Losing Your Salvation - Bible Verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can ppl NOT understand, salvation was / is secured by Jesus D,B,& R, it is a gift of God to whosoever WILL, by OUR acceptance. It is not an entitlement he owed unto us.

It was however, the only acceptable payment for our sin debt, without spot nor blemish, blameless; that we could NEVER pay bc of our sin nature, but that was required to give us a relationship with God

That does not mean we cannot therefore reject such a gift as well at anytime we so choose. God does not force us to accept him nor his gift nor remain faithful but said,
Revelation 2:10.....................
be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.” This is our only security ; OUR FAITHFULNESS TO HIM UNTO DEATH!

We must abide in the vine, for it is from HIM, we receive what we need to know of the Father.

1 John 2:3-6 KJV
He that saith, I KNOW HIM,AND KEEPETH NOT his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso KEEPERH his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: HEREBY know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
Let me ask us all something . ARE WE TRULY TRUSTING IN JESUS CHRIST or is our trust been in men .
ARE we truly trusting and believing in BIBLCAL DOCTRINE , or have we been trusting in doctrines of men .
DO WE TRULY TRUST IN JESUS CHRIST , in the doctrine also of the apostles , or do we simply trust in AN ACROYNM
SOMETHING has went wrong and through an acroynm dire warnings and reminders that JESUS gave
and the apostels gave HAVE NOW BEEN OMITTED . SOMETHING has went wrong .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you are right, your salvation is not based on your works, not in the least! It's based on the work of Jesus Christ, and His forever intercession. Forever.

Much love!
Now do we BELIEVE JESUS . many say we believe in JESUS CHRIST yet many do not BELEIVE JESUS CHRIST .
IN other words , they dont beleive SOME Of his warnings , reminders , teachings .
THEY beleive only what they want to beleive , they pick and choose and even what they pick and choose is taken out of text .
YOU SEE if we cannot beleive IN WHAT HE TAUGHT , then we dont treat him nor see HIM as THE CHRIST .
We might think we do . WHY do folks disregaurd HIS warnings OR promises .
MY advice is this and this alone . TRUST IN EVERYTHING JESUS SAID . BELIEVE IT and teach it .
AND THUS its real simple to sum it all up .
TO BE SAVED YE MUST BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST and CONTINUE TO BELIEVE ON HIM , BELIEVING what HE SAID , embracing
what HE SAID , to the end . YET just cause i bring up the reminder we must do so to the end , WATCH OUT
here comes the calvary to tell me MY TRUST AINT IN JESUS CHRIST . YET IT IS . CAUSE I TRUST WHAT HE SAID
I TRUST WHAT HE SAID that I MUST CONTINUE IN HIM TO THE END . I TRUST IN HIM , HIS WORDS .
IT AINT A SIN NOR LACK OF BELIEF OR TRUST to BELEIVE ALL THINGS JESUS SAID . ITS A LACK OF TRUST NOT TOO .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, I don't believe that I have "salvation" to lose. I have the hope of gaining salvation.

But whether or not I have it, is up to GOD...and HIS grace.

Not ME.

Can't sit here and think, "God has SAVED me!"

...and still go on to sin.

Lie...commit adultery...not go to church....not forgiving others for their transgressions to me?

Yeah....*eyerolll* like ANY of that is really going to get me into heaven....

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture verses below would not even be in God’s Word if it were not possible for someone to get
born again and fall away from the Lord later and end up being separated from the Lord for eternity in hell

It's sad to hear some folks just can't be bothered with ALL of what God says in His Word as they only believe a few things He says are actually true!

1 Corinthians 9:27
I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Castaway (G0096 in Strong's) = unapproved, rejected, worthless, reprobate.

This is the same greek word used in Romans 1:28 when the Lord turned those over to a reprobate mind who refused retain God in their knowledge and walk with Him.

This means, Paul believed that if he did not control himself and went back to walking after the fleshm HE would be unapproved, rejected, worthless, reprobate!

Obviously the Apostle Paul did not believe in "once saved, always saved" aka "eternal security"

James 5:19,20
Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Let him know, that he which converts the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
*By addressing this to “brethren” we know this is speaking to believers who turned from the truth and if they are converted back to the truth, the soul of the person that had fallen away is being saved from spiritual death which is separation from God.

