Losing Your Salvation - Bible Verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First you posted this. (by grace, not works)
its funny how people acknowledge they are saved by grace then turn around and keep themselves saved by works.

an oxymoron. :)

Paul calls that the cursed Judaizers in Galatians 1 with an anathema.
Then you posted this. (no works = no salvation)
Ezekiel 36:27
And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes and to carefully observe My ordinances

Saved by Gods grace and He will cause you to walk in His ways and obey Him. Saved by grace and kept by that same grace. If one doesn't then its proof they were never saved in the first place otherwise it makes God a liar above.

The same is true below and this happened at Pentecost.

Isaiah 59:21
"As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit will not depart from you, and My words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth or from the mouths of your children and grandchildren, from now on and forevermore," says the LORD

hope this helps !!!
Seems to be a contradiction here. Can you clarify? Thanks.

What was the result of no works here? Salvation, or no salvation?

1 Corinthians 3:15 NIV
If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context here is... if one lives after the flesh, they shall DIE spiritually and be separated from the Lord.
For all your bluster and badmouthing, you didn't actually respond to what I wrote. I'm not interested in that sort of discussion, so thanks but no thanks.

Much love!

Reactions: Ritajanice

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all that you write, imo, you write of your own accord.

Those suffering from acute Cherry Pickers Syndrome wouldn't understand seeing how they only believe in and accept only a few happy verses that agree with their preconceived ideas and ignore or explain away the rest of God's Words.

Those that are truly born again by the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ love and accept ALL that the Lord has to say so I get it... some just don't want to hear ALL of what the Lord has to say

Your understanding and interpretation of scripture...imo, is flawed

It's a good thing I'm going by what God says and not your "opinion" which is based on bits and pieces of what the Lord says rather than the whole counsel of God. Those that refuse to look at the whole picture have faulty "opinions". Enjoy.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. Sadly, OSAS come up with rationalizations such as this.

They parse being a believer, being saved from not really being so to invoke a kind of ex post facto.

They deny one can be on a diet and then eat cake, indicating they are no longer on a diet. They say if you eat cake, it means you were never on a diet before.
Well lets examine what paul said and wrote to the church .
Shall we sin , GOD forbid . Dont ye know that to WHOM you do yield yourselves subjects to OBEY
THAT IS WHO YE BELONG TOO , That is whose ye ARE .
Paul never once preached as i see many now preaching .
Visualize this . Visualize what i am about to say next .
IF one was overweight and i came and hollered Come and sit under me and i shall put you on a diet
on which ye shall indeed Lose the weight you desire to lose .
So i begin to teach them , Do NOT partake of these foods high in fats , in sugars , in carbs .
And i show them the food to eat like healthy whole foods
and i tell them to get up and exercise as well . WOULD THEY NOT HAVE LOST WEIGHT .
But here is the problem .
Their are many vendors who are promising them the same thing .
THEY holler come and sit under us and let us put you on a diet .
THEN then stand and tell the crowds , HEY SINCE YOU CAME TO ME
and listened to me , YOU ARE NOW FREE TO EAT as much cake , sugar , candy and junk
YOU ARE FREE to do so and ye will lose weight . TELL ME , WHAT man is gonna believe that .
NO ONE WOULD .
SO NOW i bring us to a far more dire important reminder , and a DIET by which if a man do eat
HE has eternal life .
BELIEVE YE IN THE BIBLICAL JESUS and HIS EVERY WORD , and the words of the apostels .
And yet , many had rather sit under men
who instead of preaching JESUS CHRIST WHO SETS MEN FREE FROM THE POWER OF SIN and OF SIN AND DEATH
and rather under a jesus who says COME YE NOW TO ME and ye are FREE TO SIN . NOT FROM SIN . TO SIN .
AND that AINT JESUS CHRIST . NO SIR , NO SIR .
IF our JESUS dont say things like GO AND SIN NO MORE
but rather giveth the idea oh ..............YE ARE FREE , YE ARE FREE and seems to overlook sins and errors .
I TELL US ALL IT IS NOT JESUS CHRIST , it cometh of men of the dragon . confused men .
COnfused men who never KNEW THE TRUE POWER OF GOD , THE TRUE GOSPEL .
Cause HAD THEY KNOW JESUS CHRIST , WELL THEIR HEARTS WOULD HAVE BIG TIME BEEN CHANGED .
GOD truly saved one of the worst when HE saved me . I was one dirty vile creature .
LETS NOT EVER FORGET that HE SURE CHANGED MY HEART , THE DIRECTION I WAS HEADED , THE LOVE FOR SIN I ONCE HAD .
MANY DO NOT KNOW THIS GOD OR CHRIST . THEY have come to another god and another christ .
AND THAT ONE WONT SAVE THEM . IT SIMPLY CANNOT SAVE THEM . FOR Its father is the DRAGON
who has fed them their hearts desires and given them a version of , an image of , both GOD and CHRIST
THAT SERVETH THE FLESH . AND THAT AINT GOD , AND THAT AINT CHRIST . OPEN BIBLES and read and read and read
is all i can tell folks now .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 36:27
And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes and to carefully observe My ordinances

