LOVING MUSLIMS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Suhar said:
http://biblehub.com/revelation/18-3.htm

All nations. By saying Rome you throw "all" out.
You know what happens to people that throw words out of Word of God?
If you're referring to the curse laid out in the last passages of Revelation, it only covered the book of Revelation because there was no canon, nor would there be for centuries. Moreover, the only books removed from the Bible were by Protestants. The canon was affirmed by the synods of Hippo and Rome in the 4th century and it was done by church council, as every major decision since the council of Jerusalem recorded in Acts. And yet, Martin Luther, council of one, decided he knew better than those in greater proximity to the controversy who had made the Bible official. Not only were the Deuterocanonical books removed, but also James, Jude, and Revelation. And as if taking books out of the Bible were not enough, Luther then added language to his translation making it seem the Bible said "faith alone" when it didn't. It was because of the possibility of abuses just like Luther did, that the Catholic Church forbade making translations of the Bible except by imprimatur.

You should better acquaint yourself with history, because it isn't flattering to your point of view.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
This Vale Of Tears said:
If you're referring to the curse laid out in the last passages of Revelation, it only covered the book of Revelation.
And we were talking about passage from Revelation.

You should better acquaint yourself with subject of discussion before starting long Catholic rants.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
There have been people interpreting the harlot of Babylon as many other things. Some interpret it as the Catholic Church. Others as Islam. Others as Jerusalem. Others as the U.S. I guess we ascribe it to what we don't like.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
Selene said:
There have been people interpreting the harlot of Babylon as many other things. Some interpret it as the Catholic Church. Others as Islam. Others as Jerusalem. Others as the U.S. I guess we ascribe it to what we don't like.
Speak for yourself. I like my country and I am sad to see it becoming Harlot of Babylon.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Suhar said:
And we were talking about passage from Revelation.

You should better acquaint yourself with subject of discussion before starting long Catholic rants.
You're the one who said "You know what happens to people that throw words out of Word of God?", genius.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
This Vale Of Tears said:
You're the one who said "You know what happens to people that throw words out of Word of God?", genius.
Revelation is not Word of God?

What is genious is your "I am going to talk down to you no good apostate Protestant from my vastly superior Catholic theological mountain" snobbish attitude. You do not even realize that it is not helpimg your cause!