• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dga

Dec 22, 2020
Ashford
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is easy if we do not love our neighbour, to start looking at their faults. The Bible says that love covers a multitude of sins. We should not be like the Pharisees, who did not emphasise love for their enemies, but were just looking to find out, what Jesus was not doing right, trying to find fault with him, although, it was never possible and never could be, to find fault, with the Son of God, who is perfect and Almighty God, who does not make a mistake.

May God help us not to be like the Pharisees who broke all records of fault finding, and be like Jesus, who loved, despite of the sinful state of human beings, by being a friend of sinners.

You see, God does not like, some of the things we do, which are not appropriate according to his standards, but he still loves us, and has forgiven us in Jesus.

Love is fault blind, meaning it goes over the shortcomings and mistakes of people. That is why Jesus said that he is interested in mercy for people, and not sacrifice.

There was an occasion, when some of the disciples of Jesus, wanted to call fire to fall from heaven, and to burn some people, who were around them. But Jesus did not approve that. All that those disciples could see at that time, was the mistakes of those people, and they could not see further than that, but Jesus did see further, and wanted mercy for those people, and not to make them like a burning sacrifice or kill them. He came to give people life, and was the friend of sinners.

When we concentrate on the shortcomings and sins of people around us, we become blind to the good in them, and we become love blind, instead of being fault blind. God wants us to be more fault blind and not love blind, because he is Love, and because that is why he sent his Son Jesus, to die for sinners, and call them to salvation, and not to kill them. God always desires mercy before looking for punishing someone for their sins. He is looking for repentance from people, and not to kill them, and and forget about them. He wants to take repentant and forgiven sinners to heaven.

We are always fault blind, or love blind, one or the other, but we can not be both, at the same time. The devil is called the accuser. He is the one accusing people for their sins before God, just as he did with Job. He is the master fault finder. God on the other hand, is always merciful and gracious, wanting to forgive people their sins, and to overlook their mistakes or sins, because of what Jesus did for humanity.

MORE: Why Fast?
WHY FAST?

Reactions: Wynona

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In consideration of all that is posted here.

It is true that people will judge other people; even in the realm of ' Christianity '. Even new born again Christians who are babe in Christ will judge other people. It was not new to me to look at other people and judge them when becoming a new born again Christian.

Did not know anything was a whole new experience from a spiritual aspect, and in life growing up in the spiritual walk there was times where would condemn, or lash out at others, and when walking away the holy spirit would convict and the Father above set me straight on what was being done was wrong.

Over the course of 5 years now; still have problems just like everyone else but am far less more judgmental than my first initial walk. The desire from the spirit of Christ with-in me is to have love for God with heart, mind, and soul to the best of my capability of walking in faith and worshiping God in spirit and truth, and to tell the truth when it is the right time to let the truth be known. If it is to save a friend from trouble or that their action may lead them to their death, if they do not quit but if they do not listen. The only other option is to pray for them.

It is easy for a Christian who is walking around Judging others and calling them out for their faults.

It is even harder for a Christian do look at himself/herself in the mirror and realize they are just as broken as the next person and have been redeemed by placing their trust in Christ; and God through faith and walking by the spirit to have love for even your enemies, or those who revile you, or talk bad about you behind your back and have forgiveness for them allowing God to grow you from the babe into a spiritual mature Christian.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is easy if we do not love our neighbour, to start looking at their faults. The Bible says that love covers a multitude of sins. We should not be like the Pharisees, who did not emphasise love for their enemies, but were just looking to find out, what Jesus was not doing right, trying to find fault with him, although, it was never possible and never could be, to find fault, with the Son of God, who is perfect and Almighty God, who does not make a mistake.

May God help us not to be like the Pharisees who broke all records of fault finding, and be like Jesus, who loved, despite of the sinful state of human beings, by being a friend of sinners.

You see, God does not like, some of the things we do, which are not appropriate according to his standards, but he still loves us, and has forgiven us in Jesus.

Love is fault blind, meaning it goes over the shortcomings and mistakes of people. That is why Jesus said that he is interested in mercy for people, and not sacrifice.

