They burn in their own lust towards one another?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They burn in their own lust of one towards another? Could that mean in debating with one another? Could they burn in their own lust towards one another mean: For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as you would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults: 2 Corinthians 12:20

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They burn in their own lust of one towards another? Could that mean in debating with one another? Could they burn in their own lust towards one another mean: For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as you would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults: 2 Corinthians 12:20

It's definitely related. What Paul talks about is folks who have "a depraved mind." This affects/infects a person in many ways- which includes an over-arching principle ----they don't think right----- therefore, they don't make right choices, they don't think straight, and they don't act straight.

God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done. They are filled with every kind of unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, malice. They are rife with envy, murder, strife, deceit, hostility. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, contrivers of all sorts of evil, disobedient to parents, senseless, covenant-breakers, heartless, ruthless. Although they fully know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but also approve of those who practice them.

Imagine interacting with such people. How could you get along with folks in such strong opposition to anything good? You wouldn't see eye to eye on any subject including lifestyle. They only 'get along' with people who see things the way they do, and who will promote their 'values' which are twisted entirely.

Lust is an intense craving or desire for what you already have. You like it, you love it, you want more of it. This is why progressive societies get progressively worse.

• Love
Reactions: VictoryinJesus