Luke 1:43

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not a fan of the bareans

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Acts 17:11 does not say or mean what you think it does.

I think Acts 17:11 means what it says.
VERIFIY WHAT YOU HEAR!

The did not act out of pride, presumption, and arrogance like heretics do.

They did not say we protest and make rebellion against youre teaching unless we find it in scripture!

The teaching authority of the apostles is absolute and without question!

You have no right to use scripture against the church, the church IS the pillar and ground of truth and must be heard! 1 Tim 3:15 matt 18:17 you may search the scriptures to see that it is so!

To question or reject the church or her teaching is to reject Christ! Acts 9:4

I'm shocked, with your twisted accusations....
Kidding...NOT shocked...LOL

Hey did you hear to be aware of False teachers? VERIFY what you Hear, It's the Nobel thing to do...:cool:

Reactions: David in NJ

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rule of faith is the teaching of the church not the Bible alone! 1 Tim 3:15
Or the Bible plus you’re private judgement

Didja here bout the pot callin the kettle black?
:p

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
saul thought he was in a good place too!

Saul was in rebellion and murdering the Saints, just like the RCC.

AFTER Salvation came to Saul and His name changed to the Apostle Paul - he was in a Good Place - just like me.

Reactions: Taken

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pride presumption and arrogance are the high virtues of all fundamentalist heretics

murder, persecution of the Saints along with the spirit of antichrist is the downfall of the RCC and those who follow her ways

And I heard another Voice from Heaven saying, “Come out of her, My People, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.

You need to hear from God.............His Voice is still heard Today

again He designates a certain day, saying in David,
“Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said: “Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts.”

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that were true, then the entire old testament would not be scripture. Right?

The cannon of scripture is determined by the apostolic authority not the tradition of men like those who deleted whole books and many chapters from scripture in the KJV ever read Daniel 13 the story of Susana?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saul was in rebellion and murdering the Saints, just like the RCC.

AFTER Salvation came to Saul and His name changed to the Apostle Paul - he was in a Good Place - just like me.

outside the church or communion of saints is not a good place to be, you’re spiritual pride and blindness keep you there

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
murder, persecution of the Saints along with the spirit of antichrist is the downfall of the RCC and those who follow her ways

And I heard another Voice from Heaven saying, “Come out of her, My People, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.

the saints are with the church in the church

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

again He designates a certain day, saying in David,
“Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said: “Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts.”

We must be taught by the apostles, and their successors! Lk 1:4 Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

not make up our own doctrine
Doctrine is revealed by God

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the saints are with the church in the church

FALSE

The Saints are in Christ - we, who are washed in His Precious Blood are His Body

i am a strong follower of the words of the Apostle Peter:
As you come to Him, the living stone, rejected by men but chosen and precious in God’s sight, 5you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6For it stands in Scripture:

“See, I lay in Zion a stone,a chosen and precious cornerstone;
and the one who believes in Him will never be put to shame.”
To you who believe, then, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,

“The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,”and,
“A stone of stumbling and a rock of offense.”

They stumble because they disobey the word—and to this they were appointed. 9But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, to proclaim the virtues of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. 10Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

i am chosen by God's Choice and not man's - i have received Mercy from Christ and not from the false christ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must be taught by the apostles, and their successors! Lk 1:4 Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

not make up our own doctrine
Doctrine is revealed by God

i am taught by the Holy Spirit and the Word of Truth:

The Apostle Peter said so:
Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours: 2Grace and peace be multiplied to you through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. 3His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through the knowledge of Him who called us by His owna glory and excellence. 4Through these He has given us His precious and magnificent promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, now that you have escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cos he created her immaculate in preparation for being the spouse of the Holy Spirit and the Mother of God

and the favor she found is our salvation Lk 2:30 and she consented to it Lk 1:38

* Why might Mary have been afraid?
Understanding;
* Mary was betrothed to Joseph.
* A Jewish betrothal was considered married.(before being wedded).
* Mary revealed SHE HAD NOT BEEN WITH A MAN!
* Scripture reveals an ANGEL notifying Joseph Mary's Pregnancy was supernatural.
Scripture itself reveals Mary being told NOT TO BE AFRAID that her Betrothed Joseph would break off their Betrothal, (which would have been a shame unto Mary)...
* No need to make up stuff. read, learn, study the Truth

* What was it about Mary that God "FOUND" favorable about Mary?
JOSEPH'S direct Linage was of Abraham, Issac, Jacob and THE HOUSE OF DAVID, which means the LEGAL offspring of JOSEPH and his WIFE Mary, "MADE" their offspring. LEGALLY ENTITLED to Occupy king Davids' everlasting Throne!
Jesus, Fulfilled...Gods Law AND Mans Law!!
(Who can Object to Jesus Occupying King David's Everlasting throne?)
* No need to make up stuff, read, learn, stud the Truth

* When Did God "FIND" Mary Favorable?
* On the DAY, in his own Wisdom, God decided to fulfill Gods own prophecy foretold Isaac...
Isaac 55:
[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

VERIFIED...
Luke 1:
[35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

John 16:
[27] For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

John 16:
[28] I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

John 19:
[28] After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.
[29] Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.
[30] When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Jesus RETURNED to Heaven from whence He came....AND SHALL RETURN....Complete More Prophecy; AND there after ANNOUNCE...