Saved by Gods grace and He will cause you to walk in His ways and obey Him. Saved by grace and kept by that same grace. If one doesn't then its proof they were never saved in the first place otherwise it makes God a liar above.

The same is true below and this happened at Pentecost.

Isaiah 59:21
"As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit will not depart from you, and My words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth or from the mouths of your children and grandchildren, from now on and forevermore," says the LORD

hope this helps !!!
WELL SAID My dear friend . Now lets put this to the test . Allow this flea a few questions .
So what if one cometh and preaches this jesus to us .
YE are free , rejoice ye are free and yet has used that freedom
to give an idea its okay to sin . OR rather even they call things like gay marriage
LOVE . DO YA REALLY THINK THEY KNOW GOD or CHRIST .
OR what if one steps up hollering GOD IS LOVE , which we know he is , And yet uses a love
that honors some sins . and calls GOOD what GOD HIMSELF has called an abomination .
DO YA really think they KNOW SERVE LOVE GOD OR CHRIST . OR
or has this happend . THEY have come to another version of god , of jesus , of love
one that is of the world and will call evil good and good evil . WE BETTER WATCH OUT
and we had BETTER be on gaurd too .
Cause over ninety five percent , OR HIGHER , of christendom is already under to , SOME degree at least ,
The false all inclusive , non correcting , all accepting , WELL LEST IT BE BIBLICAL TRUTH they correct THAT as though its not for us .
ITS A LIE FROM HELL my friend , or rather i should say its a lie from the dragon who is destined already to the lake of fire .
THE VERY DRAGON that ol serpent who has always said , HAS GOD REALLY SAID
and then found a way AROUND what GOD had said in order to cause men to DISOBEY , NOT BELIEVE what GOD has said .
MEN are deceiving and that by massive number now , the flocks within christendom .
WE GOT US WAMBS IN THE HOUSE my friend . THEY come in and came in as though they were OF US
and were naught but agents of the dragon . THIS IS REAL and its HIGH TIME we got DUG IN THE SCRIPTURES for ourselves .
Cause , cause oh dear , oh me oh my , FINDING a solid teacher , pastor amongst christendom , IS A VERY rare thing indeed .
ANOTHER FACT .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those suffering from acute Cherry Pickers Syndrome wouldn't understand seeing how they only believe in and accept only a few happy verses that agree with their preconceived ideas and ignore or explain away the rest of God's Words.

Those that are truly born again by the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ love and accept ALL that the Lord has to say so I get it... some just don't want to hear ALL of what the Lord has to say

It's a good thing I'm going by what God says and not your "opinion" which is based on bits and pieces of what the Lord says rather than the whole counsel of God. Those that refuse to look at the whole picture have faulty "opinions". Enjoy.
What many within christendom now pick and choose
cometh not of GOD .
HERE the parable of the cherry picker .
There once was a man who picked cherries and he had others who worked in his orchard .
He sent his men unto the houses of men to instruct them .
They came within the house and yet they did not pull the cherries FROM THE TREE of the BRIDGEGROOM .
Their cherries they pulled came from another .
And worse and worse it got till in time they now stand as one
and have pulled the greatest cherry to unify as one and has shown it unto the cherry pickers .
But the peoples know not , nor is it in them to know
that the cherry that was picked , the cherry that was pulled
came not of the TREE but rather the rear of men gone wrong .
COME and behold our chocolate cherry they cry . ITS BETTER than ever .
BUT when a lamb sees it and even whiffs it , THEY GAG cause they know WHERE IT CAME FROM
and what IT IS . A hint that aint CHOCOLATE SURROUNDING that rotten cherry . MEN PULLED IT
from SOMEWHERE . AND IT WAS NOT OF GOD OR OF CHRIST . ITS DUNG DOO DOCTRINE .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF a man uses doctrine and pits doctrine against doctrine in order to teach a point . ITS FALSE .
IF one has to omit warnings and reminders in order to teach a point or idea . ITS FALSE .
EITHER WE LOVE and EMBRACE EVERY WORD OF THE LORD , or we be decieved .
FOR The LOVE that cometh of GOD would have put THE LOVE FOR HIM , FOR CHRIST FIRST , ABOVE ALL
before mother , before father , before any and all . IF we love not HIS WORDS THEN WE DO NOT LOVE HIM
nor have we the LOVE that CAME FROM HIM .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I posted what God said in His Word instead... that's what the OSAS peoples need to hear!
Yeah, I posted to you God's Word.

