Many are called but few are chosen

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LoL. I've had enough tests for one week, but I appreciate the invite. :p

So then who is in the "saved" nations...and who in the holy city?

The only people that describe the difference as a matter of doctrine are the Messianics...who are mistaken in relegating Gentiles to a permanent subservience to the Jews. These believe that THEY are the Bride who rule over the Gentiles in the nations...forever.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, most everything he posts i object to at first. I have to think very hard and listen for some time before I can understand and agree with it.

That's good. :) It does take some grey matter, especially when dealing with the parables. I think that's what makes it more of a trial when disagreements still persist, because there is so much mental involvement, and I have other things that require my time and energy. I'm actually like him in some ways, because much of what I teach goes over people's heads as well.

But maybe when I do have space and time I'll try to get involved in something with him again.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's good. :) It does take some grey matter, especially when dealing with the parables. I think that's what makes it more of a trial when disagreements still persist, because there is so much mental involvement, and I have other things that require my time and energy. I'm actually like him in some ways, because much of what I teach goes over people's heads as well.

But maybe when I do have space and time I'll try to get involved in something with him again.

Yes, it's tiring to try to understand. I think it's like juggling. If you drop one of the 3 balls, you are no longer juggling. And I often think I am juggling, then someone brings a ball/ verse i had dropped/forgotten!

Reactions: Nancy and Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are 3 destinies among the saved....but only one is concerning the saints who rule with Christ

Zech. 13:8 And it shall come to pass in all the land,”
Says the Lord,
“That two-thirds in it shall be cut off and die,
But one-third shall be left in it:
9 I will bring the one-third through the fire,
Will refine them as silver is refined,
And test them as gold is tested.
They will call on My name,
And I will answer them.
I will say, ‘This is My people’;
And each one will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’ ”

Paul was afraid of being cut-off...but cut-off from what..or Whom? From the presence of the Lord. Without holiness none shall see the Lord.

The word in Hebrew for "die" in v.8 is to "breathe out". Sort of sounds like being spit out of the mouth of Jesus. But the death is separation from God....not a lack of life.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it's tiring to try to understand. I think it's like juggling. If you drop one of the 3 balls, you are no longer juggling. And I often think I am juggling, then someone brings a ball/ verse i had dropped/forgotten!

Yes, and it gets worse when you add about ten more, LoL. I used to use this analogy with my wife. She would interrupt me during study with some question about dinner, and an entire house of cards in my head would come crashing down, LoL. It wasn't fun. She still does it occasionally, but not as much, and she means no harm so it's hard to be mad at her. :) But it's PAINFUL, LoL.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are 3 destinies among the saved....but only one is concerning the saints who rule with Christ

Zech. 13:8 And it shall come to pass in all the land,”
Says the Lord,
“That two-thirds in it shall be cut off and die,
But one-third shall be left in it:
9 I will bring the one-third through the fire,
Will refine them as silver is refined,
And test them as gold is tested.
They will call on My name,
And I will answer them.
I will say, ‘This is My people’;
And each one will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’ ”

Paul was afraid of being cut-off...but cut-off from what..or Whom? From the presence of the Lord. Without holiness none shall see the Lord.

The word in Hebrew for "die" in v.8 is to "breathe out". Sort of sounds like being spit out of the mouth of Jesus. But the death is separation from God....not a lack of life.

Sorry, bud. This is just going to go around and around. I would respond, but then you will respond, and it will just go on and on and on... Let's try the next one (maybe). :)

Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Good analogy. A lot of people simply ignore the new verse....and only concentrate on what they can understand. But we are NOT to lean on our own understanding...or simply handle the doctrines we already think we understand.

That's the beauty and challenge of hearing the whole counsel of God. :)

We need to uplift our understanding to get it. If we diminish God in any way...we miss it!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry, bud. This is just going to go around and around. I would respond, but then you will respond, and it will just go on and on and on... Let's try the next one (maybe). :)

That's fine. I'm not posting specifically for you...but for the thread. Rejoin the thread when you feel inclined. :)

Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think those in the saved nations are those who are left behind in the gathering together who God thinks need more testing to come out as pure gold. They are those who don't take the mark and are persecuted. After the 1000 years, then we see a new heaven and earth, and many who were last will be first there!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think those in the saved nations are those who are left behind in the gathering together who God thinks need more testing to come out as pure gold. They are those who don't take the mark and are persecuted. After the 1000 years, then we see a new heaven and earth, and many who were last will be first there!

So then for clarity sake...what are these people called...based on other prophesies and parables? IOW...what is the framework? The biblical framework?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then for clarity sake...what are these people called...based on other prophesies and parables? IOW...what is the framework? The biblical framework?

I would call these people...those who were not counted worthy to escape that time of testing coming on the whole world to test its people.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I would call these people...those who were not counted worthy to escape that time of testing coming on the whole world to test its people.

The bible calls them in the nations...the righteous, they that are saved, guests to the feast, Japheth....etc.

And they who abide in the city...the saints, the Bride, Shem, etc...

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
toooo-morrow, tomorrow
it all starts tomorrow
tomorrow's just a daaaaay awaaaaay...
lol sorry

Lol @ bbyrd!
Sorry, not really a laughing matter but rather a sober one.
Five virgins sing that song. Until they don't anymore.
Sobering.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
well i hope you get the point that your time of testing coming upon the whole world at the same time would necessarily exclude everyone who has already died, right. The time of testing happens today imo

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well i hope you get the point that your time of testing coming upon the whole world at the same time would necessarily exclude everyone who has already died, right. The time of testing happens today imo

i agree.
our time of testing and refining is now.
So run your race of trust to win!

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lol, most everything he posts i object to at first. I have to think very hard and listen for some time before I can understand and agree with it.

Lets talk about 'him'... :)
He is what my husband calls " Good Seed".....
I too agree 100% on some things...and strongly disagree on some of his things... but that is what makes Forums fun.
It is good for testing what we ourselves believe , to see if we can be moved or shaken, it is good for seeing a fresh perspective...
I always try to stay flexible and teachable...it is the fool who believes that they already know it all.

We are all good for each other ... :)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lets talk about 'him'... :)
He is what my husband calls " Good Seed".....
I too agree 100% on some things...and strongly disagree on some of his things... but that is what makes Forums fun.
It is good for testing what we ourselves believe , to see if we can be moved or shaken, it is good for seeing a fresh perspective...
I always try to stay flexible and teachable...it is the fool who believes that they already know it all.

We are all good for each other ... :)

...indeed...:eek::D...... (✟)