Love your enemies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you read all the posts in this thread? I would encourage you to do so, if you haven't. See my post #36.

I do not believe you should divide the Bible as if the Old Testament represents the flesh and the New Testament represents the Spirit. The giving of the law was by the Spirit of God. You find the Spirit throughout the Old Testament. You will find spiritual people of God throughout the Old Testament.

Also, it is not right to divide the Bible as if the Old Testament represents law and the New Testament represents grace. For grace is found throughout the Old Testament, and you will find commandments that Christ has given His people in the New.

The law was given to regulate the Israelite in his relations to God and to other Israelites. Circumcision was a sign of the Abrahamic Covenant (Gen. 17) and later given as law to Israel. (Ex. 4:25) (Ex. 12:48) (Lev. 12:4) It was an outward sign that demonstrated a right spirit toward God. In other words, (Col. 2:11) was true for the Israelite also though Christ had not yet come. It pointed to a greater work of the Spirit in the life of the believing Jew.

Concerning our enemy, satan, God's enemy, no we are not to love satan. We are involved in a spiritual warfare, arn't we? So, how can we fight a spiritual warfare and love the enemy at the same time? Now, in our daily lives, we will come in conflict in areas where we do yield and do not seek any vengeance against one who has wronged us. We take the wrong done and give it to God. We do this as much as possible. (Rom. 12:18) "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. "

Concerning (Rom. 12:19-21) you will note this is a quote from (Deut. 32:35-36). All of which was preparatory for Israel entering the land and encountering war with the enemy of God. All of which was spiritual also. God was coming against the gods of the Canaanites whose cities were fenced up to heaven. Which I believe points to the spiritual opposition.

So, yes the verses you give are true. But we do not act on them to the degree that they are not true. If someone attacks my family, do I let them have them and just give it to God? How is that loving my family? Do I love my enemy more than my family so I let him do with them want he wants? How far are you willing to go to observe your interpretation of loving your enemies?

It wasn't long ago in the news that some poor girl came out of church and literally gouged her eyes out. Why? I'm sure it was due to the preaching on (Matt. 5:29). And for a church to send that type of message, it would have been very legalistic in nature. So already condemnation was probably built up in her. No doubt in my mind that the speaker in the pulpit used these laws of the kingdom to create guilt and condemnation in his people.

So, you can say with (Matt. 5:29), it is either true or it is not. The young girl certainly believed it and was honest in her guilt. Should she have gouged her eyes out?

Stranger

Agree that grace is seen in OT, all pointing to Christ. I never meant to imply God is not Spirit in the Old Testament as well as the new. It is man and man's works that was flesh.

2 Corinthians 3:6-7
[6] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. [7] But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

I get it. you said "In other words, (Col. 2:11) was true for the Israelite also though Christ had not yet come. It pointed to a greater work of the Spirit in the life of the believing Jew."

"Why did God not say to Israel, when they were to enter the promised land, to love your enemies" also pointed to a greater work of God who did love His enemy. (The world).

What Hosea 2:18 mean?
[18] And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.

Justify it all you want by giving the same old argument of: what if hating is to protect your family. It makes it noble. But not the same as when someone says "I need a friend".

James 3:10-11
[10] Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be. [11] Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

There is not a person here, I doubt, that hasn't suffered loss of loved ones, illnesses, homelessness, loss after loss after loss. I doubt anyone really believes this is paradise. I doubt they need to be reminded of it but instead need encouragement to keep hope. Why does it matter to me? Because I study how God wants me to deal with a enemy. My enemies go to church and do the devotionals(I know this because they tell everyone how good they are). Yet they pray something is physically wrong with my daughters newborn when it is delivered. I need to know what God wants me to do so I read and study and share what He says about enemies with my husband, with my family and friends, and with the board. I have to have faith in:

Romans 12:20-21
[20] Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. [21] Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Does that make me a whimp. All oozing with love when what I want is real change. Change that only comes from God. It doesn't help when other believesrs say: crush them and make them pay like in the Old Testament.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
But it was not monotheistic enough.
well, it isn't mono enough for Jews either, but you love them right
The Quran repeatedly denies that that God has a son.
The Bible teaches that Jesus is God's only begotten son.
well, or at least your salaried pastor teaches that, doesn't mean Scripture does,
The creation waits in eager expectation for the revelation of the sons of God.

