Love fulfills the law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
mjrhealth said:
Gods official version is Jesus. Mans offical version is the bible. Why are you so mad at me, if you have the truth you would have no reason to be mad at me. You really dont understand teh law do you, not one bit.

Waht does the law do,

Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

What else

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Mat 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Mat 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 19:20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
Mat 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

YEs look at me look at me i am so good, the law sets men to boast,
yet
Mat 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

Not so easy is it

And

Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

What did teh one with teh law do,

Lok at me look at me look at me, yet again found wanting,

And what about Saul..

Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Again even he had reason to boast, a pharisee yet by the law killing Gods children because the law said it was a good thing to do,

And what does God think about it all,

Hos 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

God is love, man was created in Gods image which is Love, Jesus comanded us to Love why because He is love, those who are in Christ have Love, Love does no evil. Why is love such a problem, if you are in Christ and put on His righteousenss, how can you sin, how can you do evil, Jesus has no "guile" in Him.

Mat_23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

See the ones who had the law always did the things the "law" comanded them to do, they would rather kill than forgive, wouldnt lift a hand to help anyone on teh sabbath because of the "law" yet as Jesus said, they would rescue a lamb from a well.

Is that what you want so bad, to die. Because that is what the law is doing, it has condemend you to death, that is what the law does. Jesus, the one without sin, was slayen by the law, because He took our sin upon himself, if He had not the law would never have killed Him, it could not Do you really think you can do a better job of it than Him.
Because we are not under the law, but under grace, right MJ?

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Yeah...everyone seems to love that verse, don't they? No law? YES!! Our rebellious hearts just love the idea of throwing the rule book away. We can be "righteous" without actually trying...and how is that? Because Christ

Oh...but wait...there is more:

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

So, tell us, Mj...whose servant are you to obey?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Our rebellious hearts just love the idea of throwing the rule book away.
Amen,

Is Jesus sin, have you not put on His righteousnness or are you still wearing yours by the law. Is His righteousness sin, or is Jesus a liar. You dont see because like so may you choose not to see. You claim to be in Him but all you say says you are not. How can you be in Him and still sin,To sin one needs a law to break, its becasue you hold onto the law and not Him than you sin, for you choose your own righteousness by the law rather than His by grace. Our life is in Him, how can you have life if you are under the law and the stench of death.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
mjrhealth said:
Amen,

Is Jesus sin, have you not put on His righteousnness or are you still wearing yours by the law. Is His righteousness sin, or is Jesus a liar. You dont see because like so may you choose not to see. You claim to be in Him but all you say says you are not. How can you be in Him and still sin,To sin one needs a law to break, its becasue you hold onto the law and not Him than you sin, for you choose your own righteousness by the law rather than His by grace. Our life is in Him, how can you have life if you are under the law and the stench of death.

MJR, so what you are saying is you are perfect..infallible? You applying for the pope's job...you should only he claims to be infallible..that makes two of you now...lol

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:
Amen,

Are you claiming to be without sin, then, Mj?

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perfect if I was perfect I would not need Christ, have I sinned yes I have sinned, what you too have failed to comprehend is what Christ has done for you. Are you in Christ or not, if you are in Christ have you not put on His righteousness or are you still wearing you own which is as filthy rags. If you are not in Christ of course you will sin for sinners need the law to do good for they need the threat of death by the law you have chosen hanging over you. Those who are in Christ and who walk in the Spirit, have no condemnation because they have no law to condemn them, because they wear His righteousness , and His righteousness has no sin, we are called to walk in Love because God is love. Love seeks no evil does no eveil needs no laws to do right. Only sinners need the law just as they do in this world.

If ypo choose to be condmend by the law fine, just dont expect grace to be there to rescue you. You have chosen your own way over His.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:
Perfect if I was perfect I would not need Christ, have I sinned yes I have sinned, what you too have failed to comprehend is what Christ has done for you. Are you in Christ or not, if you are in Christ have you not put on His righteousness or are you still wearing you own which is as filthy rags. If you are not in Christ of course you will sin for sinners need the law to do good for they need the threat of death by the law you have chosen hanging over you. Those who are in Christ and who walk in the Spirit, have no condemnation because they have no law to condemn them, because they wear His righteousness , and His righteousness has no sin, we are called to walk in Love because God is love. Love seeks no evil does no eveil needs no laws to do right. Only sinners need the law just as they do in this world.

If ypo choose to be condmend by the law fine, just dont expect grace to be there to rescue you. You have chosen your own way over His.
If I can unravel this, I think we are sort of saying the same thing.

Or maybe I'm just not getting enough sleep....

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Simply put, if we all walked in love the world would need no laws.

