Luke 1:43

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a virgin whom grace had made inviolate, free of every stain of sin” (Commentary on Psalm 118:22–30 [A.D. 387]). Ambrose

“Having excepted the holy Virgin Mary, concerning whom, on account of the honor of the Lord, I wish to have absolutely no question when treating of sins—for how do we know what abundance of grace for the total overcoming of sin was conferred upon her, who merited to conceive and bear him in whom there was no sin?—so, I say, with the exception of the Virgin, if we could have gathered together all those holy men and women, when they were living here, and had asked them whether they were without sin, what do we suppose would have been their answer?” (Nature and Grace 36:42 [A.D. 415]). Augustine

Mary had the stain of sin upon her = "ALL have sinned"

Apostle Paul = "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—" Romans 5:12

Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.

Mary was made righteous by the blood of Christ = SAME for everyone = NO exceptions

i am under the SAME GRACE as Mary was = No exceptions

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Stop boasting of Mary and religious absurdity and error

Your praise should only be unto the LORD JESUS CHRIST

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why does it need be in scripture?

The “Bible alone” is not the rule of faith or source of truth for Christians
The teaching authority of the apostles is
Acts 2:42 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15

Authority to Teach is about the Teacher, not the Listener!

The Listener has a responsibility to Verify IN SCRIPTURE what they hear, that it be so!
Acts 17:11

Reactions: David in NJ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then Mary said:
“My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!
48For He has looked with favor on the humble state of His servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed.

49For the Mighty One has done great things for me.
Holy is His name.

And the Great Thing that God did for Mary is the same HE does for everyone of us whom HE calls unto CHRIST for Salvation.

There is no GREATER DEED that God can do for Mary then to SAVE her from her sins = "my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!"

verse49 = the Mighty One has done it for Mary = nothing of Mary = ALL from God

Mary, like myself, was chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

Only differences between Mary and myself =
she was born a woman
she was born to fulifill Prophecy of the virgin birth of Christ
everytime the story of Christ is read, Mary is called blessed among women = this is a no brainer, for only one woman could be the vessel for Christ to be born = no brainer

That's it my friend. Anything more is added to Mary to cause people to pray to her is idolatry and sin.

Differences in Lk 1

Lk 1:11 And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense.

12 And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.

13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.

14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.

15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

18 And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years.

19 And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Mary is the Queen of the Angels!

The angel is greeting his sovereign mistress and no introduction is needed with Mary, like verse 19 cos Mary knows Gabriel, Mary from the first moment of her creation by God is immaculate! (And sees the beatific vision of God always before her eyes, even in her mothers womb, op) so she knows Gabriel who stands on the presence of God!

Matt 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what about children under the age of reason?

what about mental illness?

What about them?
Is God not a Just God?
Does He destroy a person who has not the cognative abilty to reason? :rolleyes:

And Mary was created without original sin

Nothing whatsoever in Scripture expressly or even hints as such teaching. :rolleyes:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those men came from the 'Dark Ages' when the roman catholic religious rulers held great power and intimidation over the people.

The evil roman catholic rulers murdered Martin Luther and many others just as the evil ruling religious Jews murdered Christ.

But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me.

great answers

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Differences in Lk 1

Lk 1:11 And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense.

12 And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.

13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.

14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.

15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

18 And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years.

19 And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Mary is the Queen of the Angels!

The angel is greeting his sovereign mistress and no introduction is needed with Mary, like verse 19 cos Mary knows Gabriel, Mary from the first moment of her creation by God is immaculate! (And sees the beatific vision of God always before her eyes, even in her mothers womb, op) so she knows Gabriel who stands on the presence of God!

Matt 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

This = Mary is the Queen of the Angels! is complete FALSEHOOD

And so is this = The angel is greeting his sovereign mistress and no introduction is needed with Mary, like verse 19 cos Mary knows Gabriel, Mary from the first moment of her creation by God is immaculate! (And sees the beatific vision of God always before her eyes, even in her mothers womb, op) so she knows Gabriel who stands on the presence of God!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1:

* Why might Mary have been afraid?