Colossians 1:21-23
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
IF ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven.

*A condition is given here to be righteous before the Lord which is IF we continue in the faith.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endures to the end shall be saved.

Jude 1:5,6
I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

*If once saved always saved was true, then the Lord would not be speaking thru Jude to put us in remembrance about what happened to those that quit believing (turned their backs on the Lord to live in opposition to Him which is to live in sin).

*If angels having been created perfect turn away from the Lord and be separated from Him forever, we would experience the same. Thankfully, the Lord has provided a way for man to confess and forsake sin in order to receive mercy (see Proverbs 28:13), but if we continue in our sin we will not have mercy due having turned away from the Lord

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils
*This is speaking of those that were once in the faith having become born again believers and later turned away from the Lord.

Hebrews 10:26
For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins

*If we knowing and willing continue in sin, Jesus’ sacrifice on the Cross is no longer applicable and there will be no new sacrifice for sin forthcoming other than what Jesus has already done at the Cross. One must cease from sin for the work of Christ to be applicable to them.

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

*One must cease from sin for the work of Christ to be applicable to them.

1 Corinthians 6:9,10
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21:7,8
He that overcomes shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be My son. (abide In Christ!)
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers (man whores), and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (These things, and all sin, must be confessed and forsaken to avoid going to hell!)

Romans 1:28-32
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

1 Timothy 1:8-11
But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

Ezekiel 18:26,27
When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, and commits iniquity, and dies in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.
Again, when the wicked man turns away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.

Ezekiel 18:20 (see Romans 8:13)
The soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Ezekiel 18:20-24 (see Romans 8:13)
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

Ezekiel 33:13
When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it

Matthew 10:32,33
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 6:14,15
For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

John 15:1,2
I am the t...

Again--that is all misunderstanding.

Each of those scriptures can be explained properly to show you wrong. Each and every one.

But your misunderstanding is a matter of your own nature regarding times. Do you not know that the things of God including salvation and God himself never changes? But you think and speak as a man according to the nature of the flesh.

Reactions: Ritajanice

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, I don't believe that I have "salvation" to lose. I have the hope of gaining salvation.

But whether or not I have it, is up to GOD...and HIS grace.

Not ME.

Lie...commit adultery...not go to church....not forgiving others for their transgressions to me?

That is good to say if you are not sure. And yet there is no need, other than not knowing, to not believe what was even before the foundation of the world and only now made manifest by our witness.

God has shined the Light of Christ into this darkness, and within its prism we stand, some knowing, and some only believing, and some only hoping. But the Light that was divide in Adam is reunited in Christ Jesus--and this, history, is only the story of it and its revealing--as it is written, which was before the world.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were they / are they truly Born Again?

If they were not, the Lord would not have put all these warnings in His Word to Christians that it is possible for them to lose their salvation if they go back to living in sin.
any Born Again in my opinion...Loves talking about being Born Again and what it means....

That's lovely... but there's more to the story according to God's Word!

If one is going to walk with the Lord, they need to accept ALL of what His Word teaches, including God's warnings to Christians.

You know, some little children loves playing with all their toys in the front yeard but never liked to listen to mom's warnings about not going in to the street... they ignored those warnings so they could enjoy their toys!

Then one day, the little children runs in to the street and a big trucks runs them over and blood and guts and bones and brains were splattered all over the street. Opps! Looks like mom had some good points that maybe we should have taken a listen to eh???
We are led through the Bible by the Holy Spirit, how can anyone understand his “Living word” Without the Holy Spirit leading and guiding them through God’s word.

If one is truly listing to the Holy Ghost, they would be led into ALL Truth!... (John 16:13), and God's Word IS Truth (John 17:17).

Not just the bits and pieces gospel where... folks believe only bits and pieces of God's Word is true, and we can ignore all the rest!

You Sir..have answered not one of my questions

I'm not interrogating you, so consequently I'm not going to be interrogated.

Folks can either accept the whole counsel of God... or go with the bits-n-pieces so called gospel that only accepts just a few happy verses and plays like the rest of God's Word is irrelevant. That will not end well.
all in my opinion and belief.

Well it's a good thing we have not been call to follow your "opinion"! :phew:
You are kept by the power of God.

Yes, and WE are called to humble ourselves under the mighty Hand of God (Jesus Christ, God's All Powerful Living Word).... which is something WE must choose to either do or not do.

