Uzzah and the Arc of the Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And WHY do you suppose this happened unto one of even the wisest of all men at HIS time .
A hint .
REMEMEBER when i said IF GOD says to DO , OR IF GOD says NOT TO DO , we just gotta HEED GOD .
Solomon chose to have many wives whose hearts were after other gods . AND THUS being unequally yoked
HE FELL .
SO again i ask us a question . WHY ARE WE GONNA HEED MEN who tell us we need to find COMMON GROUND
with other religoins and peoples of the world . WHEN GOD TOLD US NOT to be unequally yoked together .
FOR what common ground does a believer have with an unbeliever . HE DONT . THE ONLY COMMON GROUND
i could ever have with an unbeliever IS THE FLESH , IS OF THE WORLD . BINGO . yet many
just try and find a way to get along and have common ground and unity .
DID not even GOD say , YE SHALL NOT hate your neighbor in your heart , you shall in any way REBUKE , CORRECT HIM
and not ALLOW Sin upon him . YET TODAYS LOVE says , OVERLOOK ERRORS , JUDGE NOT, CORRECT NOT
Just love and have fellowship and unity . WE BEING DUPED AMADEUS . DUPED BIG TIME too .
NOT on my watch . I am gonna expose the all inclusive sin accepting , sin tolerating , many path accepting FAKE LOVE
till the day i drop dead or the LORD do come . AND IT AINT CAUSE I HATE , ITS CAUSE I LOVE the peoples and desire ONLY GOOD for them .
Never are we in our supposed wisdom to lose our fear of God. He must also be the one leading and directing our steps:
Jer 10:23O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never are we in our supposed wisdom to lose our fear of God. He must also be the one leading and directing our steps:
Jer 10:23O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
yet many under sway of OSAS teach this as legalism now . and yet i ask us all
what happens if one does take off from heeding the SPIRIT of GOD and rather heeds the lust of the flesh .
HE WILL SURELY FALL . Now ye which are spirtual ought to restore such a one . CORRECT the sinner from the error of his ways
and ye have saved a soul from death . EVEN NOW that is taught as legalism as not trusting in GOD .
Rather odd , that JESUS and the apostels HAD MANY SUCH WARNINGS . I say its THEM who trust in an acroymn
that trust in men . ITS THOSE WHO actually HEED THE REMINDERS and WARNINGS OF CHRIST and the apostles
THAT BE TRUSTING IN HIM and not in men . Something very bad has happened my friend .
Many follow and heed the precepts of and doctrines of men , EVEN WHEN those doctrines and precepts of men
GO CONTRARY TO GOD < TO CHRIST and THE APOSTELS doctrine . something AINT RIGHT my friend .
SHOULD WE SIMPLY , as CHILDREN , SIMPLY have TRUSTED THE LORD and HIS DOCTRINE . yet many dont seem too .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yet many under sway of OSAS teach this as legalism now . and yet i ask us all
what happens if one does take off from heeding the SPIRIT of GOD and rather heeds the lust of the flesh .
HE WILL SURELY FALL . Now ye which are spirtual ought to restore such a one . CORRECT the sinner from the error of his ways
and ye have saved a soul from death . EVEN NOW that is taught as legalism as not trusting in GOD .
Rather odd , that JESUS and the apostels HAD MANY SUCH WARNINGS . I say its THEM who trust in an acroymn
that trust in men . ITS THOSE WHO actually HEED THE REMINDERS and WARNINGS OF CHRIST and the apostles
THAT BE TRUSTING IN HIM and not in men . Something very bad has happened my friend .
Many follow and heed the precepts of and doctrines of men , EVEN WHEN those doctrines and precepts of men
GO CONTRARY TO GOD < TO CHRIST and THE APOSTELS doctrine . something AINT RIGHT my friend .
SHOULD WE SIMPLY , as CHILDREN , SIMPLY have TRUSTED THE LORD and HIS DOCTRINE . yet many dont seem too .
When is our work for God done? Not while we still abide in this flesh! If we become lukewarm in our walk with God, will He not spit us out of His mouth?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
. CORRECT the sinner from the error of his ways
and ye have saved a soul from death

Ah yes, good old Calvin and his strict desire to see God honoured in the daily lives of ordinary people.

We do not live in a society where God is honoured, the reverse is in fact true.
So it is up to each Christian to live as they are taught in a Christ like lifestyle.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah yes, good old Calvin and his strict desire to see God honoured in the daily lives of ordinary people.

