Losing Your Salvation - Bible Verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What he lost, WAS NOT the gift offering.
What he lost, WAS “IF and WHEN” he COULD receive the Gift offering.

Adams First opportunity to receive the Gift of Salvation, while bodily Alive, was when he was PUT in the Garden, and Told to Eat of every Tree, EXCEPT, the Tree of good and evil.

Adams Last opportunity to receive the Gift of Salvation, while bodily Alive, was when he was Being SENT OUT of the Garden, and passed by the Tree of Life, and did not reach out and take from that Tree and Eat.

Adams First and Last opportunity to receive the Gift of Salvation, While BODILY DEAD, was to Believe On the day his BODY physically Died.

That is the day Adam received his Gift of Salvation.
We'll have to differ, since everything Adam was born into, which was a "gift", since he did nothing to earn it, was life and a blessing, but, what he ended up with, through his sin, was death and a curse.

Why would someone have an issue with acknowledging this obvious truth?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It means you’re born dead. Seperated from God.

In adam ALL (not some) die.
Because of what Paul says in Romans 7, I can't be sure about that.

Romans 7
9I was once alive apart from the Law; but when the commandment came, sin became alive and I died; 10and this commandment, which was to result in life, proved to result in death for me; 11for sin, taking an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me. 12So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.

So, he was once alive--if this refers to his early childhood (Jews start learning Torah at a young age), he wasn't born dead, he was "killed" by the body of Sin's enslaving his spirit to sin some time after he was born.

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal Life IS the Gift of Salvation.
It is absolutely in respect IF he took it or not.
He did not take it IN the Garden of Eden.
No, because my issue is with whether something being a "gift" makes it "unlosable".
That is what people cite as the dynamic that makes salvation "unlosable"--"it's a gift".
Salvation isn't the only thing that is a "gift".
Many things are "gifts"--and many things have been "lost" despite being "gifts".

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only information that has been given is found in Revelation 21-22, concerning the faithless. Idk if Yahava will allow us to bring people into the Kingdom even after this life that are out there in darkness perhaps. It's just a hope that is personally held by myself.
"The unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God" has to be a meaningful warning, though.

I have an inkling that the hell isn't eternal (for everyone--some have committed unpardonable sins, though), since Christ says "you will not get out of there until you have paid the uttermost farthing". In this case, with the help of an Eastern Orthodox believer I understood this, it would mean that the people are "paying" what they owe, then their "payment" must be the debt of "glory" they owed God ("we have all fallen short of the glory of God"), so, when they are being tormented, they are "revealing God's glory" by being objects of His wrath (wrath is an attribute of God that glorifies God, revealing His character), so they are repaying what they owe.

It would be better, I think, to start a thread on the topic, because it is ancillary.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because of what Paul says in Romans 7, I can't be sure about that.

Romans 7
9I was once alive apart from the Law; but when the commandment came, sin became alive and I died; 10and this commandment, which was to result in life, proved to result in death for me; 11for sin, taking an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me. 12So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.

So, he was once alive--if this refers to his early childhood (Jews start learning Torah at a young age), he wasn't born dead, he was "killed" by the body of Sin's enslaving his spirit to sin some time after he was born.
Using this line of thinking no one before the law wads given ever died spiritually. Hence they will all be in heaven.. including all those who died in the flood.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Using this line of thinking no one before the law wads given ever dies spiritually. Hence they will all be in heaven.. including all those who died in the flood.
No, "the Law" is just one form of "the knowledge of good and evil" which all those in Adam are born into--for non-Jews, what Paul describes here would be the equivalent of a child coming to the age when he knows good and evil (Isaiah 7:15).

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We'll have to differ, since everything Adam was born into, which was a "gift", since he did nothing to earn it, was life and a blessing, but, what he ended up with, through his sin, was death and a curse.

Why would someone have an issue with acknowledging this obvious truth?

Gods creation and making of mankind was/is for His Pleasure.

Gifts God offers and gives to men are Holy and Lasting.

Human men were not created or made Holy.
The were created and made….very good.
A very good thing, can and does eventually become corrupted, dead, rotten, stinking.

A mans body, blood, (life), was created and made … very good … and became corrupted.

That’s the TRUTH I elect to Believe, straight out of the Word of God.

Matter’s none to me, nor affects me, what you believe.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, because my issue is with whether something being a "gift" makes it "unlosable".
That is what people cite as the dynamic that makes salvation "unlosable"--"it's a gift".
Salvation isn't the only thing that is a "gift".
Many things are "gifts"--and many things have been "lost" despite being "gifts".

You want to debate blessing and gifts, from a minds logical point of view.
Not interested. I have expressly stated my view from a spiritual perspective.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Using this line of thinking no one before the law wads given ever dies spiritually. Hence they will all be in heaven.. including all those who died in the flood.
All that clacking I was doing on the other thread.

God led me to this scripture..then he said...take it before EG and apologise.

Apologies Brother..you were right...LOL.

Ephesians 2:1-10​

1 In the past you were spiritually dead because of your disobedience and sins. 1
2 At that time you followed the world's evil way; you obeyed the ruler of the spiritual powers in space, the spirit who now controls the people who disobey God.
3 Actually all of us were like them and lived according to our natural desires, doing whatever suited the wishes of our own bodies and minds. In our natural condition we, like everyone else, were destined to suffer God's anger.
4 But God's mercy is so abundant, and his love for us is so great,
5 that while we were spiritually dead in our disobedience he brought us to life with Christ. It is by God's grace that you have been saved.
6 In our union with Christ Jesus he raised us up with him to rule with him in the heavenly world.
7 He did this to demonstrate for all time to come the extraordinary greatness of his grace in the love he showed us in Christ Jesus.
8 For it is by God's grace that you have been saved through faith. It is not the result of your own efforts,
9 but God's gift, so that no one can boast about it.
10 God has made us what we are, and in our union with Christ Jesus he has created us for a life of good deeds, which he has already prepared for us to do.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gods creation and making of mankind was/is for His Pleasure.

Gifts God offers and gives to men are Holy and Lasting.

Human men were not created or made Holy.
The were created and made….very good.
A very good thing, can and does eventually become corrupted, dead, rotten, stinking.

A mans body, blood, (life), was created and made … very good … and became corrupted.

That’s the TRUTH I elect to Believe, straight out of the Word of God.

Matter’s none to me, nor affects me, what you believe.
Everything Adam had was given to him, wasn't earned, yet, by his deeds, he suffered great loss: the result of his sin was he was "cursed" with "death". He wasn't born "dead", he was born "alive", but he "died" through sinning.

I accept that I won't change your mind, but I share this for the reader who may be interested.

Because of logic and Scripture, I can not accept the idea that just because something is a gift, unearned, it can't be lost (and specifically through sin).

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want to debate blessing and gifts, from a minds logical point of view.
Not interested. I have expressly stated my view from a spiritual perspective.
You don't have to denigrate me to disagree with me.
I didn't call you names, please don't call me names.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Everything Adam had was given to him, wasn't earned, yet, by his deeds, he suffered great loss: the result of his sin was he was "cursed" with "death". He wasn't born "dead", he was born "alive", but he "died" through sinning.

I accept that I won't change your mind, but I share this for the reader who may be interested.

Because of logic and Scripture, I can not accept the idea that just because something is a gift, unearned, it can't be lost (and specifically through sin).
Do you not think Adam died in spirit?

That God’s Spirit that was in him, he lost that fellowship that he had with God?

That God removed his Spirit from him?..just an opinion.

Therefore we inherited that spiritual death from Adam?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not think Adam died in spirit?

That God’s Spirit that was in him, he lost that fellowship that he had with God?

That God removed his Spirit from him?..just an opinion.
I think you should be asking "Taken" this question, not me--I literally said Adam was born alive, as an unearned gift, but died through his sin. The gifts he was born into was lost through sin--so just because something is a "gift" doesn't make it "unlosable".

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think you should be asking "Taken" this question, not me--I literally said Adam was born alive, as an unearned gift, but died through his sin. The gifts he was born into was lost through sin--so just because something is a "gift" doesn't make it "unlosable".
I’m talking about his spirit?

Do you believe Adam had the Spirit of God...when God breathed life into him?

The man called Adam was created when God “formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul” (Genesis 2:7). Therefore, Adam was created from the soil, which is actually reflected in his name

Adam wasn’t Born,he wasn’t conceived in a woman’s womb was he? he was made from the dust of the ground..pretty amazing, huh!?

Reactions: GracePeace

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you come up with this?

chapter 20 is the end of time as we know it

Chapter 21 is eternity future with God..

2 Corinthians 3:17 17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
2 Corinthians 3:17 17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Is that spirit?

Do you mean “ is Spirit “?

John 4:24. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God" has to be a meaningful warning, though.

I have an inkling that the hell isn't eternal (for everyone--some have committed unpardonable sins, though), since Christ says "you will not get out of there until you have paid the uttermost farthing". In this case, with the help of an Eastern Orthodox believer I understood this, it would mean that the people are "paying" what they owe, then their "payment" must be the debt of "glory" they owed God ("we have all fallen short of the glory of God"), so, when they are being tormented, they are "revealing God's glory" by being objects of His wrath (wrath is an attribute of God that glorifies God, revealing His character), so they are repaying what they owe.

It would be better, I think, to start a thread on the topic, because it is ancillary.

To some degree or another Isarel was a vessel that was destroyed when you think about it, Jesus also had victory over all things as well. Hell, Satan, False Prophet, Beast, and this destruction of Israel in a sense was the glory of God to do so, to bring forth the new administration.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m talking about his spirit?

Do you believe Adam had the Spirit of God...when God breathed life into him?

The man called Adam was created when God “formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul” (Genesis 2:7). Therefore, Adam was created from the soil, which is actually reflected in his name

Adam wasn’t Born,he wasn’t conceived in a woman’s womb was he? he was made from the dust of the ground..pretty amazing, huh!?
It's not relevant--my entire point is a gifts can be lost, they're not categorically "unlosable".

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To some degree or another Isarel was a vessel that was destroyed when you think about it, Jesus also had victory over all things as well. Hell, Satan, False Prophet, Beast, and this destruction of Israel in a sense was the glory of God to do so, to bring forth the new administration.
Again, you need a thread dedicated to the conversation. It's off topic. I'm not sure why you refuse to make a thread to carry on that conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.