Losing Your Salvation - Bible Verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture doesn't say "just grace". It says;
EPH 2:8* For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not your own doing, it is the gift of God --
9 not because of works, lest any man should boast.

So, here's my take, it doesn't just take 'grace' which is not "undeserved favor" as the church unbiblically defines the word.
And... it's THRU faith that one can have grace.
You people REALLY need to look up the Greek word being translated and stop posting nonsense.

Here is the word appearing JUST in the book of Ephesians:
  • [Eph 1:2, 6-7 NASB20] 2 Grace[G5485] to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. ... 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace[G5485], with which He favored us in the Beloved. 7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our wrongdoings, according to the riches of His grace[G5485]
  • [Eph 2:5, 7-8 NASB20] 5 even when we were dead in our wrongdoings, made us alive together with Christ (by grace[G5485] you have been saved), ... 7 so that in the ages to come He might show the boundless riches of His grace[G5485] in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace[G5485] you have been saved through faith; and this [is] not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God;
  • [Eph 3:2, 7-8 NASB20] 2 if indeed you have heard of the administration of God's grace[G5485] which was given to me for you; ... 7 of which I was made a minister, according to the gift of God's grace[G5485] which was given to me according to the working of His power. 8 To me, the very least of all saints, this grace[G5485] was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ,
  • [Eph 4:7, 29 NASB20] 7 But to each one of us grace[G5485] was given according to the measure of Christ's gift. ... 29 Let no unwholesome word come out of your mouth, but if [there is] any good [word] for edification according to the need [of the moment, say that,] so that it will give grace[G5485] to those who hear.
  • [Eph 6:24 NASB20] 24 Grace[G5485] be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ with incorruptible [love.]

Here is the Strong’s definition for G5485:
χάρις cháris, khar'-ece; from G5463; graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude)

It is worth noting of GRACE [G5485], that the identical form of the word appears exactly twice in the Bible:
  • [Eph 2:5 NASB20] 5 even when we were dead in our wrongdoings, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), ...
  • [Eph 2:8 NASB20] 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this [is] not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God;
  • χάριτί - Dative Singular Feminine
Clearly it IS about God showing love and favor that is not earned (as the Church CORRECTLY teaches) and OUR faith is most definitely NOT the source of Grace in Ephesians 2 (no matter how many times such false statements are repeated). Scripture and the Greek language are clear on those points. So accept what the Apostles wrote, and move on.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why bother?

You said it was a "non sequitur"
Since NOBODY is claiming that the TARES (unsaved living lives of reprobation) are saved, you arguments about whenever ”Eternal Security“ for the saved means that the TARES will go to heaven is a non sequitur. The question from someone like me that believes God does promise Eternal Security for the Saints for someone like you that believes God promises no one Eternal Security is:

Do you claim that only those that live lives of SINLESS PERFECTION are saved?
Does just one sin disqualify you from heaven?

… We are STILL waiting to hear your answer.

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must be Born Again, then you are saved, it’s that simple.

One must receive that spiritual birth, that only God can do, through the Holy Spirit.

It’s a Living spiritual birth!
You are right, it is a SPIRITUAL re-birth of your spirit for salvation. Not the salvation of your soul and not the salvation of your body. And it is your spirit which got SAVED through being DECLARED RIGHTOUSNESS through the JUSTIFICATION of IMPUTED RIGHTOUSNESS. That is the pattern of salvation revealed by the life of Jesus.

YLT 1TI 3:16 and, confessedly, great is the secret of piety - God was manifested in flesh (as the body of Jesus), declared righteous in spirit, (Jesus' spirit is correctly not capitalized here, as in Luke 23:46)

KJV 1TI 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit,
(incorrectly capitalized here, correctly NOT capitalized in Luke 23:46)

Jesus was a triune man. At His birth, He had 'a holy spirit' from God (not the Holy Spirit of GOD), He had an unsaved soul, and he had an unsaved sinful nature body/flesh. We don't that that spirit until our spirit is reborn. Jesus didn't need to be born again after birth, like us.

ROM 8:3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do: sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh,

IOW, He never gave in to the temptations from His sinful flesh natured body. He WALKED in IMPARTED RIGHTEOUSNESS all His life.

