Man has a part in his salvation=things to do, believe and say.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you receive the Holy Spirit, then faith, and then you become a recipient of grace.

I really thought before that grace comes before receiving the Holy Spirit.

James 2:20
[20] But wilt thou know, O vain (flesh)man, that faith without works (This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.)is dead?

Faith without the believing work of God is dead.

James 2:26
[26] For as the body without the spirit (the work of God)is dead, so faith without works (of God) is dead also.

1 Corinthians 13:2-7
[2] And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity(the Spirit), I am nothing(flesh). (Vain faith) [3] And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor , and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity(the Spirit), it profiteth me nothing(flesh). [4] Charity(the Spirit) suffereth long, and is kind; charity(the Spirit) envieth not; charity(the Spirit) vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own(testifies not of himself but of the Son), (the Spirit) is not easily provoked, (the Spirit) thinketh no evil; [6](the Spirit) Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the (Son)truth; [7](the Spirit) Beareth all things, (the Spirit) believeth all things, (the Spirit) hopeth all things, (the Spirit) endureth all things.

Where the Spirit is there is Life.

Hebrews 12:2
[2] Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured (by the Spirit)the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Mark 4:17
[17] And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended(flesh).

John 6:27
[27] Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth (the Spirit)unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

Faith without the Spirit of God is vain faith and dead. It does not and can not endure because it has NO root. Romans 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore we come into grace through faith, we have access to grace because of our faith.

This is foundational teaching, that faith is the key that opens the door into the room we call grace; and, of course, Jesus is the door.

cont'd from #320.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[20] But wilt thou know, O vain (flesh)man, that faith without works (This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.)is dead?

[26] For as the body without the spirit (the work of God)is dead, so faith without works (of God) is dead also.

[2] And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity(the Spirit), I am nothing(flesh). (Vain faith) [3] And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor , and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity(the Spirit), it profiteth me nothing(flesh). [4] Charity(the Spirit) suffereth long, and is kind; charity(the Spirit) envieth not; charity(the Spirit) vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own(testifies not of himself but of the Son), (the Spirit) is not easily provoked, (the Spirit) thinketh no evil; [6](the Spirit) Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the (Son)truth; [7](the Spirit) Beareth all things, (the Spirit) believeth all things, (the Spirit) hopeth all things, (the Spirit) endureth all things.

[2] Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured (by the Spirit)the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

[17] And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

[27] Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth (the Spirit)unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

Faith without the Spirit of God is vain faith and dead. It does not and can not endure because it has NO root. Romans 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Well stated!

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore we come into grace through faith, we have access to grace because of our faith.

So, God's grace really doesn't save us... what does save us is our choosing of His grace, which means we are saved by our choice not by His grace....

So you think the Scriptures teach works righteousness?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the person who asks for the Holy Spirit (cf. Luke 11:9-13) already a recipient of grace?

Or, do they receive the Holy Spirit through asking, and then they become a recipient of grace?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

[17] And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended(flesh).

Great verses there. The parable of the sower is a great reference point in terms of challenging to show permanent fruit from the seed sowing.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cont'd from #326...

By Faith, can’t have faith without the in dwelling of the Holy Spirit. Can’t even confess Him as Lord without the in dwelling of the Holy Spirit. Mans carnal faith is vain Holy Spirit faith quickens(gives life, new birth) they walk in newness of life. This is undeniably what happened at Pentecost. The spirit abides. Whole altogether different group of men. Boldness displayed fear cast out power displayed fruit of the spirit realized.

So you receive the Holy Spirit, then faith, and then you become a recipient of grace.

I really thought before that grace comes before receiving the Holy Spirit.

I really feel that the proper order is faith, then grace, and then the Holy Spirit.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the person who asks for the Holy Spirit (cf. Luke 11:9-13) already a recipient of grace?

Or, do they receive the Holy Spirit through asking, and then they become a recipient of grace?

Romans 11:18
[18] Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not (the Spirit)the root, but (the Spirit)the root (bearest)thee.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Isaiah 11:10
[10] And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Romans 15:12-13
[12] And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust. [13] Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Spirit.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At what point does grace come in...before or after faith and/or receiving the Holy Spirit?

In what order do you put faith, grace, and receiving the Holy Spirit?

1) _______
2) _______
3) _______

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard that a person can be saved (by grace) and then the Holy Spirit can come upon them later on in life. What do you think of this?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gal 3:14, That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.