So it is not the children of the flesh who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as offspring.

But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God's children, to those who believe in his name

Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known.

pick up your cross and follow Me

so i'd like to suggest that they both got it wrong, a little, enough, and that there is a better idea, God's Idea.
Islam is across a border stone for me, and if Islam is a lie then God can handle it i'm sure

but i have to testify that i have lived among them, and they are often much better Christians than Christians imo
and i was raised in Texas ok, i had to be converted there myself lol; it was not a pleasant revelation

now, would i call one a Son of God to their face? No, bc they have a different understanding than i do, and the term "son of God" has diff cultural implications for them. But that doesn't mean that one could not become a Son of God by our understanding, and i suggest that we are provided a foolproof way to discern this, that you or any Christian--or anyone for that matter--may access whenever you like.

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree that grace is seen in OT, all pointing to Christ. I never meant to imply God is not Spirit in the Old Testament as well as the new. It is man and man's works that was flesh.

2 Corinthians 3:6-7
[6] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. [7] But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

I get it. you said "In other words, (Col. 2:11) was true for the Israelite also though Christ had not yet come. It pointed to a greater work of the Spirit in the life of the believing Jew."

"Why did God not say to Israel, when they were to enter the promised land, to love your enemies" also pointed to a greater work of God who did love His enemy. (The world).

What Hosea 2:18 mean?
[18] And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.

Justify it all you want by giving the same old argument of: what if hating is to protect your family. It makes it noble. But not the same as when someone says "I need a friend".

James 3:10-11
[10] Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be. [11] Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

There is not a person here, I doubt, that hasn't suffered loss of loved ones, illnesses, homelessness, loss after loss after loss. I doubt anyone really believes this is paradise. I doubt they need to be reminded of it but instead need encouragement to keep hope. Why does it matter to me? Because I study how God wants me to deal with a enemy. My enemies go to church and do the devotionals(I know this because they tell everyone how good they are). Yet they pray something is physically wrong with my daughters newborn when it is delivered. I need to know what God wants me to do so I read and study and share what He says about enemies with my husband, with my family and friends, and with the board. I have to have faith in:

Romans 12:20-21
[20] Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. [21] Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Does that make me a whimp. All oozing with love when what I want is real change. Change that only comes from God. It doesn't help when other believesrs say: crush them and make them pay like in the Old Testament.

God does not love His enemies. The world was created by God but is now in the hands of His enemy satan. God loves the world as it is of Him. God loves His people who are of Him. He does not love everyone.

Concerning (Col. 2:11), it was true to the Jew under the Old Testament also. The Israelite in being circumcised showed a faith towards God and obedience which showed a greater work upon his spirit also.

(Hosea 2:18) pertains to the Millennium period where Jesus Christ is literally ruling on the face of the earth in Jerusalem. But as we have seen earlier, that day is established only by (Is. 63:1-6) where Christ returns and destroys the enemies of God.

I'm not trying to justify or make it noble. I am trying to show the ridiculousness of those who interpret 'love thy enemy' as a blanket statement that means the Christian must never raise his arm in any sort of defense. Or that the Christian is not to kill no matter what. Concerning manners in the Church of course you do not attack someone because they offend you. You suffer the fault. Even at work, when your enemies do you wrong for whatever reason, you try and exercise that Christian discipline. But there are times when you do not as I have pointed out.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You carried the presuppositions of Islam with you
ah, what are these presuppositions, in your opinion? maybe you're right, dunno
and so you can not believe that Jesus is more than a servant of God.
hmm. God is the head of Christ, which even Muhammad tacitly admits, so i'm not sure what to say here. Jesus is a different concept than Christ to me, so i'm afraid i would be misconstrued if i say more here. But it seems obvious to me that if Jesus died for our sins in the manner so often taught, there would be absolutely no reason for us to pick up our crosses and follow