We do not live in a society where God is honoured, the reverse is in fact true.
So it is up to each Christian to live as they are taught in a Christ like lifestyle.
And to correct any and all brethren in error .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When is our work for God done? Not while we still abide in this flesh! If we become lukewarm in our walk with God, will He not spit us out of His mouth?
YES HE SURELY WILL . Its why a wise man HEEDS all warnings and reminders of the LORD .
ALWAYS beholding BOTH the goodness and severity of GOD .
FOR every Word of GOD , from every promise to every warning is FOR THE GOOD of those who take heed .
From every example in scripture we see GOD always warns FIRST before DESTROYING .
And we see that if those in error REPENT , taking HEED to the warning , THEN the evil that was to come upon them
NO LONGER COMES upon them . BUT we also see what happens to those who hear the warning and yet REPENT NOT
DESTROYED they are .
THERE TRULY IS A REASON WHY GOD SAID and SAYS ANYTHING HE SAYS . FOR THE GOOD of those who do take heed unto it .
THAT GOD REALLY DOES Desire GOOD for humanity , ONLY , many WILL NOT .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happens when a man removes the true hope and replaces it with a false hope .
It is as a man who went onto a beach and in the waters swam many peoples .
On the beach were many vendors . All making claims as to what can save the people drowning .
All sell flotation devices that in appearnce look similiar .
A wise man looks well to what is being sold unto him , he takes not the vendors at their word
but will test the device itself before buying and using said device .
Yet many today buy a device by which they THINK will save the drowning people .
But did not examine the many holes IN said device . IT AINT GONNA SAVE THEM AMADEUS .
IT aint gonna save them . IF THE DEVICE being sold IS NOT THE DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST
but rather offers up holes , diverse and strange holes , ITS GONNA SINK not FLOAT on the DAY OF THE LORD .
ITS ABOUT TIME we stop letting folks believe muslims and other religoins know GOD and are saved
so long as they so call love their neighbor junk . Cause that device WONT SAVE A ONE OF THEM .
NOT a one . BUT I KNOW WHO CAN save . JESUS CHRIST . SO guess who I ALONE will point them too . BELIEF IN JESUS CHRIST
and will remind them also , JESUS CHRIST is no ministir of sin , so if your jesus is holding a rainbow or a koran , IT AINT JESUS
and IT CANNOT SAVE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ponder on this my friend .
Many now look for this anti christ and do all to pin the tail on the donkey . Though there be many anti christs already .
They look and they ponder and yet
have no idea they are already going under that which is OF ANTI CHRIST .
When john warned the church , THIS IS THAT which is OF ANTI CHRIST
would it not be rather wise to learn what it is that WAS OF ANTI CHRIST .
THIS is that which is of anti Christ .
HE WHO DENIES that JESUS IS THE CHRIST , HE IS ANTI CHRIST
and yet many there be going under the love bandwagon of that which is of anti christ
beleiving its no longer necessary TO BELIEVE JESUS IS THE CHRIST .
OH YES AMADEUS , THAT WHICH IS OF ANTI CHRIST , THE MYSTERY OF INQUITY
has not been at rest , ITS GROWN RATHER LARGE as it now unifies christendom and the religoins to merge as one
under a lie of a love that cometh not of GOD but of anti christ .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your question is not unlike this one:

Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth. 2And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” John 9:1-2​

To which Jesus answered, saying: “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him." John 9:3
Hi Scott!
Not sure but, are you referring to the fact that Uzzah was created for this very purpose? In other words, for God's glory? I know many were created for specific purposes for good AND bad.
Makes me think that man just might NOT have free will. And, that bothers me to the core :eek:. My concern is that the Spring flower acronym might be true, not false...?
I've many nieces and nephews that are Catholic and they think the CC saves them; they do not attend regular mass tough.
Thank you for replying!

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The incident regarding Uzzah reminds us of the man who collected sticks on the Sabbath who was also penalized with death…..seems like a trivial thing, but God’s laws are never trivial or without sound reason.
The penalty delivered was deserved as it was already understood that death was the penalty for even a seemingly small thing…like picking up sticks…..and yet it wasn’t small to Jehovah.
It showed gross disregard for the one who made those rules and why he made them in the first place.
David is responsible for the death of Uzzah, reminding us that our actions can have consequences for others.

Picking up sticks on the Sabbath showed disrespect for the Sabbath because the man was apparently intending to light a fire, which was also forbidden, as was meal preparation, which was to be done the day before….so his actions showed intent to break the Sabbath laws disregarding them completely.

