LOVING MUSLIMS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mellerd

Jul 24, 2013
I would say that at least half of the refugees whom we work with are Muslim. They come from all over Africa, Burma, Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Muslims have become a huge part of our life. We love Muslims. They are some of the most hospitable and generous people that I have ever met. I know many Americans simply just do not understand them because most Americans are not in relationship with Muslims. And after 9/11, I am sure Americans are a little weary of them. I understand this, but we should still try to make more of an effort to befriend Muslims.

In the media, you are only seeing a fraction of the Muslim population in this world. You are only hearing the bad stories about Muslims. But most are like you and me; just people trying to take care of their families and make it through life. And just like in our culture, there are some people who do really bad things. Turning on our local news could make you fear walking out the door in Dallas. Am I right? Don’t get sucked in by the media. Create your own perception of the world by engaging in it and with people. Do we have the right to judge a world or people we do not truly know?
Our experience is very different from what you see in the media. They treat us with great respect. Again, they are so generous and hospitable. If you go to their home, you will be treated as an honored guest.

Muslims love to talk about spiritual things. They don’t separate the spiritual and the practical like many of us do; I know I do sometimes. So, they are very open to spiritual conversations. I know most people think it is difficult to talk with Muslims about God, but that’s just not the case. They love to talk about God. God is the most important thing to most of them.
When we talk about Jesus, they do not kick us out. When we offer prayer, they never reject it. In fact, some Muslim families heard about how our team prayed over a family who had been in an accident. Next thing you know, all those Muslim families are calling our team and asking us to pray for them. When someone got sick and went to the hospital, who did they call? Us! Followers of Jesus. So let’s not be afraid of Muslims. They are open. They want our friendship and our love just like anyone else. These are beautiful people and God loves them so much. I think that is the most important thing. We should love who God loves!

One of the best parts of being friends with Muslims is the food! I added some pics of the food. Also, I should explain the pics below because some people might start to get a little worried about me:) Muslims love to teach you about their culture. They may even dress you up like a Muslim. They may even dress your baby up as a Muslim too!

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Agreed we have so many in Canada and they do not want anything to do with those crazy guys that blow up small children I used to want to join the army to save the good from the lost.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Muslims worship a god that was not god enough to single handedly wn them salvation .

If we truly Love them we would let them know of the God of all Gods --------Jesus Christ the only God that was God eough! to win salvation for all
without any of his human creatues having to do any thing at all.

You cant please this God by what you do. Because He ALONE from eternity chose us the ungodly to Love AND win heaven for us all.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
horsecamp said:
Muslims worship a god that was not god enough to single handedly wn them salvation .

If we truly Love them we would let them know of the God of all Gods --------Jesus Christ the only God that was God eough! to win salvation for all
without any of his human creatues having to do any thing at all.

You cant please this God by what you do. Because He ALONE from eternity chose us the ungodly to Love AND win heaven for us all.
The best way to let them know Jesus Christ is to show them kindness.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Selene said:
our kindness is sorta like their own gods kindenss .it never measure's up to Christ perfect standard On the cross for them to

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
horsecamp said:
our kindness is sorta like their own gods kindenss .it never measure's up to Christ perfect standard On the cross for them to
There was a story about two prisoners of war. One prisoner was Christian and the other was a pagan. The story goes like this:

Both the Christian and pagan prisoners were treated brutally.....most especially the pagan prisoner. The pagan was taken and beaten up. Then they left him in the jail cell. The Christian prisoner treated his wounds. When they were given little to eat, the Christian prisoner gave up the little food he has to the pagan prisoner so the pagan prisoner would have more to eat. When the pagan prisoner was close to dying, the Christian realize that he has given everything to the pagan prisoner except Christ. So, he approached the pagan and asked him if he wished to know Jesus Christ. The pagan said, "If he is anything like you......I would be happy to meet Him."

We are called to be the light of the world so that all who see His light can praise and glorify God. We are called to be the salt of the earth, so that by dying, we can give life to others.

Reactions: KingJ

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Selene said:
There was a story about two prisoners of war. One prisoner was Christian and the other was a pagan. The story goes like this:

Both the Christian and pagan prisoners were treated brutally.....most especially the pagan prisoner. The pagan was taken and beaten up. Then they left him in the jail cell. The Christian prisoner treated his wounds. When they were given little to eat, the Christian prisoner gave up the little food he has to the pagan prisoner so the pagan prisoner would have more to eat. When the pagan prisoner was close to dying, the Christian realize that he has given everything to the pagan prisoner except Christ. So, he approached the pagan and asked him if he wished to know Jesus Christ. The pagan said, "If he is anything like you......I would be happy to meet Him."

