Lost Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alistein

May 4, 2008
(Garry;49112)
thanks
Garry, I could go into my story like many here but I won't I do however feel you're confused. I think you are associating feelings with God that is basing your relationship with God on how you feel. I am sorry if I am not coming out well about this but it might be helpful to move around friends that are knowledgeable in the Word and to join a good christian church. The Christian walk is primarily based on scripture. Spend some time in the Word and ask God to speak to you through it.

Siskim

Jan 29, 2008
Sorry to hear this Garry. I've been saved almost 30 years now and yes there were times when I seemed to go right back into my life; I guess like a prodical. I went back to old ways, but in my heart I never forgot and it never took too long for me to realize I was empty without Jesus and came crawling back. But no, like the prodicals father, God grabbed me with love when I began to come back. Brother, it's too good to let go of, and it's not a good day to let go in. Faith can fade and wither if we are not being renewed in some way by the Word or real fellowship with people who are real in God. Remember He is the author and finisher of our faith; he doesn't give up on you, now how about you? You gonna give up on him? never do! Because then you are giving up everything.I am a person who saw a person actually see him and can tell you brother...in the world which you cannot see, you are seen! Not now and then but at all moments. Yes there come times sometimes when we don't feel that God is near, but if the plane crashes and you open your eyes on the other side of this life, you will see who you can't see now and be glad you kept your seat belt on. Hold on...fight the good fight of faith...lay hold on eternal life and know that there is one who also wants your soul and don't go for his many delusions, but trust in what you cannot see and cannot always feel...Faith is not feeling, it's trust. Trust even if you make your bed in hell. Choose to! And God will never fail you; put him to the test by standing firm in season and out of season and know that out of the valleys of Bacca he makes a well. Everytime! love siskim

Garry

May 5, 2008
thanks everyone for the advice. To be honest, I feel so much happier not being a christian. i feel free to be the person i want to be. i dont have to be on my knees at every waking moment and i dont have to forgive people and i can just be happy. i never got any of that as a christian.i think that if there is some kind of god, i think he is either a deist god or he doesn't care. i appreciate the advice but i won't be coming back to faith.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Garry;51075)
thanks everyone for the advice. To be honest, I feel so much happier not being a christian. i feel free to be the person i want to be. i dont have to be on my knees at every waking moment and i dont have to forgive people and i can just be happy. i never got any of that as a christian.i think that if there is some kind of god, i think he is either a deist god or he doesn't care. i appreciate the advice but i won't be coming back to faith.
That's too bad.God's will be done.

Nyoka

Mar 26, 2008
(Garry;51075)
I am sorry to hear that.
sad.gif
If you ever change your mind know that God will be there waiting with open arms.
smile.gif

ps77

Nov 3, 2007
(Garry;48451)
Thanks people.:cool:Thing is, i did believe and understand what Jesus had done for me. I truly did beleive in him as my saviour. I didn't trust my good works to save me. I trusted Jesus to save me.When i started having doubts and problems with my faith, i prayed over and over again to God that he would help me love him again and help me lead a better life.But even when i asked God for help, my faith continued to slip. That's why i'm agnostic now.If christianity is true, then i don't really understand why i lost faith as there was a time when i truly accepted Jesus and truly loved him.
But, with that logic, could you not ask the question if Christianity is true, then why is the whole world not saved?If that is what you truly believe, you can't let small doubts get in your way. As it is with anything, there are times when we rethink what we do, or why we do it. That's why we have to know what we believe. Know what we think. and know why. That is key.Inevitably we will slip up. Mess up. Fall.But that doesn't we should abandon everything that has come before the fall.I'm falling. Well, I may not be falling, but I am transforming, and beginning to mature spiritually. The way that it is happening, some see it as falling. While there are a lot of things I find wrong with Christianity, with things in the Bible, I have to hold fast. Something keeps me coming back, somehow, in some new form.But that's me, and you are you. We are different people. If it is not working for you, maybe it isn't you. But then again, it's not like it is supposed to be easy. We have to work at our faith. It isn't a destination. It is a journey.