind .
YET today if i say For we are made patakers of CHRIST if we hold our confidence firm to the END
THAT AINT TRUSTING IN JESUS .
YET PAUL who I KNOW TRUSTED IN JESUS warned the church .
JESUS warned his own about having to endure FAITHFUL TO HIM TO THE END .
PAUL and others did
THEN FROM HEAVEN we see the same warnings and reminders given to the chruches .
NOW IF JESUS WARNED ON EARTH AND FROM HEAVEN
and if the apostels warned while on earth . WHY IS IT SUCH SIN to do so today
WHY IS IT NOW SEEN as NOT TRUSTING IN JESUS TO DO THIS . RATHER ODD when you think about it .
CAUSE IF WE TRUSTED IN JESUS , AND HE SAID IT , WE WOULD HAVE SIMPLY BELEIVED IT . That is my point .

Status
Not open for further replies.