* What was it about Mary that God "FOUND" favorable about Mary?

* When Did God "FIND" Mary Favorable?

Scripture tells us. Do you know the answers?
In your own words would be suitable to answer...Why, What and When.

Last edited:

Bruce Atkinson

Sep 25, 2021
Western MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus does equate peter to himself

Peter is already administering the kingdom

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as mediator

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

Why is the name of peter even mentioned?

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom?

How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

also have to explain
Isa 22:21-22 jurisdictional authority of the keys and called father

I am continually amazed about how effective the Roman Catholic Church is at brainwashing and controlling its membership. I was raised in the Episcopal church, which is essentially a Catholic church minus Latin, popes, nuns, transubstantiation, and, of course, Mary worship. I was not only an acolyte, but I married at Catholic and even went to church with her as well (lasted only 5 years). I was saved 5 years later when I read, heard, and believed the Truth...Gods' Word.

Peter is administering the Kingdom? Guess again. It's true that he was the leader of sorts of the 12. Jesus alone was their leader while here on Earth. Jesus specifically chose him as a disciple because He knew Peter would be a good leader. In His power, Jesus may have made that happen, nobody knows. Peter obviously became the leader of the disciples after His ascension. But administering the Kingdom? For starters, the KINGDOM has NOT YET HAPPENED! That will only happen when Jesus returns after the tribulation and establishes HIS Kingdom, where He alone is King!

Peter acting as mediator? What? The equivalent of 'answering the door' makes him a 'mediator'? Give me a break!

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (KJV)

Peter given the keys to the kingdom? Jesus already GAVE the 12 much of the earthly power that He had:

Matthew 10:5-8 (KJV)
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

So what are the keys to the kingdom? Doing as Jesus commanded and empowered all 12. We saved believers have 'mini-keys' as the Holy Spirit indwells us and we are a light into the world. How many here have personally led people to the Lord? I've led a dozen or more. Have I liberally sown the seeds of salvation and been a testimony of what He has done in me frequently? Absolutely.

Applying Isaiah 22:21-22 to Peter couldn't be further from the truth! It speaks ONLY of Jesus! Read it for yourself in context:

Isaiah 22:21-24 (KJV)
21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.
22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.
23 And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father's house.
24 And they shall hang upon him all the glory of his father's house, the offspring and the issue, all vessels of small quantity, from the vessels of cups, even to all the vessels of flagons.

Notice 'all the glory' in verse 24. That is going to Peter? No way!

How the word 'confession' applies to anything more than what Peter said to Jesus in Matthew 16:16-17 is a blatant misapplication of scripture.

Matt 28:19 go teach baptize

What part of the great commission don't you understand? GO means GO. But even after Stephens' stoning, they remained in Jerusalem 'expecting' Jesus' seemingly imminent return as shown in Acts 8:1. WHEN did they leave Jerusalem and GO tell all nations about Jesus cannot be determined as it's not indicated anywhere in the New Testament. When did Peter go to Rome? No clue. Maybe the Catholic church has pulled a date out of thin air, maybe anything else is possible as well.

Remember, at the time of Jesus giving them the great commission, the 11 only believed that Jesus WAS the Messiah and had risen from the dead. Nothing about His death on the cross for the sins of the world. That was first revealed to Paul while he was in Arabia about 40 AD, give or take. Just like John the Baptist, baptism was simply a confirmation of their faith, no more, no less. John the Baptist merely told the people 'repent and be baptised'

Matthew 3:1-6 (KJV)
1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
4 And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.
5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

'Repent', as used in the Bible, means to 'turn away from ones' sin, to change ones' mind, heart and turn to God. It is not a sad, blubbering, tear-filled confession that one is 'so sorry', etc. And verse 6 simply shows ones' being 'genuine' about turning from their sin and confessing the errors in their way. By turning from idolatry to God, it was expected that Israel, as a nation of people, would recognize Jesus as their promised Messiah.