The false doctrines of calvinism (which is where the false doctrine of OSAS comes from) teaches that Gopd just somehow magically keeps people when they are out living in sin, something THEY choose to do as THEY choose to turn away from the Lord and live after the pleasures of the flesh

So OSAS is a gimongus stumbling block for many cause they think they can be saved even as they are living in sin which is all part of the false doctrines of calvinism / OSAS which is the devil's favorite doctrine cause it makes his job so easy which is... to deceive Christians in to walking after the flesh so that they reap corruption as spoken of in Gal 6:7,8
Online commentary.

No thank you.... The Lord provides HIS own commentary in His Word.
Those who depart from the faith , were NEVER Born Again in the first place.

That's pretty funny.... one cannot depart from the faith if they were never in the faith to begin with!

That's like having a tree in your front yard that died... and your friend comes to visit and asks when did the tree die?

And you tell them the tree died because... it was never alive to begin with!
Show me in scripture where a Born Again can do this?

I already have posted warnings from the Lord... you can either reject God's Word or accept it.... it's your life so it's your call. Spoiler - Things end badly for those that reject the whole counsel of God!
I am an adopted child of God with all the benefits that brings. I am a joint heir with Jesus who I count as a a brother. I can not be unadopted although if I go wrong I may have to endure consequences, But being a New Creation the old me has gone.

All true!.... but, if you sin, you reap corruption so IF you sin confess it to the Lord immediately upon finding out you have sinned and turn away from that sin immediately. That way, all that stuff you just said can continue being true for you.
When one turns away from the Lord and sins, they must forsake their sin and confess their sin to the Lord in order to be right with the Lord once again.

Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

1 John 1:9
IF we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

What is the context here?

The context here is... if one lives after the flesh, they shall DIE spiritually and be separated from the Lord.

For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Gal 6:7,8 clearly states that if we sow to the flesh we shall of the flesh reap CORRUPTION.... to say this is not true is to mock God.

OSAS clearly believes it's no problem to live in sin walking after the pleasures of the flesh rejecting the leading of the Holy Spirit... and still be in right standing with God.

This is the same thing satan told Adam and Eve... if you sin against God surely you will not die spiritually and be separated from God. So, they sinned against God and died spiritually!

Jesus did not go to the Cross to make the lie satan told Adam and Eve.... to become true!
They will all turn out to be out of context

Only to those that have been brainwashed by the false doctrines of calvinism and reformed theology... which sadly is the majority of those claiming to be Christians these days.
Matthew 7:14
Narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

the reality of our permanent rebirth.

And then you ignore what the Lord says happens to those that turn away from Him... a classic symptom of one suffering from a very acute Cherry Pickers Syndrome (CPS) :stageright:

Reactions: Cassandra

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But, that's not how the OSAS peoples see it.... sure they don't recommend that you live in sin but they'll be quick to tell you that IF you did live in sin... it's all good up in the salvation hood YO, you still on the way to Heaven!

Then they'll probably want you to make a big donation to their church's building fund promising BIG blessings for those that make BIG cash donations! :dusted:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If they were not, the Lord would not have put all these warnings in His Word to Christians that it is possible for them to lose their salvation if they go back to living in sin.

That's lovely... but there's more to the story according to God's Word!

If one is going to walk with the Lord, they need to accept ALL of what His Word teaches, including God's warnings to Christians.

You know, some little children loves playing with all their toys in the front yeard but never liked to listen to mom's warnings about not going in to the street... they ignored those warnings so they could enjoy their toys!

Then one day, the little children runs in to the street and a big trucks runs them over and blood and guts and bones and brains were splattered all over the street. Opps! Looks like mom had some good points that maybe we should have taken a listen to eh???

If one is truly listing to the Holy Ghost, they would be led into ALL Truth!... (John 16:13), and God's Word IS Truth (John 17:17).

Not just the bits and pieces gospel where... folks believe only bits and pieces of God's Word is true, and we can ignore all the rest!

I'm not interrogating you, so consequently I'm not going to be interrogated.

Folks can either accept the whole counsel of God... or go with the bits-n-pieces so called gospel that only accepts just a few happy verses and plays like the rest of God's Word is irrelevant. That will not end well.

