Loving Those With Different Doctrines

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like there are a few threads now on this point. Our passion for doctrine has become an idol. It is as if the new command Jesus gave is to proselytize endlessly to what your doctrine is.

Fortunately, there is no doctrinal purity test to enter heaven, be saved, receive eternal life, etc. My pastor said earlier this year that if upon his death people remark at his command of doctrine, he knows that means he has missed the boat. He said he wants it remarked at his funeral of the way he loved.

My grandchildren don't know my politics or religion. All they know is that I love them. I show them that I love them in every way. Their mother, my DIL, has turned from God. No doubt this is a major contributing factor to her becoming distant from me and her mother. We also never discussed or debated doctrine.

If she cannot see the light coming from me and her mom, that is on her. She does not have eyes to see. We try our best to love them anyway. Amen. You?
I think we should first define "doctrine"...
Doctrine
a belief or set of beliefs, especially political or religious ones, that are taught and accepted by a particular group:

1. Christian doctrine

2. The president said he would not go against sound military doctrine.

Scripture specifically tells us not to follow the doctrines of men.

Jesus reprimanded the Pharisees for the doctrines they adhered to.
Matthew 15 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³ But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
⁴ For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
⁵ But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
⁶ And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
⁷ Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
⁸ This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
⁹ But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Reactions: marks and MatthewG

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doctrine is important, however, God's love in us and through us is of ultimate importance.
For God so loved the world...be imitators of Christ.
Love and doctrine go hand-in-hand.
"1As a prisoner in the Lord, then, I urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling you have received: 2with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, 3and with diligence to preserve the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.…" Ephesians 4:1-3
Aren't you stating doctrine? I don't think we should set love up against doctrine as if they are distinctly different. Didn't Paul say, "speak the truth in love?" The two go together, just as your post demonstrates.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When my pastor announced that for the next 6 weeks he would be teaching the doctrines of the Assembly of God faith I decided it was time for a change.
I believe in going to church to honor and worship God....not to exalt man's doctrines.
Today I am non-denominational because I don't want to be bound by any church doctrine that requires me to agree with it to be a member.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG I think if one looks at a passage such as Romans 8 which is so heartening and encouraging to the believer, there is indeed such a lot of vital truth and doctrine in it; and it's these rather than feelings which, by the Spirit of God, transform the believer in the service of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Yes, @farouk it is agreeable that our feelings can overwhelm us in our flesh. Today my teacher put out a video that really got me thinking, that if one is out there debating and they like to do that just to be right about something it would be that of the flesh which is being prideful.

In this world today you have straight people who hate gays, black hates white, white hates black, with all of these notions, how can one stop the hate? As human beings we like to use the Bible and debate constantly but what is the point of there is no real end factor other one person trying to win an debate and change a persons mind. Some people will even get offended and say it is not loving if you decide to say you know what I’m walking away from this conversation and they will try to nag you back into it.

Especially online. Also though in real life. Like children in school, who haven’t been taught any manners.

“But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. Therefore He says: “When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive, And gave gifts to men.” (Now this, “He ascended”—what does it mean but that He also first descended into the lower parts of the earth? He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.) And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:7-16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

my truth this my truth that; the real truth is ultimately Jesus Christ and how we are to learn how to love God and to love other people no matter what, and if they believe in the Lord Jesus and they believe in his death, burial, and resurrection… and they believe that from the heart they are given the Holy Spirit, and they can continue to grow from a child of God into a Son or Daughter in the spirit. Though our flesh gets riled up from time to time, if one can get passed that on doctrinal differences they will be miles ahead of people who are still struggling, of course we wanna try to bring this truth to light so people can choose for themselves.

Is it really worth it?

However there is no difference with a person in Christ.

“Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them. But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him, where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:5-11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I was baptized in a Greek Orthodox Church and I go to the church for the liturgy and to feel a spiritual connection to God.
I define myself as a child of God first before any doctrine and I focus mainly on the spiritual side of this existence as opposed to interpreting things literally.
I also find The Jewish people to be low on the spiritual side because they define themselves by strict rules and customs which identity them as a people. They’re not very particularly concerned with the afterlife for example.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When my pastor announced that for the next 6 weeks he would be teaching the doctrines of the Assembly of God faith I decided it was time for a change.
I believe in going to church to honor and worship God....not to exalt man's doctrines.
Today I am non-denominational because I don't want to be bound by any church doctrine that requires me to agree with it to be a member.
That takes guts, in my opinion!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Aren't you stating doctrine? I don't think we should set love up against doctrine as if they are distinctly different. Didn't Paul say, "speak the truth in love?" The two go together, just as your post demonstrates.
I call it the love doctrine. Gotta love it!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would agree I’m not adhering to what man has to say but instead what God has to say.
So I was baptized in a Greek Orthodox Church and I go to the church for the liturgy and to feel a spiritual connection to God.
I define myself as a child of God first before any doctrine and I focus mainly on the spiritual side of this existence as opposed to interpreting things literally.
I also find The Jewish people to be low on the spiritual side because they define themselves by strict rules and customs which identity them as a people. They’re not very particularly concerned with the afterlife for example.