We are called to be the light of the world so that all who see His light can praise and glorify God. We are called to be the salt of the earth, so that by dying, we can give life to others.
:) Amen. Good post

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
Selene said:
Mellerd, I am glad your experience has been so positive. Mine has not been so good. I have found them to disregard rules and laws unless there is someone stronger than them to force their obedience. I agree with you Selene, we need to show them kindness like the person in your story,

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Something needs to be said here

-- nobody disputes the fact that many Muslims are nice people
-- some atheists are even nicer ... so what ?

-- I do not think Americans have ever had an ingrained dislike for Muslims
-- rather it is the Muslims who tend to dislike Americans.
-- Muslims dislike the Son of God (they deny God even has a son)
-- Most Muslims usually hate Israel and the Jews ... the Jews do not hate the Muslims

--If a Muslim in a Muslim country coverts to Christianity they will likely be killed
--There is a limit to Muslim "niceness"

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Arnie Manitoba said:
Something needs to be said here

-- nobody disputes the fact that many Muslims are nice people
-- some atheists are even nicer ... so what ?

-- I do not think Americans have ever had an ingrained dislike for Muslims
-- rather it is the Muslims who tend to dislike Americans.
-- Muslims dislike the Son of God (they deny God even has a son)
-- Most Muslims usually hate Israel and the Jews ... the Jews do not hate the Muslims

--If a Muslim in a Muslim country coverts to Christianity they will likely be killed
True that.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
MUSLIMS can be saved with out love for us Christians but they canot be saved with out trusting Jesus that his life and death work for all has won forgiveness for all :) AND ONCE they are IN HEAVEN they will love even us christians .
so whats the big deal of them hating us temporarly when we know in the forever through trust in Jesus
love will abound. Some times we just have to look at things a little different if we want others to know about Jesus their only savior from sin..FOR IN HEAVEN EVERY ONE THAN WILL BELIEVE LIKE US LUTHERANS AS I LIKE TO TEASE .

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
Loving Muslims is good but I would never turn my back on one. Never know when they decide to get religious. They then discover that it is their obligation to kill you.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Mellerd said:
I would say that at least half of the refugees whom we work with are Muslim. They come from all over Africa, Burma, Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Muslims have become a huge part of our life. We love Muslims. They are some of the most hospitable and generous people that I have ever met. I know many Americans simply just do not understand them because most Americans are not in relationship with Muslims. And after 9/11, I am sure Americans are a little weary of them. I understand this, but we should still try to make more of an effort to befriend Muslims.

In the media, you are only seeing a fraction of the Muslim population in this world. You are only hearing the bad stories about Muslims. But most are like you and me; just people trying to take care of their families and make it through life. And just like in our culture, there are some people who do really bad things. Turning on our local news could make you fear walking out the door in Dallas. Am I right? Don’t get sucked in by the media. Create your own perception of the world by engaging in it and with people. Do we have the right to judge a world or people we do not truly know?
Our experience is very different from what you see in the media. They treat us with great respect. Again, they are so generous and hospitable. If you go to their home, you will be treated as an honored guest.

Muslims love to talk about spiritual things. They don’t separate the spiritual and the practical like many of us do; I know I do sometimes. So, they are very open to spiritual conversations. I know most people think it is difficult to talk with Muslims about God, but that’s just not the case. They love to talk about God. God is the most important thing to most of them.
When we talk about Jesus, they do not kick us out. When we offer prayer, they never reject it. In fact, some Muslim families heard about how our team prayed over a family who had been in an accident. Next thing you know, all those Muslim families are calling our team and asking us to pray for them. When someone got sick and went to the hospital, who did they call? Us! Followers of Jesus. So let’s not be afraid of Muslims. They are open. They want our friendship and our love just like anyone else. These are beautiful people and God loves them so much. I think that is the most important thing. We should love who God loves!

One of the best parts of being friends with Muslims is the food! I added some pics of the food. Also, I should explain the pics below because some people might start to get a little worried about me:) Muslims love to teach you about their culture. They may even dress you up like a Muslim. They may even dress your baby up as a Muslim too!
When the Master returns you will find their conversion will be quicker than that of many Christians as they are monotheistic, along with their Jewish brethren. (Gen 17:20)

Deut 6:4 - - - > Mark 12:29

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Purity said:
When the Master returns you will find their conversion will be quicker than that of many Christians as they are monotheistic, along with their Jewish brethren. (Gen 17:20)

Deut 6:4 - - - > Mark 12:29
I hope you are correct ... but as far as I know , they await a master Imam ... not Christ.