I know that the Catholic church believes that infant baptism (sprinkling, not immersion) does many things per multiple Catechism entries - #537 (reborn with Jesus), 1213 (reborn and freed from sin), 1257 (baptism is necessary for salvation), and 1263 (all sins forgiven by baptism). That is out and out fabrication by the Catholic church. Just HOW is an infant to 'confess their sins' and repent? NOWHERE in the Bible are any of those Catholic baptism lies confirmed.

Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as christ

John 20:21-23 (KJV)
21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Same mission power and authority as Christ? WHERE DID YOU PULL THAT ONE FROM? The Catechism again? John 20 is a description of events on resurrection day, aka, 'Easter' to most of us (no bunnies with eggs, either). The quoted verses happened that evening. It was THEN that the 10 (Thomas not there yet) were filled with the Holy Spirit, not 1 second before. Note that Jesus' mother, Mary, is not with them, per the chapter. As Jesus had already given all 12 (now 10) power (Matthew 10:5-8 above), He is only adding the power to forgive earthly sins, not spiritual ones. Could the disciples forgive stealing someones' food? Yes. Could they forgive murder? No way!

Part 2 follows -

Last edited:

Bruce Atkinson

Sep 25, 2021
Western MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

The Catholic church claims that Peter was the first pope. That's impossible since the Catholic church wasn't created until some time after 300 AD! And using that false claim, obviously they 'extend' the ability to forgive sins to Catholic 'priest in a box'. Nowhere in the Bible does it show those powers can be 'conferred' by the disciples upon anyone! Nowhere in the Bible does it show that biological descendants of anybody except royalty have the same power and authority given to them simply by being a child of a king. Nowhere is it a genetically inheritable trait. Children genetically inherit facial features, body types, and even diseases, but never the ability to heal or forgive sins. And Peter is the head of the church? Only the Catholic church in their fantasy.

Matthew 21:42-45 (KJV)
42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.

You're guilty of taking scripture out of context again. Look at the whole context above. Jesus is talking about Jews rejection of their Messiah, especially the priests and Pharisees. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH PETER at all!

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Lk 22:32 Christ prayed for Peter!

Applies only to Peter as “prince of the apostles”!

Does the Catholic church teach one how to take scripture out of context and claim it as the whole truth? Here's more from Luke, in the context of your selection of verses -

Luke 22:24-34 (KJV)
24 And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest.
25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.
28 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.
29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
33 And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.
34 And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.

Jesus clearly stated that each of the 12 will sit on thrones in the kingdom, one throne per tribe. Jesus likely prayed for all of His disciples daily that the Holy Spirit would reveal in them that He was the Messiah, exactly as Peter stated. He further prayed for Peter knowing that Satan would try to mess with him and that he (Peter) would be both grow and teach those who believe Jesus is the Christ. Who of any of us haven't specifically prayed for a family member or friend? So why is it so 'special' that Jesus prayed specifically for Peter?

I was born again at 16
16 days old TbTG

all have sinned
Is that absolute with no exceptions?
Or a generalization

I suspect that your statement of being born again indicates you were baptized into the Catholic church at age 16 and that per the Catechism, you were 'reborn'. Catholic fantasy, pure and simple. Nowhere in the Bible does it state that water baptism has anything to do with being born again. It is only a confirmation of one's commitment of believing the gospel that Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and rose again on the third day according to scripture. (1 Cor 15:1-4).

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (KJV)

What part of ALL don't you understand?

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Listener has a responsibility to Verify IN SCRIPTURE what they hear, that it be so!

I’m not a fan of the bareans
They were sent an apostle with the word of God and

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Acts 17:11 does not say or mean what you think it does.

They gladly received the teaching of the apostle.

The did not act out of pride, presumption, and arrogance like heretics do.

They did not say we protest and make rebellion against youre teaching unless we find it in scripture!

The teaching authority of the apostles is absolute and without question!

Lk 10:16 he who hears you hears me! Period
Not he who hears you and searches the scripture and uses personal judgement based on pride hears me!

