Macho

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

granpa

Sep 23, 2009
West coast
tok.fandom.com
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
The male muscle (the sword) is the "I don't care" muscle. Like all psychological muscles you strengthen it by lifting psychological weights. The weight in this case is anger. The "I don't care" muscle allows you to filter out or ignore things that would otherwise be very distracting and disruptive to you. (Things that would make you angry.) It acts as a shield to protect you.

Macho people get angry when they should "not care". See the image below. Would you rather go into battle with a large sword or with large macho balls that the enemy will just use for target practice?

Being macho is a symptom of narcissism personality disorder. When the personality disorder becomes total the victim becomes "locked in" to that sort of thinking. The idea of backing down or not becoming angry literally never even enters their head. It doesnt even seem like a possibility. The trick to removing the "lock" and curing the disease is showing them, or rather putting them in, a situation where backing down is clearly to their advantage and clearly harmful to the one they are backing down from.

Being macho is about anger not hate (hate is a different muscle) but most everything that can be said about anger can also be said about hate.

la2pgbR.png

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being macho is a symptom of narcissism personality disorder. When the personality disorder becomes total the victim becomes "locked in" to that sort of thinking. The idea of backing down or not becoming angry literally never even enters their head. It doesnt even seem like a possibility. The trick to removing the "lock" and curing the disease is showing them, or rather putting them in, a situation where backing down is clearly to their advantage and clearly harmful to the one they are backing down from.
I think when you are talking about real, clinical NPD, the only thing I know that will temper them is the indwelling Jesus Christ.

The true Narcissists I've know present as a full blown mental disorder, indicating mal-development of the brain. I've known them to persist to their own hurt, merely hoping to hurt someone else more.

"Hurt people hurt people." They need healing.

Much love!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather crude... But effective!

I think of two pro wrasslers... Jesse Ventura and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Two guys who are bully's on TV, but from reports I have heard are very caring. Jesse would show up in gyms and spend more time talking to folks and giving life advice than he would train. The Rock... Ive seen pics of him having a pretend tea party with his daughter!

There isn't anything wrong with being "macho"... But a macho attitude is wrong. Real men talk to kids between sets of leg presses and have tea parties with their daughters!

Reactions: marks

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Macho is just a form of pride, over confidence, attitude that you are better than others. Confidence is good to have when it is true, fair and doesn't infringe on others.
Guys used to think I was macho because I could get girls so easily. I guess I was a bit conceded and self-centered when I was a young good lookin singer in a band. Didn't have nif nuts though. I got over it in time. We mature. If you are a granda, you have matured in many areas.
Self-control is one area. Patience, love, gentleness, kindness, faith, goodness, peacefulness and joyfulness are other areas God works on and we cooperate whether we realize it or not.
Anger comes when we are deprived of something that we want - now. So if you don't have patience then anger comes knocking. Self-control takes years sometimes.
One method is fasting. You practice depriving yourself of food or it could be something habitual that you have to do often. You learn to control the urge, put it aside for later - you don't really need it right now.
Patience is one thing God is working with me on. I don't fly off the handle, but get anxious. The Bible says be anxious for nothing. You cannot control every situation and must accept that things will not turn out the way you planned. Starting off every day with faith that "all things work together for my good" will help when something annoys you to today, gets in your way, interupts and delays your plans and you will calmly deal with it. In fact I welcome it, a challenge to test my faith, my patience, and after my experience I will be better for it.
Well you got self-control in line to supress anger, how is your love life, joy, goodness, etc. doing? People become one way or the other when they get old, bitter or better.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
'Macho, macho man. Something something macho man"

As it is exactly in the song.