Here is a test for the next time anyone is with a "nice Muslim"
Ask Them .... Do you worship The LORD The GOD of Israel .... the Jewish God ...??

Let me know how that goes.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Arnie Manitoba said:
I hope you are correct ... but as far as I know , they await a master Imam ... not Christ.

Here is a test for the next time anyone is with a "nice Muslim"
Ask Them .... Do you worship The LORD The GOD of Israel .... the Jewish God ...??

Let me know how that goes.
I am correct because the Scriptures has foretold it plainly.

The blessings extend to every nation do they not?

Gen 22:17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
Gen 22:18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
Gen 22:19 So Abraham returned unto his young men, and they rose up and went together to Beersheba; and Abraham dwelt at Beersheba.

The Well of the Oath (Beersheba) will be discovered by both Arab and Jew.

Purity

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
God's Truth about the matter is that Ishmael's people are part of Israel's family, since Ishmael was the half-brother of Isaac.

However, our Heavenly Father said what He said about Ishmael and his offspring, and it would behove His people to heed it...

Gen 16:11-12
11 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, "Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction.
12 And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren."
(KJV)

That's just the way it is for this present world, so don't expect the majority of them to change. One can go around with blinders on just like the guy who thought he could live with bears without being harmed. The bears didn't harm him for a while, but just for a while.

So if one of the brethren feels so led by our Heavenly Father to go and try to help those of them in need, it should be with this understanding as possibly making themselves a sacrifice, and be ready if that time of sacrifice by one of their hand comes.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
The next thing to happen in Israel is they will regain the original Land God gave his servant Jacob

During this land capture the hand of the miraculous will be obvious to the surrounding (Muslim) nations

At that time many Muslims will dump Allah and recognize , serve and worship , The Lord The God of Israel

There will be peace and harmony among the cousins for a change

The world will witness this as well

God is not finished with Israel

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Arnie Manitoba said:
There are actually many Muslims converting to Christianity, but it's being done underground. If they go public, they would be persecuted and most likely killed. In Indonesia, it was reported that 10,000 Muslims converted to Christianity. Conversions like this are also taking place in Africa and the Holy Lands. About 20% of these Muslims who converted say that they had visions or dreams of Jesus, which led to their conversions. I'm thinking that it is similar to St. Paul experience on his way to Damascas. A large majority of them converted because they feel disillusioned by the violence taking place under the name of Islam and the Qu'ran.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/07/book-200000-muslims-convert-to-christianity/

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Selene said:
There are actually many Muslims converting to Christianity, but it's being done underground. If they go public, they would be persecuted and most likely killed.
Acknowledged

Which bolsters my comment that Muslims are not as "nice" as some folks like to portray

I dare say the Christians would not have a problem living next to Muslims
It is the Muslims who have a problem living next to Christians

If they dislike us ... they dislike Christ at the same time.
If they reject us ... they reject the Christ we follow

To reject Christ is not "nice" and is a serious situation ... everything hinges on it.
Purity said:
I am correct because the Scriptures has foretold it plainly.

The blessings extend to every nation do they not?

Gen 22:17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
Gen 22:18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
Gen 22:19 So Abraham returned unto his young men, and they rose up and went together to Beersheba; and Abraham dwelt at Beersheba.

The Well of the Oath (Beersheba) will be discovered by both Arab and Jew.

Purity
I think you need to read Genesis 22 again .... those blessings are thru Issac which leads to Christ whom the Muslims reject

True , Ismael's descendants were blessed by becoming numerous Gen 17:20
Everything was probably fine until that strange character Muhammad came along and started the Islam we know today.

Remember (according to Muslims) Muhammad supersedes Christ as prophet , savior , and redeemer.
If this is not anti-Christ then what is it ?
if Muhammad is not a counterfeit- Christ then what is he ?
In Mecca they have a sign saying ..... "God has no son"

The christian bible says ..... "He who denies the Son denies the father" ... and is anti-Christ
1 John 2:22
1 John 2:23
When the anti-Christ of prophecy appears .... he could very well be an Imam .... or maybe Mohammed himself claiming to come back from the dead .... or something similar ... in an instant he will have 1.6 billion followers

We must be cautious ... indeed many Muslims are "nice" .... but their religion is deeply ingrained in them and that is what counts in the end