Rev 21:
[6] And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

No need to follow philosophies of false teachers. Hear, Read, Learn, Verify, the Truth IN Scripture.
* Mary fulfilled a Service unto God, as did MANY also revealed in Scripture, as DO MANY who are NOT mentioned in Scripture, WHO ALSO are Blessed, as faithful Servants, just as Mary was.
* A servant is NEVER greater than their Master.
* Holding Mary up as a coequal with Our Lord and Savior is disparaging to the Memory of Mary.

Last edited:
Reactions: David in NJ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours: 2Grace and peace be multiplied to you through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. 3His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through the knowledge of Him who called us by His owna glory and excellence. 4Through these He has given us His precious and magnificent promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, now that you have escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

min 16:13 the HS teaches the apostles then they teach us matt 28:19-20

so what are these things Christ commanded the apostles? Matt 28:19-20

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
* Why might Mary have been afraid?
Understanding;
* Mary was betrothed to Joseph.
* A Jewish betrothal was considered married.(before being wedded).
* Mary revealed SHE HAD NOT BEEN WITH A MAN!
* Scripture reveals an ANGEL notifying Joseph Mary's Pregnancy was supernatural.
Scripture itself reveals Mary being told NOT TO BE AFRAID that her Betrothed Joseph would break off their Betrothal, (which would have been a shame unto Mary)...
* No need to make up stuff. read, learn, study the Truth

* What was it about Mary that God "FOUND" favorable about Mary?
JOSEPH'S direct Linage was of Abraham, Issac, Jacob and THE HOUSE OF DAVID, which means the LEGAL offspring of JOSEPH and his WIFE Mary, "MADE" their offspring. LEGALLY ENTITLED to Occupy king Davids' everlasting Throne!
Jesus, Fulfilled...Gods Law AND Mans Law!!
(Who can Object to Jesus Occupying King David's Everlasting throne?)
* No need to make up stuff, read, learn, stud the Truth

* When Did God "FIND" Mary Favorable?
* On the DAY, in his own Wisdom, God decided to fulfill Gods own prophecy foretold Isaac...
Isaac 55:
[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: [U it shall not return unto me void,[/U] but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

VERIFIED...
Luke 1:
[35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

John 16:
[27] For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

John 16:
[28] I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

John 19:
[28] After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.
[29] Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.
[30] When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Jesus RETURNED to Heaven from whence He came....AND SHALL RETURN....Complete More Prophecy; AND there after ANNOUNCE...

Rev 21:
[6] And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

No need to follow philosophies of false teachers. Hear, Read, Learn, Verify, the Truth IN Scripture.
* Mary fulfilled a Service unto God, as did MANY also revealed in Scripture, as DO MANY who are NOT mentioned in Scripture, WHO ALSO are Blessed, as faithful Servants, just as Mary was.
* A servant is NEVER greater than their Master.
* Holding Mary up as a coequal with Our Lord and Savior is disparaging to the Memory of Mary.

You said: "God decided to fulfill Gods own prophecy" - never forget this........ALL things come from God First -

Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.
James 1:16-18

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
min 16:13 the HS teaches the apostles then they teach us matt 28:19-20

so what are these things Christ commanded the apostles? Matt 28:19-20

The same Holy Spirit that taught the Apostles also teaches us - Today - IF you will hear His Voice......

Read and Pray from the words of Christ recorded by the Apostle John = John chapter 17

Seek for God to have Mercy on your Soul - start reading the Gospel of John

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same Holy Spirit that taught the Apostles also teaches us - Today - IF you will hear His Voice......

Read and Pray from the words of Christ recorded by the Apostle John = John chapter 17

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Saul was persecuting the church, and Christ said “why persecute me”?

Rebellion and rejection of the church or apostles or council or teaching of church or apostles or council is rebellion and rejection of Christ!

Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

The church and the apostles exist by his commands and authority! Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 20:21-23

An attack on the church is an attack on Christ!

There is an unbreakable union between Christ and His Holy Church!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Lk 10:16 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Gates of hell shall NOT PREVAIL!

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors, it is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 16:18 One fold
Jn 10:16 the household of faith! Gal 6:10

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one, what Christ did the church continues to do, the church is an extension of Christ!
To attack the church is to attack Christ!
Acts 9:4 Jn 20:21-23

Eph 5: 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18
matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Isa 22:21-22
eph 2:20

Ephesians 5:24
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ...

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors, it is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 16:18 One fold
Jn 10:16 the household of faith! Gal 6:10

The church is the ark of salvation, to attack the church is to attack salvation!

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said: "God decided to fulfill Gods own prophecy" - never forget this........ALL things come from God First -

Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.
James 1:16-18

lk 1:49 God has done this

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

still teaching the apostles
Apostles still teaching the nations
Apostles still making Christians by baptism
Matt 28;19 till Christ returns

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lk 1:49 God has done this

God has done Great Things for ALL whom HE has Chosen

Luke 1:49 - "For He who is mighty has done great things for me, And holy is His name."

Come and hear, all you who fear God,
And I will declare what He has done for my soul. Psalm 66

You have done many good things for me, LORD, just as you promised. - Psalm 119:65

What God did for Mary HE has done even more so for us who are His:

I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus, that you were enriched in everything by Him in all utterance and all knowledge, even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you, so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

There is no Greater Gift then to be called by God, washed from your sins and Placed in CHRIST.

When the Lord brought back the captivity of Zion,
We were like those who dream.
Then our mouth was filled with laughter,
And our tongue with singing.
Then they said among the nations,
“The Lord has done great things for them.”
The Lord has done great things for us,
And we are glad.
Psalm 126