You have no right to use scripture against the church, the church IS the pillar and ground of truth and must be heard! 1 Tim 3:15 matt 18:17 you may search the scriptures to see that it is so!

To question or reject the church or her teaching is to reject Christ! Acts 9:4

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously, and I’m sure could quote scripture to prove it, but was full of pride, presumption, and arrogance, spiritual blindness and the same is true of all heretics! It’s all pride and personal judgement!

And none of it can stand the blinding light of Jesus Christ!

The virtues of a Christian are not pride, presumption, arrogance, protests, and rebellion.

The virtues of a Christian are humility, obedience, and submission to proper authority, full acceptance of Christ and his holy church and all she proposes for belief!

The apostles having the same mission, ministry, power, and authority of Christ!

We must be taught by the apostles, and their successors! Lk 1:4 Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not a fan of the bareans
They were sent an apostle with the word of God and

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Acts 17:11 does not say or mean what you think it does.

They gladly received the teaching of the apostle.

The did not act out of pride, presumption, and arrogance like heretics do.

They did not say we protest and make rebellion against youre teaching unless we find it in scripture!

The teaching authority of the apostles is absolute and without question!

Lk 10:16 he who hears you hears me! Period
Not he who hears you and searches the scripture and uses personal judgement based on pride hears me!

You have no right to use scripture against the church, the church IS the pillar and ground of truth and must be heard! 1 Tim 3:15 matt 18:17 you may search the scriptures to see that it is so!

To question or reject the church or her teaching is to reject Christ! Acts 9:4

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously, and I’m sure could quote scripture to prove it, but was full of pride, presumption, and arrogance, spiritual blindness and the same is true of all heretics! It’s all pride and personal judgement!

And none of it can stand the blinding light of Jesus Christ!

The virtues of a Christian are not pride, presumption, arrogance, protests, and rebellion.

The virtues of a Christian are humility, obedience, and submission to proper authority, full acceptance of Christ and his holy church and all she proposes for belief!

The apostles having the same mission, ministry, power, and authority of Christ!

We must be taught by the apostles, and their successors! Lk 1:4 Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

If my speach and words make me a 'heretic' unto the Roman Catholic rulers (Pope/shmope and others) then:
i am in a GOOD PLACE before GOD and FREE from sin

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying: "Come out of her, my people, so that you may not have fellowship in her sins, and so that you may not receive of her plagues. Revelation 18

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about them?
Is God not a Just God?
Does He destroy a person who has not the cognative abilty to reason? :rolleyes:

Nothing whatsoever in Scripture expressly or even hints as such teaching. :rolleyes:

The rule of faith is the teaching of the church not the Bible alone! 1 Tim 3:15
Or the Bible plus you’re private judgement

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rule of faith is the teaching of the church not the Bible alone! 1 Tim 3:15
Or the Bible plus you’re private judgement

FASLE

The rule of 'faith' is:
#1 Rule: For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

#1 Rule: So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

#1 Rule: JESUS therefore answered and said to them, “Do not murmur among yourselves.
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’
Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
* Why might Mary have been afraid?

her great humility Lk 1:48

* What was it about Mary that God "FOUND" favorable about Mary?

* When Did God "FIND" Mary Favorable?

Scripture tells us. Do you know the answers?
In your own words would be suitable to answer...Why, What and When.

Cos he created her immaculate in preparation for being the spouse of the Holy Spirit and the Mother of God

and the favor she found is our salvation Lk 2:30 and she consented to it Lk 1:38

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If my speach and words make me a 'heretic' unto the Roman Catholic rulers (Pope/shmope and others) then:

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying: "Come out of her, my people, so that you may not have fellowship in her sins, and so that you may not receive of her plagues. Revelation 18

the church is the communion of saints all those who oppose her and her doctrine are heretics and oppose Christ
Acts 2:42 acts 9:4

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

saul thought he was in a good place too!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pride presumption and arrogance are the high virtues of all fundamentalist heretics

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All true Christians have humility obedience meekness and submission to Christ our king and his kingdom