There was an occasion, when some of the disciples of Jesus, wanted to call fire to fall from heaven, and to burn some people, who were around them. But Jesus did not approve that. All that those disciples could see at that time, was the mistakes of those people, and they could not see further than that, but Jesus did see further, and wanted mercy for those people, and not to make them like a burning sacrifice or kill them. He came to give people life, and was the friend of sinners.

When we concentrate on the shortcomings and sins of people around us, we become blind to the good in them, and we become love blind, instead of being fault blind. God wants us to be more fault blind and not love blind, because he is Love, and because that is why he sent his Son Jesus, to die for sinners, and call them to salvation, and not to kill them. God always desires mercy before looking for punishing someone for their sins. He is looking for repentance from people, and not to kill them, and and forget about them. He wants to take repentant and forgiven sinners to heaven.

We are always fault blind, or love blind, one or the other, but we can not be both, at the same time. The devil is called the accuser. He is the one accusing people for their sins before God, just as he did with Job. He is the master fault finder. God on the other hand, is always merciful and gracious, wanting to forgive people their sins, and to overlook their mistakes or sins, because of what Jesus did for humanity.

WHY FAST?

Love definitely covers a multitude of sins sir, but we of course cannot overlook a practicer of serious sin.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WHY FAST?

There is some truth in what you are saying, but we can't really be blind to sin and evil. It teaches us what good is. We need to realize we are all sinners, have mercy and forgiveness (not realistic to be blind to their sin); but find something good about a person and focus on that, even if it is one thing.

GOD is LOVE. He loved us when we were yet sinners. After He forgives our sins, then He remembers them no more. How do we do that - not remember? Forgiveness means that that sin is not an issue anymore.
God sees our new spirit, cleansed white as snow. And that is our eternal condition apart from our flesh - where sin dwells. So if we could only see the good in someone and disregard the rest, that would be wonderful. Our spirit leaves this body at death or if we are alive when the resurrection comes and only our good qualities pass on.
Anyways, it is hard to do. It is like knowing an evil criminal, a drug dealing scoundrel. You despise him, don't trust him and stay far away. That is how we see him. God may see him differently, knowing he will find Christ in jail and 10 years later become a Pastor and lead others to Christ as he saw Saul, who persecuted Christians but He had something else in mind, he changed his mind Qhis heart and He became Paul.
I have a challenge this week, a challenge to forgive and love someone who no one in the family likes, someone I have despised through the years, but I must find something good and focus on that.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WHY FAST?

that's true a wife that despises her husband will find fault in all he does or even doesn't do. and the reverse is true. if she is in love with him she will even make excuses to justify faults that others find in him.

hence this is the justification by faith. the Almighty loves, loyalty, faithfulness, honor, and will see no fault, only that faithfulness. just look at King David, he broke all the rules at one time or another but he was always faithful to the Lord his God.

which really is the covering of sin, which was brought to bare when Ham pointed out his father's nakedness and Shem, and Japheth walked backwards with a covering to cover their father's nakedness. Noah cursed Ham and the Lord God agreed and made sure it followed through all Ham's descendants.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we concentrate on the shortcomings and sins of people around us, we become blind to the good in them, and we become love blind, instead of being fault blind.

I think this has a lot to do with how we respond. I'm not blind to my wife's faults, her shortcomings, just the same, I know she would be better if she were able, and I don't see these things as opportunity to criticize and judge, to find fault, instead, these are times of her weakness, times when I'm to provide as much loving support as I possibly can, to bring her back to a higher ground.

Much love!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that being loving means looking for the good in others rather than focusing on their faults for love covers a multitude of sins.

Ill admit sometimes my love starts to grow cold. But I stir it up by remembering Jesus's love for me and others.

I look at my life sometimes and wonder if there are ways I can practice love more faithfully. I know sometimes I forget to be fully present with those around me. A smile and a friendly manner go a long way sometimes.

Reactions: marks and MatthewG

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must remember that we have been forgiven for all we have done that was sinful. Moreover, while we still may struggle, none of us owns all the world's problems, but we do own our own. If we find fault in others, we must be quick to confess to our Lord and seek HIS guidance on how to proceed with the one we see struggling in sin. Reading His word and listening to the Holy Spirit that indwells us is the best place to start.