So you want to push your ideas based on a bunch of verses out of context, but not actually look at What the Bible Says.

I'm sorry, there are too many like you around these days, I'm only interested in serious discussion.

Much love!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I posted to you God's Word.

No, you posted PART of God's Word while ignoring His warnings concerning salvation.

That's what those suffering from acute Cherry Pickers Syndrome do!

You are only interested in discussion with those that agree that only a few bible verses are relevant and the rest of the Word of God can be ignored as the OSAS peoples claim.

Hopefully you'll grow up and mature one day to become skillful in the Word of righteousness... which is when all your OSAS friends give you the left foot of fellowship cause they don't want to hear they cannot live in sin and still be right with God according to their false doctrine.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The tree died because it was never Alive to begin with.....makes perfect sense to me....it never had any roots...what does a person need to have or happen to them, before their roots grow in Jesus?

This is all about OSAS...so please Answer the question?
@Big Boy Johnson ..

You’re in the Spirit you say...very easy question to answer imo for a Born Again....so why aren’t you answering the question?

When you are led by the Holy Spirit to speak his Living word in spirit and truth, maybe come back then..until such a time, I pray that God reveals his truth to you, that a “ Born Again “ can NEVER be UN- BIRTHED in the Spirit.

Bye bye....

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For all your bluster and badmouthing, you didn't actually respond to what I wrote. I'm not interested in that sort of discussion, so thanks but no thanks.

Much love!
Amen!!...i’m out now as well...

Losing salvation can never happen to a true Born Again....as the word of God is

Hebrews 4:12 King James Version (KJV) For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Romans 8
Berean Standard Bible Par ▾
Walking by the Spirit
(Ezekiel 36:16–38; Galatians 5:16–26)
1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.a2For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set youb free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin.c He thus condemned sin in the flesh, 4so that the righteous standard of the law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace,7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the fleshd cannot please God.
9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alivee because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the deadf will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.
Heirs with Christ
12Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation, but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
15For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17And if we are children, then we are heirs: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ—if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified with Him.
Future Glory
(2 Corinthians 5:1–10)
18I consider that our present sufferings are not comparable to the glory that will be revealed in us. 19The creation waits in eager expectation for the revelation of the sons of God. 20For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will, but because of the One who subjected it, in hope 21that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.
22We know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until the present time. 23Not only that, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved; but hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he can already see? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet see, we wait for it patiently.
26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know how we ought to pray, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans too deep for words. 27And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
God Works in All Things
(Ephesians 1:3–14)
28And we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose. 29For those God foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified.
31What then shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also, along with Him, freely give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34Who is there to condemn us? For Christ Jesus, who died, and more than that was raised to life, is at the right hand of God—and He is interceding for us.
More than Conquerors
(Psalm 44:1–26)
35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or distress or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:
“For Your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”g
37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!!...i’m out now as well...

Losing salvation can never happen to a true Born Again....as the word of God is

Hebrews 4:12 King James Version (KJV) For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
I'm convinced that those who believe rebirth can be lost don't understand what rebirth, or justification are. There is nothing a man can do that adds the least little thing to what Jesus did for us.

But pride seems to be at the heart of much wrong.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm convinced that those who believe rebirth can be lost don't understand what rebirth, or justification are. There is nothing a man can do that adds the least little thing to what Jesus did for us.