We also have no idea of Uzzah’s motivation in reaching out to steady the Ark…..was he perhaps thinking that he would be hailed for saving the Ark? Jehovah knows, we do not. All we need to know is that obedience to God is always rewarded by him, if not in this life, then in the new world to come.
Good reply but, my only question left here is, if it was David's fault...(and even David was angry with God for killing Uzzah)...then why did God not punish him too? Also, nothing happened to David and his comrades' were not punished at all for breaking the Sabbath with the high priests bread?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Scott!
Not sure but, are you referring to the fact that Uzzah was created for this very purpose? In other words, for God's glory? I know many were created for specific purposes for good AND bad.
Makes me think that man just might NOT have free will. And, that bothers me to the core :eek:. My concern is that the Spring flower acronym might be true, not false...?
I've many nieces and nephews that are Catholic and they think the CC saves them; they do not attend regular mass tough.
Thank you for replying!
For me, I have long remained a supported of man's free will. It is simply the ability to choose anything other than God's Way. The best Way, of course, is to choose God's Way, but most people do not do that. Even among people who claim they believe in God there are many, it seems to me, who do not believe men are free to choose or to reject God.
Jos 24:15And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

• Love
Reactions: Azim and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me, I have long remained a supported of man's free will. It is simply the ability to choose anything other than God's Way. The best Way, of course, is to choose God's Way, but most people do not do that. Even among people who claim they believe in God there are many, it seems to me, who do not believe men are free to choose or to reject God.
Jos 24:15And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Hi John!
Yes, what you wrote is my long standing belief also yet, God did create some to be compelled to sin and go against Him. Pharaoh, Judas Iscariot? He did say they were fulfilling His purposes, and He raised them up to do these things. But, God is good, just, and always has our best in mind, and we should not question His methods.
Amen!

Reactions: amadeus

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good reply but, my only question left here is, if it was David's fault...(and even David was angry with God for killing Uzzah)...then why did God not punish him too? Also, nothing happened to David and his comrades' were not punished at all for breaking the Sabbath with the high priests bread?
because was david REALLY breaking the SABBATH .
ponder on that for a bit .
HOW Many times did the jews ACCUSE JESUS so very often of breaking the sabbath , BECAUSE HE SIMPLY DID GOOD ON THE SABBATH .
those men were starving sister . DID david really break the sabbath , OR was he in right understanding of the sabbath .
HOW MANY lifted sheep up out of a pit if it got trapped on the sabbath .
YOU SEE , we gotta learn to RIGHTLY DIVIDE THINGS .
IT aint EVIL to DO GOOD on the SABBATH . never has been .
THEY accused JESUS for HEALING on the sabbath and yet BY LAW they had to cirumcize on the sabbath .
IF A MAN can be circumsized , CAN NOT A MAN BE HEALED made WHOLE on the sabbath . ITS CALLED RIGHTLY DIVIDIING
ITS called JUDGING RIGHTEOUSLY .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Scott!
Thank you for replying!

God knows the hearts of all people, but as it is also written "A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps."...working "all things together for good for those who love Him according to His purpose." Therefore, it is reasonable to believe that God had purpose in Uzzah's fatal act, even though it would appear that Uzzah's intentions were good.

As for freewill, it may appear that our whole life includes freewill, and it does, only not in the way most have believed. Just as Christ was slain before the world was, so too was freewill...and this is just us walking it out...as it was before the foundation of the world.

As for CCs, there are liars in all denominations (the children of their father the devil), and the rest are their victims, whom the Lord has not forgotten.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God knows the hearts of all people, but as it is also written "A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps."...working "all things together for good for those who love Him according to His purpose." Therefore, it is reasonable to believe that God had purpose in Uzzah's fatal act, even though it would appear that Uzzah's intentions were good.

As for CCs, there are liars in all denominations (the children of their father the devil), and the rest are victims, whom the Lord has not forgotten.
WORKING GOOD TO THOSE WHO WHAT ...................WHO LOVE HIM .
tell me scott , can a man love GOD and yet DENY JESUS CHRIST . NOPE
for JESUS CAME OF GOD .
SO again i ask us to examine what satans right hand man pope francis and a number so high
within the protestant realm are NOW saying and now teaching .
IMPLYING WE CAN LOVE GOD , muslims and all , EVEN THOUGH they DENY JESUS IS THE CHRIST .
WHAT A CROCK OF CRAP , which i will continue to expose till the day this heart stops beating .
ENOUGH with the all inclusive hug a rainbow , koran and just find common ground CRAP . ITS ALL A LIE
and its one i will expose scott . and though it has cost me , AND WILL SOON COST ME MUCH MORE ,
I EXPOSE IT TILL KINGDOM COME OR I DEPART THIS EARTH . false love WONT SAVE
and any love that honors sins , any love that implies one does not have too believe in JESUS CHRIST , I GOT NEWS ITS A LIE PEROID .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As for freewill, it may appear that our whole life includes freewill, and it does, only not in the way most have believed. Just as Christ was slain before the world was, so too was freewill...and this is just us walking it out...as it was before the foundation of the world.