( He worked out the salvation of his soul from birth to the day that he "fulfilled all righteousness" at the baptism of John. He was then declared a mature or perfect HUIOS/son of GOD by God who spoke from heaven.

He was "declared righteous" from birth because of the 'holy spirit of Christ' which was in him. The very same holy spirit of Christ which we receive when our spirit is "born again". Your spirit and His spirit aren't two spirits. They become joined as one spirit with him.

1CO 6:17 But he who is united to the Lord becomes one spirit with him. (again correctly NOT CAPITALIZED)

And that spirit you receive is 'a holy spirit' from God it is not 'the Holy Spirit OF God'. Jesus wasn't born with the Holy Spirit of God in Him and He didn't receive the Holy Spirit of God until he was 30 years old.

He "fulfilled rightousness" (imparted righteousness) in His soul by walking sinlessly as a transgressor who was tempted, but never sinned.

ROM 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(spirit here should not be capitalized either. It's talking about the holy spirit of Christ in you. The same holy spirit Jesus walked out the salvation of His soul with.

ONLY the KJV reveals to those with eyes to see and ears to hear this very dilemma I am now sharing with you. READ AND THINK.

KJV
EPH 1:13* In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

KJV EPH 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of/from God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

KJV 1TH 4:8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

KJV PSA 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:16 KJV:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God has given the grace of forgiveness to those who trust in Christ and His work on the cross and those that enter into a relationship with Him. As Paul says, this justification is a free gift of grace paid for by Jesus' sacrifice. Grace is God's kindness, His gracious generosity, His undeserved favour and spiritual blessing. The Apostle Paul wrote in Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV): "For by grace are ye saved through faith; (our belief of Christ redemptive sacrifice) and that not of yourselves: it is the GIFT OF GOD: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Our need for forgiveness could ONLY be accomplished by Christ, not anything we ourselves could do.It is his favour or love of man (GRACE), not willing that ANY should perish, that God provided the way in Jesus, his only begotten Son.
John 14:6 KJV: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. He is the door, one cannot enter into God except through him.
John 19:
30 I and my Father are one.

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You people REALLY need to look up the Greek word being translated and stop posting nonsense.

Here is the word appearing JUST in the book of Ephesians:
  • [Eph 1:2, 6-7 NASB20] 2 Grace[G5485] to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. ... 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace[G5485], with which He favored us in the Beloved. 7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our wrongdoings, according to the riches of His grace[G5485]
  • [Eph 2:5, 7-8 NASB20] 5 even when we were dead in our wrongdoings, made us alive together with Christ (by grace[G5485] you have been saved), ... 7 so that in the ages to come He might show the boundless riches of His grace[G5485] in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace[G5485] you have been saved through faith; and this [is] not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God;
  • [Eph 3:2, 7-8 NASB20] 2 if indeed you have heard of the administration of God's grace[G5485] which was given to me for you; ... 7 of which I was made a minister, according to the gift of God's grace[G5485] which was given to me according to the working of His power. 8 To me, the very least of all saints, this grace[G5485] was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ,
  • [Eph 4:7, 29 NASB20] 7 But to each one of us grace[G5485] was given according to the measure of Christ's gift. ... 29 Let no unwholesome word come out of your mouth, but if [there is] any good [word] for edification according to the need [of the moment, say that,] so that it will give grace[G5485] to those who hear.
  • [Eph 6:24 NASB20] 24 Grace[G5485] be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ with incorruptible [love.]

Here is the Strong’s definition for G5485:
χάρις cháris, khar'-ece; from G5463; graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude)

It is worth noting of GRACE [G5485], that the identical form of the word appears exactly twice in the Bible:
  • [Eph 2:5 NASB20] 5 even when we were dead in our wrongdoings, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), ...
  • [Eph 2:8 NASB20] 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this [is] not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God;
  • χάριτί - Dative Singular Feminine
Clearly it IS about God showing love and favor that is not earned (as the Church CORRECTLY teaches) and OUR faith is most definitely NOT the source of Grace in Ephesians 2 (no matter how many times such false statements are repeated). Scripture and the Greek language are clear on those points. So accept what the Apostles wrote, and move on.
I know what Strong's says. I wore the covers off my first STRONGS concordance. What YOU are missing is this; let the bible interpret the bible when a dictionary made by a MAN doesn't line up with your "UNDESERVED FAVOR" church definition.