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And what of the NT, which is easier to translate from the Greek?
ah, i said Hebrew there in error, ancient Greek and Aramaic then, which also are not spoken or well understood today. Better than ancient Hebrew i guess tho. But then we misinterpret Olde Englyshe all the time i guess, wishes have become prayers, etc
Do you believe the Quran says its words will be preserved?
no idea, sry. to the best of my recollection the same concept is related in the Qur'an, that being that truth does not pass away
But you do not think that true of the Bible which you agree was inspired, though only in the original form.
i'm not sure why you say this, i don't see the words passing away, no, but neither does that make them Word. Easter i see passing away, and that was "translated" into our Bibles though, right, for a while, a couple hundred years? It has since been corrected, i guess though.

so why are we still celebrating Easter?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Basic knowledge need not be contested when it has no bearing on a discussion.
ah well, you brought it up! and imo one's knowledge or lack of it does inform their perspective; we even have cliches for this, "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing," etc. Hence He who says he knows anything does not yet know as he ought.

basic knowledge seriously needs to be contested, imo.
especially when "Everything You Know is Wrong"
(a book title that agrees with the Scripture v imo, not you personally)
Do you dispute Jesus is Jewish? Grass is green? or water is wet?
no, because i understand you in context; but i could dispute all of these, and if the context changed here, i would even feel led to do so maybe

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I do not believe you should divide the Bible as if the Old Testament represents the flesh and the New Testament represents the Spirit.
hmm, never thought of it like that, could be a decent perspective to reflect from maybe. I gotta say it's resonating. I guess it might cause problems if applied too specifically tho, but broadly speaking?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If someone attacks my family, do I let them have them and just give it to God? How is that loving my family? Do I love my enemy more than my family so I let him do with them want he wants? How far are you willing to go to observe your interpretation of loving your enemies?
why was your family attacked, in this scenario? if someone attacks you, then obviously your protection has been removed, right?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Hosea 2:18) pertains to the Millennium period where Jesus Christ is literally ruling on the face of the earth in Jerusalem. But as we have seen earlier, that day is established only by (Is. 63:1-6) where Christ returns and destroys the enemies of God.

Hosea 2:18-20
[18] And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely. [19] And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies. [20] I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the Lord .

Has nothing at all to do with Acts 11:4-10 and the gospel of grace going out to the gentiles? But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it by order unto them, saying, [5] I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me: [6] Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. [7] And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat. [8] But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth. [9] But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. [10] And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven.

Who are the wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air?

Reactions: bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Concerning manners in the Church of course you do not attack someone because they offend you. You suffer the fault.

Astonishing how I tell you my enemies go to church and even if they lie, cheat, steal, and kill better than any one NOT going to church ...then you say: of course you suffer the fault. Were the Pharisees an enemy? How do you judge who is what?

Who is my brother?

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hosea 2:18-20
[18] And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely. [19] And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies. [20] I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the Lord .

Has nothing at all to do with Acts 11:4-10 and the gospel of grace going out to the gentiles? But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it by order unto them, saying, [5] I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me: [6] Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. [7] And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat. [8] But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth. [9] But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. [10] And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven.

Who are the wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air?

No, it doesn't. Just because the terms 'beasts' and 'creeping things' are used does not mean that the subject matter is the same in the verses. Just because the word 'fire' is used doesn't mean 'hell' is always being addressed. Just because the word 'water' is used doesn't mean baptism is always being addressed.

The wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls, are just that. In that millennial day in (Hosea 2:18-20) their nature is changed so that they no longer are under the curse of the earth and live in peace with each other. They are no more carnivorous, and the wolf can lie down with the lamb. In (Acts 11:4-10) they are the clean and unclean animals that God now says are all fit to eat. The subject matter in (Hosea 2) is completely different than that of (Acts 11).