Thank you for sharing.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren't you stating doctrine? I don't think we should set love up against doctrine as if they are distinctly different.

Agreed. If love is set up against doctrine, something is wrong with our doctrine. Of course, we humans have a way of rationalizing all our hatefulness is love of X. :oops:

Reactions: CadyandZoe

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if one is out there debating and they like to do that just to be right about something it would be that of the flesh which is being prideful.

I do like to debate. However, I would not say it is just to be right but to keep my mental acuities sharp. Debate is an outstanding way to keep one's mastery of logic, like exercise is a great way to stay physically fit. Also, debate allows new facts to come to light; either newly discovered or new to me.

For instance, @Aunty Jane has made numerous outstanding analytical points in debate that reveals a line of reasoning I had not considered. So, I appreciate all that very much. Still, I have no doubt your pastor and types like that actually condemn all debate as prideful. Sticks and stones. I'll debate as much as I please and I'll take it up with my Maker. Thank you very much!

What I will NOT do is submit to living a passion-less life on account that someone else does not like my brand of expressing my passion or assert one cannot live meekly and debate. Yes, I am conflating passion with pride. Pride also has a good element. Look it up.

But this thread is not about the pros and cons of debating. It is about loving those who have doctrinal differences. Because of my doctrines, I've been literally called Satan by an Eastern Orthodox Christian. Not a demon, mind you. Not the anti-Christ. The devil, himself. Doesn't seem too loving to me.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like there are a few threads now on this point. Our passion for doctrine has become an idol. It is as if the new command Jesus gave is to proselytize endlessly to what your doctrine is.

Fortunately, there is no doctrinal purity test to enter heaven, be saved, receive eternal life, etc. My pastor said earlier this year that if upon his death people remark at his command of doctrine, he knows that means he has missed the boat. He said he wants it remarked at his funeral of the way he loved.

My grandchildren don't know my politics or religion. All they know is that I love them. I show them that I love them in every way. Their mother, my DIL, has turned from God. No doubt this is a major contributing factor to her becoming distant from me and her mother. We also never discussed or debated doctrine.

If she cannot see the light coming from me and her mom, that is on her. She does not have eyes to see. We try our best to love them anyway. Amen. You?

There is a quote that might apply here. I hope Im saying this right.

In Essentials, Unity

In non-essentials, Liberty

In all things, Charity

They will know that we are Christians by our love for one another.

How do we love others? By knowing the undeserved love of Jesus and experiencing the love of God through Jesus' work on the cross.

Sometimes, we simply have to remember how amazing God's love is by seeking Him. We have to remember that God should have killed us for our sins, but instead He chose to take those sins upon Himself and die for us.

We have to love others that way, even when thet don't deserve it. Because that's the way God loved us.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone is this life has their responsibility to God at the end of it. Would like to have love in my heart filled by God by the spirit. My desire to love all. Some may find that to simple or too shallow. The simplicity of Christ is real as is the good news.

@Wrangler I am not worried about what people think of me, personally. My desire is to represent Christ, and if they do not love that about me thats fine, will love them anyway. To have love for God and to have love for others is important.

Jesus taught that, we are to love our enemies, to pray for them.

Fighting over or Discussion of a certain doctrine doesn't make a person your enemy, it can however be just fighting over who is right about their position and is a waste of time, though if you learn something from someone whom you did debate (or had a discussion) with that is great.

Love conquers over it all, and Jesus is the only one whom allows the Father's love to flow in and through us as well as the Holy Spirit, friend.

Love you brother,
Take care,
Matthew G.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To be honest with you @Wrangler, I’ve tried to take myself far away from debating doctrine and stuff like that because half of the time it is not truly edifying and it serves division rather than working toward unity.
Jesus' words at Matthew 10:34-38 are very interesting....
Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace but a sword! 35 For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law, 36 and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household.
37 “Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And whoever does not take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me"
(NET)

Does this sound like we are to expect 'peace love and mung beans' from everyone...even members of our own family if we differ as to beliefs?
What were the circumstances under which Jesus said those words?