Well it's a good thing we have not been call to follow your "opinion"! :phew:

Yes, and WE are called to humble ourselves under the mighty Hand of God (Jesus Christ, God's All Powerful Living Word).... which is something WE must choose to either do or not do.

The false doctrines of calvinism (which is where the false doctrine of OSAS comes from) teaches that Gopd just somehow magically keeps people when they are out living in sin, something THEY choose to do as THEY choose to turn away from the Lord and live after the pleasures of the flesh

So OSAS is a gimongus stumbling block for many cause they think they can be saved even as they are living in sin which is all part of the false doctrines of calvinism / OSAS which is the devil's favorite doctrine cause it makes his job so easy which is... to deceive Christians in to walking after the flesh so that they reap corruption as spoken of in Gal 6:7,8

No thank you.... The Lord provides HIS own commentary in His Word.

That's pretty funny.... one cannot depart from the faith if they were never in the faith to begin with!

That's like having a tree in your front yard that died... and your friend comes to visit and asks when did the tree die?

And you tell them the tree died because... it was never alive to begin with!

The tree died because it was never Alive to begin with.....makes perfect sense to me....it never had any roots...what does a person need to have or happen to them, before their roots grow in Jesus?

This is all about OSAS...so please Answer the question?

I already have posted warnings from the Lord... you can either reject God's Word or accept it.... it's your life so it's your call. Spoiler - Things end badly for those that reject the whole counsel of God!

All true!.... but, if you sin, you reap corruption so IF you sin confess it to the Lord immediately upon finding out you have sinned and turn away from that sin immediately. That way, all that stuff you just said can continue being true for you.
When one turns away from the Lord and sins, they must forsake their sin and confess their sin to the Lord in order to be right with the Lord once again.

Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

1 John 1:9
IF we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The context here is... if one lives after the flesh, they shall DIE spiritually and be separated from the Lord.

Gal 6:7,8 clearly states that if we sow to the flesh we shall of the flesh reap CORRUPTION.... to say this is not true is to mock God.

OSAS clearly believes it's no problem to live in sin walking after the pleasures of the flesh rejecting the leading of the Holy Spirit... and still be in right standing with God.

This is the same thing satan told Adam and Eve... if you sin against God surely you will not die spiritually and be separated from God. So, they sinned against God and died spiritually!

Jesus did not go to the Cross to make the lie satan told Adam and Eve.... to become true!

Only to those that have been brainwashed by the false doctrines of calvinism and reformed theology... which sadly is the majority of those claiming to be Christians these days.
Matthew 7:14
Narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

And then you ignore what the Lord says happens to those that turn away from Him... a classic symptom of one suffering from a very acute Cherry Pickers Syndrome (CPS) :stageright:
With respect.....all that you write, imo, you write of your own accord.

FLESH TALK.....PERIOD!!...

Grow up and mature in the Holy Spirit......then we may have some discussion....” LED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT “

Not LED by YOU....it’s BORING!!......

Trust me I’ve been there, at one time all I did was talk Flesh, still do on occasions....we have a Living relationship with the Father through the Holy Spirit when we become Born Again....he teaches us to understand what it means to walk in the Flesh and the Spirit.....it’s taken me years and years to fully understand what this means.

I Pray in Jesus Name...that he brings you to a place of discerning when “ YOU” are talking in the “Flesh”......which imo, I see all over this page.

Or when you are talking in the Spirit.....I see it in the scripture you post, ...I don’t see or hear the Holy Spirit minister to me through your spirit.....I only see/ hear you....

Your understanding and interpretation of scripture...imo, is flawed and most definitely being spoken by your flesh.

Anyhoo!.....I believe and I say this from my “ HEART “ and NO not from John Calvin teaching, which “ YOU” have accused many members of doing....that is another reason why I can’t listen to your teaching......because it’s an assumption...you aren’t understanding the “ LIVING “ word of God......therefore pointless to go any further with you.

In order to grow Sir..you must understand what it means to be “ Born Again “....OSAS is NOT saying to me what it’s saying to you.

Therefore my heart will NEVER penetrate those words you speak, that a Born Again can be UN- Birthed..

Impossible and one Big Fat Lie.

Enjoy the rest of your day...

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If one is going to walk with the Lord, they need to accept ALL of what His Word teaches, including God's warnings to Christians
If one is going to walk with the Lord and be taught his word through the Holy Spirit.