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Astonishing how I tell you my enemies go to church and even if they lie, cheat, steal, and kill better than any one NOT going to church ...then you say: of course you suffer the fault. Were the Pharisees an enemy? How do you judge who is what?

Who is my brother?

Apparently you can judge that your church is full of liars, cheaters, thiefs, and murderers. Why are you going to a church full of liars, cheaters, thiefs and murderers in the first place? If you know that much about them, then find some other place to go. If you know that much about them, how do you think they will treat you?

If you know they are like that already and choose to stay, then by all means suffer through it. Trust God and love them and hope the murderers don't kill you. Myself, I would find another fellowship.

Your brother is the one in Christ.

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it doesn't. Just because the terms 'beasts' and 'creeping things' are used does not mean that the subject matter is the same in the verses. Just because the word 'fire' is used doesn't mean 'hell' is always being addressed. Just because the word 'water' is used doesn't mean baptism is always being addressed.

The wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls, are just that. In that millennial day in (Hosea 2:18-20) their nature is changed so that they no longer are under the curse of the earth and live in peace with each other. They are no more carnivorous, and the wolf can lie down with the lamb. In (Acts 11:4-10) they are the clean and unclean animals that God now says are all fit to eat. The subject matter in (Hosea 2) is completely different than that of (Acts 11).

Stranger

1 Kings 4:32-34
[32] And he spake three thousand proverbs: and his songs were a thousand and five. [33] And he spake of trees, from the cedar tree that is in Lebanon even unto the hyssop that springeth out of the wall: he spake also of beasts, and of fowl, and of creeping things, and of fishes. [34] And there came of all people to hear the wisdom of Solomon, from all kings of the earth, which had heard of his wisdom.

Hyssop is not just hyssop:
John 19:29
[29] Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.

Psalm 51:7
[7] Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Fish are not just fish:

Matthew 13:47-50
[47] Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind: [48] Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away. [49] So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, [50] And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

People didn't come to hear Solomon speak about subdued wild beast and clean fowl. Unless it is men.

1 Kings 10:3-6
[3] And Solomon told her all her questions: there was not any thing hid from the king, which he told her not. [4] And when the queen of Sheba had seen all Solomon's wisdom, and the house that he had built, [5] And the meat of his table, and the sitting of his servants, and the attendance of his ministers, and their apparel, and his cupbearers, and his ascent by which he went up unto the house of the Lord ; there was no more spirit in her. [6] And she said to the king, It was a true report that I heard in mine own land of thy acts and of thy wisdom.

Pretty profound response for random stuff. It is frustrating when people use Solomons wealth to justify that God wants us to have all the wealth we can and success in the world, when what God was really teaching was Kingdom wealth. But I guess that is just an opinion.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently you can judge that your church is full of liars, cheaters, thiefs, and murderers. Why are you going to a church full of liars, cheaters, thiefs and murderers in the first place? If you know that much about them, then find some other place to go. If you know that much about them, how do you think they will treat you?

If you know they are like that already and choose to stay, then by all means suffer through it. Trust God and love them and hope the murderers don't kill you. Myself, I would find another fellowship.

Your brother is the one in Christ.

Stranger

I don't go to their church.

"Your brother is the one in Christ"
How will I know he is in Christ?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Kings 4:32-34
[32] And he spake three thousand proverbs: and his songs were a thousand and five. [33] And he spake of trees, from the cedar tree that is in Lebanon even unto the hyssop that springeth out of the wall: he spake also of beasts, and of fowl, and of creeping things, and of fishes. [34] And there came of all people to hear the wisdom of Solomon, from all kings of the earth, which had heard of his wisdom.

Hyssop is not just hyssop:
John 19:29
[29] Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.

Psalm 51:7
[7] Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Fish are not just fish:

Matthew 13:47-50
[47] Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind: [48] Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away. [49] So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, [50] And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

People didn't come to hear Solomon speak about subdued wild beast and clean fowl. Unless it is men.