He was instructing his apostles in the work that he assigned them to do (Matthew 10:11-14) and he said to them...
"I am sending you out like sheep surrounded by wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves. 17 Beware of people, because they will hand you over to councils and flog you in their synagogues. 18 And you will be brought before governors and kings because of me, as a witness to them and to the Gentiles." (Matthew 10:16-18)

Who were the wolves in sheep's clothing? (Matthew 7:15-20) They were fellow Jews, teachers and supporters of their own religious doctrines.....believers in the same God. But, did Jesus allow those religious leaders to lord it over him or his disciples? NO!
Vs 21-22 he said..."Brother will hand over brother to death, and a father his child. Children will rise against parents and have them put to death. 22 And you will be hated by everyone because of my name. But the one who endures to the end will be saved!"

Is this what we see in the world today? Has anything changed? Are people still hated and persecuted for telling an inconvenient and unpopular truth?

What persecution and hatred is the average "Christian" enduring? Are they being hated because they are being genuine "Christians"....or because they are NOT doing so? (John 15:18-21)

The Jews had been led astray by the hypocrisy of men whom Jesus said had adopted the "commands of men" and taught them "as doctrines". (Matthew 15:7-9) Does history repeat? Indeed it does....sectarianism has fractured "Christianity" into literally thousands of unrecognizable 'sects'....all claiming to teach the truth, but persecuting and hatefully arguing with those who do not agree with their accepted doctrines. Warnings of "hell and damnation" are their weapons. Is this loving? I hardly think so.

But, is it loving to try and correct wrong thinking and assumptions based loosely on scripture?
Jesus did that. He did not mince words with the hypocrites who promoted false teachings, but corrected them on every occasion, whilst gently teaching the "lost sheep" who came to him for help. Jesus demonstrated both love for the truth, and intolerance of false teachings and actions that were offensive to his Father. How can people make informed choices without ALL the information?

Sites like this one give everyone a voice......which is as it should be. No one has anything to fear from the truth.

Debating and dividing does nothing for me anymore, have decided to go a different route, in to teaching to best of my ability, prayerfully understanding scripture and worshiping God in spirit and truth. Sharing the scripture and if people do not desire to listen that is fine, if people decide to believe differently that is okay to me as well.
Don't we first have to ascertain what the truth is before we can teach it to others? Could we end up like the Pharisees, so entrenched in their traditions and mistranslating of scripture that we actually put up a roadblock to those who are searching?

Matthew 23:15...
Woe to you, experts in the law and you Pharisees, hypocrites! You cross land and sea to make one convert, and when you get one, you make him twice as much a child of [gehenna] as yourselves!" Can this be happening again?

Since Paul says at 1 Corinthians 1:10 says...."I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment." Do you see that happening any time soon?

We are at a crossroads in time IMO. Jesus is about to return as the Judge of all of us. Now is the time to decide where we stand on all the issues that get discussed here.
Only then can we make that all important choice to stand for the truth, or be taken down with the lies......

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very sorry @Aunty Jane I am not going to partake in all of that.

If I had to say one thing about it would be this was all talking and relating to the Nation of Israel and its destruction.

One day God willing I’ll teach the book of Matthew, but the days also,drawing nearer when I’ll have to teach Mark 13. I like teaching, I don’t like misquoting or trying to misrepresent Jesus and the context of the Bible.

You are entitled to your opinion if you believe all of this is something you need to take head charge of. I’m not gonna tell you not to.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you think this given that this thread is about doctrinal differences and loving those people anyway?
For one, there are some who are confused about doctrines of beliefs versus knowledge of His Word. If I were to start counting all the Christians who could quote their doctrine of belief according to their denomination and then ask those same Christians to quote a scripture out of each book of the Bible you would be totally shocked at the difference in that comparison.
People get stuck into sticking with their churches doctrine of belief and are blind to scriptures that defy those doctrines.
Christians must read and learn the scriptures for themselves....else how could they rightly divide the truth?
So I love my fellow brethren, I don't ask what doctrine of belief do they adhere to ( which is also asking what denomination do you belong to)....so for me it makes no difference what your doctrine of belief is...I still love ya.