Then they must be “ BORN AGAIN “....why must they be Born Again?

How do you and by what means can you accept the word of God?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one is going to walk with the Lord and be taught his word through the Holy Spirit.

THEY must be BORN AGAIN indeed dear sister . God plants it on the heart . Hearing and seeing come From GOD.
Yep . Even paul knew when he too hadsaid , I laborered more abundantely than they all did,
YET not I ,but the grace of GOD . Lambs will give the credit to where the credit is due
the glory unto WHOM it is due . GOD , HIS CHRIST , our hope and our salvation .
Hearing cometh by the Word .
When i was in the pitch black of night and wandering aimlessly through darkness
a sinner of sinners andlost in my sin , IT WAS GOD who approached me . HE drew me .
He entered the conscious and a stirring began to SEEK after HIM . HE turned me from darkness .
HE drew me to CHRIST and HE keeps me . we must heed the SPIRIT , get dug in the scrips again .
Be refreshed by the pure reminders of all His holy words . Which are our meat .
No lamb of HIS would ever try and make JESUS into a minstir of sin . A lamb simply
has the love of GOD upon HIS Heart and loveth the KING , HIS WORDS .
IF any cometh and tries to bring a version of JESUS that accepts sin , This one is a liar and is not presenting
THE TRUE JESUS CHRIST to us .
IF any cometh and tries to use the phrase GOD IS LOVE , yet takes that OUT of text to mean
The love of GOD has made the PATH TO GOD BROAD , aka musllims and other religions are on it .
ITS A LIE .
THERE is but one LOVE that cometh of GOD and i promise it would REJOICE in the TRUTH .
And the TRUTH IS , JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY TO THE FATHER .
And it would proclaim , BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST , embrace all that HE did teach n say .
IF any brings another jesus , one that preaches prosperity of money and get that money , ya best life now
RUN .
JESUS taught us to not HOPE in money , to not heap it up . And if we examined the leaders of this prosperity
we see the focus is on THIS LIFE , MONEY and boy have their addresses GROWN VERY LARGE
as they holler to crowds Blessed is the man who giveth me a new plane . I wont heed a lick of their doctrine .
The man who preaches JESUS IS OUR PROSPERITY , HE OUR TREASURE , HIS WORD our food , THAT ONE is right .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Abide in me . for without ME ye can DO NOTHING . yep . JESUS said it and thus WE BELIEVE IT .

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture verses below would not even be in God’s Word if it were not possible for someone to get
born again and fall away from the Lord later and end up being separated from the Lord for eternity in hell
Agreed. Sadly, OSAS come up with rationalizations such as this.
There is absolutely nothing in that scriptures you posted , that is referring to a “ True Born Again “.....
They parse being a believer, being saved from not really being so to invoke a kind of ex post facto.

They deny one can be on a diet and then eat cake, indicating they are no longer on a diet. They say if you eat cake, it means you were never on a diet before.

• Sad
Reactions: Ritajanice

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ye are saved by grace . One must beleive in JESUS CHRIST or its all winds of vainty .
And at its end shall reap a whirlwind of destruction .
OH its DIRE DIRE NECESSARY and of dire upmost IMPORTANCE that the churches PREACHJESUS AGAIN .
The DIRE NEED to beleive on HE whom GOD DID SEND .
GOD didnt send budda to save the world . Budda be false religion .
GOD didnt send muhammed to save the world , that religion be false .
BUT GOD DID SEND JESUS CHRIST . AND i know two things . HE DOES SAVE and HE ALONE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN .
Time to POINT to CHRIST AGAIN and thus that points to THE LOVE OF GOD . GOD DOES LOVE
and its why HE DID SEND the SON so that all who do BELIEVE would not PERISH but have EVERLASTING LIFE .
WOE to those who hear and reject HIM . But great joy and salvation unto all WHO RECIEVE HIM .
HE alone is our hope and our salvation . Now raise those hands and let the LORD be praised .

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If i am in Christ I have been made new, I am a new creation. The old has gone. There is no more old me.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
Same was true of Adam and Eve. They were new creations. Yet they sinned.