Much love!
Lets examine something my friend . Do you beleive paul had truly been reborn , with the new birth .
OF COURSE WE DO .
Do you beleive peter had been born again with the new birth . OF course we do .
Do you believe john had been . OF course we do .
DO we beleive jude had been . OF course we do .
DO we believe james had been . OF course we do .
KNOWING full well they were BORN AGAIN OF CHRIST and their doctrine came from GOD
i suggest we take heed and pay attention to EVERYTHING THEY WROTE and left us to read .
IF the truly born again GAVE WARNINGS AND REMINDERS TO THE CHURCH about the DIRE NEED TO CONTINUE IN JESUS CHRIST to the
END . I SUGGEST WE FOLLOW the BORN AGAINS examples and do the same . SOMETHING has went wrong mark .
Something has went amiss . WHY DID JESUS and the APOSTLES BOTH warn and continue to remind the church
about the DIRE NEED TO CONTINUE IN HIM TO THE END . Yet today if its even whispered by a man
SO MANY THEN accuse the man who warned and reminded of being a pharisee who dont trust IN CHRIST .
YET CHRIST SAID IT FIRST . And later the apostels said it and then FROM HEAVEN in revelation JESUS AGAIN says it .
LETS EMBRACE EVERY WARNING AND EVERY REMINDER . omit NONE OF IT . leave it as is . WHAT THE SPIRIT INSPIRED
IS WHAT IS BEST FOR THE CHURCH .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Much love!
In Jesus Name!! Amen!!

Reactions: mailmandan

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Jesus Name!! Amen!!
We are reminded and reminded again and again in scriptures
about something .
And its real easy to sum it up too .
BELIEVE IN , TRUST IN , HOPE IN , TO THE END , JESUS CHRIST ALONE . BELEIVE WITH ALL THINE HEART
ITS BECAUSE OF WHAT HE DID , HE DID , That we are saved . PEROID.
Be diligent to ensure that none ever follows this all inclusive false broad road love . The love that sayeth
all religoins serve the same GOD . CAUSE THAT AINT THE GOSPEL and IT AINT TRUTH and
if one believeth that THEY HAVE DENIED JESUS CHRIST AND THE GOSPEL .
And number two .
REMIND the church as did CHRIST and the apostles TO CONTINUE IN HIM
IN What YE HAVE HEARD , AKA THE GOSPEL . DO NOT Let one be moved from THAT GOSPEL and into
this other idea of a false love that denies the DIRE NEED TO BELEIVE ON JESUS CHRIST . KEEP FIRM THE HOPE IN HIM
TO THE END .
And lastly , WE BETTER MAKE SURE what JESUS we love and believe in and follow .
Cause if any preaches another jesus , one that accepts sins and holds rainbows and calls evil what GOD called good
and good what GOD called evil . IT AINT JESUS CHRIST WE BEEN FOLLOWING .
Beware this love potion that has been sprayed amonst the world and sadly amongst a whole lot even within christendom .
IF the love we embrace allows for the idea that other religoins are saved and fine as in in their religon . ITS A LIE FROM THE DRAGON .
JESUS never once came to the jews and said , HEY IT DONT MATTER IF YOU BELEIVE IN ME AS THE CHRIST OR NOT
YOU can follow any religoin or mindset you want , SO LONG as ye have love and do some good works .
I NEVER SEEN JESUS PREACH THAT .
BUT I SEEN and did SEE What HE DID SAY . YE WILL DIE IN YOURSINS , for if you BELIEVE NOT THAT I AM HE , THE CHRIST ,
YOU WILL DIE IN YOUR SINS . THAT HE DID SAY .
JESUS taught THIS KIND OF EVANGELISM .
stay tuned for it in the next post .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS did not teach the evanglism , nor love , nor unity that i see many now teaching .
The evangelism i now see many and many more daily coming under is FALSE .
AS its love is NOT THE LOVE OF GOD and the direction it leadteth folks IS NOT TO GOD .
WHEN JESUS told His own HE said this
GO YE INTO ALL THE WORLD , baptizing them in the NAME of the FATHER SON HOLY GHOST
Those who believe , BELIEVE , BE LIEVE and are baptized shall be SAVED .
Those who BELIEVE NOT , NOT , NOT , NOT shall be DAMNED .
Teaching them to OBSERVE , ALL , ALL , ALLL things i have commanded you .
TODAY EVANGLISM FAILS THIS and thus ITS NOT OF GOD and CANNOT LEAD TO GOD

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Jesus Name!! Amen!!
The lambs must do what many no longer desire to do or even believe to do .
WE GOTTA POINT TO JESUS CHRIST , GETTING FOLKS INTO THOSE BIBLES .
Many leaders have made the church into a business . IN ORDER for a business to survive and thrive in this world
IT HAS TO ADAPT and CHANGE WITH THE TIMES . THAT IS COMPROMISE . and the lambs will NOT COMPROMISE .

Status
Not open for further replies.