Keeping the law does not impress God, just gives men reason to boast,
adds nothing to your salvation not one dot.
steals your peace,
condemns you to death when you break it
replaces His works with yours
forfeits grace, its one or the other.
keeps you from God - to busy trying to save yourself.

The law says, look at me look at me see what I am doing,
those who are in Christ say, look at Him look at Him see what He has DONE.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
How do you "walk in love"? MJ...do you follow your own standards? You must, as you do not believe in God's law...interesting theology...so tell me more..what standards do you use to "walk in love"?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How do you "walk in love"? MJ...do you follow your own standards? You must, as you do not believe in God's law...interesting theology...so tell me more..what standards do you use to "walk in love"?
The law is not our standard, Christ is. See HTE what we speak of most is where our heart is, all you speak of is the Law. rarely is Jesus even mentioned anywhere. You have a choice. one cannot serve two masters just as one is not supposed to have two husbands, this bit,

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

See you are married to teh law, it is where your heart is, if you remain married to the law than you cannot be married to Jesus, and be His bride, for to do so, would mean you would break teh law for you would have to commit adultry to do so. So choose is it Jesus or is it teh law, where is your heart.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You say you walk in "love"..how do you do that? How do you love God?
I trust Him, I know Him, I believe Him, I talk to Him, He is my father after all. Dont you??

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Do you use His name in vain? Do you worship statues? Do you believe in graven images? Do you have any other god's you worship? What day do you keep to worship Him?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yo know that wedding feast we have being invited to, teh one where Christ and His bride( teh church) are joined and become as one, the one where one man is found not to be dressed and is removed. See that man tried to get in on His own works, on His own righteousness and was found to be unworthy, those who are invited, even teh dreggs of the earth who He send His workers to invite will be clothed in His righteousness and will be Ready beacuse of what He has done not what they Have done.

Stop grasping at straws you are no good at it, you keep drawing teh short one.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Can't answer it right? lol....you are obviously playing games on here...
But here is a thought for you "this is the love of God, that you keep His Commandments, and they are not grievous (burdensome)"...1st John 5..study this carefully if you intend to become a christian.....

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you use His name in vain? Do you worship statues? Do you believe in graven images? Do you have any other god's you worship? What day do you keep to worship Him?
See HTE im not here for you, like so many christians,

2Ti_4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Yo are not interested in the truth,
so let me answer.

I serve one God the Living God, the one that is the God of the Living not the dead, I have but one saviour Jesus Christ who is all in all and to whom all was given, i have but one teacher the Holy Spirit the comforter whom God send to all whom are His and In Christ so they can learn of Him from Him. As for the rest I belong to no religion I worship and serve my God everyday, because He desrves no less.

As for you, you lay your heart out for all to see, we see whom your Idol is. it is the law, it is all you speak of , it is what you worship, it is all you desire ,

Luk_18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

So you see HTE, Im here for those whom do desire the truth, who do hear from God, who do not that God is real, whom do walk after the Spirit. There are other not unlike you have there determination and there own way, they know not God, they only know scripture Just like Saul, he was blind and couldnt see, took a meeting with christ to open his eyes. So do what you want, If Christ cant change you I have no hope, mind you I knew i couldnt if I tried.

Rom 4:13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
Rom 4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

The law is your burden, you carry it alone, not even Christ can help you with that one.

Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Satan can quote scripture too, but it is not accurate and relevant to the subject at hand, just like yours..amazing..the similarities....you are in denial of the Biblical facts as I quoted to you...Get used to the words of Jesus when He said "then I will say to them in those days depart from me I never knew you you who practice LAWLESSNESS"..Matthew 7...

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
mjrhealth said:
Yo know that wedding feast we have being invited to, teh one where Christ and His bride( teh church) are joined and become as one, the one where one man is found not to be dressed and is removed. See that man tried to get in on His own works, on His own righteousness and was found to be unworthy, those who are invited, even teh dreggs of the earth who He send His workers to invite will be clothed in His righteousness and will be Ready beacuse of what He has done not what they Have done.

Stop grasping at straws you are no good at it, you keep drawing teh short one.
When Jesus saved the woman caught in adultery, He said 'go and sin no more ' John 8:11.

God does not just dress anyone in righteousness. Only those who ''sin no more''.

It sounds like you are pushing Calvinism. Is this a mistake? Are you intending to rather just push OSAS?

If OSAS we just need to qualify that being in Christ and continuing in sin are mutually exclusive.

iakov

Jan 17, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
If you love God, and love your neighbour, as Jesus said, you are fulfilling the law, the Ten Copmmandments..thats what they are all about..the first four, the Love of God, and the last six love of your neighbour, as defined by Jesus.
Except, of course, your KATH-lick neighbors, right hatefromheretoeternity?

Do you love me? I'm not feeling it.