1 Kings 10:3-6
[3] And Solomon told her all her questions: there was not any thing hid from the king, which he told her not. [4] And when the queen of Sheba had seen all Solomon's wisdom, and the house that he had built, [5] And the meat of his table, and the sitting of his servants, and the attendance of his ministers, and their apparel, and his cupbearers, and his ascent by which he went up unto the house of the Lord ; there was no more spirit in her. [6] And she said to the king, It was a true report that I heard in mine own land of thy acts and of thy wisdom.

Pretty profound response for random stuff. It is frustrating when people use Solomons wealth to justify that God wants us to have all the wealth we can and success in the world, when what God was really teaching was Kingdom wealth. But I guess that is just an opinion.

Hyssop is just hyssop. But, it was used as a cleansing agent. (Lev. 14:1-7) (Num. 19:1-19) So of course it has meaning in (Ps. 51:7)

I don't think the verses you give in (1 Kings) teach we as believers are to get all the wealth we can. But, neither do they teach what you call 'kingdom wealth'. What is that? What they teach is that God blessed Solomon with wisdom and material wealth so that there was none like him.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't go to their church.

"Your brother is the one in Christ"
How will I know he is in Christ?

So, are we going back to the beginning? Does one claim to be Christian? How did you hear they were Chrsitian? What do they believe about Jesus Christ? Who is He? How did they come to Christ; their testimony? Then you observe over time. You have the Spirit of God, so He should give you alarms and warnings in your spirit if something is not right. Don't try and explain away 'doubts' you have about someone that trouble you. Give it more time.

These are not laws I gave. Just advice. Some people you know immediately if they are or not Christian. With others there are doubts. So, you observe.

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, are we going back to the beginning? Does one claim to be Christian? How did you hear they were Chrsitian? What do they believe about Jesus Christ? Who is He? How did they come to Christ; their testimony? Then you observe over time. You have the Spirit of God, so He should give you alarms and warnings in your spirit if something is not right. Don't try and explain away 'doubts' you have about someone that trouble you. Give it more time.

These are not laws I gave. Just advice. Some people you know immediately if they are or not Christian. With others there are doubts. So, you observe.

Stranger

What do I observe? Whether they sin? What am I looking for that shows they are in Christ?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do I observe? Whether they sin? What am I looking for that shows they are in Christ?

Well, as I said above you first cover all the bases on the persons testimony. Then if you have doubts....

You observe the person you are talking about. You don't need to follow them. But when they come to your attention you pay attention to the leaning of your spirit. Is it good or not? If not, then something is not right. I mean, you have the Holy Ghost, correct? If your spirit is troubled then it is He who is troubling it.

Which means around this person, you be on your guard.

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hyssop is just hyssop. But, it was used as a cleansing agent. (Lev. 14:1-7) (Num. 19:1-19) So of course it has meaning in (Ps. 51:7)

I don't think the verses you give in (1 Kings) teach we as believers are to get all the wealth we can. But, neither do they teach what you call 'kingdom wealth'. What is that? What they teach is that God blessed Solomon with wisdom and material wealth so that there was none like him.

Stranger

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss as crazy talk. Hyssop that springs forth from the wall is Christ.

Revelation 21:14-15
[14] And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. [15] And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

Christ is that "cleansing agent". The mockery of the cross: The vinegar. The thorns. The disrobing. The spit in the face. All ties to the OT. Trees are not just trees.

Ezekiel 17:22-24
[22] Thus saith the Lord God ; I will also take of the highest branch of the high cedar, and will set it ; I will crop off from the top of his young twigs a tender one, and will plant it upon an high mountain and eminent: [23] In the mountain of the height of Israel will I plant it: and it shall bring forth boughs, and bear fruit, and be a goodly cedar: and under it shall dwell all fowl of every wing; in the shadow of the branches thereof shall they dwell. [24] And all the trees of the field shall know that I the Lord have brought down the high tree, have exalted the low tree, have dried up the green tree, and have made the dry tree to flourish: I the Lord have spoken and have done it .

Lamb.
Bear.
Lion.
Serpent.
Beast are not just beast.

Revelation 13:18
[18] Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Last edited: