Made of Show of Them Openly

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love that scripture = "he who honors the SON, honors the FATHER"

All JW's pay attention.
concering the jw , my advice is this , I would not follow it , or its watchtower ,
No , not even to burger king . We better learn CHRIST and all bible doctrine is all i can say .
for many are not follow CHRIST . They are following at most another jesus made in the image of MAN AND HIS AGENDA
And i got real bad news for folks that follow that . IT AINT GONNA SAVE A ONE OF THEM .
The TRUE CHRIST is gonna JUDGE ALL WHO DENIED HIM and followed another jesus .
REPEAT .
LEARN this WELL peoples .
THE CREATED COULD NOT SAVE ITSELF . ONLY THE CREATOR HIMSELF can live up too and attain to HIS OWN GLORY .
And thus the WORD became flesh . The WORD was in the beginning and all things that were made were made BY HIM .
THE WORD was with GOD and GOD IS THE WORD . Folks better learn quickly .
so repeat after me . The created CANNOT SAVE , but the CREATOR , NOW HE CAN SAVE .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
concering the jw , my advice is this , I would not follow it , or its watchtower ,
No , not even to burger king . We better learn CHRIST and all bible doctrine is all i can say .
for many are not follow CHRIST . They are following at most another jesus made in the image of MAN AND HIS AGENDA
And i got real bad news for folks that follow that . IT AINT GONNA SAVE A ONE OF THEM .
The TRUE CHRIST is gonna JUDGE ALL WHO DENIED HIM and followed another jesus .
REPEAT .
LEARN this WELL peoples .
THE CREATED COULD NOT SAVE ITSELF . ONLY THE CREATOR HIMSELF can live up too and attain to HIS OWN GLORY .
And thus the WORD became flesh . The WORD was in the beginning and all things that were made were made BY HIM .
THE WORD was with GOD and GOD IS THE WORD . Folks better learn quickly .
so repeat after me . The created CANNOT SAVE , but the CREATOR , NOW HE CAN SAVE .
“Look to Me, and be saved,
All you ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other.
I have sworn by Myself;
The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness,
And shall not return,
That to Me every knee shall bow,
Every tongue shall take an oath. - Isaiah 45:22-23

"Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." - Philippians 2:9-11

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have sworn by Myself;
And shall not return,

"Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." - Philippians 2:9-11
and MY GLORY i shall not give to another . JESUS IS THE GLORY OF GOD .
HE IS the WORD OF GOD . And GOD IS HIS WORD . Let all that has breath both praise and thank the glorious LORD .
GOD HAS SAVED US . IMMANUEL . GOD IS WITH US .
And he shall be called counsler , the mighty GOD , the EVERLASTING FATHER .
GOD saved the WORLD . HIS WORD BECAME FLESH . TO THE LORD BE THE GLORY .
IF you have seen ME phillip , YE HAVE SEEN THE FATHER . SO HOW SAY YOU TO SHOW US THE FATHER .
I am the first and the last . Folks better learn bibles is all i can say .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have sworn by Myself;
And shall not return,

THE WORD has gone out of my mouth . GOD IS HIS WORD . GOD reveals himself to man THROUGH HIS WORD ,
through HIS SPIRIT . IF i go not , the SPIRIT will not come unto you .
Ye have seen HIM and HE is with you . HMMM .
I will send HIM . I WILL NOT LEAVE YOU COMFORTLESS , I WILL COME UNTO YOU .
IF a man loves me HE shall be loved of MY FATHER and WE , WE WILL COME and make our ABODE WITH HIM .
GOD IS HIS SPIRIT HE IS HIS WORD . GOD has saved us , LET THE CHRIST BE PRAISED .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the WORD reveals the FATHER UNTO US .
If one looks at the teachings of JESUS it sure aint hard to learn WHO HE IS and from WHENCE HE CAME .
ITS all over the bible , both new and old .
MY GLORY will i not give to another . GOD is a jealous GOD .
Desiring all our worship . And now a reminder .
And i saw no temple therein . FOR GOD AND THE LAMB ARE THE TEMPLE .
And the GLORY OF GOD DID LIGHTEN IT . AND THE LAMB IS THE LIGHT THEREOF .
learn those bibles . AND NOT THE JW VERSION Either . LEARN the bible for YOU

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE WORD has gone out of my mouth . GOD IS HIS WORD . GOD reveals himself to man THROUGH HIS WORD ,
through HIS SPIRIT . IF i go not , the SPIRIT will not come unto you .
Ye have seen HIM and HE is with you . HMMM .
I will send HIM . I WILL NOT LEAVE YOU COMFORTLESS , I WILL COME UNTO YOU .
IF a man loves me HE shall be loved of MY FATHER and WE , WE WILL COME and make our ABODE WITH HIM .
GOD IS HIS SPIRIT HE IS HIS WORD . GOD has saved us , LET THE CHRIST BE PRAISED .
Brother, the Most Precious Gift God gave to us is His Son = "the Lamb that takes away the sins of the world"

MESSIAH is the 1st Promise of the FATHER

the 2nd Promise of the FATHER is just as you stated = Acts 1:4-5

"And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, the Most Precious Gift God gave to us is His Son = "the Lamb that takes away the sins of the world"

MESSIAH is the 1st Promise of the FATHER

the 2nd Promise of the FATHER is just as you stated = Acts 1:4-5

"And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."
David what is coming upon the land cannot be stopped . A great delusion has grown .
A time of great testing of fiery trials which will cost us all IS COMING UPON the lambs .
A short great time of massive persecutions in which many lambs will suffer IS COMING upon us .
And i am very worried for so many who think no way this is gonna happen to us .
ITS ALREADY BEGINNING and it will GET ONLY WORSE . We must remember the DOCTRINE of our LORD .
In this world ye shall have tribulations .
WE must remember that not only is it given unto us to BELIEVE ON HIM
but to also SUFFER FOR HIS NAME SAKE .
WE must remember the scrips , the letters , the words o truth recorded by the true men of days long gone .
THE CHURCHES are in dire trouble . spewing out doctrines of men which cannot save
cannot build them up , cannot prepare them for what is or what is coming upon us all .
WE are running out of time and our betrayer has come from WITHIN . And even now it speaks through men
gone wrong , through false teachers and apostels to prepare them all unto the LIE
and to convince them to come against CHRIST and the saints . ITS HAPPENING DAVID .
So be it . ITS BETTER TO SUFFER FOR CHRIST and have lived unto HIM , than to have lived a king in this sold out world
which cannot save them from the wrath of GOD . Time is running out david .
A short great testing is upon the lambs and it will surely come . Many will also betray us from within .
Many will be delivered over unto men and govts , and all because they conformed not to the lie
BUT rather stood upon CHRIST ALONE . ITS COMING DAVID . THE WHORE has spewed her toxic cup of fornication
unto the world and her religoins and even most all of christendom and sadly they have bought it .
IT will not save them . And it cannot deliver them from the wrath of GOD who shalll judge them .
We mark my words . WE ARE GONNA be persecuted and some of us are even gonna die .
But remember this , IN CHRIST WE SHALL NEVER DIE , HE who believeth on me shall never DIE .
only the body .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I wonder whether this had to do with the rulers of the people, maybe the spiritual darkness they were in, when He rose from the dead?
Spot on.

Col 2:14 Having erased the handsigned sefer of guilt choiv (debt), the heavenly indictment against us in the maleh chukat haTorah (full statute requirement of the Torah), which was against us. Moshiach has done away with this opposing record, having nailed it to Moshiach’s Etz.
Col 2:15 Having disarmed the rulers and the authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, having triumphed over them by Moshiach's Etz.

This is just my opinion, but we have the very same nesioth and roshoth operating in Orthodox Judaism spearheaded by very prominent rabbis.
I don't know if you are aware of what is going on there-

It is very likely that by the αρχας και εξουσιας, principalities and powers, over whom Christ triumphed, the apostle means the נשיאות nesioth and רשות roshoth, who were the rulers and chiefs in the Sanhedrin and synagogues, and who had great authority among the people, both in making constitutions and explaining traditions. The propagation of Christianity in Judea quite destroyed their spiritual power and domination; just as the propagation of Protestantism, which was Christianity revived, destroyed, wherever it appeared, the false doctrine and domination of the pope of Rome.
Adam Clarke.

But like you, I also want to hear what @Behold would say, there's an unfortunate rift between him and me.
Johann.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spot on.

Col 2:14 Having erased the handsigned sefer of guilt choiv (debt), the heavenly indictment against us in the maleh chukat haTorah (full statute requirement of the Torah), which was against us. Moshiach has done away with this opposing record, having nailed it to Moshiach’s Etz.
Col 2:15 Having disarmed the rulers and the authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, having triumphed over them by Moshiach's Etz.

This is just my opinion, but we have the very same nesioth and roshoth operating in Orthodox Judaism spearheaded by very prominent rabbis.
I don't know if you are aware of what is going on there-

It is very likely that by the αρχας και εξουσιας, principalities and powers, over whom Christ triumphed, the apostle means the נשיאות nesioth and רשות roshoth, who were the rulers and chiefs in the Sanhedrin and synagogues, and who had great authority among the people, both in making constitutions and explaining traditions. The propagation of Christianity in Judea quite destroyed their spiritual power and domination; just as the propagation of Protestantism, which was Christianity revived, destroyed, wherever it appeared, the false doctrine and domination of the pope of Rome.
Adam Clarke.

But like you, I also want to hear what @Behold would say, there's an unfortunate rift between him and me.
Johann.
So far this is what makes the most sense to me. I appreciate you as always!

I've read Behold's post, I want to read it over again and let it settle in.

Much love!

Reactions: Johann

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is distinct from the hierarchies of evil angels (Rev 12). The verse in Colossians alludes to those principalities and powers (see Ephesians 6). But we do not find any Scripture that connects THE CROSS to the defeat of those evil angels OPENLY.

"The works of the devil" would not be identical to the principalities and powers. The Bible ranks the hierarchies of evil angels as follows depending on the level of authority they have over nations and empires:
1. principalities
2. powers
3. rulers of the darkness of this world
4. spiritual wickedness in high places.

So it is only God Himself who witnessed this triumph of Christ. It was open to God and the holy angels, but neither the apostles nor the other disciples saw this event.
Sounds like speculation.

Reactions: marks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Johann.

I didnt want to step on Marks Thread, so, i would't post a Thread on His Thread, that is related to the same verse.
I would do this on Episkopos's Thread's, however, because they are like eating spiritual death, according to The New Testament ive been around.
Some would tell me that im being rude to Him, or disrespectful....and i would say that because He uses the Titles of My Threads for His Thread's and Videos, im already a part of them, anyway.
So....
Marks, suggested that i might teach the "Made show of them openly" verse, as i had invited him to hook me up to produce a Thread....and so, ... he did.
Thank you .

If you want to read it,, its available., Johann.

Its a little bit long, and i wrote it this morning and was inspired.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I didnt want to step on Marks Thread, so, i would't post a Thread on His Thread, that is related to the same verse.
I would do this on Episkopos's Thread's, however, because they are like eating spiritual death, according to The New Testament ive been around.
Some would tell me that im being rude to Him, or disrespectful....and i would say that because He uses the Titles of My Threads for His Thread's and Videos, im already a part of them, anyway.
So....
Marks, suggested that i might teach the "Made show of them openly" verse, as i had invited him to hook me up to produce a Thread....and so, ... he did.
Thank you .

If you want to read it,, its available., Johann.

Its a little bit long, and i wrote it this morning and was inspired.

I've read it, nothing is too long for me, and it is powerful. Thanks.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:14-15 KJV
14) Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15) And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

@Behold ,

What does this part mean?

Thank you!

Much love!

I'm taking you up on your invitation to request a thread. If you prefer, start a new one, and post a link for me here. Thanks!
Marks... a decent study and topic and one that is easily expandable to a few paragraphs...

