Many are called but few are chosen

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But one-third shall be left in it:
9 I will bring the one-third through the fire,

Okay. I have noticed the parts ... but as you once said (which was wise) God brings things together. Man divides them. The eternal, without seam, coat of the Lord. John 19:23-24 Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout. [24] They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things therefore the soldiers did.

Why will God bring one third through the fire?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I will (I am) meditating on them. Again, not saying you are wrong. I’ve seen things of God open before to where I say, “How did I not see that before when it was right in front of me.” But I have questions:

Here you refer to the money in the parable of the Lord as grace or mercy. This makes sense when you said “so if we receive grace from God...from His mercy...then bestowing that grace and mercy on others....who are deserving or not....makes us to be righteous.” It fits “to forgive” as you have been forgiven. In fact, it seems to be the very thing we are called to do in being chosen...to show (declare) mercy and to bear witness of God’s grace and mercy. Yes, makes sense that out of love and thankfulness for the mercy and grace we have received, that we also extend it to others(deserving or not).

But then you revert back from grace and mercy to “so then we can in a sense be...righteous by using unrighteous things.” Are you speaking of “grace” or “money” now? Is grace not righteous? Not grace as in descriptive “grace” and beauty...but “grace” as a verb, an action of something given (exchanged)? God uses a temporal (the Unrighteous Mammon) to teach a spiritual application of an eternal treasure?

2 Corinthians 6:1-10
[1] We then, as workers together with him , beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. [2] (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) [3] Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed: [4] But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, [5] In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; [6] By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned, [7] By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, [8] By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; [9] As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; [10] As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
VictoryinJesus

Grace is indeed pivotal!

"All of grace, yes, grace surpassing
Such a portion to bestow,
But the love, all knowledge passing
Grace has taught us now to know.

Love that bore the stripes and sorrow,
Love that suffered on the tree,
Love that shares the bright tomorrow
With the loved ones, you and me."

Reactions: Helen

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Okay. I have noticed the parts ... but as you once said (which was wise) God brings things together. Man divides them. The eternal, without seam, coat of the Lord. John 19:23-24 Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout. [24] They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things therefore the soldiers did.

Yes...one third of the saved ones. Like the number of the surviving sons of Noah. All the saved in the world to come are "from" these 3. IOW God is giving us a hint at the distinct destinies of mankind in "hagilgoul haba"...the world to come.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Lets talk about 'him'... :)
He is what my husband calls " Good Seed".....
I too agree 100% on some things...and strongly disagree on some of his things... but that is what makes Forums fun.
It is good for testing what we ourselves believe , to see if we can be moved or shaken, it is good for seeing a fresh perspective...
I always try to stay flexible and teachable...it is the fool who believes that they already know it all.

We are all good for each other ... :)
Searching the Scriptures - iron sharpening iron - is certainly a wholesome part of the Christian life!

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The context determines the meaning of this:

PROPHECY REGARDING FUTURE JERUSALEM AND JUDAH
In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness. (v 1)

PROPHECY REGARDING THE LAND OF ISRAEL
And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. (v 8)

PROPHECY REGARDING THE TIME OF JACOB'S TROUBLE
And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God. (v 9)

So this is about the redemption and restoration of a believing remnant of Israel AFTER the second coming of Christ. The Jews will be refined as by fire in the furnace of afflictions as prophesied by Daniel -- a time such as has never been nor shall ever be: And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. (Dan 12:1)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So this is about the redemption and restoration of a believing remnant of Israel AFTER the second coming of Christ. The Jews will be refined as by fire in the furnace of afflictions as prophesied by Daniel -- a time such as has never been nor shall ever be: And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. (Dan 12:1)

That was the response I declined to offer him. Enoch, I was going to post you privately on this eventually, but since I may not get around to it I'll just say it here: Thanks for maintaining more orthodox positions in many of your posts. Not all of us have the time for endless debating. With types like Episkopos it's more just about batting things around, but with a number of other members on this Forum there is a consistent tendency toward posting blatant heresy, and your refutations keep this site from being overrun by theological quackery.

Just thought you might like to know your contributions are appreciated.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Reactions: Nancy and Enoch111

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This hasn’t happened?
This happens after the second coming of Christ. Today Israel and the Jews (as a whole) are in spiritual blindness and bondage. All that will change after Christ literally returns to earth at the second coming.

ROMANS 11
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion [Jerusalem] the Deliverer, [CHRIST] and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: [Israel]
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins... In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness. (v 1)

Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This happens after the second coming of Christ. Today Israel and the Jews (as a whole) are in spiritual blindness and bondage. All that will change after Christ literally returns to earth at the second coming.

ROMANS 11
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion [Jerusalem] the Deliverer, [CHRIST] and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: [Israel]
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins... In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness. (v 1)
Thank you. Will go back and read it again.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets talk about 'him'... :)
He is what my husband calls " Good Seed".....
I too agree 100% on some things...and strongly disagree on some of his things... but that is what makes Forums fun.
It is good for testing what we ourselves believe , to see if we can be moved or shaken, it is good for seeing a fresh perspective...
I always try to stay flexible and teachable...it is the fool who believes that they already know it all.

We are all good for each other ... :)
"Good word" Helen :) I am right with you when it comes to Epi. I also think he is a good teacher and seems to come across as kind and respectful. Doesn't return in kind to a nasty post. I guess we can keep him around. :D