As for CCs, there are liars in all denominations (the children of their father the devil), and the rest are their victims, whom the Lord has not forgotten.
victims . WRONG . we sit under what we love . they are not VICTIMS my friend . THEY CHOSE to do so . ITS UP TO US
to do all to HELP THEM GET THE HECK OUT OF THAT PLACE

Reactions: Marvelloustime

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
victims . WRONG . we sit under what we love . they are not VICTIMS my friend . THEY CHOSE to do so . ITS UP TO US
to do all to HELP THEM GET THE HECK OUT OF THAT PLACE

I understand your thinking. For the same reason ("sitting under what we love") Adam also sinned, for he sat with Eve.

But what does God then stipulate--everything "in Jesus' name?" No, but "now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”— not mentioning Jesus specifically, but rather the whole Tree of Life that makes up Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Whom, as Paul indicated "His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead"--meaning even those who have never heard the name of Jesus could be saved or perish without excuse.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Even Solomon who wrote the proverb I cited as God inspired him to do so, later in his own life effectively despised what he had written to pursue his own ways. He chose to follow the ways of his own heart in place of the Way of God. Not very wise at all in the end... no longer fearing God. As went Uzzah so also went Solomon:

1ki 11:7Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.
1ki 11:8And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.
1ki 11:9And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice,
1ki 11:10And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the LORD commanded.
1ki 11:11Wherefore the LORD said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant.
What an important example Solomon was.....given godly wisdom, his reign was one of peace for Israel, but as the privileges of his kingship opened up opportunities to indulge his love of women, those who worshipped foreign gods were permitted entry into his palace as he chose his wives and concubines by their physical attributes rather than their spiritual ones. In his later life the influence of 1,000 women many of whom were not in sync with the worship of his God, drew his heart away and he ended his life in disgrace.

So it’s not how we begin the race for life, but how we end it. Constancy is required to keep Jehovah’s commands in all respects for the whole of our lives.

If the wisest man in Bible history can lose his standing with God because of thinking too much of himself and his own desires, what about us?

Contrast Solomon with Manasseh....the most wicked man in Bible history....his reign was a shameful one as he offended Jehovah with everything he did.....but on becoming a prisoner in the depths of a dark dungeon, he came to his senses and fell to his knees begging Jehovah’s forgiveness......Jehovah granted him his request and restored him to his place as King...thereafter, he tried his best to undo all the wrong things he allowed into Israel’s worship.
God does not fall for crocodile tears, so he saw a genuine desire in Manasseh’s heart to repent of all the evil things he had done. He ended his life in faith and was a good influence for his grandson Josiah who would later become king at the tender age of 8, after the death of his wicked father.

We can often learn more by the mistakes of others, as well as from the faithful course of the ones who showed courage in their obedience.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Circumstances seem to be in play here. Jehovah had made a covenant with David that the Messiah would come in his family line....for this reason, I believe he was not punished with death for his mistakes because when he received counsel concerning his wrongdoing, he responded with genuine heartfelt repentance.

As we see with his indiscretion with Bathsheba, again kingship had a corrupting effect on him. Kings could basically have whatever they wanted....and this was another man’s wife. To cover up her pregnancy he had her husband killed in battle. Again we see David guilty before his God of adultery and murder, both capital offences, but God took the judgment upon himself in view of his messianic covenant with David.

God personally judged David, rather than the judicial system in Israel, and in keeping with his purpose Jehovah accepted David’s repentance....his life however was not without trials, which plagued David for most of his reign. His family woes and his patience when Saul was king and wanting to murder him, showed God that he was indeed “a man agreeable to his own heart”.

After Saul’s disobedience......”Samuel said to Saul: “You have acted foolishly. You have not obeyed the commandment that Jehovah your God gave you. If you had, Jehovah would have made your kingdom firm over Israel forever. 14 But now your kingdom will not last. Jehovah will find a man agreeable to his heart, and Jehovah will commission him as a leader over his people, because you did not obey what Jehovah commanded you.” (2 Samuel 13:13-14) That man was David.

So, despite his indiscretions, David had a good heart, though weak in his flesh, he was always genuinely repentant over his transgressions. God is a forgiver because he reads hearts.
If God could forgive Manasseh...the most wicked king Israel had ever had...he can forgive anyone!

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Cassandra