Reactions: Rita and MatthewG

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' words at Matthew 10:34-38 are very interesting....
Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace but a sword! 35 For I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law, 36 and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household.
37 “Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And whoever does not take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me"
(NET)
What Jesus is referring to here is accepting Him as Lord and Savior....even at the point of your family turning against you...

Malachi prophesied a restoration of the family....
Malachi 4 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁴ Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
⁵ Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
⁶ And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

And in Luke....
Luke 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹³ But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.
¹⁴ And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
¹⁵ For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
¹⁶ And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
¹⁷ And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

Christ Bride (the church) will be restored as whole without spot or blemish.
So does this happen before or after the wedding?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What Jesus is referring to here is accepting Him as Lord and Savior....even at the point of your family turning against you...
Yes...but the point I was making was that these family members were Jewish and so was Jesus. He was not supportive of the Jewish religious system that that Pharisees had created....it had become so bad, that Jesus said.....
Matthew 23:23-28...
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you give the tenth of the mint and the dill and the cumin, but you have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness. These things it was necessary to do, yet not to disregard the other things. 24 Blind guides, who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel!

25 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of greediness and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of it may also become clean.

27 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men’s bones and of every sort of uncleanness. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.”

Do you not see a parallel with today and the many sects of Christendom? They commit the most gross hypocrisy by justifying all the things Jesus told his disciples not to do. They are a mirror image of apostate Judaism, just broken up in to more disunited fragments.

Malachi 4 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁴ Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
⁵ Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
⁶ And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

What are you reading in this prophetic verse?
All Israel is reminded to remember the Law of Moses.....did they?
Matthew 15:6-9...to the Pharisees Jesus said....
“....you have made the word of God invalid because of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about you when he said: 8 ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 9 It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’”

He said that Elijah would be sent before the “dreadful day of Yahweh”. Was he?
The horrific prophesy about the fall of Jerusalem was to have a two-fold fulfillment....the first after Jesus’ death in 70 CE, and the second after his promised return....the end of the present age, which, judging by world events, is soon to come.

Matthew 11:13-14...
“For all, the Prophets and the Law, prophesied until John; 14 and if you are willing to accept it, he is ‘E·liʹjah who is to come.’”

Mark 9:11-12...
“And they began to question him, saying: “Why do the scribes say that E·liʹjah must come first?12 He said to them: “E·liʹjah does come first and restore all things; but how is it that it is written about the Son of man that he must undergo many sufferings and be treated with contempt?

In the first fulfillment, if some of the Jews did not return to the religion established by their forefathers, God said that he would “smite the earth with a curse”. Fortunately many individuals did accept Jesus as Messiah and returned to true worship, eventually abandoning the apostate religion of the Jews which had become a sham.

In the second fulfillment Jesus was to come again and lead his true disciples out of another sham religion, before God destroys the present system of things in the most dreadful tribulation the world has ever seen. (Matthew 24:21) Jesus foretold the existence of this situation with his parable of the "wheat and the weeds". Like apostate Judaism before it, Christendom will go on in its error right up to the end, believing that God is with them.

And in Luke....
Luke 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹³ But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.
¹⁵ For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
¹⁷ And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
Same situation. Turning the sons of Israel back to the God from whom they had strayed. They were prepared for the coming of the Messiah....being baptized by John in preparation for receiving him.
Those who chose to become Christians had to undergo full immersion baptism just as Jesus did, to begin his new mission. It was a symbolic 'death and resurrection'.....dying to his former life as Jesus son of Joseph the carpenter....to become Jesus the Christ..."son of God" and the long awaited Messiah.

Today, there are also a people who are baptized in symbol of their dedication to God through his Christ.....in preparation for the final showdown between God and the devil. They have removed themselves from “Babylon the great” (Revelation 18:4-5) and have thrown off all of teachings that satan introduced by the "weeds" he planted. The time for separating the “wheat from the weeds” is rapidly approaching, according to my beliefs.

Who is “Christ’s bride”? That is the question. When he returns as judge, who will get the biggest shock?

Matthew 7:21-23...
Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!”

Who is Jesus talking to?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Malachi 4 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

And in Luke....
Luke 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

@Heart2Soul Malachi's little prophecy is so vivid, even though its background is Israel and the faithful remnant, rather than the church in the NT; it applies very well...

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Essentials, Unity

In non-essentials, Liberty

In all things, Charity

Agreed but in practice, it often seems like:
In Essentials, Don’t submit or compromise.

In non-essentials, Dismiss others doctrines.

In all things, don’t give in to temptation to consider anything valid about other doctrines.

<sigh> We miss the mark.