Odd that OSAS supposes we are the new Adam rather than Christ.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its funny how people acknowledge they are saved by grace then turn around and keep themselves saved by works.

an oxymoron. :)

Paul calls that the cursed Judaizers in Galatians 1 with an anathema.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the whole point about WHY the doctrine of OSAS is not a true biblical teaching.

Man has free will... God gave us that, so if a man gets born again and then starts listening to the devil and decides to sin.... he has of his own free will chosen to turn away from the Lord and go back to doing sin.
OSAS is invalid, not only because of the Bible verses cited in the OP, but because it violates the scientific method of hypothesis testing. Evidence does not invalidate the OSAS doctrine! So, it is not a valid principle; more like a childishly naive wish to no longer have trials and tribulations where we fail.

Ordained ministers who led people to Christ for 50 years are deemed ex post facto never to be "true" born again Christians as soon as evidence emerges of wrong doing.

I know I am in the minority who rely on evidence to support my faith and hold there is ample evidence in the Bible and in our life's experiences to support hypothesis testing of our faith. We ought not surrender science and hypothesis testing to the Adversary.

David was anointed by God. Yet, he sinned time and time again, from taking a census out of pride to lust for another man's wife. Yet, this man repented and turned to God time and time again. He is our model for over coming are faults. (And frankly, one area of our life where our lord Jesus is unable to inspire us by deed.)

Yet, Christ inspires us by his word. How many times did he say to those he healed, "Go and sin no more?" The only reason to offer such inspiring words is because Christ knows we remain capable of sinning again after he has healed us. From What does the Bible say about testing God? What does it mean to test God?, God supports science and hypothesis testing.

The only time specifically mentioned in the Bible in which God invites people to test Him is in the area of tithes and offerings. Malachi 3:10 says: "Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the LORD of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need." Bachan is the Hebrew word translated as "test" in this verse, and it means "to examine, scrutinize, or prove (as in gold, persons, or the heart)." As putting gold in a fire tests its quality, God invites the Israelites to test Him by giving their tithes and offerings. In return, He proved His faithfulness to them.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its funny how people acknowledge they are saved by grace then turn around and keep themselves saved by works.

an oxymoron
Incorrect. There is a difference between work in the ordinary sense of the word from "works" in the Biblical sense of the word.

The analogy I make is that our action completes the circuit of God's love, of God's grace. He does not force salvation on us. It remains up to us to accept it. This word accept is a verb. It is action on our part, aka "work." The action is internal, whereas works in the Biblical sense is external, such as Charlie built this Cathedral, which is how Charlies saved himself. Notice how CJB renders this acceptance as the verb trusting. It is action on our part, aka work in the general sense of the word.

8 For you have been delivered by grace through trusting, and even this is not your accomplishment but God’s gift. 9 You were not delivered by your own actions; therefore no one should boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9 (CJB)

Previously posted here. To say that nothing saves but Christ implies universalism is correct doctrine.

I do believe the Apostles would be dumbfounded at the rebellious and childish mentality that we don’t have to lift a finger to be saved. I guess it is a reflection of the pervasive entitlement mentality in our society.

The scenario I compare it to is you are drowning in the ocean during a hurricane. Still, your father begs the Coast Guard to rescue you. They refuse but your father is passionately persistent. They finally agree after much gnashing of teeth.

Enroute to your destination, several veterans get washed over board but they persevere. When they get to you, the hurricane is at its peak, 20 foot waves pound you and the Coast Guard ship that nearly capsizes with every wave.

A brave ensign, who is your actual brother, runs out to the nest to get you, attaches his vest to the fence with a carabiner and throws the life preserver two feet from you in a million to one shot. Few are self-centered enough to claim them reaching out their hand - that ‘work’ - is what saved them. But there you have it.

Only with Christ, it is so much more! He came back from death to save us! We aren’t going to reach out our hand to hold onto dear life cause that would mean we are saving ourselves?! Give me a break!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 36:27
And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes and to carefully observe My ordinances

Saved by Gods grace and He will cause you to walk in His ways and obey Him. Saved by grace and kept by that same grace. If one doesn't then its proof they were never saved in the first place otherwise it makes God a liar above.

The same is true below and this happened at Pentecost.

Isaiah 59:21
"As for Me, this is My covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit will not depart from you, and My words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth or from the mouths of your children and grandchildren, from now on and forevermore," says the LORD

hope this helps !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.