Love

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it mean to you and how can you show it towards other when they don't show it towards you and it's really rather difficult to?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a great post, @April_Rose.
It can be very difficult, because we're all fallible. But to strive to treat them as we'd like to be treated would be a first step... or stepping back when we feel like we'd rather lash out. (I could definitely learn that one better.) Praying for them, and asking God to give us His eyes to see others and His heart to love others. That is one thing that helps me get through when it would be easier to hate... and to kick satan in the teeth, because he would rather us turn and render evil for evil. But when we pray for our enemies, it opens our hearts up for God to move and to heal our own hearts.

What do you think, @April_Rose?

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was the topic in the AA meeting today!

I gave a decent spiel I guess, which pretty much reduced to love being that
which has been seeing me through the ups and downs..bads and goods...that have made up my life story...and I've reached a place where I can thank my Higher Power (Love) for it all!

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how can you show it towards other when they don't show it towards you and it's really rather difficult to?

Ultimately, by the Power of Love Himself.

I was just thinking the other day, that the wisdom I've gained from just going through my 41 years of life is inextricably linked to His Life (and death and resurrection). He was all the wisdom one can gain in life, incarnate.

I'm not sure that I am conveying this properly, but basically, it has to do with excepting the grace that has been bestowed upon me throughout the course of my life. How can I forget about it and harbor unforgiveness towards another?

Luke 7:47
"Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little."

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was the topic in the AA meeting today!

I gave a decent spiel I guess, which pretty much reduced to love being that
which has been seeing me through the ups and downs..bads and goods...that have made up my life story...and I've reached a place where I can thank my Higher Power (Love) for it all!

What's an AA meeting?

Reactions: Tone

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure that I am conveying this properly, but basically, it has to do with excepting the grace that has been bestowed upon me throughout the course of my life. How can I forget about it and harbor unforgiveness towards another?
Yes.... offering to others the grace God has given to us... and offering others the grace we wish to receive.

Reactions: Tone and April_Rose

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love is wanting what's good for someone. I think it's important not to open ourselves up to unneeded injruy from people that make themselves our enemies. That said, it's best to distance ourselves from people that attempt to injure us. We can then pray that God delivers them to repentance and salvation from a distance.

Reactions: April_Rose

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@April_Rose
To show love toward everyone as we should, we need to become like God:

"He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." I John 4:8

How do we become like God? Can God help us become like Him?

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

Help us dear Lord!

Reactions: Tone and April_Rose