JAM 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

1PE 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and
giveth grace to the humble.

If I have TO HUMBLE MYSELF as scripture plainly states, to receive His GRACE then 'GRACE is not something' I didn't have to DO SOMETHING or WORK for, to receive.

And plug my GRACE definition (which John Bevere agrees with) into every one of your verses above and see if GRACE isn't the POWER of God being given in every one of those instances to accomplish HIS WILL.
I highlighted IN RED every thing GRACE DID in your list above.

The "gift" of Ephesians 2 is not GRACE it is FAITH. And not your faith, it is His faith given to you TO BELIEVE. Because FAITH comes by HEARING and HEARING by the WORD/REHMA/SPOKEN from/of God. You don't get to hear that word until God wants you to get born again...."not of your will, but the will of God

John 1: 13 Which were born (again), not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God (his will).
PHI 2:13 for God is at work in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

Last edited:
Reactions: St. SteVen

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are right, it is a SPIRITUAL re-birth of your spirit for salvation. Not the salvation of your soul and not the salvation of your body. And it is your spirit which got SAVED through being DECLARED RIGHTOUSNESS through the JUSTIFICATION of IMPUTED RIGHTOUSNESS. That is the pattern of salvation revealed by the life of Jesus.

YLT 1TI 3:16 and, confessedly, great is the secret of piety - God was manifested in flesh (as the body of Jesus), declared righteous in spirit, (Jesus' spirit is correctly not capitalized here, as in Luke 23:46)

KJV 1TI 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit,
(incorrectly capitalized here, correctly NOT capitalized in Luke 23:46)

Jesus was a triune man. At His birth, He had 'a holy spirit' from God (not the Holy Spirit of GOD), He had an unsaved soul, and he had an unsaved sinful nature body/flesh. We don't that that spirit until our spirit is reborn. Jesus didn't need to be born again after birth, like us.

ROM 8:3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do: sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh,

IOW, He never gave in to the temptations from His sinful flesh natured body. He WALKED in IMPARTED RIGHTEOUSNESS all His life.

( He worked out the salvation of his soul from birth to the day that he "fulfilled all righteousness" at the baptism of John. He was then declared a mature or perfect HUIOS/son of GOD by God who spoke from heaven.

He was "declared righteous" from birth because of the 'holy spirit of Christ' which was in him. The very same holy spirit of Christ which we receive when our spirit is "born again". Your spirit and His spirit aren't two spirits. They become joined as one spirit with him.

1CO 6:17 But he who is united to the Lord becomes one spirit with him. (again correctly NOT CAPITALIZED)

And that spirit you receive is 'a holy spirit' from God it is not 'the Holy Spirit OF God'. Jesus wasn't born with the Holy Spirit of God in Him and He didn't receive the Holy Spirit of God until he was 30 years old.

He "fulfilled rightousness" (imparted righteousness) in His soul by walking sinlessly as a transgressor who was tempted, but never sinned.

ROM 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(spirit here should not be capitalized either. It's talking about the holy spirit of Christ in you. The same holy spirit Jesus walked out the salvation of His soul with.

ONLY the KJV reveals to those with eyes to see and ears to hear this very dilemma I am now sharing with you. READ AND THINK.

KJV
EPH 1:13* In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

KJV EPH 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of/from God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

KJV 1TH 4:8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

KJV PSA 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

I was birthed in the Spirit 31 years ago and knew from day one I was “ Born Again “ ...by the way there are a few here who seem to not like hearing those words....” Born Again...my question is why?

It seems they think they can quote some scripture, which somehow makes them Born Again.

As you well know...being Born Again from above is a Living supernatural birth...it blows your mind, when one has been birthed in the spirit.....as in.

Hebrews 4:12​

New International Version​

12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

It’s a mystery how God births us in the Holy Spirit...how he testifies with our spirit that we are his children.....it’s “ Breathtakingly Amazing “...and a wonderful gift from God, by his grace and mercy....I only knew I was saved, once he birthed my spirit into his...Birthed then saved....all by the Spirit of God.

John 3:8​

“The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.”

Many on here play the rebirth down....they just post scripture....which anyone can post...

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The "gift" of Ephesians 2 is not GRACE it is FAITH. And not your faith, it is His faith given to you TO BELIEVE. Because FAITH comes by HEARING and HEARING by the WORD/REHMA/SPOKEN from/of God. You don't get to hear that word until God wants you to get born again...."not of your will, but the will of God
AMEN!!!

its the will of God who gets to be “ Birthed in the Spirit “.....like you I’ve had to work so much out, all I want to know, is all about God .....

But, when I say work so much out.....we can’t do any of that unless God birthed us in the Spirit.....then we have that new heart and Spirit within....the Holy Spirit.....our whole life is about to change, when we become Born Again.....it’s an amazing journey...it’s also a very hard journey.....

we have those spiritual eyes and ears....from day one, we are in the Kingdom of God....we are in the world, but we are not of the world...

As you know....we can do NOTHING and are NOTHING....without that critical rebirth/ Born Again/ Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Which can only come from above.....GOD.....The Holy Spirit does the will of the Father through us...there is NOTHING that can separate us from him...not even death!

John 3:8​

ESVThe wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
NIVThe wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.'
NASBThe wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it is coming from and where it is going; so is everyone who has been born of the Spirit.'
CSBThe wind blows where it pleases, and you hear its sound, but you don't know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You can only enter into a spiritual relationship with God...if he births you in the Spirit....become Born Again by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Other than that happening....there is NO relationship with God...as a relationship with God is through the Holy Spirit....you can’t decide to have a relationship with God....One must be “ Born Again”....period!

Which is a supernatural act of God...he does it through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God promises no one Eternal Security

As I've already stated... there is security for those abiding IN Christ.

Once a Christian decides to go sin, they are no longer abiding IN Christ.... the OSAS peoples claim that if one lives in sin they are still in right standign with the Lord and the devil sure is very happy to hear people teaching his lies like that.

'Ol slewfoot really enjoys the help the OSAS people are providing by helping him spread his message that it'[s OK to sin and it's no big deal.

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was birthed in the Spirit 31 years ago and knew from day one I was “ Born Again “ ...by the way there are a few here who seem to not like hearing those words....” Born Again...my question is why?

It seems they think they can quote some scripture, which somehow makes them Born Again.

As you well know...being Born Again from above is a Living supernatural birth...it blows your mind, when one has been birthed in the spirit.....as in.
And I was born again 51 years ago sister :innocent: And you're right, quoting scripture just makes you religious. And being religious applies to Hindu, Muslim and Christians. Being born and raised in a church no more makes you born again, than being born and raised in a garage makes you a car. :blush:
And; Yes, when my spirit got born again it blew my soul (mind, will, emotions) too. My spirit was OSAS and my soul began the process of becoming saved as I started to OBEY that new holy spirit of Christ in me AND I also started letting my new bible start READING ME as I was reading it. That's when I started to 'work out the salvation of my soul with fear and trembling', but also with JOY.

PHI 2:12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
I began a walk of faith that night, whose goal was to save my soul through the process of PROGRESSIVE sanctification

1PE 1:9 As the outcome of your faith (walk) you obtain the salvation of your souls

But, like Paul I still have not "obtained that for which I was obtained for"....that being the perfecting of my soul's (mind will emotions) saving through sanctification.

1PE 2:1 Therefore, putting aside all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander,
2 like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word,
so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation,

It’s a mystery how God births us in the Holy Spirit...how he testifies with our spirit that we are his children.....it’s “ Breathtakingly Amazing “...and a wonderful gift from God, by his grace and mercy....I only knew I was saved, once he birthed my spirit into his...Birthed then saved....all by the Spirit of God.
Bear with me here Sis, He does not "birth us IN the Holy Spirit". He births us BY the Holy Spirit just like He did Jesus. And Jesus taught Nicodemus that very same principle. 'That which is born OF the Holy Spirit is our spirit.'

JOH 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Note; it does not say "that which is born of the Spirit is the Spirit."

Many on here play the rebirth down....they just post scripture....which anyone can post...
I don't down play the rebirth and eternally saved holy spirit I was reborn with. Nor do I down play just how unsaved my soul still is.

But I am still putting away sins as I receive WORDS from the spirit of truth in me. WORDS which will progressively save my soul as they are planted in my heart. Being saved by the same spirit which saved Jesus until the day he received the Holy Spirit of God...at age 30. And with 'that Spirit' available, He FIRST began to do miracles.

JAM 1:21 Therefore put away all filthiness and rank growth of wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

I hope I'm not overwhelming you too much. I know I am radically different. But you seem to be getting more than our Armenian brethren here. :goodj:

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
quoting scripture just makes you religious

Not necessarily.... if one is walking with the Lord, the Holy Spirit leads them in to ALL Truth (John 16:13) and God's Word is Truth (John 17:17)

So those walking in the Spirit are going to be very involved in acting on God's Word, thinking God's Word, speaking God's Word, telling others what God says in His Word, making decisions based on what God says in His Word.

The Father, His Word, and the Holy Ghost cannot be separated. They are One. (1 John 5:7)

So, "religion" is not always a bad thing...

James 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not necessarily.... if one is walking with the Lord, the Holy Spirit leads them in to ALL Truth (John 16:13) and God's Word is Truth (John 17:17)

So those walking in the Spirit are going to be very involved in acting on God's Word, thinking God's Word, speaking God's Word, telling others what God says in His Word, making decisions based on what God says in His Word.

The Father, His Word, and the Holy Ghost cannot be separated. They are One. (1 John 5:7)

James 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
You can’t walk with the Lord unless you are Born Again...

You also can’t walk in the Spirit unless you are Born Again..

How would you know how to walk in the Spirit?

How does the Holy Spirit lead you into All truth?

Now, that’s a very easy question to answe?

Reading scripture is NOT walking in the Spirit?

If you think that...then you are very much mistaken....

Reactions: Hillsage

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Religion is man made.

One must be Born Again...to understand the word of God...in Spirit!?

Of course one can understand God’s word in their own understanding..it’s called man made religion....which has no foundation on which to stand.

Only the” Living Word OF God”....is the true foundation on which to stand...which happens when he births us in Spirit....as in Holy Spirit.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And I was born again 51 years ago sister :innocent: And you're right, quoting scripture just makes you religious. And being religious applies to Hindu, Muslim and Christians. Being born and raised in a church no more makes you born again, than being born and raised in a garage makes you a car. :blush:
And; Yes, when my spirit got born again it blew my soul (mind, will, emotions) too. My spirit was OSAS and my soul began the process of becoming saved as I started to OBEY that new holy spirit of Christ in me AND I also started letting my new bible start READING ME as I was reading it. That's when I started to 'work out the salvation of my soul with fear and trembling', but also with JOY.

PHI 2:12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
I began a walk of faith that night, whose goal was to save my soul through the process of PROGRESSIVE sanctification

1PE 1:9 As the outcome of your faith (walk) you obtain the salvation of your souls

But, like Paul I still have not "obtained that for which I was obtained for"....that being the perfecting of my soul's (mind will emotions) saving through sanctification.

1PE 2:1 Therefore, putting aside all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander,
2 like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word,
so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation,

Bear with me here Sis, He does not "birth us IN the Holy Spirit". He births us BY the Holy Spirit just like He did Jesus. And Jesus taught Nicodemus that very same principle. 'That which is born OF the Holy Spirit is our spirit.'

JOH 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Note; it does not say "that which is born of the Spirit is the Spirit."

I don't down play the rebirth and eternally saved holy spirit I was reborn with. Nor do I down play just how unsaved my soul still is.

But I am still putting away sins as I receive WORDS from the spirit of truth in me. WORDS which will progressively save my soul as they are planted in my heart. Being saved by the same spirit which saved Jesus until the day he received the Holy Spirit of God...at age 30. And with 'that Spirit' available, He FIRST began to do miracles.

JAM 1:21 Therefore put away all filthiness and rank growth of wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

I hope I'm not overwhelming you too much. I know I am radically different. But you seem to be getting more than our Armenian brethren here. :goodj:
You’re no different to me...I understand exactly what you are saying....as we are both “ In The Spirit “.....we are Both in “ Harmony “ with the Living word of God.