"...made a show (public display) of them"...openly

Col 2:15a ..the powers and authorities represent the 'old' unsaved life of rules, regulations, the law and being persuaded by evil men and even demons influencing men who ONCE controlled our lives. Basically, we have departed from the principles and elementals of this world to living the new life of the Kingdom in Christ and because of Christ. He won the spiritual war for our lives and placed the former 'influences' under arrest and behind bars.

Col 2:16, 20-23 expands on the 'old life' of the powers and authorities.
Col 3 speaks to the new life in Christ. And this is where we can now continually display and keep bringing them (old powers and authorities) to shame, in our private and public lives, who are now disarmed and in chains, no more in control of our lives.

Christ's death on the Cross signified the final assault against the evil world powers and authorities in their/our midst, and his complete and utter victory. And thus his victory became ours and our reality, completed with his resurrection to new life by his Father, and new lives because of our Father as well.

Paul says we now have the powers and authorities of this world in chains for all peoples to see/experience through/by genuine believers in their heart and in their public actions and words. In our heart we are now following the new leader of our life as in a daily procession of victory, and we are living this victory parade everyday of our lives as we drag along in the rear the 'old man' and the old powers and authorities as prisoners that use to have a hold of our souls - no more, we have victory in Christ. So we should always keep sight of this fact that we do not bend to the powers of this world anymore.
We are free in Christ, for all to see, on public display to see this new life in Christ in us as we live in this world, and thus is seen as a reflection of the old life 'visibly' in chains and inconsequential to us. We are different, a peculiar people in this world.

Reactions: Johann

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Marks, from the passage removed from where it was embedded, these two verses do not make much sense.

Colossians 2: 11-23: - Not Legalism but Christ

11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. 18 Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.​

20 Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations — 21 “Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle,” 22 which all concern things which perish with the using — according to the commandments and doctrines of men? 23 These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.​

NKJV

In Rev 19 & 20 we are told that the heavenly hosts, i.e., the Beast, The false Prophet and Satan were disarmed by Christ just before the Great White Throne Room judgement in our distant future where Christ triumphs over them and dispatches them into the Lake of Fire, which is also the place of the Second Death.

The problem that we have is that Satan has masked his and the other wicked fallen heavenly hosts activities through causing the manifestation of their activities to rise up out of the sea of humanity, such that the activities that the Beasts, i.e., the fallen wicked heavenly hosts, to human activity as they chose to live within the dominion of the respective described beasts.

Isaiah in Isaiah 24:21-22 tells us that the Heavenly Hosts and the kings of the earth will be judged, in our near future, at the time that the kings of the earth gather at Armageddon, and they will be gathered together and imprisoned for many days in a pit to await the time of their punishment.

By Christ capturing the heavenly hosts at the end of the Seventh Age, He has triumphed over them openly.

This passage encourages us to stand in the work of the Cross and to not allow anyone, particularly the wicked fallen heavenly hosts, to condemn us for what we do in league with Christ.

Shalom​

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well why don't you show us from Scripture that what I said was not correct? There is nothing actually written in the NT to fill out the details of that verse.
So you're going to fill in the details for us?

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks @Jay Ross

They were openly defeated as Messiah hung on the Tree/Cross.

So, what can we gather from the Treasure of Scripture that this speaks of?

@Jay Ross touched on it = "having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us.
And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
"

So what were these "handwriting of requirements that was against us" = the Law

Romans 5:20 - "Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound."

Who was watching all this Time, while we were under the Law? = Not just God but satan as well

"And I heard a great voice in heaven, saying: "Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of His Christ have come, because the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, the one accusing them before our God day and night."

Now that Christ fulfilled the Law and ENDED it for us in RIGHTEOUSNESS = it DISARMED the strength of the Law = SIN

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit."

SEE = therefore now no condemnation = because of MESSIAH'S RIGHTEOUSNESS for us who BELIEVE

For us who Believe = There is no greater disarming of satan and the earthbound powers then this!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.