Hallelujah and Praise Almighty God.....!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hillsage

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
got commentary.below
...my words...we are united with God, when we become Born Again and not until..you have NO relationship with the Father, as Through the Holy Spirit , unless you are Born Again...and remember a Born Again is being made into the image of Jesus...that power comes through the Holy Spirit....he is the only one who can do that, as children of God we learn to submit to the Fathers will, through the Holy Spirit who indwells our spirit..

got commentary.......Those who walk in the Spirit are united with Him and are the bearers of the fruit the Spirit produces. Thus, those who walk in the Spirit walk in love—they live in love for God and for their fellow man. Those who walk in the Spirit walk in joy—they exhibit gladness in what God has done, is doing, and will do. Those who walk in the Spirit walk in peace—their lives are not defined by worry or anxiety (Philippians 4:6). Those who walk in the Spirit walk in patience—they are known for having a “long fuse” and do not lose their temper. Those who walk in the Spirit walk in kindness—they show tender concern for the needs of others. Those who walk in the Spirit walk in goodness—their actions reflect virtue and holiness. Those who walk in the Spirit walk in faithfulness—they are steadfast in their trust of God and His Word. Those who walk in the Spirit walk in gentleness—their lives are characterized by humility, grace, and thankfulness to God. Those who walk in the Spirit walk in self-control—they display moderation, constraint, and the ability to say “no” to the flesh.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's when I started to 'work out the salvation of my soul with fear and trembling', but also with JOY.
Indeed....I wouldn’t DARE cross God or go against his word...” KNOWINGLY “....

But, it can be done out of ignorance, after all...we know nothing as a New Babe....all is revealed to our spirit...through the Holy Spirit who indwells our spirit.

He is our role model and it takes time to build that firm foundation in Christ and it can only be done through the Spirit.

We learn to let go of our flesh and walk in the Spirit....all takes time to learn and understand.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can’t walk with the Lord unless you are Born Again...

You also can’t walk in the Spirit unless you are Born Again..

How would you know how to walk in the Spirit?

How does the Holy Spirit lead you into All truth?

Now, that’s a very easy question to answe?

Reading scripture is NOT walking in the Spirit?

If you think that...then you are very much mistaken....

Surely your advice is not to throw God's Word in the trash and ignore His written Word?

One cannot walk in the Spirit.... without knowing what God has said.

If you think that...then you are very much mistaken.... that's how false doctrine gets started is when people try to walk in the Spirit without knowing what God has already said in His Word.

The Holy Spirit will NEVER lead anyone to do or believe things that are not in agreement with His Word.... so it's to satan's advantage if one does not know God's Word as he can easily deceived those that are ignorant of what God has said.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Surely your advice is not to throw God's Word in the trash and ignore His written Word?

If you think that...then you are very much mistaken.... that's how false doctrine gets started is when people try to walk in the Spirit without knowing what God has already said in His Word.

The Holy Spirit will NEVER lead anyone to do or believe things that are not in agreement with His Word.... so it's to satan's advantage if one does not know God's Word as he can easily deceived those that are ignorant of what God has said.
You must be Born Again to understand the written word of God.

So NO, I have not thrown his Living word into the trash as you suggested.

You Sir are walking in your own words, by leading “ Yourself “ through the Bible...which in my opinion you have been doing.

You also deny the Living word of God ..that one must be “ Born Again “...that is why you are having problems with the word....you aren’t understanding what it means to be Born Again.

If you knew that..you wouldn’t be spreading your own teaching all over this topic.

You would be spreading God’s Living word.

That a True Born Again can NEVER lose their salvation....and I will continue to stand on the Living word of God!!

Your teaching is false and a lie from the devil....a Born Again can never be UN - BIRTHED....period.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amen.
Those that say they have no need to read & study the word, yet they claim to be believers, remain stunted, never maturing, bc they have not taken of the living water & the bread of life; the word !

I would be ashamed to try to correct those who are fat in the word and that have become giants of faith.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You must be Born Again to understand and study the Living word of God.

There are many who post scripture, with no interpretation of it whatsoever...therefore it’s just lip service....

They are reading it from their own understanding.

We are called to test every Spirit....and we have been given discernment....for those who lip serve...yet their hearts/ spirit is far from God.

Beware of False prophets...

Status
Not open for further replies.